DisgracedAngel

Level 14
DisgracedEarth
DisgracedEarth
Omega+
OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:
What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)? Please include ALL your alternative accounts:

DisgracedMeows (Main)
GracedDemons (The account I'm applying on)
AngelDisgraced

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:

I do have Discord it's username is DisgracedMeows, I have my phone because my microphone is currently broken.
List your timezone and country:
EST, United States.

Describe your activity:
I'm usually on past 5 p.m. EST. The only thing that would prevent this is if I'm staying after school for something that doesn't happen often. During vacations, I'm almost always on from 3 pm EST to 1-2 AM EST. A chart with my active hours will be below this.
All time is in EST​
Dates​
Monday​
Tuesday​
Wednesday​
Thursday​
Friday​
Saturday​
Sunday​
Vacation​
7 hours​
8 hours​
7 hours​
8 hours​
9 hours​
10 hours​
8 hours​
School​
4 hours​
5 hours​
3 hours​
4 hours​
3 hours​
9 hours​
7 hours​

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
https://schoolrp.net/threads/qiu-jing-teacher-application.60469/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/angels-kpd-application.60030/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/zoi-lawyer-application.60437/ - Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/angeldisgraced-ems-application-2.63881/ - Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/gracedangely-shop-application.63627/ - Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/gracedangel-hospital-application.61816/ - Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/disgracedangel-lore-app.60996/ - Denied

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
My motivation to apply for the reporter faction is that I've always found the faction interesting, and seemed like a faction full of really cool people I wanted to apply last wave but didn't have the time due to a lack of motivation to write so I figured this time would be a perfect time apply! I love the way reporters can tell the news of everything going on in Karakura while also having the freedom to go around town to learn more about people! Overall it seems like a really fun and interesting faction that matches my interests in both writing and telling a story.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
My experience with writing is that I write descriptions and actions for a server that people can pay ic money for on a discord server I've been doing it for about a month or so I don't get many orders so it isn't much experience but it has been a fun time writing them whenever I have the motivation to write. My relationship with writing is good there are a few times I suffer from a lack of motivation to write but when that period passes I'm usually able to write quite a bit without taking many breaks because I can type pretty quickly! Writing is an interest of mine whenever I have the motivation and free time to do it!
Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
I am aware of and will follow the rules provided to me.

Why should we accept you over others?:
I’m usually really active on SRP if I’m not busy with school or school work which I’m usually not that busy with until 11 pm EST I’m online on the server obviously half of that time would be spent on KPD but that still leaves about 4-5 hours for reporter which I will likely spend that time looking or thinking for stuff to do reports on meaning I will be super active at posting reports or interviews while also trying to make interesting roleplay with other reporters or other people!

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
I’m aware that I need to stay completely neutral with all of my reports!

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
I trust that I will be able to stay active and be able to do the monthly quota required for the faction.

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
I imagine the work for a reporter is going around town looking for anything interesting to happen then if that happens you can either interview someone about it or make a general report on it for the local newspaper for other people to read when you are done with it. The reporter faction focuses a lot on what happens with other factions while being completely neutral to both sides. The reporter faction is one of the most important factions on the server!
IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it
Full Name:

Qiu Jing

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)
Ms. Jing

Current Age (25+):

Past job/work experience:
My first job experience was when I was 18. I worked at a store called Joi-kon it eventually shut down but I only stayed for another month or 2 anyway while I worked there I made some friends I never talked to again but they were still good friends. Eventually, the store shut down and I didn't have a job for another 30 or so years.
My second job was at the high school I only stayed for about a month before needing to quit to deal with something coming up in my life in a different town which would keep me away from Karakura for a couple of months preventing me from continuing to work so I had to quit.
My third and final job before this one was at the Karakura police department which I only stayed in for 2-3 weeks before I left because I was just filling in for an injured officer.

Degree/qualifications:
5 years of Military training
Major in History
Minor in Journalism
Nationality and born location:
Born in Tokyo Japan.

Phone Number:
030-100-1792

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
If I had to describe myself in under 150 words I would describe myself as a kind person who has just gone through a lot and wants a relaxing time working a simple job that I can relax at while also getting work done. I would say I’m passionate about whatever I’m doing but sometimes life might come up that stops me from working due to sickness. I would be seen as a good parent that cares for her kids currently I only have 1 but he is difficult enough on his own.
What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
The things I find most interesting to write are about the current education, the crime state in Karakura, and making sure most things that happen are remembered by people studying Karakura in the future I want to make sure that the present is recorded I don’t want Karakura to be erased from peoples memory after we all die. I would be completely willing to go outside my comfort zone if needed for a report.

What are your expectations for the job?:
My expectations for this job is, I expect it to be a job where I can take days to relax while also using other days to write, I love jobs where I can be free to explore the town and record things I see and if they are interesting enough writing a report on them. History is super interesting to me so it’s something I would love to do this job involves knowing some of this will be studied for history classes in the future.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
No criminal record.

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
Japanese, Greek

PROMPTS:
You will have to write two reports about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you're found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)
#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing players about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

A report on what it’s like to be an officer during Halloween
I’m sure many of you would like to know what it’s like to be an officer whether you are someone who wants to be an officer later in your life or someone who doesn’t want to be an officer but still finds what they do interesting I’m here to tell you a couple things that they go through on a daily basis that some people don’t know! A normal quiet day consists of them standing around the station waiting for calls and a couple of times going to the front desk to see if anyone needs anything. Calls are required to be handled by at least 2 officers to avoid the dangers of being alone, officers may be seen as rude sometimes and sometimes they are but other times the officer might just be tired from responding to calls. Officers are not going to be happy if you are harassing bears and get a call about it as there are many signs warning you not to go near the cave although sometimes it’s not your fault so usually they let you off with a warning but please for your own safety if officers tell you to leave the forest do it for your own safety. During big calls, we make a broadcast over everyone's radio about it to get their attention of them if they are asleep. Overall your opinion matters if you have a problem with something KPD does you are allowed to make a complaint about it if you want everyone's opinion is equally important! However, during Halloween, there are a couple of different things that happen while some of you may not believe in spirits unnatural things still happen and more trouble starts to brew in the forest such as stabbings even a couple of officers get injured due to people calling about this. Things happen like getting thrown across parking lots because whatever is in the forest starts to leave the forest during October while the main place they stay is the forest October allows them to get out more causing harm for the town whatever it is in the forest some are nicer than others but if you mess with the wrong one it won't end well for you, I learned that myself the hard way just during October listen to the shrine workers if they show up.

#2 - Interview. It's important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.
An interview with a teacher about the current education in Karakura

(Because this isn’t an actual report the name for the person being questioned will just be teacher, however in a normal report I would put their actual name)

[!] Before the talking started there would be a couple of seconds of someone clearing their throat before starting to talk [!]
Ms. Jing - Before we get into the questions about the education system in Karakura can you please state your name and what your role is in the high school? if you don’t mind answering of course.
Teacher - Yeah, my name is (Name here) and I’m a qualified teacher for the high school
Ms. Jing - Perfect! Alright, would you say the education system is helpful for the students or not helpful for their overall education?
Teacher - “I would say overall it’s pretty good there are a couple of small issues but other than that students get into college so it can’t be that bad”
Ms. Jing -” I see, I see would you like to tell me what those small issues are? If you don’t mind speaking about them sometimes things need to be kept quiet so I understand.”
Teacher - “Yeah of course they aren’t big issues just some people being annoying in class and most kids not showing up to the first class but showing up to the next just makes it harder to plan lessons it’s not that big of a deal”
Ms. Jing - “Right fair enough do you think kids refusing to show up affects their knowledge in any way?”
Teacher - “It probably does some kids don’t care about going to college though so they see no reason to go to class or at least that’s what I assume but that’s just a guess some of them are probably going through bad things but at least some just don’t care about college.”
Ms. Jing - “That’s fair, does this feeling of them not wanting to show up affect you in any way? For example, demotivation to teach or show up to school.”
Teacher - “I would say probably not, just because a bunch of kids choose not to show up doesn’t mean I should have to worry about that it’s my job to teach the people who care enough to show up I mostly just sit in my classroom and teach whenever I’m in town anyway.”
Ms. Jing - “Yeah I understand that, when you were a kid did you get your degrees here or somewhere else?”
Teacher - “I got my degrees in Karakura I’ve lived here my whole life so naturally I felt it was right to get them here!”
Ms. Jing - “Of course, Was it easy or hard to get your degrees in the town with the education system?”
Teacher - “It wasn’t that hard the system here is pretty easy with exams every couple months or so I was able to get through it pretty quickly I always went to classes because they do have a total classes attended requirement so people that never go to class can’t become college students to do the exact same thing.”
[!] A sound of writing on something could be heard over the microphone [!]
Ms. Jing - “Right, what is your experience with how detention for students works? How would you say the kids in there are like?”
Teacher - Most students in detention are kids who go to class and just disrupt the class or start fights but usually they are afraid of getting punished more in detention so they act responsibly in there but sometimes they refuse to do the one given task resulting in us having to call for SLT”
Ms. Jing - “Out of 100 students just a guess how many of them do you think get suspended daily?”
Teacher - “I don’t really know the answer to that very well maybe 2-3? Most time suspensions are dealt with by SLT not us teachers”
[!] More sounds of writing this goes on for a couple more minutes before stopping again as the last part of the conversation starts [!]
Ms. Jing - “Alright, would you say that teachers could be the reason some kids don’t show up to class or do you believe their not showing up is for other reasons?”
Teacher - “I believe it’s for other reasons you would have to talk with the students about that
as I wouldn’t be able to tell myself but there is probably at least 1 student that doesn’t show up to classes because of faculty or teachers but I don’t know what the students think so maybe I’m wrong.”
Ms. Jing - “Understandable thank you for answering my questions today. That will be the end of this report but it was great speaking with you today!”
Teacher - “Of course, it was nice meeting with you too.”
[!] The sounds of footsteps walking away can be heard before the recording stops. [!]

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
deniedapplications.png

We appreciate the time and effort you put into applying - however, you have not been accepted this time around.
Please DM @ aania on Discord if you have any queries about the application

You are free to re-apply at any point in time!

Users who are viewing this thread