Player Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
grp3_

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
ihateual

What is your time zone?:
EST

Describe your activity on the server:
I am well off with activity, considering I am on the college basketball team on my alternate account so I have to keep a presence. As for the account I am applying with, I am a family head so consistent playtime is important to keep the family active. If not for vacation, work, or a generous amount of school work, that could interfere/create a break of at most a week, I am able to open the shop and meet the quota each month. I am a part of SRP and have been for quite a few years, I've had multiple roles which have all required activity on both the discord servers and forums. I have provided that activity and will continue to do so.

Though it does say level 0 on this account, I can not log into my older one so I had to make a new one. My old one is named ItsLucrator and is where all my applications are linked to.

Have you ever been banned:
Yes I have been banned once a few years ago for Avoidrp and around march. I will be sure not to let it happen again.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes I understand that if I am inactive, my role as shopkeeper will be removed.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/joyoung-shop-application-_grp3.46589/ | Shop App | Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-application.34073/ | French Lang | Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/threads/italian-application.34085/ | Italian Lang | Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/threads/itslucrators-art-teacher-application.34634/ | Art Teacher | Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/threads/itslucrators-jsl-application.35082/ | JSL Lang | Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/threads/fashion-professor-application-grap3s_alt.43345/ | Fashion Professor | Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/threads/grap3s_alt2-kpd-application.45441/ | KPD | Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/threads/italian-application.34078/ | Italian Lang | Denied

https://schoolrp.net/threads/spanish-application.34090/ | Spanish Lang | Denied

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level):

[Grade-8] Kash 'Earl' Sakai | Grp3
[Basketball] [M] Sohyun Eui | Grp3
[Adult] Aoi Nakazawa | Grp3_ (The account I am applying on)
[Bee] Bee-Yonce II | _Grp3

· · ────────────────────────────── ✿ ────────────────────────────── · ·

joyoung3.png

Shop Information

What shop are you applying for?:

I am applying for Joi-Kon, it will be renamed to the former Joyoung. I will be bringing back the shop I once had that was also owned by Ferri.

Why do you want to become a Shopkeeper?:

I would like to be a shopkeeper because it allows me a place that fits many criteria of my enjoyment. Not only would I be able to have a sense of leadership on this server, which I liked handling when I was a shop owner in the past, but the small things such as decorating the shop (and specifically making them themed for seasons, holidays or shop events), or developing my character and her family’s backstory have also contributed to wanting this role. I’d be ecstatic to be a part of the shop owner community again. It allowed me unique roleplay opportunities, and I was able to meet so many new people that I am still friends with till this day. The creative freedom of a shopkeeper while with my co-workers/employees was a fun way to build teamwork and bond within the small group. I really loved being a shop owner for that reason especially. It was so rewarding to see my place grow and to have coworkers become friends, truly being a part and making a home out of Joyoung.

As a shop owner on SRP, the possibilities for creating memorable experiences are truly boundless. One of the most exhilarating aspects is the freedom to host events and special occasions. But building friendships with like-minded shopkeepers opens the door to collaborative events. You have the freedom to make advertisements that entertain players. Having your own exclusive Discord server, where friends and hired staff are to be a part of Joyoung’s community, being a shop owner isn't just about turning a profit; it's about enjoying yourself on the server and making others happy with events and just becoming friends with them. I’d love to give everyone on SRP a fun environment to be in for both the workers and customers ICly and OOCly.

Now that I am back full time, I will implement creative and new concepts to Karakura that will help the server and players in it thrive. I want to host events and special occasions, create fun and engaging adverts, as well as have my own Discord server with my friends and everyone hired together. I am very fond of Joyoung or Joi-Kon since it was very important to me, I had grown an attachment to it and gave most of my customs to the Shopkeeper who had inherited it by applying for the shop. I was very happy to and I am glad to see them around the server, I'd love to add more of my customs to the shop and help it grow even more. I miss Joyoung and I know others do as well. It’s the experience that the shopkeeper role gives me that I admire and enjoy most. I hope to be a part of the community once again and bring in new items and shop experiences to players on the server to enjoy and be a part of.

