uenj
Rich
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

1667868868597.png
(hope you like the picture.)

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

TheLoFis

(Other accounts people may know me as. . .)
goobrrr
NewJersy
BiggestWeezerFan
flclenjoyer

Previous bans:
None, however I'd like to take time to speak out on something that played a big reason for my denial in a previous application.

I won't go too into detail with it, since the issue has passed and I am now on somewhat good terms with the person it happened with, but I'd like to mention that I'd consider myself a very friendly person in the community and toxicity is not my strong suit, I've never been a very confrontational person, the issue that had gotten a previous application denied was simply something that happened in the heat of the moment. . (Seriously, it's nothing horrible, all was forgiven by the person it happened with, it was just some toxicity on my end.)

I hope that punishment still doesn't take any part in this application, I've had plenty of time to learn from what happened and I'd like to think my overall reputation on the server is pretty good and I'd like to keep it that way.

Describe your activity on the server?:
If I had to rate my activity on SRP, I'd give it a 10/10! I'd say I've devoted a good amount of time to this server; I participate in a lot of different types of roleplay as well such as, GangRP/CombatRP/P2L/etc, JockRP before when I was apart of a sports team, and I've even spent time in the "Adult" part of SchoolRP being a school faculty for around a month or two. Overall though, I'd say I'm active in various communities of the server and have been able to maintain an 'active' status on each of my characters that I currently have.

Which timezone are you in?:
EST

Do you have discord? If so what is your tag?:
ryan.#8719

Do you have a microphone?:
Yeah, I use it a lot.

List your current and past applications:

[ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/flclenjoyer-receptionist-application.52294/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/italian-application-newjersy.51937/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/goobrrr-french-application.51769/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/goobrrr-german-application.52804/

[DENIED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/shrine-priest-application-goobass.54785/

What experiences do you have with Detail RP?:
I'd say I'm fairly well versed in 'Detail RP'. I know with my time roleplaying with the members of The Akihito Clan, I've had to face many moments aside from fighting where Detail RP was utilized to make a scenario more engaging. Various tasks I had been given I was able to turn into something a whole lot more interesting. Outside of that, I do enjoy Detail RPing just in normal RP as well. . Especially if whatever may be happening could be detrimental to my character's story, I make sure to make the best out of every given situation, it's more fun for other players and myself as well! Finally, I'd have to say my favorite use of Detail RP is simply when I'm bored. Sometimes, if nothing is going on, I'll just write on a lengthy, yet engaging action to have my character do something when no one is around; These things can consist of fixing something, cleaning something, smoking, etc. I'd say overall my skills & experience with Detail RP are adept; I still have room for improvement but don't we all?

What is your motivation to apply for EMS and how will you benefit our current team?:
I'd like to start off by saying I believe EMS has some of the most engaging, well written out actions on the whole server. Every time my character happens to end up in the ER, I'm always greeted with such well thought out actions. That right there is a big motivation for me, I want to be surrounded by other people who put effort in their actions. This is not a shot at anyone specific, I just really enjoy the way EMS roleplays. Other than that, I've really been wanting a 'fun' role on the server now for a while, and this has most definitely piqued my interest. How I will be a benefit is my dedication, creativity, and liveliness I bring to my roleplay. Since I joined this server back in March, my main goal was to just have fun and let my imagination roam free. I don't believe that using big words and big paragraphs of text is 'peak' roleplay, to me what peak roleplay is something that will catch the viewers eyes, something that will make them laugh or even make their jaw drop! That is what I do best. With me in EMS, and especially the role I'm applying for, you'll notice that my set of skills is extremely beneficial to the factions by being able to engage players and give them a sense of fun that they might've not experienced before.

Which medical role are you applying for? (e.g: Surgeon, Doctor, Psychiatrist):
Psychiatrist

Specify your knowledge for the role you’re applying for:

Psychiatrists study, diagnose, prevent/treat mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders with a plethora of methods mainly consisting of medication and alternative methods such as psychotherapy, on top of some other methods that I'm not quite familiar with yet but will most definitely be looking into.

I'm aware of some common issues Psychiatrists are faced with as well. These issues consist of the following:

Bipolar disorder (BPD)
Major depressive disorder
Social anxiety disorder
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

These are just a few of the many issues they face, however I believe it's important to have an understanding of the common issues we face in order to excel in this field.

Categorize all the functions of the EMS and tell us what each of them does:

Hospital Director:

The top dog, the leader, and I can give a hundred different variations of superior but I'll give it to you short; the Hospital Director is simply in charge, they decide who's in and who's out. Major issue? To them, they're the most crucial part to the Hospital and without them it's like removing the foundation from a building, the whole thing goes BOOM! Whatever they say goes, they set up training but of course don't PERFORM the training themselves , bring in interns, etc. Being the Director requires you to be a jack of all trades, you have to be persistent and ready to tackle any challenge ahead. Of course, being seen as the 'Leader' of the Hospital means there is only one Director, rightfully so.

