GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
event team application (2)-min.png

(im the main character)

IGN:

GhostfireSwords

atcherry | https_ghostfire

Describe your activity and potential punishment history as a player of the server:

I’ve been an active player on Roleplay Hub since June 15th, 2021, and since then, I’ve consistently logged onto the server at least once per day, usually for at least an hour or two regardless of if I had anything to do on the server. To add, although only a portion of my daily activity, I’ve also been a relatively active player on other parts of the community, such as the Discord and forums.

Moving on from my activity to my punishment history, I’ve received a few warnings – mostly from my early months on the server – and a ban. These warnings weren’t anything major, nor have I gotten one in about two years - These were issued due to my lack of understanding in regards to the rules; mostly consisting of things like flooding IC chat, or chaining in OOC.

As for my ban, it occurred on April 1st, 2023, and lasted for two weeks.

The ban in question was one for hate speech; an embarrassment to who I am, the punishment was more than deserved. Despite initially lying about the integrity of the ban, I’ve learned that it’s much better to be transparent about it to properly co-exist with the rest of the community. The context behind this ban lies behind a product of an urge to fit in with a negatively-influential group of friends I’d known since second grade; despite our long history, I’ve learned that it’s more healthy to alienate myself from these “friends”, and I’m no longer in any contact with any of them. Regardless, nothing that was said by myself was meant with ill intent toward any specific person, people, or peoples. I’m hoping that, in the future, this event may be forgiven but never forgotten by the community as a whole, however that we can forever learn as a result.

Through careful thought and reconciliation on my previous punishments, I can confidently promise that no mistakes like these will ever happen again. I’ve grown considerably ever since my ban took place, and that I’ve learned from it to become a much better version of myself. By no means does my punishment history reflect on my present self, as I’ve taken the time to consider my mistakes, undo my wrongdoings, and make things right with not only myself and other people, but myself as a whole.

Please provide any previous faction applications you have created, whether accepted or denied:

IC Factions
Police Application - Accepted!
Police Application v2 - Accepted!
Teacher Application - Accepted!

Hospital Application - Accepted!
Black Market Application - Denied.

OOC Factions
Event Team Application - Accepted!
Event Team Application v2 - Denied.
Staff Application - Denied.
Staff Application v2 - Denied.

Currently, I’m a part of one faction, and a sports team.

Provide your Discord (REQUIRED) and confirm if you have a microphone:

ghostfireswords - I do have a working microphone.

What is your time zone and country of residence?:

PST - United States

Are you aware that if you are inactive on the team you will be demoted?

Yes, I’m aware of the fact that I’ll be demoted from the Event Team if I’m inactive. However, I don’t plan on going inactive, so there shouldn’t be any worry in regards to this.

What previous experience do you have working in a team that would outshine other applicants?:

In my life outside of the server, I’ve been involved in multiple groups and projects that involve a grand amount of teamwork to operate in. Some of my most notable affiliations include my participation in my high school’s baseball team in the past, as well as my high school’s track team the year after. Although the latter may not seem like it’d require much teamwork, similar to the event team, it takes some coordination to plan our events, practices, and other small details that we may be tasked with. As for baseball, the teamwork factor is obvious; without a strong team of people who work together well, we’d never be able to play the game properly.

Aside from sports, I’ve also been included in a few of my school’s clubs; model UN, Jesus Club, and Chess Club. Although these clubs don’t directly involve teamwork in actual play, similar to the track team, a small amount of coordination is required to plan day-to-day events for the club, as well as times and dates, etc. As well as these clubs, I previously took a class in my early years for Leadership 101. Despite the name, this class taught me much about how to work in a team; without knowing how to do so, how could you possibly lead? And finally, my last position that was school related was a position in student council. I was tasked with being the school’s treasurer, and despite this position, I was often finding myself in other positions, such as making speeches to several classrooms or the board, or working in meetings.

On SchoolRP, I’ve been part of countless associations which I often found myself working in a team. These factions include sports teams, crime/gang roleplay, the police faction, the hospital faction, and faculty. Each and every one of these factions required teamwork in multiple aspects to properly fulfill my role. I won’t go too in depth on how each faction complements my overall skill in working as a team, as most of it should speak for itself. And finally, it’s worth mentioning my small amount of time spent on the Event Team earlier in the year. Despite my time being short-lived, I learned the ropes of being an event team member and how to plan, coordinate, and act during events.

It might also be worth mentioning my current roles on the server; although I wouldn't associate the exact way I perform these skills in character with event planning, and anything correlated, these are all occupations in which exercise my ability to communicate and work with other players. Some of these roles currently include my position as a higher-up in the police faction, my spot on the college male football team, and my role as a black market dealer's associate in the crime faction. All three of these have their own ways in which teamwork is required, and although it doesn't exactly match up with the skills for event planning, they've most definitely allowed me to have a more open mind when it comes to working with other people.

Are you currently part of any Community Team? If so, which one and do you think you are able to manage your activity in both?

No, I am not currently part of any community teams. I was in the Event Team in the recent past, and I was able to handle my activity quite well during this time period alongside my IC factions/sports, as well as other parts of my actual life.

Please provide a minimum of three (maximum of five) detailed event suggestions that would work for our server:

workforce appreciation day.png

“If you want to be a hero, well, just follow me.”

Background Information
The workers of Karakura have worked for years upon end to ensure the quality of life in the city is at an everlasting high; to celebrate the daily accomplishments of the employed, those who are a part of the high school and college council have decided to host a function for the entirety of the city’s workforce. The presidents of both schools contact each lead to ask for their participation, and they accept - The student council came up with this idea due to the approaching American holiday known as Labor Day, and they felt like the workers of Karakura deserved a day off, similar to the actual holiday. The idea of the day spreads through the factions like wildfire, and eventually, a date is proposed for all workers to leave their uniforms at home for the day, and instead, spend a relaxing day full of fun and comfort at the pier; the choice of location is the pier due to Labor Day being the bridge between the (unofficial) end of summer, and the beginning of autumn. Might as well have one last day of fun in the sun, right?

Event Information
The event is initially announced by each faction lead in their respective discords to notify all faction members of the upcoming event, as well as the necessary details (when, where, etc). Due to the large number of players that may be attending this event, the entire pier, lighthouse area, and parts of the beach may need to be set up to field a vast enough area for the players to have a proper experience. It should be noted that all factions that require a written off-duty to roleplay out of uniform will not require such, due to the event. The area in use for the event will have two entry points - these entry points will be made so that the student council whom will assist with the event can give each person entering a ticket to get themselves food at the barbeque - This brings up the question, what will the faction members have to do at this event? All faction members will have the opportunity to interact amongst themselves, and hopefully talk to someone whom they normally wouldn’t have the chance to otherwise. After all, the entire point of the event was to, of course, give them a day off, as well as to bond the workforces together.

Other activities would be announced throughout the event for the players, such as jet ski races, participation in a large, wipeout-like obstacle course over the ocean, eating competitions, and much more. Stands would also be set up for things such as snacks, ice cream, or other amenities - More would obviously be planned and set in stone before the announcement was made for the event.

So, to summarize, here’s the list of little parts of the event I have planned;

- Stands for food/snacks/amenities, can also hire shopkeepers to have their employees host them
- An obstacle course above the ocean (wipeout themed)
- Jet Ski races
- Barbeques
- Party games + Card games + etc.
- Of course, general roleplay, but that’s a given

Resources Required
  • The attendance of, quite literally, every faction on the server. The more the merrier.

Building Required
  • Stands. Lots of stands.
  • As described, a wipeout-like obstacle course.
  • Checkpoints for a jet ski race.
  • Entrances, decor, etc (of the sort).

Notes
  • Although this may be server-intensive, the event entirely could be split off into two separate events to involve one half of the factions (for example, government/EMS/KPD - Then faculty, reporters, shopkeepers, and shrine)

workforce appreciation day (1).png

“Dude.. Is that a freaking HOLE in the GROUND?!”

Background Information
The summer monsoons, as usual, hit Karakura hard this year. An accumulation of rain in the soil, as one would think, was going to make everything grow, right? Everything was gonna look all green and pretty! Well, for the most part, that was true. However, the rain had other effects on the geography of the city; as rain seeped into the soil of the Earth, a chemical reaction occurs between the soil and other minerals inside of it, which causes it to become acidic. This slowly dissolves parts of the soil, and creates, what we call, a sinkhole; and this is exactly what happens at the school. You thought this was gonna have something to do with ships due to the name, didn’t you?

Event Information
A normal day at Karakura High School and Community College - Jocks are stuffing some kid in a locker, teachers are just playing random Kahoots with their students, and some guy is sitting in a trash can. Then, there’s two people sitting on the picnic blanket underneath the well-known tree that stems from the middle of the school. Enjoying themselves, these students pay no mind to any misfortune that may befall upon them - Until it does. Despite the obvious signs of a possible sinkhole, the school’s administration pays no mind to the fact to cut costs and amend the budget for other things. And that, is exactly what causes the ground to collapse upon itself from underneath; as the soil and rubble drains into the ground itself, the large tree and its roots begin to slowly follow suit. As the obvious disaster becomes more and more apparent to the students and faculty, intercoms are made for students to rush themselves out of the middle grounds of the school, and into the baseball field area. It’s a given that a few mischievous students may find themselves investigating the new, forming sinkhole instead of evacuating, ending up with themselves becoming trapped inside of the sinkhole - So, faculty (and perhaps wannabe hero students) may find it necessary to either find students around the school and round them up with the others, or alternatively, calling the emergency hotline for their assistance.

So, this means that there’s multiple ways that this event could conclude itself. The most prominent, and easiest way that this event may end is with the intervention of the police force and medical services. However, it may be more entertaining for players to instead try to do their best with simply having faculty and (wannabe-hero) students helping out those who might’ve been caught in the disaster. Whatever happens, the police force will eventually come in the end to put up some boundaries around the area to avoid any future accidents from adventurous students. In the future, the sinkhole would obviously be filled and constructed over - Some ideas involve a statue, memorial, or other type of monument to constitute as a memory of the school’s history.

Resources Required
  • Some /events prepared, as well as a prepared world edit to replace the tree with a massive sinkhole, as well as the ruined tree.
  • Since the event would make for a good story on the IC news, the News Lead may want to insist on having a reporter online at the time
- /event &0[&c!&0] &7- &fA distant rumbling emerges from what seems to be the center of the school; centralized at the very heart of the old tree that stands tall. As the rumbling grows louder, the ground including the tree collapses in on itself!
- /event &0[&c!&0] &7- &fAlthough the sinkhole doesn't seem to have had a large effect on the students themselves, a crater and roots of the ruined tree now remain in its place. While the students are sent home for the day, a cleanup crew arrives to cover up the area temporarily.

Building Required
  • Obviously, a sinkhole
  • In the future, some sort of memorial will be built over the sinkhole.

Notes
  • As user named lirically has informed me, we will call the tree an "Eden Tree duplicate".

workforce appreciation day (2).png

“I haven’t seen the sun in 65 years.”

Background Information
Sports Day was a national holiday established in Japan in the 1960’s to commemorate the opening of the 1964 Summer Olympics that were held in Tokyo that year. The holiday was created to promote healthy and active lifestyles throughout the country, and is always held on the second Monday of October every year. The first ever Sports Day was held in 1966, two days after its establishment, and is often the day chosen by schools to host similar events to participate in their national holiday. So, there’s all the reason in the world for Karakura’s students to participate; we have a school, we have physical facilities, so why not? SLT makes the arrangements, and the student council details the specifics.

Event Information
Of course, there’s the planning phase of the event; who’s gonna be there? Where’s it gonna be? When’s it gonna be? Since Sports Day is usually hosted on the second Monday of October every year, it may be in our best interest to schedule it for the Sunday before, so nobody’s schedule is obstructed by school, work, and other conflicting parts of their life that may prevent them from attending. Times that it could occur between are 8 PM BST - 11 PM BST, and will be open to every player on the server.

The event will focus particularly on the school aspect of the server; it’ll be a great way for the sports teams to exert their influence over the other students, and perhaps even use it as a way of recruitment for their own teams if they deem anyone fit. The way the event will work is that each sports team will be in charge of their own pitch/area (eg. the football teams at the football pitch, the swim team at the pool, etc.) and will have lineups for different games/plays. Although, this raises the question; what can certain sports without plugins do? For those players more interested in roleplay than the plugins themselves, they’ll have the opportunity to focus more on their writing with the team members. Although it’s not entirely possible to work on encouraging a healthy lifestyle in SchoolRP, we’re more than able to help other players improve their writing in multiple forms. Each little stand will only take in their respective school (eg. college teams will only work with college students, and high school teams will work with high school students). At these stands, students will be taught by the team the rules of the game, positions, how to win, and pretty much anything they’ll need to know to play, and possibly join the team in the future. As well as the teams, other events will be organized by the student council for other games, such as the “Cavalry Battle” (chicken fight), tug of war, and the exciting relay (an obstacle course relay).

To make it easier to look at the different amenities planned, here’s a list;
- Organized tourney-like games hosted by the football, baseball, volleyball, and basketball teams in their respective fields
- The obstacle course relay can be built over the track temporarily, and hosted by the track team
- The “Cavalry Battle” can be done in the swimming pool
- The captains will have their own stands, where any student can go up to them and ask questions about the game or the team. If the captain isn’t available, co-captains or alternatives can swap in

Resources Required
  • Availability of majority of sports teams, including captains if possible
  • Not exactly necessary, however a /event could be arranged to alert online players that the event is starting
- /event &0[&c!&0] &7 - &fThe fanfare of trumpets, tubas, and other horns bring your attention to the to the front of the school; Sports Day has begun! Make your way over with your friends to challenge the teams at their own game, or possibly learn about another!

Building Required
  • Barriers around the fields to avoid any trolling/minging on them
  • Some small stands for the questions near the fields, as described

Your paragraph text (1).png

“Back to skool.. Back to skool.. To prove to dad that I’m not a fool..”

Event Information
Similar to a back to school night, parents will be invited onto the campus with their kids to learn firsthand what their teachers have been educating them about this whole year, and what their plans are for the future in regards to exams and college/jobs. Although I’m well aware that usually, teachers/professors are not tasked with in-depth parts of education such as this, that gives us even more of a reason to roleplay it out. However, for the most part, students and their parents will simply be engaging in different activities throughout the day to encourage bonding, as well as simply attend classes together like students normally would. But hey, maybe the parents will learn a thing or two as well?

The pre-planning for this event would go quite a long ways before the actual date; this is due to the fact that all parents will need to fill out a google form (posted in Karakura Academic’s announcements channel) which entails their IGN, their character, as well as their character’s kid and their IGN. This is simply so the SLT online can keep track of who’s supposed to be on school grounds, and who’s not. If necessary, since I’m not sure of how the plugin works, a temporary role can be made to give to the people who sign up so they’re allowed on school grounds. To keep the boundaries clear between which roles can actually attend this event as a parent, they must at least have the adult role, or any other faction role that requires them to be at least 25.

Throughout the day, parents and students would be competing against each other in various events throughout the day; these events could include, but wouldn’t be limited to:

• Sports games
  • Mini academic decathlons
  • Obstacle courses
  • Trivia
  • Lunch, snacks, and other stands to be open as amenities

The day would simply end with the fourth period. Many of these small amenities would be available from 8:30 through break time, as well as lunch, skipping the first period. For the most part, it’s a really simple event that’s meant to bond characters with their parents together during a day at school.

Resources Required
  • An application format to be made, and posted in an announcement in the Academics Discord
  • Possibly an additional tag to be given to players with the adult tag whom are participating (Depending on how the plugin works; as aforementioned, I’m unsure if this would be necessary)

Building Required
  • Miniscule amounts of welcoming banners and misc. decoration for the event
  • Tables/picnic areas on the baseball field for the lunch period to be away from the cafeteria
  • Obstacle courses as aforementioned, as well as an area set aside in the gym for the academic decathlons

Notes
  • Attendance to this event may be limited, so it may either stay as a main event open to any players, or could be better off as a sports team event with better coordination and planning between the teams.

Additional notes (You may leave this blank):

I wanted to put the application out there so I quit procrastinating on the full completion of it, since I know without the pressure I’d take another couple of months. A laissez-faire type attitude is one that I often take when completing any type of work, or in this case an application, however deadlines always help me coordinate anytime before then. This has been a work in progress since the LAST wave of apps, man!! I’d prefer not to wait another few months to put out a fresh application, but patience is a virtue, as is trial and error

I’ve taken the advice from my last app as well, so hopefully it looks a lot better than the previous. The previous application was rushed if it wasn’t obvious, so I took all the time in the world to complete this one. If there’s still anything that I can improve on, I’m all ears for constructive criticism. To end off, I just want to note that the events I chose and put into this application were carefully selected as to hit all parts of the server in one way or another - However, the school aspect of the server was the priority over all.

(say what you want about the banners but it's my favorite part of this application actually they're so silly and funny hahahahahahaha)

4/9/23 - Application submitted
5/9/23 - Small edits for grammar & other miniscule aspects
13/9/23 - Fourth event writing begins
25/9/23 - Banners updated and /events added
27/9/23 - Experience in teamwork updated
29/9/23 - Fourth event added, in full

1693876458446.png

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Denied
Thank you for your application, unfortunately, we have decided to deny this application. I sadly do not believe you are suitable for the event team at the current moment. You're welcome to try to apply for this position again in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread