Aania

Level 170
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
The problem with towers is when they were available. No one bought them. We had offered two towers for players to buy, even making an announcement.
1697890093389.png

I had only recieved THREE responses, for the offer. And most answered entailed. "I actually am owed a tower" and "I don't have the money, but I'll make it."

I, myself had a tower apartment. It was great, but re-introducing towers and estates wont do much. Who will afford them? No one. Most it'll be complained about the price, then they will be rarely used by those who purchased them and used as a simply way to gain money :D

kustomzero

Level 131
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
If towers are introduced back, how about the pricing of them are lowered to an agreeable amount that way it doesn’t just limit a certain percentage of the community who has that kind of money. Yes I know towers like that are expensive, I know the requirements for estates was at least 10-15 people to own the estate and pitch in money. So what if the requirements were similar to towers or maybe make similar requirements for the tower. Mentioned earlier in the comments the towers were introduced to Karakura for business purposes only. Not to turn them into a way to make money off renting floors, that’s how people were able to also gain so much money from the towers themselves.

Another thing is, what if there was different sizes of towers so a pricing range could be set. This could help make it seem more reasonable to afford. What I’m reading in the other comments ia that the main issue is for both towers and estates is 1) pricing that only a certain percentage the community has and 2) they don’t get used often.

Ive seen others mention earlier in the comments about maybe opening up some of the estates partially to attract the player base or to add other attractions to get the player bases attention. Then I saw others mention about maybe decreasing the size of estates. Again this could come in play what if there was different sizes of estates with a reasonable pricing amount that way it gets every percentage of the community at a valid price point.

Overall the community itself has unfair points. Yes towers and estates are one of them, but we can change that to make it be fair. Not just SRP but any community has unfair points not everything is fair in communities and life itself. And this is a video game we are talking about and just giving feedback to a server to help improve the server experience.

SanrioRoll

Level 5
IGN: Butterolls
DATE: 10/19/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Reintroduction of EXECUTIVE PROPERTIES, (Estates/Towers)

DESCRIPTION:
I'd like to suggest the reintroduction of EXECUTIVE PROPERTIES, which were previously removed for good reasons. However, I believe that there are specific areas within the game where bringing back these EXECUTIVE PROPERTIES would be appropriate.

BENEFITS FOR THE SERVER/COMMUNITY:
I strongly believe that reintroducing EXECUTIVE PROPERTIES will bring several benefits to the server and its community:

1. Diversity in Lore Families: By adding these properties, players will have the opportunity to foster new lore families. This will enhance the role-playing experience and storytelling possibilities within the community.

2. Permanent Homes: Rather than relying on the rare occurrence of two strong families disbanding and relinquishing their permanent homes, this reintroduction will provide players with a more reliable means of obtaining permanent housing.

3. Enhanced Gameplay: EXECUTIVE PROPERTIES can introduce unique gameplay opportunities and challenges, adding depth and variety to the server's dynamics.

I understand the previous concerns that led to their removal, and I believe that a careful implementation and consideration of specific locations for these properties can mitigate those concerns while enhancing the overall experience, due to these specific issues that previous tower and estate owners have had whilst having ownership. Ideas that people below and people that I've spoken to a few people about things that would improve this suggestion, and that would be rules and regulations.

1. Requirments: Whilst making the requirements for owning executive properties could be a hassle I think it would make their use more unwavering.

2. Application: To ensure a fair and transparent process, I propose that an application format be established for players to request EXECUTIVE PROPERTIES, and to restate what players have said under this suggestion, an application format will ensure that EXECUTIVE PROPERTIES are allocated based on pure merit and like every faction's application it shows an individuals commitment rather than first-come, first-served. This promotes fairness within the players, and much like most factions, it's a privilege, not a right. Furthermore, by requiring applicants and challenging them to outline their lore/role-playing concept their intentions for what they will do with the property, and why they think it will benefit the server, for the property, this would serve as an application process control for numbers and quality. This ensures that the reintroduced properties align with the overall property "Checker" to hold people to a standard.

Thank you for considering this suggestion.
+1

AmorNessa_

Level 4
Neutral

I think the introduction of this could really bring in those who are the lower parts of the social ladder together. As someone who has never had an interaction that really stuck with someone who owns an estate, or is apart of a lore family, I believe this could actually bring some of those people from all sorts of parts on the social ladder of the community together.

However, I do think an application would be needed. Something thorough that would cover all areas of ownership of the executive property, as well as something to verify full activeness from the family. I wouldn't say to price it expensively, but price it somewhere in the middle where it could be an achievable goal.

I feel like the replacement of the executive properties would matter as well because you wouldn't want to place them too close to each other but you also would want to place them away from accessible places. I think placement as well as size would matter greatly.

I also feel like this could be abused in some sort of way with executive properties being used as a place to engage in GangRP within the confines of their own area as well as there being a major amount of inactivity. This could also be used a cash grab with the owner of the estate renting out areas as living quarters.

While I neither hate nor like the idea, I do think with proper preparation and more thought this could actually be implemented in within restrictions. A map expansion would be nice as well and to see new areas of the map would be nice. This idea definitely could be tweaked and proven better with more input from the community. I feel as though this could be its own thing instead of being compared to towers, it could definitely be compared to estates but not towers.

Overall, if this got more community input and critique this could become something that everyone in the community could try to agree on and possibly push for.

anders

Level 12
diskou
diskou
Omega
BIG -1

the towers and estates were rarely used by those who owned it, and honestly, was a huge waste of space that could have been used for housing and roleplaying opportunities. after the business district was revitalized, more people use the area for its housing, gym, shops, and library, among other things. unlike many of the towers, people actually often use these new developments, and it leads to plenty of fun roleplay opportunities. i personally do not think towers should ever be reintroduced, at least in the way that they were originally used

klarzs

Level 8
4CD
4CD
Omega+
everybody keeps complaining about it not being used by whoever owned it, which is exactly why you could have an application system and require people to pay for it. not only this but requires people to host events or special things like parties with a certain attendance requirement monthly (like twice a month) and with proof provided to staff otherwise they are removed from their tower. ‍just my two cents though. also we've already dealt with this issue before so it's not like staff just couldn't forsee these issues if they were to readd this

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Neutral

As someone who had a goal of owning a tower, and saved as much money to aspire to that goal (I have still been saving money out of habit due to this goal) the reintroduction of them will be very expensive, meaning everyone who used to own a property, or has a high paying role such as BMD or shopkeeper will be the ones to get the properties, and everyone has stated the rest.

I would love to live in a perfect world where estates get used, but they hardly do. As a member of the Saiky family, the members hardly use the estate as much as they could and SHOULD. The time and effort put into the estate deserve much more than it currently has. No matter how many people get added to the family, it is highly underutilized. The only time the family comes together is for events, and even then, they only interact with a select few members before either leaving the event or going AFK. Adding another estate will lead to the same thing. It will be used for some time and then forgotten.

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

tl;dr: Towers won't be coming back. We're likely to add more permanent residential properties during the planned map updates, these would still come at a high cost. Additional lore families is still something we're looking into.

TOWERS
- The demand for towers a few months before we updated the business park (which was application-based, see @Aania's reply) was very small with roughly 3 applicants for tower ownership. I completely see your point with permanent housing being necessary for larger families and such, and we will likely add more opportunities for permanent housing in a residential format (not a business/executive one) in future map updates.​
- Towers won't be re-added to Karakura. There simply isn't enough space in a viable area for them, and many go unused or get turned into private apartment blocks which; one tower is roughly 40-70+ apartments which newer players were struggling to.​
ESTATES
- Requirements for current estate owners to make parts of their land open to the public, as well as housing opportunities and family applications are already in the works and should be set in stone very soon.​
LORE FAMILIES
- Additional lore families is also something the Lore Team will be looking into at a later date once.​

Users who are viewing this thread