Clinical Manager:

Clinical Manager, think of them as the Hospital Directors right-hand man. The similarities between this role and Hospital Director are akin, the only difference is the hierarchy between the two. Just because they can be seen as somewhat of an assistant to the Director, does not mean each role within the Hospital can walk all over them, They are second-in-command. I really wish I could go into greater detail with this, but as I said this role and Director are extremely similar, and I would just be repeating information that I've already stated before.

Clinical Lead:

We've exited the top dog race. . . kind of. Clinical Leads lead their own little sections of the Hospital, and by sections I mean their respective field. Every role has a Clinical Lead; Surgeon, Doctor, and Psychiatrist all have their own respected Leads. They don't just sit around and do nothing, quite the opposite. At this point they do still in fact actively perform surgeries, check-ups, and therapy just as they usually would if they were just a normal Surgeon, Doctor, or Psychiatrist. Only difference is they have to make sure that the people in their respective fields are performing well, and are actively trained to keep that consistency of being the very best they can be.

Head Of Department:

The name may confuse some people when reading it after reading the description of Clinical Lead; However, the Head of Department is simply a very high-skilled employee who's been able to showcase their skills to an expert level. As the Clinical Lead does, they assist with training of their respective role. Once again we have another 'right-hand man' type role in EMS.

Surgeon:

Surgeons do exactly what the name entails, they perform surgeries on patients in need. Surgeries will take place in the Operating room, in there they'll treat many physical injuries such as broken bones, open wounds (bleeding); They can also help make operations on diseases such as tumors which could potentially lead to something a lot worse than what it may be; They can perform surgeries on deformities as well! While this may not be as common as the other two, it is most certainly possible. Within this field, you'll find four roles within it; Clinical Lead, Head of Department, Attending Surgeon, and Surgeon. I've already gone into detail with Clinical Lead and Head of Department, but they're the only two positions that can actually train new/current Surgeons. Attending Surgeons are the more experienced and skilled employees in the department, they have been well trained and prepared for this position. The normal standard Surgeon are usually new to the department, or are still actively being trained. All surgeons are permitted to operate on patients, UNLESS they have not participated and gone through every training.

Doctor:

Doctors! We should all know what this is, in case you don't though. . They pretty much provide check-ups for patients, seeing if there's anything wrong with them physically. This can be illnesses or injuries they can check on; While they can do all of this, they actually do not perform operations on the patients even if they DO know what's wrong with them, that's for the surgeons. What Doctors will do instead is prescribe you medication or even help you set up a date for surgery if needed. Doctors are NOT meant to be miracle workers, they're meant to help deal with common-minor issues, such as the common cold, a stomach bug, and they can even assist with cast removal and placement. Doctors are not expected to deal with any sort of life-threatening illnesses or injuries. Just like Surgeon, there are four roles within this field. Clinical Lead & Head of Department are the only roles allowed to train new/current Doctors. After that you have your attending doctors and your standard doctors!

Psychiatrist:

Psychiatrists can somewhat be seen as the 'Mental Doctor'. Similar to Doctors, they don't perform operations on patients but instead provide diagnosis and prescription to help patients fight off against various mental illnesses/issues. Psychiatrists are there to hear out the patients' issues, and determine what they can do from there to further help those problems; Whether it be, medication, more sessions, or just giving them simple solutions of what they should and shouldn't do in their day-to-day lives. While they won't be able to provide much for patients physically, mentally is their expertise and pretty much ALL mental illnesses and disease related problems go directly to the Psychiatrist. I did a little more explaining of what this role does earlier in the application as well if you'd like to go back and read it (or don't). Just as EMS's other two fields, Psychiatrists have FOUR roles! Clinical Lead and Head of Department, help organize and perform training with the new/current Psychiatrists. Attending Psychiatrists are ones with a little more experience than your standard one, they've been more trained and prepared for their position; Finally, but certainly not least we have just the normal old Psychiatrist! This role has either received no training, or some training, they may not be as skilled as the Attending Psychiatrists, but they most definitely can get the job done!

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I'm fully aware of this.
Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Of course, I plan on giving it my all.
Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorized to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I am aware.
Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes, I acknowledge this.

