Status
Not open for further replies.

tong

Level 70
psychoment
psychoment
Rich
yeah the trade off is pretty fair and balanced to me don't you think
walk in powerplant only to end up having your character's skull bashed in by metal bats and spiked bats + a beating or two even though you did LITERALLY nothing

+1

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
NEUTRAL
I can see both sides of the coin; That area is meant to be a danger zone for a reason, so people need to acknowledge the risk of getting assaulted the moment they step in. However, I do agree that people should roleplay out their activity instead of jumping straight into the action as if it was a PvP zone in a Minecraft Server. Whenever I handle situations, I always make sure that they try to give the other person a chance as long as it's reasonable (e.g. They ask for money before trying to k.o them without saying a single word)
I definitely do think that there should be some sort of middle ground. Maybe for IC reasoning you can attack anyone who’s wearing a mask out of suspicion of them being a hostile criminal, or perhaps if you have IC knowledge of a character being in a rival gang against yours you’d be allowed to immediately attack them if seen inside powerplant. I like the activity boost in the powerplant, but I don’t like the IC reasoning players are using to attack people. It certainly allows them to do the bare minimum possible to gain perms and end up farming items and money. Just the other day I watched someone walk up to a guy wearing sunglasses in the powerplant, ask for them, and then actioned to take them right off their face. I just believe there should be a better way to go about gaining the IC reasoning

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
I see where you come from, but please remember that powerplant is a criminal hotspot and not a social hotspot. Things can be done to make it so we don't just get to mug whenever, but at the same time, the place was made for us to criminalrp.
As if that is not common knowledge. Originally I was going to -1 this post because of that but that isn't the main focus, its the fact that certain people will claim this and that and cause uneeded and unwanted drama for a game item. This is utterly ridiculous. Sure, they can mug if they have a valid reason but that's the entire point of this suggestion - making it so that a valid reason it there beforehand.
Let me play out for you how that situation went.

I walked in, got surrounded by 7 dudes then they tried to ko the kid i was carrying (we stepped in for abit to look around nd talk to ppl already inside) anyways an hour later of them arguing with staff we got it voided, this should NOT ever be needed or done nor is this acceptable. It totally kills roleplay and the general vibe. They literally just walked away and finally allowed us to leave the Powerplant after the staff member told them to quit it.

I understand it is a criminal hotspot and I understand it's not for social reasons, but they need to have a valid fucking reason to do things. That is all.

china

Level 2
if u walk in expecting to be mugged and koed then why would u cry when whatever u expected actually happened?
or maybe if 5 gang members come up to u saying give me 5k or else then just do what they ask like wtf would u do irl if 5 dudes came up to u saying "give me 40 dollars or else", u wouldnt just say no to their face and stand there would u

Chei.

Level 9
IGN: Springwood
DATE: 12 August, 2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Stricten the permissions that are granted in the power plant: While I believe that the power plant is an excellent location for criminal activity, it is currently being used as a way of receiving specific requirements without even having a solid motive, and as a way for criminal organizations to continue their criminal activity by acting on these loosened requirements. Anyone who enters the power plant, regardless of whether they are the nicest person in-character, is knocked out if they refuse to give up their personal belongings in the event that they are robbed or anything similar to that.

I believe that receiving permissions in the power plant is far too loosened, far too easy to receive - make receiving permissions in the power plant more difficult to obtain so that actual roleplay can eventuate. The daily cycle of most of today's gang roleplayers is to enter the power plant, wait for a player to enter it, and knock them out if they refuse to do something in order for them to post it in their gang activity. Make permissions loosened, but let there be a catch attached to it.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: By making receiving permissions in the power plant more difficult to obtain, I believe, will create great roleplay and add actual motive behind any criminal activity that occurs in there. This could potentially boost the reputation of certain gangs and make them more well-known for their remarkable roleplay in the criminal world.

[Brought up by oInfi]

BIGGGG -1

If you don’t like the rules of powerplant. Just, don’t go in it.. Literally that simple.

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
if u walk in expecting to be mugged and koed then why would u cry when whatever u expected actually happened?
or maybe if 5 gang members come up to u saying give me 5k or else then just do what they ask like wtf would u do irl if 5 dudes came up to u saying "give me 40 dollars or else", u wouldnt just say no to their face and stand there would u
Some players, including myself, who expect great roleplay enter the power plant to explore and build lore. Permissions are granted far too easily in the power plant, allowing gang roleplayers like you to take advantage of it on a continuous basis, it’s not even about criminal roleplay anymore. Furthermore, gang roleplayers who happen to have the same mindset as you can potentially improve and gain a whole unique view on the greater side of roleplay if this suggestion was to be taken into consideration. Thanks for your input!

