BarbieG1rl_ (Account I am applying on)
KenB0y_ (Alt)
I have no other alts

Discord Tag:
_barbie_doll

Do you have a working microphone?:
Yes, I do.

Timezone & Country:
Poland, CEST, or CET. We have daylight savings.

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):

Describe your activity on the server:

I’d say that I am relatively active. Before applying for the governor role I stayed, and still am, unless this application gets accepted, as a receptionist for two years as of July. During June my inactivity slightly dropped as I had issues regarding school and later on in July my laptop sadly had to get fixed. However, I am completely back to being as active as I usually am. On my second account, I have a councilor role, which makes me have to remain active and participate in various events. I spend on average from two to even five hours a day on weekdays, definitely much more during weekends or any other days off.

2023-05-07_17.16.04(1) (1).jpg

What position are you applying for?:
Governor

What is your motivation for applying?:

I’ve been considering switching up to another faction for a little while, since I’ve stayed as a receptionist for nearly two years, at one point it got repetitive but I fully enjoyed my time there and the community that I had the pleasure to roleplay with for such a long time. I wanted to explore other factions, mostly to see how they operate and give myself a chance to explore. I have been reconsidering many positions, but being a governor stuck with me for the longest time yet. I mostly wish to expand my roleplay experience, and since I had never before roleplayed as a government official in any RP community I have been a part of, I thought this would be the right call. Applying for a new, perhaps more demanding faction would let me put my roleplay abilities and knowledge to a test, whilst also teaching me a lot more and allowing me to interact with SRP's community in a slightly different way than I did in my previous faction. I also wish to become so much more involved with it, and becoming a governor would make it so much easier for me to do so. Additionally, in real life, I've always had an interest in politics, and for quite some time, I wanted to go to law school, so I believe that being given a chance to become a governor would allow me to pursue my little hobby. I’ve taken a fair interest in the work of government officials in SRP and can undoubtedly say, that this is the faction that I’d feel right in, hence why I decided to apply now for the second time, in hopes of being accepted this time around. I feel like this position would also allow me to add more character development to my OC, I could finally properly expand her side-storyline of pursuing her true career after she has graduated.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
I do both ICLY and OOCLY have an understanding of Karakura’s laws and constitutional rights.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:

OCLY goals:
I want to become involved not only within the faction that I am applying for but with the whole SRP community. I want to have a choice of influencing the political scene of Karakura whether it'd be OOCLY or ICLY. My goal OOCLY may be rather simple and perhaps basic, but I do believe my character's goals stand out a little more.

ICLY goals:
[!] A short interview recording followed [!]

''I wish to better the lives of people in Karakura, which is well known for not being the safest environment. My focus is especially set on bettering education in Karakura, creating safe ways of self-defense, and the young people, who are the future of the town. As a mother myself, I am more than fully aware of how easily gullible juveniles are and how often they accidentally step on the wrong path, which is later hard to get out of. I wish to provide more opportunities to those teenagers in need and assure parents, that their children are in good hands as long as I am holding onto my position. I believe that by continuing to punish them, instead of talking, reasoning, and allowing them to better understand the wrongfulness of their actions, we just add fuel to the fire, which is their rage and anger that they’re later going to take out on our citizens. We enforce plenty of punishments onto the youth, yet little to no encouragement to help them do better, to try and be their best. But do not twist my words either, they should also be held accountable for their actions. It is unfortunate however that the majority of criminals are young people, children who just stepped onto their lawful adulthood. And what do we do about those? We throw them in jail. That is it. In cold jail, with the possibility of getting out by paying the bail. Now, you may argue that they should be locked up, and I fully agree. But may I ask one question. How is just locking young people up supposed to set them all on the right track? It won't, they get thrown in, and treated with no respect which just - once again - fuels their anger. Yet there are countless approaches that we can implement that would show us real change. A more personalised approach. Education programs could be implemented in our school, such as cash prizes for good records and grades. We all know how harsh our current economic state is, and you can only imagine how teenagers must struggle with, for example affording rent. Now, such an implementation will allow our students to afford necessities and it will be a motivation to pursue their education. As plenty of studies proved to us, a good education is an effective tool for preventing crime among youth. Another way is foster families, homes full of parental love and supervision. We must take into account how important parental figures are in child development and having them, even so "late" in life, can truly change the person. Eighteen-year-olds are still children, and they deserve to be loved and cared for. The simplest solutions are the most effective ones. On the topic of the new generations, I want to see a more positive change in Karakura’s High School and Community College. As a worker of many years there, I had noticed countless flaws in the way it operates, or more so how the school’s faculty a lot of times seriously lacks professionalism and often any knowledge on how to properly approach certain situations with the youth, causing there to be more excessive issues than necessary, or the other way around - lack of punishment and encouragement of their bad behaviour. One of the most important changes should be obligatory training for school employees, which truly surprised me when I first joined my faction. I want our local school to get more funding, which shall be fully used for not only bettering the training of people, who are chosen to work with our children or funding cash prizes. But to make our school more accessible for students with disabilities. The lack of elevators and wheelchair ramps for students is one thing. But lack of understanding from school staff is another., possibly biggest issue. School staff shall be funded even a simple field trip to our local hospital, to speak with well-trained professionals about how disabilities can affect our everyday life, and ways to help those who struggle to keep up with our set 'norms'. But now, swaying away from education's topic, it's truly as deep as the ocean. On the other hand, however, I have a great understanding of the danger that Karakura brings with itself, which additionally brings us down to another main focus of mine. New, different regulations and laws of self-defense. I believe that citizens once faced against multiple, or often even just one masked individual whose intention is to hurt them have extremely limited ways of defending themselves. Sure, once attacked a person can fight back, but realistically speaking how many citizens self-defense expertsense? How many can truly fight back having only their fists or at most bag to use? How possible is it to phone the police when their attacker is throwing punches, or worse using a weapon actively? Many questions can be asked here, but none have a very good answer. Or shall we say that they have no answers that would be practical in a real situation? Why do we limit the usage of items that have been legalized in other countries for self-defense, items as simple as pepper spray? Such a simplistic solution, that had yet not popped into one's head. As a victim of countless attacks on my person, I can openly say that in situations like that, I felt utterly helpless. And I can confidently speak for most individuals who may be weaker and smaller that fighting back is simply not even a possibility for them. Why not give them access to something that could provide them with a chance to escape while causing no long-term harm to the attacker? I want our residents to feel safe walking even the darkest of alleys in Karakura. That is one example of a handful of regulations to be made, which I wish to implement if I get chosen. May the future of our island be in safe hands.''

[!] The recording was cut short. [!]

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:

Governors are commonly known to be the ones to distribute IDs to the citizens or deal with the processes of marriage legalization and legalizing official businesses. Besides those tasks, they’re quite frequently holding speeches for the community, announcing recently made changes and changes to be shortly into the future, or promoting their campaign during election periods. Governors also take a big part in court cases, overseeing them and recording the wording of the accused, suing, their lawyers, and witnesses. Additionally, if your loved one has passed and you wish to have a memorial of them and have a lot of money, you can reach out to one of the governors to purchase a gravestone. Overall, governors are the voice of the community, who bring the wanted change for citizens and implement new laws.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
I do understand that.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
I do understand that and I will remain dedicated.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
I am aware, and I will not show any bias OOCLY towards anyone.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
I have read them and agreed to them.

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
Yes, I should be able to attend them, unless something comes up, which I should inform you about beforehand. After vacation, I'll be in my last grade of high school, which means upcoming finals, so I may not be available at all times. However, I do not think It should be an issue, I will remain active and I'll have the time for the majority of them.

2023-05-07_17.16.04(2) (1).jpg

Full name:
‘’ My full name is Avery Bloom ‘’

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
‘’ I prefer to be referred to as Ms. Bloom ‘’

Current age:
‘’I am currently thirty-six years old.’’

Date of birth:
''I was born on 6th of July, 1987''

[She/her]

Academic Degree:
Masters

Major(s):
Communication and Political Science

Minor(s):
History and Education

Work experience:

''My work experience is not broad, as a teenager I worked at various convenience stores and gas stations. So far, the only stable job I’ve had was my position as a receptionist at Karakura’s High School and Community College. I had worked there for several years, even performing a head-faction function twice throughout that time. However, I have yet no work experience gathered that could relate to my position.''

Political background:

''At the current moment, my political background is unfortunately very limited. The only experience I was able to gather was the occasional visits to mock trials or actual trials provided by college courses that I took, along with a ‘behind the scenes' show around the formalities. Of course, as exercises, we often hosted our own trials in classrooms, though it’s incomparable to actual practices. , Regardless of such, I am convinced that my studies didn't go to waste and I am just as capable of holding this position, as a person with previous experience. Still, I aspire to learn much more during my time as a governor if I get the chance to become one, and shall not fail.''

Nationality & born location:

''I was born in Poland in a small village, Ząbki.''

Fluent languages (Underline your native):

English
JSL
Welsh
Spanish

Criminal record:

''I have a clean record, never before was I arrested or even given a ticket.''

What makes you a good candidate for this job?

[!] Another short interview recording followed [!]

''I believe that I make a good candidate for the future governor of our island for various reasons. Firstly, I'd like to emphasize my dedication to this position. While working my previous full-time job at KHS I also attended college and gained my degree, which allowed me to gain some fundamental experience and knowledge that'd increase my chances of getting the position. I wasn't fortunate enough to gain it in my 20s due to the reality that I was faced with early on in my life, but that didn't make me give up on my dreams. I just pursued it, when I knew I was capable of it mentally and financially. This, I believe showcases my commitment to previously set goals and proves that I won't give up on our residents as a hopefully future governor. I've lived on our island since I was still just a child, and I have observed the doings of plenty of our government officials. Yet, in my teenage years, I never felt like I was heard. I never felt like I and my peers were a priority to this town. But aren't young people the future? The future that all of them promised to be so bright and colourful, yet none had lived up to their promises. This is why I, while holding my position, want to be the voice of the new generation. I want to ensure that they feel heard, and understood by us at all times. I want them to feel included. I believe I have the right qualifications to represent them, as I have worked with them for over eleven years, I've been surrounded with them daily and I know their struggles, struggles that could be at least in some way prevented by us. The youth of Karakura deserves a good representation. It's time to focus on them, instead of overlooking them like we have been for years. Perhaps I do not have previous and broad work experience, but I do know that I am just as capable as them of doing a great job and I shall prove it if I get the chance.''

[!] The recording ended [!]

Last edited:

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
PENDING

After discussion with the Higher Ups of the Government Faction, we have chosen to place you on pending:

Your application is well structured & written, but other applicants stood out more

Once a position opens, you'll be contacted to see if you'd still like to be part of the faction​

Last edited:

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
ACCEPTED

After careful discussion with the Higher Ups of the faction, we've decided to accept you:

Please contact me on Discord, @Zaldoria to start the process and get you set !

Welcome to the Government Faction !

Users who are viewing this thread