In-Character (IC) Section

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us about your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Tetsuo Oda is a fairly tall man for someone of Japanese descent; standing at 6ft (183cm), with a somewhat ectomorph build giving him a very slender appearance. He's a perfectionist who only wants a further understanding of the things in life, because of this mindset he's made himself a workaholic, always pushing himself to the limit to achieve his goals. He carries a tired look upon his face most days, he'd seem somewhat unapproachable to most but if you somehow found a way to make a conversation with him you can tell he's a very down to earth guy. His chestnut colored eyes seemed to lack life in them, if you couldn't already tell he isn't the type of person to be bouncing off the walls; he's a very reserved person. His fashion choice is something you'd see out of 'Dr. Who's primarily wearing trench coats, button-up shirts, and your state of the art blazers. His hair is smooth and long, almost hanging down to his shoulders; he had a beautiful shade of jet-black hair, his hair and his overall hygiene seemed very well taken care of. His skin was pale as snow, if he went to the beach on a hot-summer day, he'd most definitely burn to a crisp.

While Tetsuo may seem like a cold-hearted man, deep down he's quite the opposite. He's always had compassion for people, and has only ever wanted to do the right thing. It's his drive for work that is what drives people away; he prioritizes his job over anything, and unintentionally pushes people out of his life doing so. Unfortunately, he's a man who only harms himself with what he does, being highly-stressed out at all times has played a big part in his recurring insomnia and his anxiety. While this all may play part in how he acts outside of work, inside of work he does his best to maintain himself. If you were to get into conversation with him, and he had the time or you're talking to him for a work related task, you'd find him as a very pleasing person to talk to. He's not anti-social, far from it, he's actually quite good with talking to people as most would say he's a "kind man."

Tetsuo isn't a super quirky type person, he's just like me and you, normal people working for a goal. However, even if he may act like me and you doesn't mean he is me and you. Tetsuo has always had an issue of sticking his nose where it didn't belong, while he may be all the things I've stated, his interest is within the criminal mind. Coming to Karakura, he wants to get an understanding of the criminal's mind and try and help find solutions for these people one step at a time. It's his motivation to make the world a better place by trying to understand someone is what sets him apart from others.

What are they like on and off the job?

ON THE JOB!

He's professional, you'll rarely see him goofing off on the job, in fact you'll rarely see him staying in one place. While on the job he needs to be moving, he needs to be actively doing something or else he'll feel as if he's wasting crucial time, he needs to stay productive to thrive in his mind. To his co-workers he may just seem like a guy overworking himself or maybe someone who can come off as a bit odd, you see while he's working he often shuts out other people and their casual conversations. At the end of the day he is a human though, and he himself in the field he's in knows how crucial human interaction is to maintaining a good mental health. On the job when he has free time to talk to coworkers, he's a very kind and sensible person, he's careful with what he says; he doesn't want to create a toxic work environment for himself and his co-workers so he makes sure to maintain good relationships with them all.

OFF THE JOB!
"Off the job. . ?" Is probably what he'd say if you asked him what he did off the job. As I've said he's a workaholic, even off the job he's working, whether it be reading up on various cases, or just running through old notes and trying to expand his knowledge. Of course, he can't be doing this to himself 24/7, in his free time he'll usually go shopping, read, go on walks, and drink coffee. As always he always remains a kind person, if you approached him on the streets it'd be unlikely for him to turn down a conversation. On top of this, he's always willing to educate people, if he notices an issue with someone on the street (ex. If they're doing something they aren't supposed to, like stealing.) He's very likely to approach the person in a calm manner and try to inform them of what they're doing isn't very beneficial to them. Oh! If you're looking to have just a casual conversation with him in public, be sure to approach him first, because there's NO way he's initiating a conversation.

Outlook on their co-workers? Plans for the future?

OUTLOOK ON THEIR CO-WORKERS!

Tetsuo treats his co-workers how he wants to be treated, with respect. As stated earlier, he thinks it's very important to keep a healthy work environment to ensure that there'd be no problems at all, so he expects them to treat him with just as much respect as he gives them. He sees them as equals, he doesn't see himself over anyone really, he knows very well that all of them had to go through just as much if not more challenges than him to get where they are today.

PLANS FOR THE FUTURE!
Tetsuo's plans for the future is to become a Psychiatrist people can rely on. He doesn't want to be seen as someone who people can't trust, he wants to excel at his job. Aside from that, I'd say he plans on figuring out the motives and reasoning of some of the criminal masterminds of Karakura and try and help them move past that life, or perhaps turn their crime syndicates into something better. Even if he's unable to do that, I'm sure he'd like to just get an understanding of what goes through their heads just for his studies.

Does your character have any past / current mental and or physical illnesses we should take acknowledgment to?
Anxiety Disorder; while he may seem like a very pleasant person to talk to, and can hold a conversation well. . He often has very bad paranoia, and tends to avoid big crowds of people. His anxiety disorder also plays a big part in his major insomnia and his large amounts of stress of the daily.

