mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

EXECUTIVE PROPERTIES | Butterolls

UhmMoe

Level 30
UhmMoe
UhmMoe
Notable
I shall put this simply and bluntly. Towers were never used. Estates are hardly used. Towers were used for glorified apartment complexes (I myself am guilty of it) to grind money and the players hardly used them regardless. Upon opening the new business park we solved the housing crisis purely by eliminating properties that weren’t being used and replacing them with more conventional ones that the majority of the playerbase can use

Towers/more estates should not be reintroduced because it’s flawed. It will only go to the “lore families” or the top 3% of SRP that can actually afford those properties. This should not be brought back because it’s simply unfair to the rest of the community who can’t afford and don’t have the best reputation possible to be able to use such commodities.

I personally was happy to relinquish my tower in place of the community gaining more housing and more opportunity within the business park, despite using it on a daily basis.
I understand where you are coming from and the points you stated I can not really rebuttal against it.
I appreciate your input, thank you.

UhmMoe

Level 30
UhmMoe
UhmMoe
Notable
@Infi @Gunna
Though I know this won't waver your opinion, regardless, I'd appreciate it if you gave your opinion on the edited portion of the suggestion "Applications."

Gunna!

Level 101
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
@Infi @Gunna
Though I know this won't waver your opinion, regardless, I'd appreciate it if you gave your opinion on the edited portion of the suggestion "Applications."
An application and requirements would still not solve the inactivity issue, and just like factions it is the same, there are players who apply and are not active as they say they would be, whether its due to time zones or personal issues, i am myself am partially guilty of this aswell, whether or not applications are implemented for these estates/towers it all comes down to activity in those properties as infi has stated, I'm pretty active on the server myself before my current ban but even if i applied for said estate/towers i would not be active in them as much as i am in other areas due to there being nothing to do in the estate and towers, and even if you say you can have it be family owned other family members would not be very active in it either, since once again, there would be nothing to do in such a big space, that is why apartments get more activity than estates/towers, because they're small, flexible and is more fun to have family events in, and the permanent housing issue is also why more apartments were implemented, houses aswell, permanent housing cannot be something implemented since once again, it is based on activity, the only reason layers would want permanent housing is to not pay rent if that i the idea for it, but then again a mere 30k-100k yen a month rent in some apartments is based on whoever has the money to pay that rent in the first place, so in all, it just makes no sense to re-impliment these properties

Infi

Level 134
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
@Infi @Gunna
Basically what vegan said, and it still falls into the category of needing to have the money to be able to apply which is still only affordable by the top 3% of SRP. I'd rather have map updates that cater to the majority if not all of the community rather than a select few

kustomzero

Level 131
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
From looking at the https://roleplayhub.dev/schoolrp/ panel it appears there are already planned several district updates to the map. Such as District 11 seems to be getting an update with more housing options and just not estates. There are other planned updates if you look at the panel.

tayfun

Level 70
tays2fly
tays2fly
Rich
fully agree with vegan & infi. history will repeat itself and we'll have a big chunk of plot that most players won't even be able to access without knowing the right people/having a good reputation.
the point is for everyone to have fun.

biiiig time -1 from me

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
I'll edit this reply with my complete thoughts later

+1, I think estates are neat.
I'd like to see the map expanded before any new estates are implemented, and the new estates themselves don't have to be huge.
Why do I think estates are neat?
They're pretty and fairly space efficient for their size and player housing. Rather than another apartment block it's a nice break on the eyes imo, SRP has reached mostly reached urban hellscape levels. (Additionally, I think the ratio of players actually use/rp in their apartment and actively use an estate are the same). Additionally, the thematic element of estates. They do add a focus on a certain group, which isn't inherently a bad thing. I'm not exactly sure how to word it but estates do give you something to work with ICly if you so choose.