Untitled (72 × 30 in).jpg

What do you plan to do with your shop, and what makes it unique?:

- Vibe / Goal of the shop

The goal I had accomplished in the past, and will continue to do, is to make the atmosphere of Joyoung a modernized Japanese gaming store. I plan to implement the “Karen’s Diner” into the shop, except in gaming store form. Of course due to the humor involved, employees aren't stereotypical nice and polite, which makes the shop different and funny. Regarding that theme, the advertisements are going to reciprocate its silliness, with something along the lines of “Don’t lie, we know you’re lonely. So come and buy -.” Joyoung has never been the normal shop with prewritten welcome messages, each customer gets a different experience and different conversations with Joyoung’s employees. That is what I love about my shop.

The goal for this shop is to make sure everyone enjoys their experience in it and finds what they are looking for. Joyoung would have a variety of items, events, and themes along the way as it used to. My shop would be redecorated depending on the season, holiday or special event happening around the world or in Karakura. It is very important to me that everyone is happy and wants to go to Joyoung to see what the new redesign looks like and what the new items are, so new customs will be added to the shop around once every month / 2 months to keep the business growing and thriving. Obviously, new items, events and things that make the shop unique will be implemented to make it different than it once was. But the main vibe of Joyoung will remain the same, rude employees that are somewhat inspired by the karen diner and toy / gaming toys will be the main items sold in Joyoung.

To sum it up, Joyoung is a toy and gaming store type shop, it has everything you need, including phones, laptops, gaming headsets. But also furniture will be added into the list of things Joyoung may provide. Small arcade games will be around the shop along with booths for food items and areas to showcase important items. Joyoung's main theme will constantly change, depending on the holiday and season of the year. But the employees will always be the same and try to get a laugh out of you.

- Looks / Design / Interior & Exterior

The front of the shop should be mostly glass, exposed to the outside for others to be able to see what Joyoung looks like from the inside, and be able to see what kind of items we have displayed in the windows. I’d like the doors to be open since it makes the shop look more appealing and welcoming. Joyoung is a very colorful yet plain shop, many leaves and green tones are going to be part of the original design. The inside of the shop should have a few arcade games and claw machines, as well as snacks like popcorn or vending machines to give it a gaming vibe.

Joyoung will have both the floral, yet arcade like vibe to it's decoration, it's going to have a few murals on the inside to showcase it's 'gaming' part of the shop but as well as be colorful and decorative to appeal to others who may not be interested in video games and technology related items and would just like to browse the seasonal and toy items. An example of the floral kind of build and of a mural will be shown below.

Joi-Kon has much more of an arcade - gaming like style to it which I tend to keep but also change and give other's who don't like that style as much a chance to enjoy the shop. Joyoung has always been a Japanese style gaming store which will also be implemented into our build.

1691452362483.png

arcademtloutside.0.0.jpg

- Mom Squad

There will be a small booth in the shop, designated for the Mom Squad. A large banner would also be above it to make sure everyone going to visit the store will know what it is… So what is it? If you’ve ever heard of Geek Squad from Best Buy, it’s exactly that but with moms who have no clue what they’re doing and know nothing about technology. It will help incorporate the humorous factor of the shop. If a customer has any questions, usually about a store product, the Mom Squad is always able to resolve their concerns. Whether it be on life, Facebook or their OnRain’s, they will work their millennial butts off. Any mom is welcome to the squad, though due to its importance, you will be heavily interviewed to assure you’re qualified… by not being qualified in the technology field whatsoever. Once you have the job, you can participate in any opening; you will always be invited. Aside from answering questions, the moms will also be selling items. For example, cookies or cakes. ‘Homebaked’ things… (they’re secretly store bought, don’t tell anyone). At the back of the booth will be a small kitchen so everyone will be influenced that the moms have amazing baking skills. The moms will also be selling smartphones and smart phone plans! They (TRY TO) explain to you how a cell phone works (boy do they wish somebody did the same for them), but WILL be able to tell you where to find their Mom Squad Facebook page! Any questions asked to the Mom Squad will be answered with the best mom advice ever (so does that really mean it’s the best…?), you won’t regret visiting them.