BACKSTORY
(Make sure this biography/lore has 100+ words.)
[940 words, not like that matters]

Tetsuo Oda, born and raised in the heart of Kyoto with both his parents and his older brother. From the day he was born Tetsuo was put to work, having to start studying at a young age, his parents were big on education. While his father worked as one of the lead directors at an oil company, his mother stayed home with her two children homeschooling them until the age of eight, to where they'd then be transferred to private school. In school, Tetsuo was always a bright kid, he was on top of his class throughout his primary school years, as well as his secondary. While Tetsuo shined in ways that most couldn't, he still never received the attention at home that you'd think he would. His older brother seemed to be the star of the show to his parents, as he attended law school and became a big shot lawyer making more yen than you could even imagine. It was strange, despite Tetsuo being on top of his class and seemingly having a bright future, it didn't seem to be enough. When Tetsuo was a boy, he always had an interest in the human mind and its overall behavior. Usually when kids say they want to be something when they're older they never stick with it, that wasn't the case for him. He was always a kid who'd over****yze things, everything needed a reason to him. This mindset is what kept him driving, he needed a reason why he wasn't getting any recognition from his parents. The most he'd get was a pat on the back saying 'Good work Tetsuo.' He was never envious of his brother, if anything he looked up to him, he gave him motivation to want to become better.

It wasn't long until he made his way into University. School never seemed to be a struggle for him, he knew what he wanted to do and it seemed like it was going that way, it was his social life that always seemed to be a struggle. He felt as if he was always alone, didn't really have anyone to go to, that was until he caught the eye of a girl in one of his classes. You could say it was love at first sight, he'd spend weeks just gawking over her too afraid to even say a word; Until, one day she caught a glance of his gaze. . I won't write the whole love story between the two, but she approached him after class and they started talking. Talking turned into dates, dates turned into a relationship you know how that stuff goes! Life seemed great for him, he was on his way to med-school, and to get his doctoral degree! His desperate need for his parents' attention was no more, he had other things to focus on... HIMSELF!

After he was finally done with all his schooling, he was able to get a job as a licensed Psychiatrist. It didn't take long, and he quickly found a place where he could call home. The girl he had met in University? They ended up getting married! It seemed like this was a Disney movie type story for this guy. Tetsuo wasn't satisfied though. You could say, "old habits die hard" because Tetsuo never got over his obsessive work habits. Now finally being the field he oh so desired, he took no time off and worked, worked, worked. He became a different person almost, not quite acting like himself. He wasn't lively anymore, he became bland, like a piece of paper. He couldn't complain though, this is what he wanted, a life of work. Clearly, it's not what everyone wanted though; Tetsuo was in about his third year at the practice he worked at, he was coming home on a brisk night. What he was met with at home would scar his memory for the rest of his life, his wife was having an affair in his own house. Tetsuo was in shock, he couldn't even yell or scream and he didn't have to, his wife took off with the mysterious lover the second Tetsuo walked in. In the divorce settlement, it was very clear that due to Tetsuo's work habits, he had neglected his own wife, and she felt as if she needed someone to be there for her, it is what it is.

This threw Tetsuo through a loop, he had no motivation to work anymore, he had quit his job and spent his days sulking at home reminiscing about the good times. He had forgotten why he always worked, was it always for attention? This was a time that Tetsuo needed to find himself, see what he truly wanted. It wasn't until that day, October 30th, 2022, something had appeared on the news. . a broadcast from the island of 'Karakura.' A total brawl had sprung out, and it caught Tetsuo's eye, all of this happening in such a small town? This ran through his mind for quite some time, to the point where he had to look into it, he had never even HEARD of this island before. The more he did digging the more he found about various phenomena happening in the town. Getting back into researching and in a way working got Tetsuo thinking, did he really want to waste his life away just because of one thing? The short answer is no, and Tetsuo made a major decision that could possibly change his life. November 6th, 2022, Tetsuo sets out on a new journey flying out to the island of Karakura in hopes of reviving his career as a brilliant Psychiatrist!

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Characters Full Name:

Tetsuo Oda

Characters Title (e.g, Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Mr. or Dr.

Characters Given Name(s):
Tetsuo

Characters Preferred Name:
Tetsuo

Characters Age:

Characters Gender:
Male

Characters Religious Domination:
N/A

Characters Marital Status:
Divorced

Characters Nationality:
Japanese

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Years of Residency:

Five years of Residency

Working Experience(s):
Worked around 4 years at a licensed Psychiatrist, at a practice in Kyoto.

Academic Degree:
Doctoral Degree
Masters Degree
Bachelors Degree

Year of Graduation:
Class of 2014

Major(s):
Psychology
Sociology
Biology

Minor(s):
Counseling
Philosophy

Native Languages:
Japanese

Other Languages:
JSL

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED
We appreciate your interest in the Hospital Faction, and we hope you're happy to hear that you have been accepted.

- Refer to the Karakura Emergency Discord as soon as possible for further information.

Users who are viewing this thread