- If we got a new estate, newer players would have the chance of buying one or joining one. it'd be interesting to have it "sold" by application and not completely with money.
-Different form of player housing that is much prettier than more apartment blocks (don't get me wrong, apartment blocks are wonderful, the builds aren't bad either, estates are just really pretty)

In my experience, estates do a better job getting people to interact and get involved together* than apartments do and I find that to be one of the key benefits. In an apartment complex, you couldn't care less who your neighbor is and odds are they arent on when you are. If youre on an estate regardless of when you join the family, you probably have met some other players via that family or that estate. (Ie, random Akihito brings their friends to the estate, other Akihito meets those friends)

*We are in dire need of easier and natural ways for players to get involved with one another

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
+1

i want to just have like one more estate in the map somewhere just for some other family to gain importance. it's like only the saiky's and akihito's estates, fun at first, gets boring after a while.

and tower wise, just make one that official businesses can rent out, with building limitations such as certain amount of offices, no bedrooms, etc...

Infi

Level 134
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
and tower wise, just make one that official businesses can rent out, with building limitations such as certain amount of offices, no bedrooms, etc...
That is the plan for that tower, will be for verified businesses to utilize

Infi

Level 134
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I'll edit this reply with my complete thoughts later

+1, I think estates are neat.
I'd like to see the map expanded before any new estates are implemented, and the new estates themselves don't have to be huge.
Why do I think estates are neat?
They're pretty and fairly space efficient for their size and player housing. Rather than another apartment block it's a nice break on the eyes imo, SRP has reached mostly reached urban hellscape levels. (Additionally, I think the ratio of players actually use/rp in their apartment and actively use an estate are the same). Additionally, the thematic element of estates. They do add a focus on a certain group, which isn't inherently a bad thing. I'm not exactly sure how to word it but estates do give you something to work with ICly if you so choose.
As true as that may sound, estates are enclosed and unable to be used by just around 99% of SRP's community realistically no matter how hard they try. I've spoken to players who try to do everything to get in with the "popular groups" so that they can be a part of these things and it just becomes an impossible social ladder to climb.

- If we got a new estate, newer players would have the chance of buying one or joining one. it'd be interesting to have it "sold" by application and not completely with money.
-Different form of player housing that is much prettier than more apartment blocks (don't get me wrong, apartment blocks are wonderful, the builds aren't bad either, estates are just really pretty)
An application is just as flawed as owning the actual building. It'll again go to the most "experienced/highest reputable" players on the server (again, the top 3% ish). Only for around 10-20 members to be able to use it with the occasional guest entry.

In my experience, estates do a better job getting people to interact and get involved together* than apartments do and I find that to be one of the key benefits. In an apartment complex, you couldn't care less who your neighbor is and odds are they arent on when you are. If youre on an estate regardless of when you join the family, you probably have met some other players via that family or that estate. (Ie, random Akihito brings their friends to the estate, other Akihito meets those friends)

*We are in dire need of easier and natural ways for players to get involved with one another
Estates do a good job putting those with high reputations in the same place together, that is all. Not once have I seen an estate bring together ALL of the community especially on a normal basis. And as someone who currently lives in the Saiky estate, and utilizes it on a daily basis, I only ever run into someone probably around once a week and that's to wave "hello". In no way do I feel like an estate that takes up 10% of the map does a good job in getting people to interact.

That said, you'd be surprised how much actual useful apartments bring players together. I've experienced first hand of newer players saving up together to purchase apartments and use them together on a daily basis, hosting little house parties etc. as far as "natural ways for players to get involved", there's plenty of areas around the map that meet those needs that you probably just haven't experienced yet. For example, literally any school setting, plaza, family store, powerplant, zen garden, and both fishing locations are all areas I've seen a plethora of players interact with each other freely. SRP is not in need of "natural ways to interact", we just need to stop wasting space with things that really aren't going to be used to their optimal level.

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
That said, you'd be surprised how much actual useful apartments bring players together. I've experienced first hand of newer players saving up together to purchase apartments and use them together on a daily basis, hosting little house parties etc. as far as "natural ways for players to get involved", there's plenty of areas around the map that meet those needs that you probably just haven't experienced yet. For example, literally any school setting, plaza, family store, powerplant, zen garden, and both fishing locations are all areas I've seen a plethora of players interact with each other freely. SRP is not in need of "natural ways to interact", we just need to stop wasting space with things that really aren't going to be used to their optimal level.
i was solidly team estates for a little while but this paragraph really caught my attention, as a new player my character stayed with a few of my early friends in their apartment and was the main place we ended up roleplaying, so apartment complexes do play a big part especially for new players. However, as players get more into the server, they do seem to end up using apartments moreso for storage than roleplay. Tower flowers were kinda utilized, but not as much as they should've been; estates were quite frequently used, though

although estates do, as infi said, take up a lot of room for the map and are usually only taken by the "top one percent" of the server, there should still be possibilities to make properties like this. although there's not much space, im sure we can get creative; as forementioned, the football field is never used and could be utilized for one of these "executive properties". estates do a good part in bringing the older members community together, as well as those who want to get more involved, although they're not utilized daily as people expect them to be, they used to (and still kind of are) used quite often whether it be for drawn-out roleplays, or simply a walk through the estate to grab a jacket

furthermore, there's like two full pages of open apartments if you go to the estate agent, meaning apartment spaces aren't in the highest demand currently; although i know this could change rather quickly, it doesn't hurt to add at least one of these properties somewhere on the map. im not against complexes at all, and i really do appreciate the work the build team puts into their builds, but recently most housing updates have been limited to apartment complexes (and i can understand why). I think it'd be really neat to see another executive property implemented into the server

this is kinda broken up and not cohesive at all, but i hope my point can get across

Infi

Level 134
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
although estates do, as infi said, take up a lot of room for the map and are usually only taken by the "top one percent" of the server, there should still be possibilities to make properties like this. although there's not much space, im sure we can get creative; as forementioned, the football field is never used and could be utilized for one of these "executive properties". estates do a good part in bringing the older members community together, as well as those who want to get more involved, although they're not utilized daily as people expect them to be, they used to (and still kind of are) used quite often whether it be for drawn-out roleplays, or simply a walk through the estate to grab a jacket
The football field is going to become a complete stadium as mentioned in the Roleplay Hub Panel - https://roleplayhub.dev/schoolrp/
furthermore, there's like two full pages of open apartments if you go to the estate agent, meaning apartment spaces aren't in the highest demand currently; although i know this could change rather quickly, it doesn't hurt to add at least one of these properties somewhere on the map. im not against complexes at all, and i really do appreciate the work the build team puts into their builds, but recently most housing updates have been limited to apartment complexes (and i can understand why). I think it'd be really neat to see another executive property implemented into the server
This fact alone is the reason we built so many complexes and why we won't have to build anymore for a very long time. Before it was players complaining and making suggestion after suggestion to add more housing and we did that and fixed it. To simply remove an entire complex and undo everything we worked so hard to bring forward for the sake of someone's lore family is unfair to the rest of the community.

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
@Infi really out here doing all the heavy lifting for me, what am I supposed to do here? Say "uh huh yeah i agree with what that person said haha" and pretend it make it look like I'm contributing? I'm really not left with many other options here...

Infi

Level 134
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
@Infi really out here doing all the heavy lifting for me, what am I supposed to do here? Say "uh huh yeah i agree with what that person said haha" and pretend it make it look like I'm contributing? I'm really not left with many other options here...
Sorry man I’m just really passionate about the community :( I’ll leave room for u next time I swear

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
The football field is going to become a complete stadium as mentioned in the Roleplay Hub Panel - https://roleplayhub.dev/schoolrp/

This fact alone is the reason we built so many complexes and why we won't have to build anymore for a very long time. Before it was players complaining and making suggestion after suggestion to add more housing and we did that and fixed it. To simply remove an entire complex and undo everything we worked so hard to bring forward for the sake of someone's lore family is unfair to the rest of the community.
i mean im not saying remove any complexes, that'd make a huge problem in itself; just put in a nice lil cozy estate in some place that isn't used, like that one area to the left of the shrine for example

DivingBlues

Level 57
Shrine Lead
Builder
Neutral.
If you were to bring these back I want to see them used an active. Estates are nice, they look pretty and are immersive but as someone who’s apart of Saiky. The families a little inactive and we see no one within the estate. If we have estates or more space for bigger families I want to see more use in them. If it’s friends, events, parties and so on they need to stop avoiding being like active… and be involved more

There’s no use having an estate or place if no one roleplays in them or does anything.

UhmMoe

Level 30
UhmMoe
UhmMoe
Notable
Estates do a good job putting those with high reputations in the same place together, that is all. Not once have I seen an estate bring together ALL of the community especially on a normal basis. And as someone who currently lives in the Saiky estate, and utilizes it on a daily basis, I only ever run into someone probably around once a week and that's to wave "hello". In no way do I feel like an estate that takes up 10% of the map does a good job in getting people to interact.

Though I completely agree on how apartments have a greater ability to bring smaller groups of players together and that was true back then and it is still true now, maybe we can work forward and find a way to find a way to bring that same attraction to these executive plots. Such as with estates instead of keeping them closed off completely section off some of the land to house necessities and requirements whilst the other sections host attractions that bring players to these places, by turning certain areas of the executive properties into player-attracted areas I'm sure this would fix some of the inactivity issue and give players the opportunity to get involved. As you mentioned we could add a miniature zen garden or fishing locations where a Fisherman NPC can be interacted with, and with the coming up of NPCs such as Tom Brown, we can give more interactions and attractions to the areas that lack. (I hope this is understood, and I'm always open to criticism)

I understand your points and where you are coming from but at the same time I feel like you and others are taking this as a finalized suggestion, although some of your points do stick I feel as if we are acting like this doesn't have room for improvement and rather adding to it and saying what can be done better we are just criticizing the Idea as a whole and playing it down (with valid points), not attacking you but I never really said where the new estates and or towers would be placed, so again there would be room for improvement in that field. So rather than delete your and others' hard work, maybe we could work together and find places on the map with open spaces that aren't currently being used.

I'm trying to say that I enjoy your input and passion. Still, I would also really appreciate it if you gave more of both sides of the argument rather than looking at it through one lens (If that makes sense), and this goes for everyone and not just you both +1's and -1's I would love to know what you think would improve the suggestion.

tayfun

Level 70
tays2fly
tays2fly
Rich
you're so real for that. honestly same

Infi

Level 134
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Though I completely agree on how apartments have a greater ability to bring smaller groups of players together and that was true back then and it is still true now, maybe we can work forward and find a way to find a way to bring that same attraction to these executive plots. Such as with estates instead of keeping them closed off completely section off some of the land to house necessities and requirements whilst the other sections host attractions that bring players to these places, by turning certain areas of the executive properties into player-attracted areas I'm sure this would fix some of the inactivity issue and give players the opportunity to get involved. As you mentioned we could add a miniature zen garden or fishing locations where a Fisherman NPC can be interacted with, and with the coming up of NPCs such as Tom Brown, we can give more interactions and attractions to the areas that lack. (I hope this is understood, and I'm always open to criticism)

I understand your points and where you are coming from but at the same time I feel like you and others are taking this as a finalized suggestion, although some of your points do stick I feel as if we are acting like this doesn't have room for improvement and rather adding to it and saying what can be done better we are just criticizing the Idea as a whole and playing it down (with valid points), not attacking you but I never really said where the new estates and or towers would be placed, so again there would be room for improvement in that field. So rather than delete your and others' hard work, maybe we could work together and find places on the map with open spaces that aren't currently being used.

I'm trying to say that I enjoy your input and passion. Still, I would also really appreciate it if you gave more of both sides of the argument rather than looking at it through one lens (If that makes sense), and this goes for everyone and not just you both +1's and -1's I would love to know what you think would improve the suggestion.
I think the Akihito and Saiky estate should be completely open to the public to enter with caution like the shrine with the doors to the houses locked for residents. That’ll fix the problem instead of adding more estates. That said, we have a plan already for every “unused” part of the map. U can check out the panel for that. These plans also do not include adding more executive properties because that’s something that just doesn’t cater to anyone but like I said the 1% which lowkey ain’t fair.

Users who are viewing this thread