players online

Accepted Governor | boohbs' Application #2

okkanto

Level 3

1696778428981.png

image_2023-10-08_210144960.png
In-game Name: boohbs

Discord Tag: stayinslippy

Do you have a working microphone?: I do, yes, however my ability to talk may be limited at times.

Timezone & Country: GMT+0, UK.

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):
Denied | P.E. Teacher Application

Describe your activity on the server:
I believe my engagement on this server has been fairly decent. If I were to assign it a rating, I would give it a 7.5 out of 10. The 2.5 points I'm not awarding would simply be due to out-of-character circumstances like school and family, though I remain dedicated to the server, allocating a substantial amount of my time to it. I recently received a spot on the Bobcat Volleyball team using this account, putting the majority of my in-game hours into such sport activity. I truly embrace both the plugin features and the roleplay aspect, shown as I have created characters in which I believe I have made good development on.

My time on the server is pretty frequent, as it meets with my current conditions fairly well. However, I anticipate an even more elevated level of activity in the near future. My current motivation is driving me to put additional time and effort into roles and factions that genuinely interest me, with a particular focus on the government faction.

1696795285766.png

What position are you applying for?: I am applying for the Governor position.

What is your motivation for applying?: I've always had a deep interest with the idea of my character becoming someone or something important, such as a government worker, or even having my own business on the server. However, being a Governor has held a special place for me, something that just seems like a lot of fun. Lately, I've found myself with a decent amount time I can allocate to the position and motivation for the server as a whole, and that's given me the push I needed to seriously consider applying for this position. As soon as I saw this opportunity, I was eager to take my chances and apply. Additionally, I've always wanted to branch out on the server and try things I haven't before, such as being a part of a faction I never thought I'd have much of an interest in. Though, I feel as if I am tasked with the ability to provide my place within this position, as I feel like I could truly make something out of it that would last a while not only for my character, but for myself out-of-character.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
Yes, I would say I have a fair amount of intelligence in this area as of currently, not only ICly, but OOCly as well, and I’m open to expand on it further as time goes on.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
As stated above, I intend to branch out on the server further, trying new things and being in something I have never taken part in previously before. Becoming a governor seems like something fun to do on the server, allowing me to be more active by doing things that I feel I would enjoy. My primary objectives revolve around gaining additional experience in roleplaying within this genre and enhancing the server's overall enjoyment factor. I aspire to participate in as many activities as I can, as my current involvement on this account is somewhat limited due to me not being affiliated with any particular group, aside from Volleyball of course. Joining the Government faction would not only provide me with more opportunities for engagement but also help me avoid boredom while on the server. I am genuinely eager to increase my activity within the SRP community on this account, actively partake in various activities and engage in roleplay scenarios and encounters, establish new friendships and connections, and have the chance to meet fresh faces. Additionally, I feel as if the Government faction lacks in potential with elements that have not been touched upon, and I feel as if me being a part of this faction can put some persuasion and influence towards such.

While for my character, within the Government faction, he harbours a couple of key objectives. First and foremost, he is committed to contributing significantly to Karakura's betterment, whether by aiding the general public or collaborating closely with his colleagues, with the ultimate aim of fostering a more favourable environment for both himself and others. Furthermore, he aspires to exhibit unwavering dedication to his career role. This dedication serves two purposes: optimizing his own role to the fullest extent and cultivating a work environment characterized by increased commitment and determination among all its members. Observing the reactions of the city's residents, I feel as if my character would be driven to take every possible measure to reshape their perspectives on various matters. The majority of Karakura's population live in fear of potential dangers and the looming consequences that could strike at any given moment. My character is determined to supply and aid maximum effort to alter this current mindset, with the goal of eliminating it entirely or, at the very least, reducing it to a more manageable level for the city's residents. To achieve this, Naoki envisions making the city a safer place by actively participating in initiatives aimed at enhancing public safety. Whether it's advocating for improved security measures, supporting community programs, or fostering a sense of unity among the city's residents, he is committed to creating an environment where people can live without constant fear and apprehension. My character believes that with dedication and collective effort, the city can transform into a haven where safety and peace prevail.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:
The role of a Governor includes several vital responsibilities within Karakura. These duties include the issuance of ID to residents, dealing with marriage officializations, and the regulation of business/company legalizations, among other tasks. In addition to these frequent duties, Governors are also tasked with addressing the community through speeches, conveying important information about current and future changes, and promoting their election campaigns. Furthermore, they play a crucial role in overseeing court cases and meticulously documenting each case for the record.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
I fully acknowledge this, and I completely understand that I could be removed at any given time.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
Yes, I am willing to give my all to this position. I'll keep playing my role with even more dedication, and I'm eager to learn as much as I can within the Government Faction.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
I fully acknowledge this concept and assure you that I will remain fair in all situations. My IC actions are separate from any OOC circumstances and will be treated as such.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
Yes, I have, and I have agreed to follow these set guidelines accordingly.

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
I think it should be fine, but as mentioned earlier, there might be out-of-character issues or prior commitments that could come up. I'll definitely let you know if I can't make it to a particular meeting, though I don't anticipate it being a big problem.

1696795326075.png

Full name: "My full name is Naoki Kento, it is a pleasure."

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.): "I would prefer it if I was referred to as 'Mr. Kento.'"

Current age: "I am 26 years of age as of writing this application."

Date of birth: "I was born on July 3rd, 1997."

Academic Degree: "I received a Bachelors degree while attending Tokai University back in Shibuya."

Major(s): "Management, and Communications."

Minor(s): "Finance, and Social Psychology."

Work experience:

"Formerly, I worked as a salaryman for a large company in Shibuya, claiming a status for myself as a very trustworthy individual within the business. After years spent at this company, I decided it was best for me to quit and look for something else to do. I tried teaching in a private high school in central Tokyo at the age of 23, though I once again decided it wasn't right for me. At the age of 25, I decided to move away from big cities and relocate myself in a more rural area of Japan, that of which ended up being Karakura. Now, at 26, I feel as if I am ready to start a new line of work, something formal like I'm used to, in-which I believe a position in the government of this island suits my needs perfectly."

Political background:
"As of currently, I have a somewhat limited background in this field. I've taken initiative to observe trials as a viewer from the side-lines, and engage in discussions with individuals holding similar roles to gain a better understanding of the responsibilities involved. I'm deeply passionate about this role, and I'm committed to giving it my all. Moreover, back in Tokyo; I had associates, friends, and connections in the legal profession, including lawyers, governors, and even police officers. Through casual conversations and interactions with them, I've picked up bits and pieces about Japanese Law. This interest led me to read books and study Law online, further fuelling my enthusiasm for this field."

Nationality & born location: "Japanese, I was born in the Harajuku district of Shibuya Special Ward."

Fluent languages (Underline your native): "Japanese."

Criminal record: "I do not have a criminal record, and I am most certainly going to keep it that way."

What makes you a good candidate for this job?:

"I'm confident in my skills that are integral in various contexts. These skills include active listening and demonstrating respect for differing opinions, even in moments of disagreement. My interaction with diverse individuals has allowed me to gain useful feedback, strengthening my self-assurance in my proficiency as an attentive listener and my likeliness to discern social nuances. Moreover, I've come to appreciate the significance of not always assuming control in situations I initiate, especially when they fall under my purview. This recognition underscores my willingness to collaborate and share responsibility when it's necessary. Most notably, I maintain a strong sense of personal accountability for all my actions, understanding that my choices and behaviors have consequences. These qualities contribute to my effectiveness in various roles and situations, as I continually strive to maintain and gather constructive interactions and outcomes."

"I thank you for taking the time to read my application."

Last edited:

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
ACCEPTED

After careful discussion with the Higher Ups of the faction, we've decided to accept you:

Please contact me on Discord, @Zaldoria to start the process and get you set !

Welcome to the Government Faction !

Users who are viewing this thread