Mom squad will also be hosting many mini events within Joyoung, adverts will be made by them occasionally and they will be introducing new items into the shop, or simply showing items that may possibly be a part of Joyoung. They will sometimes redecorate a small corner of Joyoung for their events and talk to our customers and give them advice. As well as attempt to sell the most random items you could find in the shop to add a little bit of humor into the event.

- Magazines / Flyers

As for Joyoung’s magazines and flyers, there will be a channel in the discord server made especially for them. Flyers with specials, events and lottery ticket sales will be posted as well as full magazines with sponsors, mom’s and more. Upcoming interviews to hire staff will also be posted on the magazines to let everyone know what's new with Joyoung and Karakura’s shops. Magazines will not only show sales but just normal showcased items that aren’t sold in other shops, model’s will be photographed with our items in their hands or accessories on them for you all to know what they look like. Joyoung will one day hire reporters as well, but not normal and truthful reporters, the reporters that spread rumors and give their very biased opinion on certain subjects that can make it interesting to read. Small advertisements will be a part of the flyers as well, like a short message from Majdouline, one of the Mom’s Squad’s managers. She will tell you all about Joyoung and its perks. Be sure to get the self-given role in Joyoung’s discord server to be up to date with the shop. We wouldn’t want you to miss an important event.

- Shop Discord / Onrain

As everyone knows every shop has an official discord, Joyoung will as well. It is simple and will have every channel needed like every other shop discord would. But Joyoung's would have a few extra channels, like a magazine and flyer channel where everyone who is subscribed to the flyers will know about upcoming events and new items that are going to be added to Joyoung's item roster.

Joyoung will also have it's own On-Rain account. Where the shopkeeper, Mom Squad and every employee will have access to (IC access) and be able to post about new events, items, etc. During events, pictures will be taken with the customers and will be posted as well.

joyoung2.png

Events hosted in my shop:

- Event 1 | Flash Sale

"DAMNN.. With these prices they better be selling a husband!.. JK, haha.. ha. "

The flash sale is basically an event where the whole shop will be on sale, as well as having a few extra activities installed in the shop to amuse friends who don't want to actually buy items and just want to enjoy themselves.

- Event 2 | St-Patty's at Joyoung!

"You're telling me people dress up to look like a leprechaun?! My son does it on the regular."

If your character looks like a Ed Sheeran.. You will definitely get a discount out of Aoi Nakazawa. Everything will be green, so bring your celery sticks and enjoy Joyoung's holiday sales.

- Event 3 | Movie Night at Joyoung!

"Didn't your daughter smash your TV with a bat, Aoi?"

Joyoung's annual movie night is BACK! Popcorn and plushies are available to buy once you have your ticket, small free items will also be given out to all of the participants. The whole shop will be made into a movie theatre once again, no need to watch barbie on your small furniture shop TV that keeps getting stolen anymore!

- Event 4 | Music Festival

"The only talent my son has is being level 100 in Fortnite.."

Karakura has a lot of talent, it's time to show it off in a collaboration with other music and restaurant type shops, including Joyoung. Food items, musical instruments and more will be available to buy during the event. A winner will also be picked and given a prize as well as a trophy of some sort.

- Event 5 | Bake Sale

"Come here kids! Get as fat as my son."

Mom Squad's bake sale is an event to showcase Karakura's mother's cooking and baking talents. The incredible group of mothers have come together to organize a cheap bake sale just for the parentless kids of Karakura. Make sure to grab a treat before going to visit your parents graves! Organized with love and care, the mom's are always there to answer your questions on love. The event space is decorated with colorful banners and signs that proudly display the Mom Squad. Every table is neatly arranged with baked goods made by the mom's themselves and they will be glad to share the treats with you. A few fruit tables will be installed as well because as you know, an apple a day keeps the doctors away!

- Event 6 | Haunted Mansion

"OUGH.. ! This is also almost as freaky as when I caught my husband with his secretary!"

We all know October is coming up and a special holiday is part of that month, Halloween. Though we can't make it actually scary, we can still dress up and decorate the shop! Let's bring back Joyoung's famous haunted mansion. Joyoung will be made into a maze like haunted mansion with new items, prizes and dressed up workers. Puzzles and riddles will be installed around the shop for you to enjoy and get a chance to win the Halloween leprechaun bucket (gold). Everyone dressed up in a Halloween inspired costume will have the chance to win the ultimate prize, but do not worry if you can't make it to one of Joyoung's openings, you can always post it in the event entries channel in the Joyoung discord server. How to prepare your costume in advance? Make sure to get your subscription to Joyoung's flyers to know everything about events, new items and more.

- Event 7 | Santa's gone rogue

"Is there a way to get Mrs. Claus out of the picture ..?"

Christmas is a very common holiday for everyone, but this year Santa has decided to go-go-go away from Karakura and never come back. Thankfully, Joyoung's BEST SANTA LOOK ALIKE contest is here. Go get your dads and grand-dad's with those beer belly's and dress him up from head to toe in red. You might just have a chance to win 1 million yen. Who knows. But it's Christmas everyone, what's Christmas without gifts. Go to the Mom Squad booth to get yourself and your friends some free holiday gifts, everyone included whether you do or don't celebrate Christmas you're still welcome to enjoy the festivities! Make sure to hang up your holiday wish on Joyoung's jumbo wish-tree. The wish tree is for EVERYONE no matter what age, size or zodiac sign, we ACCEPT YOU... Who knows, your wishes may come true. (We will be reading every single one of your wishes so if you make it realistic for something to happen ICly expect us at your door step.)

- Event 8 | Dad Squad Collab

"All these men and I can't find a husband."

Here at Joyoung, we're all about inclusivity. That means even the mothers of Mom Squad who think they have the best parental role will have to push their differences aside and accept the dads coming in for a change. A new booth will be installed for all of the dad's of Karakura to enjoy, they'll be your average beer belly dad's and complain about their wife's cooking. (Why don't they just cook dinner themselves?) Once every two or so months, depending on the popularity of this event, the dad's will be BACK in Joyoung. With new items and sports journals, you won't want to miss their tutorial on how to properly shave your beard. A gentleman's corner will also be installed within the shop for you fatherless kids to learn how to properly wear a tux or any necessary skills a father may teach you. If you got any questions to ask the dads, they will gladly answer.

----------

All quotes are by Mom Squad.

joyoung6.png

What will you sell in your shop?:

- Custom Items

All custom items in the shop will be released around once every month or once every other month depending on how quickly they are made and when I receive them in game. I'd like quite a few new items to be added to Joyoung since it gives others who are used to Joyoung a reason to go and see what the new item, or new look of the shop that may go with the item look like. All items sold in Joyoung will be related to the gaming, electronics and toys theme, though new food items like cookies and small cakes will be added due to the 'Mom Squad' booth installed in the shop. A few ideas for new custom item toys come to mind. For example, a creepy baby Yoda doll, a hot dog hat, and funny little trinkets of the sort. Accessory items will also be implemented into the shop, meaning a few sunglasses, hats, etc. But not any type of sunglasses or hats, mostly gaming ones. Like a gaming headset, headphones, or a Darth Vader helmet. There could be many toys or items that would work well with the shop's theme and will be added to it once everything is installed.

hasbro-star-wars-galactic-snackin-grogu-toy-1616787711.jpg

New items, like furniture, hats, and toys will be added into Joyoung's item roster. We will be posting polls to know which items you all like the most! Seasonal items will have a small area in the shop that is very noticeable for you to explore. For example, a miniature beach with a beach chair with all of the summer items hung up on signs near it.

- Types of items

Year Long Items
- Toy Katanas
- Plushies
- Hats
- Small toys
- Toy Guns / Weapons
- ALL gaming related items

Summer Items
- Waterguns
- Sun Glasses
- Beach Toys

Fall Items
- Umbrellas
- Hats
- Scarfs / Accessories

Winter Items
- Shovels
- Snowball makers
- Hats
- Winter Accessories

Food And Other Items
- Beer, cigarettes, cigars? (For special events only)
- Cookies (Mom Squad Booth)
- Cupcakes / Cakes (Mom Squad Booth)
- Carrots, Apples, Healthy foods (Mom Squad Booth, an apple a day keeps the doctors away kids.)
- Other food items may depend on the events, such as popcorn for a movie theatre event.

- Advertisements

A designated channel in the employee's category will be made especially for advertisements, I know that this works well since it gives the employees a sense of importance and gives them a chance to be part of the advertisements. I usually just pick at random or take the one they specifically asked me to use. Every employee can write their own ideas of advertisements as long as they follow the 'template' for what an advertisement needs to look like, still keeping the location, an item we're selling, etc.

Joyoung's advertisements we're always meant to subtly or .. not so subtly joke around or call the Karakuran's names. We love to get others attention with our advertisements and think it is the best way to get new customers come and visit our shop. Joyoung has always been an amazing shop with funny advertisements and we want to keep it that way.

joyoung52.png

How many employees do you plan to have?:

- Amount of employees

From experience, though it is a lot I like having around 18 employees total, since there are going to be 2 managers and myself that makes around 15 employees that all have different availability. Any changes might be made in this roster, I might add or remove any places in the roster depending on how many people I hire in the first wave and see how it goes. If they are all active, I would rather have less employees to give everyone a chance to actually work since only 1-2 workers will actually be part of each shift.

All employees will be hired for their personality, capability to roleplay, humor is important for my shop and overall activity on the server. These are the most important qualities to have to be a part of Joyoung’s staff team. I hope for everyone to get along and enjoy every opening.

- How does Joyoung deal with hiring staff

To start off, an advert will be made to let everyone who’s interested know that Joyoung is hiring, it might also be posted on the forums and @’d in the adverts channel in the town discord. A google form will be linked to all of the above, once the forms are filled in by the applicants they will all be heavily reviewed so that a select few will be left for the interviews. Since one person is too little to actually interview many people on the bat I will only be choosing the ones with the best applications. Though detail does make your applications look better, it doesn’t always mean that they are the best candidate so I will make sure to ask them OOC and IC questions at the interview just to be certain of my decision. As for the interviews to hire staff, there will be cubicles built in the shop where each applicant will speak with a higher up (Shop Owner or Manager) A few questions will be asked to get an idea of how they respond to certain questions, both OOC and IC will be asked. For example, ‘Do you speak in VC’. Easy questions to answer.

Cashiers 0/15

All cashiers will have the same job as well as the same training, each one will be ****yzed before being hired and interviewed by the managers or myself to make sure they are fit to be a part of Joyoung. There are a few criterias to be hired, like being active on the server and being somewhat good at RP. The cashiers for my shop wouldn’t be like usual ones, they are meant to converse more with the customers, some cashiers will walk around the shop during openings and pick fights or comment on certain players ICly. The employees that are roaming are meant to be like security guards and make sure everything is going well and no one is minging / cutting lines, etc. But will also be in character whilst doing their job.

Cashiers have 3 stages, the first being trainee, the second being Cashier and the last being Senior Cashier. The Senior Cashier role doesn’t take months of working at Joyoung to get, you simply have to make an impression on me or one of the managers by being active in both the discord server and the shop. By getting the Senior Cashier role, you are one step closer to becoming a manager. At some point a third manager may be added if I see fit, but it is unlikely going to happen soon after the reopening.

Managers 0/2

Managers are cashiers that were very active and showed interest in Joyoung. I want the managers to be employees that I trust to open the shop and do everything right, pay all of the employees and pay the taxes as well. I don’t just want managers that won’t do anything and just be there with the role because I was ‘biased’ and chose them because we were previously friends. I will be fair and give the role to anyone who worked hard and earned the position as manager. Once they do, they will be given permission to open the shop themselves once a week after doing it with supervision once to make sure they know what to do and how to do it.

Managers will also be in charge of making sure every cashier/security guard is active, and are to inform me of inactivity or of any inappropriate activity happening. There will be specific channels in the discord for them to give strikes or warnings to any staff members. I trust them to be fair and if I get complaints from any cashiers and the managers end up being truthfully accused of falsely warning them they will get removed from the role or warned themselves.

Shopkeeper 1/1

The shop owner is the person who supervises everyone, including the managers. They are responsible for restocking all items, paying the taxes at the end of every shift, paying the employees at the end of every shift and making sure everyone is getting a chance to work and that everything is fair. As a shopkeeper you have to make sure that everyone is happy and no one is being badly treated by anyone else. You also have to make sure that your employees LIKE being a part of your shop, enjoying what you do on SRP or just in life is very important to me. You’re on the server to enjoy yourself and make friends and just have a good time, so that is what I try to give to others on my staff team or to players just visiting the shop.

The shopkeeper is also necessary to organize events alongside the Managers and Senior Cashiers of Joyoung, many events will be done within the shop since Joyoung’s main theme will be changed every other month. Though it will always stay a gaming shop, the interior may have a different look seasonally. A channel and google doc will be made specifically for the organization of the events, to make sure it is clean and understandable.

- How will employees be paid

After every opening, a specific amount of money goes towards paying IC taxes. For example, it used to be around 20% of taxes for accessory shops. Though I think the tax percentages have been changed to the amount of money you make since then. 20% of the let’s say 1mil made is going to taxes, another 20% would go to paying the employees depending on how many employees are working, if only one cashier is working, they wouldn’t get the full 20%. But if more than 2 cashiers were on the shift, the percentage would be higher. As for the rest of the money, half of it would go to the restock budget and the other half to my personal IC bank account / wallet. If ever less than 1 mil is made and the workers end up getting less than 80k per shift, I’d adjust the percentages to be higher so that they’d at least get the 80. I believe it’s unfair for someone to get 200k as payment on one shift and another gets 50k, so I’d like to keep a minimum of 80k per opening for each worker.

In conclusion, I will do my very best for everyone to be paid equally and have an equal amount of shifts so that no one is left out and no one gets paid too much more. When someone answers first but already worked the previous shift, I will most likely give the spot to someone who has responded after them.

- Uniforms

Uniforms for Joyoung aren’t always going to be the same. They are usually going to go with the item that we are trying to sell in the advert, for example a flower hammer. The outfit would be a tree with flowers on it, it would usually be namemc style onesies since I like those the most, they’re always funny looking. I absolutely love dora, so I’d be selling the dora backpack in my shop and have a dora event, where we’d all wear a costume that has to do with her, like: swiper, boots, etc. Themes are honestly what make shops fun, like the hello kitty inspired cafe. It’s what makes others want to go there and it gets to be what you’re passionate about.

As for normal uniforms, though I may not make the workers wear a whole outfit. I might make them wear a specific hat for customers to be able to point out who works in the shop and who doesn’t. It’s easier for both me and other players to see them around the shop.

NOTE:
Thank you for considering my application.​

Attachments

• 1691452580980.png
    1691452580980.png
    734.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

flowersak

Level 120
flowersak
flowersak
Rich+