Last edited:

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
BIGGGG -1

If you don’t like the rules of powerplant. Just, don’t go in it.. Literally that simple.
Like I stated in china’s response: The power plant is meant to represent a danger zone, a place where criminals frequently congregate and hang out, the power plant as of currently is nothing more than a way for gang roleplayers to receive loosened permissions in, and outside of the area. If I decide to enter the power plant, I can expect some controversy, but let there be a stronger motive to actually take action rather than asking someone for money and instantly attacking them if they refuse. I can somewhat understand your way of thinking nevertheless. Thanks for your input!

justsimba

Level 59
HazukiPlayZ
HazukiPlayZ
Omega+
+1/neutral

My same views are similar as Yonio’s. I can see both side of the coins in this however I do have to agree, while yes the power plant is supposed to be a danger/criminal hotspot and it does warn you of such in front of it. I do dislike how people go through said perms icly. Often times there’s no reason other than “You walked into power plant, that’s you’re fault” or “I want money.” It gives nothing to the roleplay factor of gangrp.

Demurity

Level 35
-1, primarily because I don't understand how this would work in practice and disagree with certain points

Okay, so we established that it's stupid that some people just walk into the powerplant to get put into the cycle Infi (I think it was Infi, my fault if not) put example of. What then?

It's a strange thing to find a 'solution' for. What do you restrict? People can't just try to mug you in the most dangerous part of town because they execute it poorly? Then what's the alternative to maintain the realism of the criminal danger of the powerplant?

In my opinion, there should be no alternative.

Obviously, it depends on where one lives entirely, but a lot of widespread and dangerous cities have one or more of their own powerplant equivalents. I'm sure you guys can think of some actual examples, or you've seen some in movie or film. They're the neighborhoods or parts of town that everyone warns you about, because they're so dangerous you can't be surprised if you get hurt, jumped, kidnapped, attacked, or stabbed within. You don't have to provoke the wrong person, say the wrong thing to get attacked. You could, quite simply, just be attacked under the vague, criminal hope that you might have something on your person worth stealing.

Criminals don't owe you an explanation. They don't owe you a reason. You're in a part of town that's known for danger, known that if you enter- you're in trouble. So, from the perspective of an experienced criminal- there's a multitude of reasons for them to attack you. You could be from a rival gang. You could have something worth stealing. You could be trying to gather information. Criminals aren't thinking much about a greeting when all of these factors are at play. Because seriously, why the fuck would you be there?

And you very well have a choice not to be. As 'rude' as it sounds, there is a very very strong point in 'If you don't want to get GangRPed, don't go there'. You can't control the situation, and if it doesn't play out the way you hope your risky criminal interaction might, that's on you.

As for the argument that it gives nothing to the roleplay factor, there's always some character development to be found in getting your shit absolutely rocked!

The only thing you guys are losing out on is the lack of a proper introduction to the criminals trying to mug you. And that's such a weird thing to properly enforce, hence, I maintain my position of leaving powerplant permissions (PPP?) alone.

Ruin

Level 104
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
Criminals don't owe you an explanation.
one day they're gonna suggest "People who GangRP should give the person theyre attacking a 70 Page text of In-Character reason to attack them"

dude like, its literally a place you shouldnt be icly, that place was built so that people who gangrp dont have to do it in plaza, its whole purpose is to ATTRACT gangrpers not make them sit in there and have a tea party
+
this isnt rlly a problem man I logged on sometimes just to see it being a chill area u guys might be looking at stuff maaaaaaybe too deep, thats my opinion though !

Criminals aren't thinking much about a greeting when all of these factors are at play
"Hello there sir, it seems you have walked in the powerplant which is known for its very high crime rate and the possibilites of you being knocked out is pretty high here, before we continue I'd like to let you know I am here to knock you out and traditionally pick up only 5.000 Japanese Currency, please do not worry as I cannot steal something else from you unfortunately."

Last edited:

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
It's a strange thing to find a 'solution' for. What do you restrict? People can't just try to mug you in the most dangerous part of town because they execute it poorly? Then what's the alternative to maintain the realism of the criminal danger of the powerplant?
Apart from the power plant, there are a variety of criminal locations, you don't often see players acting on any type of permissions there - as mentioned in my previous replies, all the power plant is being used for is to gain permissions, highlight loosened activity, and farm in-character money - in some instances, being robbed of your belongings or even attacked for the smallest reason has realism attached to it, it all depends on who you're interacting with. The power plant, like sewers, existing turfs, abandoned areas, and other similar areas, is a criminal zone. Why do you think you don't often see players acting on any form of permissions in one of these areas? Because the power plant ensures easygoing permissions

Criminals don't owe you an explanation. They don't owe you a reason. You're in a part of town that's known for danger, known that if you enter- you're in trouble. So, from the perspective of an experienced criminal- there's a multitude of reasons for them to attack you. You could be from a rival gang. You could have something worth stealing. You could be trying to gather information. Criminals aren't thinking much about a greeting when all of these factors are at play. Because seriously, why the fuck would you be there?
I completely agree with this; criminals owe you no explanation. However, I believe the power plant is nothing more than a criminal representative example hotspot, similar to other areas in Karakura, but more advantageous for current gang roleplayers. Simply put, the power plant, as a result of today's loosened permissions, is nothing more than free receiving of any form of requirements - the area ought to have a stronger motive, a more thorough reason to attack and approach. Furthermore, players are frequently seen observing the power plant from outside the gates - any criminals who happen to be inside the power plant cannot attack the player observing the area simply because they are not inside the power plant, but rather in front of it. It adds absolutely no realism to the scene, and as much as I believe that realism is a must in this regard, realism unfortunately is not there in addition to the way the power plant currently works

As for the argument that it gives nothing to the roleplay factor, there's always some character development to be found in getting your shit absolutely rocked!

The only thing you guys are losing out on is the lack of a proper introduction to the criminals trying to mug you. And that's such a weird thing to properly enforce, hence, I maintain my position of leaving powerplant permissions (PPP?) alone.
In the event that you are robbed or attacked, I would say that it’s a 5 minute robbery/attack, depending on its performance, is not something I would consider character development. What happens now that I've been knocked out in the power plant? Was character development formed, or did you benefit the opposing party? The only motive today's gang roleplayers have to knock out someone in the power plant is to simply ask for money and expect them to refuse so that they may move over to the knock-out point. Nevertheless, thanks for the input!

Ruin

Level 104
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
Apart from the power plant, there are a variety of criminal locations, you don't often see players acting on any type of permissions there - as mentioned in my previous replies, all the power plant is being used for is to gain permissions, highlight loosened activity, and farm in-character money - in some instances, being robbed of your belongings or even attacked for the smallest reason has realism attached to it, it all depends on who you're interacting with. The power plant, like sewers, existing turfs, abandoned areas, and other similar areas, is a criminal zone. Why do you think you don't often see players acting on any form of permissions in one of these areas? Because the power plant ensures easygoing permissions

I completely agree with this; criminals owe you no explanation. However, I believe the power plant is nothing more than a criminal representative example hotspot, similar to other areas in Karakura, but more advantageous for current gang roleplayers. Simply put, the power plant, as a result of today's loosened permissions, is nothing more than free receiving of any form of requirements - the area ought to have a stronger motive, a more thorough reason to attack and approach. Furthermore, players are frequently seen observing the power plant from outside the gates - any criminals who happen to be inside the power plant cannot attack the player observing the area simply because they are not inside the power plant, but rather in front of it. It adds absolutely no realism to the scene, and as much as I believe that realism is a must in this regard, realism unfortunately is not there in addition to the way the power plant currently works

In the event that you are robbed or attacked, I would say that it’s a 5 minute robbery/attack, depending on its performance, is not something I would consider character development. What happens now that I've been knocked out in the power plant? Was character development formed, or did you benefit the opposing party? The only motive today's gang roleplayers have to knock out someone in the power plant is to simply ask for money and expect them to refuse so that they may move over to the knock-out point. Nevertheless, thanks for the input!
dude like i said the whole point is to attract gangrpers so that they wont do their stuff in plaza, "loose permissions" is just something they're putting as a "come here if you want to beat up someone" the whole purpose is to commit crimes not take pictures or have a lovely time with yo partner dawg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread