I am the main character.

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN:

GhostfireSwords

atcherry | https_ghostfire

Discord Name & Tag:

Ghostfire#9490

Previous bans:

A recent ban which occurred on April 1st, 2023.

The ban in question was a ban for hate speech; although I’ve pleaded to many that the ban was false, obviously, that’s not the case. I initially lied about it in the hopes that nobody would believe I’d commit an act such as the one I was accused of, and although it worked, it’s better for me to be honest about it if I’m ever going to coexist with the rest of the server. The reason, which was severely unjustified, in which I committed acts leading up to my ban was a result of an urge to connect amongst a group of old friends whom I’d known for nearly eight years now who’ve taken a different path than I have, and even at that, nothing I said was targeted directly at any person or group of people(s). Since the event, I’ve completely alienated myself from this group of people for the trouble they cause and the bad influence they have on myself and others. I’m well aware that these words don’t make up for what I did in the slightest, but I sincerely apologize for the acts in which I performed.

Describe your activity on the server:

I’ve been an active player on all parts of this server (Minecraft server, Discord and forums) consistently since June 15th, 2021. Usually, regardless of if I have anything important or planned to do on the server, I’ll be online for a minimum of one to two hours a day to roleplay and practice creative writing skills with others. Although, if I were to be accepted, I could probably ramp up my activity to a good four hours a day on average, especially with summer coming up. After summer though, expect maybe two hours or so on weekdays.

Below is a table of my availability during the school year in PST. Note that during the summer or any other breaks/holidays I will essentially be available all day excluding days I have unmarked plans.

Sunday
Weekdays
Saturday
11 AM - 12 AM
4 PM - 11 PM
10 AM - 12 AM

Which timezone are you in?

PST

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

Currently, I’m not a part of any factions.

IC Factions
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ghostfireswords-kpd-application.51111/ - Accepted!
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ghostfires-history-teacher-application.42208/ - Accepted!
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ghostfireswordss-bmd-application-nowhere-else-to-turn.59753/ - Denied.

OOC Factions
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ghostfireswords-event-team-application.57544/ - Accepted!
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ghostfireswordss-staff-application.54162/ - Denied.
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ghostfireswords-staff-application.58850/ - Pending -> Denied.

What is your motivation for applying?:

My time in the police faction was, without a doubt, the most enjoyable time I’ve spent while being a part of this server. From the people I met, to the roleplay and development that was presented, and the opportunities it opened, every moment I had in the faction was made without regret. If I had the choice, I never would’ve departed the faction in the first place; so, I’ve got time for a second wind, why not take the chance?

So, specifically what is it about the faction that still stands out to me? Above all, the community; most of the members of the faction are still those whom I’m friends and acquaintances with, and between those I trained and those who trained me, it’d be an honor and a great time to be back in the faction still working with them. In general, carrying out my police duties alongside these people was always a lot of fun, as well as roleplaying in the station when there was nothing to do; or, of course, just sitting there AFK. There’s also the people who still want me to reapply; although it’s only a small scrap of motivation that brought me here, it’s great to know that there’s still people that want to see me remain an officer. Then, of course, there’s the old motivation that still sticks with me from the first time I applied. My interest in police/detective work has always remained, and the unique roleplay that the faction presents when compared to any other still stands out to me. With a great knowledge of it, and greater knowledge of the in-game faction as a whole, it’s essentially the perfect faction for myself and my character. And, of course, there’s the “KPD Trio” that needs to be (somewhat) united. I’m reapplying in the hopes that Clown and I can once again work in the same faction.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?

My knowledge of police work is quite broad; both before and after being a part of the faction. It hasn’t been a long time since I was a part of it, but I know almost everything there is to know, right down to the last detail. I know the specific stats and details of nearly every police item, the responsibilities and expectations of each rank, and the regulations and conduct when it comes to being an officer in-character. I’m not going to list a description of every single detail a rank performs or an item is meant to be used for, since you all obviously know that, but it’s safe to say my knowledge when it comes to police work is quite vast; including, but not limited to detective techniques, the rank ladder and positions, police tools and their uses, officer conduct, patrols, responding to calls, and many other small responsibilities an officer has to keep note of.

Unless there’s been a whole lot that’s changed since the last time I was in the faction, I should be performing at the same efficiency as the average officer who has already passed their training. Although, I’m more than aware that I’ll have to undergo training again; which, I don’t mind, since I’ll be able to make it an experience for my character to learn for himself.

Why is the Police important to SchoolRP?

The crime aspect of the server and the police essentially work against each other so neither of them get total control over the city; similar to real life. The police work to make sure crime is as minimal as possible in the streets, while criminals attempt to do their day-to-day activities, whether it’s violence, vandalism, or simply jaywalking. Without police, the criminals would essentially overrun the city and cause a total collapse of the government, whilst the lack of crime would give police no purpose.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?

Yes, as long as the reasoning is valid.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?

Yes, I plan to be as dedicated as I was the last time I was an officer.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?

Yes, I'll try to make sure I can attend any trainings that are hosted.

1685338588751.png

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Isoroku Okinowa

“Bet you recognize me, huh?”

Character's age (if accepted):

Twenty-nine.

Character's gender & pronouns:

Male | He/Him

Character's Academic Background

A Master’s degree in Criminology.
“Not gonna let the education go to waste, I put in too many years already..”

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?

German, French, and Japanese Sign Language.
“All I can say is, I had too much free time as a kid.”

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?

A familiar face. If you didn’t know who this man was, you must’ve been living under a rock, or you just blew into town. Isoroku was a tall male (6’ 3”) who had a healthy posture and a muscular build. His dark brown hair, although contradictory to the average “well-kept” look of an officer, was usually somewhat of a mess even on-duty, but not so much that it became distracting to anyone. The unique physical parts of Isoroku that set him apart from the average person was his gray eyes and prosthetic left arm, which were both equally as cold. His general features allowed one to make the inference that he wasn’t from the same continent, but instead somewhere else in the Western world. Scars littered different parts of him; both literally and figuratively. It’s best that you don’t ask about them.

In terms of personality, Isoroku wasn’t exactly the most outgoing or sociable person out there in the police force. Although he was relatively friendly, he just didn’t really make the effort to meet new people or do more than what was necessary. A problem solver and naturally logical person, contrary to popular belief, Isoroku had the capacity to efficiently and accurately decipher the answers to whatever needed to be solved; a perfect trait for an old detective. Who knows, maybe he’ll go down that route again? We’ll have to see where the roundabout takes him..

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?

On duty, Isoroku resembles a stone wall; a cold, hard object whose only purpose is to protect its city. He doesn't let anything get to his head in the face of any sort of unfortunate circumstances he may face, such as guilt or stress; his only focus is to protect and serve. A methodical officer and charismatic leader, Isoroku uses his head instead of his heart to make decisions when it really matters.

As previously stated, Isoroku isn’t really the most outgoing or sociable person in the police force. In front of others in a social situation, he’ll just remain quiet unless he’s spoken to, or if the topic of the conversation shifts to something he’s knowledgeable in. Although he’s usually serious, there’s of course times in which he can get a little silly, especially once he gets acquainted with and comfortable with his co-workers. It might be worth mentioning that Isoroku is a Jojo fan and plays Garry’s Mod.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?

Isoroku knows that without teamwork, the police department is nothing. It’d just be a group of looney individuals running around the station and city with tasers and no coordination whatsoever to get their job done. Without teamwork between his co-workers, no crime would be halted, making their jobs essentially obsolete. There's not really much to Isoroku's mindset when it comes to teamwork, only that he knows it's a necessary point for the police to properly function, just like that of any group of coordinated people.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?

Isoroku himself would claim to be a follower, although that's not entirely true. It’s not exactly a conscious thought, but oftentimes Isoroku takes lead over others during situations, especially when other peoples’ lives are in the balance. A charismatic and commanding individual, his leadership skills shine above most other leaders, which is one of the essential skills that compelled him to join the Karakura Police Department the first time, and eventually become a higher-up.

BACKSTORY:

The backstory provided is an oversimplification of his origins. The basic understanding of his beginnings should be known, but to learn in depth, it’s best to find out for yourself.

Hamburg, Germany, 1996, ▇▇▇▇▇ was born into a modest family with two older siblings. Although a lonely child, his time was mostly occupied with reading, exploring the outdoors, or spending time with his own family. Essentially, he lacked social skills and the only time he chose to speak to anyone else whom he didn’t already know was on a vacation to the Alps in Switzerland; this same individual is still very familiar with Isoroku to this day. A well-behaved child and teenager, there were usually no problems caused by him. Although, creatures of change are bound to challenge the status quo.

In his youth, ▇▇▇▇▇ went to class regularly and enthusiastically. With all the free time he had, there was no excuse for him to not do well. Only his childhood years were spent in grundschule, essentially a school in Germany for youth. A quick learner, there were no issues which regarded his education. All his childhood, his ambitions were to become a part of the Bundeswehr.

After issues regarding his parents which eventually led to their divorce, neither his father nor his mother were able to financially keep ▇▇▇▇▇ housed in Germany, so there was the question; where would he go? Neither of them wanted him to be in a foster home or anywhere like that, they wanted him to be with his family; but there was only one living family member that was willing and able to take him in. In Osaka, Japan, ▇▇▇▇▇’s grandfather received a call in regards to their living situation, and one thing led to another, ▇▇▇▇▇ was on his way to live in Japan. Even in Japan, Isoroku remained as quiet as he did before. Up until he was seventeen years old, his life essentially was unknown to most, as noticeable as a shadow at night.

Both of his parents were killed in a car crash, which occurred on the Autobahn when he was twelve. A young age to lose both of your parents. It’s still unknown what caused it; some speculation that was considered were that the two adults fought themselves whilst driving. It wasn’t clear why they were driving together, anyway. Isoroku’s reaction to the news wasn’t the same as expected; it’s not to say he didn’t care, but he showed little emotion in regards. He knew death was inevitable upon everyone; there was no use mourning it.

A snowy day. December of 2013, and Isoroku was seated on a swing in a playground. By this point, Isoroku was seventeen; he was writing poems whilst embracing the outdoors. Writing became a big part of his life, in which he wanted to expand on the older he got. It was an ordinary day; the only thing abnormal were the sirens in the distance, but even at that, it wasn’t out of the ordinary for it to be heard. The sirens were only noise to him by that point; his writing resumed, until the pounding of footsteps erupted from behind him. Almost in an instant, before he could turn, a knife was positioned nearly a centimeter away from his throat.

“You will do as I say, and we will both be alive in an hour.”

A small nod was all that Isoroku responded with. Unable to fight or resist, there was no other choice. It was his carelessness that got him into this situation; although sirens were a common occurrence in the area, he should’ve heeded the warning and been more alert. Isoroku was taken to an abandoned apartment a block away.

Thirty minutes passed.

A standoff between the hostage taker and the police had been ongoing. Despite the circumstances, Isoroku remained cool and tried to relax; any type of struggle would surely get him into more trouble than he was already in. The hostage taker’s demands were five million Yen, and to be allowed to escape. Obviously, the police had no intention of letting them take either prize; but they complied, only to trick them into getting a better shot. A duffel bag full of illegitimate Yen notes was slid toward the criminal. With the knife still at Isoroku’s throat, the bag was slung across his other shoulder, and Isoroku was pushed forward as he attempted to make the escape through a window.

One, then two shots rang out. The criminal laid motionless on the floor.

The events that happened that day encouraged Isoroku to leave the city for his own safety. With a plane ticket and two bags, on his eighteenth birthday, a plane left Osaka for a small island east of Tokyo; Karakura. Truly, the biggest mistake of his life had been made. Dr. Pepper? Perchance.

The events that happened in actual roleplay should be found out, in actual roleplay.

Karakura, Japan, 2023. After being let go from his position of Lieutenant from the Karakura Police Department due to rising mental and physical health issues, Isoroku remains unemployed for months on end. With his issues unaddressed, his condition only gets worse as time progresses; becoming desperate, Isoroku makes irrational moves. For people who keep up on Isoroku’s personal life and the forums, I’m sure you all know what events I’m referring to. If not, then tough luck, have fun learning in character.

A few months have passed, and Isoroku’s actions haven’t availed him for anything. Even though at the time, it frustrated Isoroku, it was ultimately for the best that nothing happened; encouragement grew for him to make appointments to confront his health issues. Possibly, one of the best decisions he’s made in his life since he became an officer. With his physical and mental health now (mostly) in order, Isoroku believes he’s ready to make a return to the force. Although he cannot be directly readmitted back into his old position, or into the force at all, he’s willing to reapply and go back through training to Protect & Serve.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

Simple answer, no. Long answer, it’s a deadly weapon which can easily end a life if the stab is targeted at the correct place. Obviously, sharp objects that can end lives aren’t really legal.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription

• Cough Syrup
  • Paracetamol
  • Multivitamins
  • Iron Supplements
  • Melatonin

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?

I’d physically restrain the co-worker from the inmate without warning, since there’d be the possibility they’d refuse if I asked verbally, the less pain the better. If the co-worker retaliates against me for whatever reason, I’d pepper spray them to run away and get backup for the situation. Otherwise, I’d simply report the events that happened to the Captain or DSI, depending on the officer's rank.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?

Depends, really. If the co-worker’s being assaulted with blunt weapons such as bats or simply people using their fists, I’d tase the attacker then check up on my co-worker, before making the arrest on the criminal. Should it be anyone or a group of people with sharp weaponry, they’d be shot as to incapacitate them and to ensure they can’t do any more harm with the dangerous weaponry.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?

Any sort of information I get in regards to police corruption would be directed to the DSI and/or Commissioner, depending on the co-worker’s rank. Even if I had no evidence of the matter, it’s best to leave it up to the higher-ups instead of gatekeeping, unless they ask me specifically to gain evidence or extra information on the matter.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?

A simple “no” and a fine for bribery would follow.

The Funny

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to give you a chance at becoming part of our faction!​

WHAT NOW?
-
In order to proceed, you will need to join the discord server that house
the faction you have applied for. To find it, go to the SchoolRP discord
server (CLICK HERE) and search for our discord server!

- We will also need you to be online to receive your introductions and
the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as part of the faction!​

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (Yonio#5112) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread