Accepted History Teacher | WhoIsEarthy

Earthy

Level 3
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
WhoIsEarthy (applying on this account.)
alts (roommate accounts that we share sometimes) WhoIsMars, WhoIsJupiter

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your Discord username?): whoisearthy

Do you have a microphone?: Yes, I don't like speaking though.

How old are you? (Optional): 20

What is your time zone?: EST (Eastern Standard Time), sometimes I travel west a bit but my time only changes by an hour or so.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: I completely understand this, and I have experienced it in the past so I am fully prepared to be active

Describe your activity on the server: I play every day, from 3-5 hours whenever I work, and when I’m not working I’ll play for around 5-8 hours depending on how tired I am.

Do you have any previous bans?: Twice, I was banned once for 'copying SRP' which was all a misunderstanding, and the second time I was banned for buying people's ranks and custom items for ICLY money. I take full responsibility for this ban though and I realize how I did wrong.
Both of these events occurred three to four years ago.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Ban Appeal for trading Ranks for ICLY money - Accepted
Ban Appeal for 'copying server' - Accepted
Shop Application - Denied
Teacher Application - Denied
Shop Application - Denied
Psychosis Application - Accepted
Teacher Application - Accepted
Korean Application - Accepted
French Application - Accepted
Teacher Application - Denied
Spanish Application - Accepted
Russian Application - Accepted
Archeology Teacher Application - Accepted
Archeology Re-Apply - Denied
I also had applied for Worlds History College Professor but that was when they were being done in private so I can not provide a link to that one but it was Approved.

What is your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level): I am currently a High school student Grade-12 and a Grade-10, the alt accounts are all grade 12 or grade 7-10

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
History, specifically going into topics way before man ever existed like Pangea and the dinosaurs, along with what plants existed in their time as we slowly work our way up through time. Mainly focusing on the events that happened to end the dinosaurs, information about them, and events that happen along the evolution of humans and animals alike, whether that be world wars or hurricanes that wiped a creature out of existence.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: My motivation for becoming a teacher is that I want to take the things I like to study and that I'm working on as a hopeful job one day and spread the knowledge I get to the SRP community. Becoming a teacher would help me stay up to date on things like Archeology and it would help me study while I teach it to the people who were to join my classes, as one day I plan on re-entering college to finish getting my degree.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role at UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?: I completely understand this and from what I know, things have changed since I have been a teacher last so I am willing to relearn everything I used to know.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: Teacher class logs are logs that you have to put in saying what you taught and how classes went, it is essential because what you put in a log could be used for a final exam, they also help keep track of your classes for how much you get paid monthly and your quota.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?: Some strict rules that are used during class are listed below.
1. No food or drink in the classroom, if caught doing so there will be minor punishments.

2. No texting or use of cellphones unless permitted by the teacher, if caught using it without said permissions it will be taken away and given back at the end of the day.

3. No talking or leaving class unless permitted by the teacher, if you get permission but do not return before the class period is over you will be called out over the intercom for skipping class.

4. Raise your hand if you have something to say, do NOT just shout out your answers or questions.

5. Show respect for the teacher and other students, treat others how you would like to be treated.

6. No Swearing or foul language in the classroom, if warned multiple times minor punishments could be given.

7. NO FIGHTING in the classroom, if you are warned about physical fighting once you will be seen in detention.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I have role-played for almost 10 years now, whether that was just a casual role-play with friends in a Discord server about some college life or it being on SRP. I have been role-playing a student for about 8 or so weeks of playtime on the SRP server, for the other 2 almost 3 weeks of playtime I was either being a teacher/professor or running around the streets as a homeless tag. I have been on and off playing SRP since 2017, and I would like to continue playing whether that be as a student, a gang member, a teacher, an officer, etc.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: This rank of the teacher is the head of their primary section (Example; History.), They help the new teachers with their learning of how to teach the students, They also show them where the new teacher what room they will be teaching students in. The last thing I’d say about HD is that they make sure the teachers are responsible to teach the students.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: These Qualified Teachers help newer teachers out as if they were like HD. They have similar traits as HD, but Qualified Teachers have been working for a long time, They know how the place works. Since they have worked so long they’ve shown the right responsibilities to be a Teacher and how you should handle the student's behavior and how to teach correctly.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: New teachers know their classroom number and are allowed to perform classes without supervision, but they must have completed their training before they start to teach a class

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: Unqualified Teachers are not allowed to teach their classes yet, but they do take a seat and visualize other teachers teaching their classes. As well They do need to finish their training, which will help them understand the concept.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Teachers in games are supposed to teach the proper things that students will need for the rest of their lives and stuff that could help them advance through college. Their salary depends on how often they work, an average work amount a month leaves them with around 350k but if they work more classes than that they get a 50k bonus and a maximum of 500k. Teachers tend to teach in the most informative way they can and discuss topics that way they are easy for the student to understand. In free time you tend to see Teachers hanging out with friends and loved ones, along with walking their pets or going to do chores and grocery shopping. If they have to make copies of anything they normally do it before or after the school day.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: Teachers are essential to a SchoolRP server as they are responsible for providing an immersive and engaging educational experience for players. They serve as the backbone of the server's academic system and help to create a realistic and dynamic virtual environment. Teachers play a critical role in fostering a sense of community and collaboration within the server, as they encourage students to interact and engage with one another through discussions, group projects, and other academic activities. Without dedicated and knowledgeable teachers, a SchoolRP server would be incomplete and it wouldn't offer a more realistic school experience.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: MoSCoW: Must have/Could have/Should have/Would have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Apollo Hanamoku stands at 5 foot 9 inches, he has snow-white hair and brownish-red eyes, and pale skin that seemed to burn easily. He normally wore casual clothes unless working, in the work scene he wore more formal clothes like button-ups and dress pants. He is unique because of his Oculocutaneous albinism which caused him to be born with white hair and his brown eyes have a slight tint of red, along with pale skin and light freckles speckled across his face. Apollo normally respects students as if he were with other co-workers, except he would be more assertive with students. With teachers he acts more like a best friend than a co-worker, providing meals and help whenever he feels it's necessary. He has a happy personality whenever he is with his wife and/or kids, and he tends to act like the dad people might not have had or the cool uncle that takes you out to the movies when you're grounded. His plan for the future is to open a museum where he can proceed to live with his passion for history, though his backup plan is just turning part of his house into a mini museum for people to check out all the cool things like fossils he has found over the years.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
When dealing with students that use foul language, the best first course of action is to give them a verbal warning. If that doesn't work, the next course of action would be to hand them a nice detention so that hopefully they understand what they have done. If the warnings and detention do not work, the next best course of action would be to let your higher-ups know of the constant disobedience.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: When getting the attention of a chatty classroom the best course of action would be to place a stack of paperwork on your desk, whether it be a surprise pop quiz or homework on what they had learned about in the class. If they proceed to not listen after constant acts of trying to get their attention you can try the fear tactic and start writing people's names on the chalkboard or a detention slip since they want to talk so much they could always do some learning after school.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: When in the teachers' lounge he isn't as formal as he is when teaching his classes, but he still holds that form of respect that should be held by someone in his position. Whenever a higher up, like the Head of Department or Vice principal, is in the room he acts a little bit more formal than he would with normal co-workers, and he pays close attention whenever they have something important to say.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
He walked to the front of the classroom after handing everyone their 'Volume 1: Velociraptor textbooks. He walked to the chalkboard, slowly writing the name of the dinosaur they will be learning about on it before coming to a pause. Without turning around he let out a sigh and moved over to the side of the board that was empty, in semi-small letters he would write the student's name down before returning to what he was doing.

/me He let out a soft sigh as he pulled out a small speaker, after a couple of seconds on his phone the speaker would start to make noise. The soft ambient noise would fill the classroom, it seemed peaceful as if they were in the woods going on a peaceful hike near a small stream. He would lean back in his chair, his soft but stern voice could be heard as he said. "If there are any questions either raise your hand and come up to my desk and quietly ask."

/me He walked past the sleeping student as if he were ignoring them, continuing to hand everyone their textbooks as he wandered around the room. After walking to the front of the room he reached into the closet grabbing three textbooks, the spines read 'Volume 1, Volume 2, and Volume 3.' "Since you want to sleep on my time, I would love to see you on your time!." He said as he wrote the student's name down on a detention slip, slamming the three books down onto their desk to wake them up.

/me After all the students handed in their tests he reached into the closet, pulling out a box of strawberry pocky. He slipped one into his mouth before he set a couple of boxes on his desk, sitting down as he gestured to the class to come and get one. "If you would like, I brought in a snack for the class since I knew everyone was gonna do good on the test...I hope."

Backstory
Apollo was born the middle child of five on October 31st, 1978 in the countryside of France. He was born albino, his hair was snow white and his brown eyes were slightly red, though his parents still loved and cared for him. The warmth and security that his parents and siblings provided for him allowed him to embrace his uniqueness from an early age, going to school with a positive attitude. The striking contrast of his white hair against his fair complexion made him stand out amongst his peers, but it never hindered his contentment. By his third year of school he had grown attached to the history of the world, more along the lines of dinosaurs as any kid should be interested in. He loved dinosaurs with a passion, begging his parents to buy him books and toys to further his knowledge about them. As he grew older his curiosity grew even further than Pangea and it grew towards the Anglo-Saxons and the Vikings, the stories of wars and the heroic figures in these stories inspired him to the point where he would choose to go to the library over going to hang out with friends and participate in sports. In his final year of elementary school, he was put into a language class where he started to learn Russian, though it was rusty and he wasn’t very fluent he was able to grasp small conversations by the end of the year.

His first year of high school had started rough, a bunch of new kids from schools he didn’t go to were all shoved into the same building, which caused A LOT of problems. He would get picked on every day due to his weird look, most of the kids targeted him because he was different looking. He told his siblings about this, and his parents found out which lead to the problem getting solved rather quickly. He started to feel like he stood out a lot more as he progressed through his high school years, causing him to somewhat shut himself out and spend more time in the library than going to things like lunch and gym class. The more time he spent in the library, the more solace and joy he found in exploring the vast depths of knowledge within the pages of these historical books. His senior year he started taking classes to become a student teacher to help out his history teacher and get an almost free ticket into college. Whenever he wasn’t taking a mandatory class or helping out his history teacher he was in his safe space, immersing himself in every historical book he could find, trying to unravel mysteries most scientists and historians still had no clue about… though he was unsuccessful that wouldn’t stop him from trying.

His first day of college was awkward, everyone he knew didn’t make it and this left him with no one but the library, though he was fine with this Throughout his high school years he slowly pushed himself away from people due to the multiple times he would get picked on, especially after his vision started to fade some causing him to need glasses. His college roommate wasn’t the greatest person in the teapot, on multiple occasions, Apollo would find mystery drugs in the bathroom sink and bloody rags in the sink. It was unclear as to what his roommate was doing, and frankly, he didn’t want to know. Around a month before his first big exam, he started to go to the library every day to avoid trying to study with his obnoxious roommate. While studying fate had decided to throw in that extra motivation to make his life just a little bit brighter, though her smile was brighter. Apollo’s face grew as red as the sun the first time this jaw-dropping woman decided to start small talk, as they grew closer and closer the red wouldn’t be as obvious as before but it was painfully obvious that he liked her. Her intelligence, the way her eyes sparkled whenever she would talk about her day, and how she studied just as much as he did caused him to fall head over heels for her.

They had gone on many dates throughout their college careers, but four months before they graduated the unexpected happened and they got married. The two have been a happy couple since then, especially after graduation when they had their first daughter, Thalia. Two years after Thalia was born he had gotten a job at a local high school as a history teacher, where he began his teaching career. He helped out at home with Thalia the best he could, before the two had received shocking news… His wife was pregnant again but with twin boys! They were named Hassun and Nikita, they were both taught JSL by their mother, Apollo was taught as well because they had found out their daughter Thalia was deaf from birth. A couple of years into the future his wife had gotten her Masters, which led them to move to a place called Karakura, where Apollo would apply to become a history teacher and his wife would go on to become a psychiatrist.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Apollo Hanamoku
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Apollo, Sun, Sunny
Preferred Name: Apollo, Sun (For teachers and co-workers.) Mr. Sun, Mr. Hanamoku (For Students and college students.)

Age (Minimum is 27): 45
Religious Denomination: Athiest
Marital Status: Married

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
9 years

Academic Degree: Masters's Degree
Year of Graduation: 2006
Major(s): Archeology Major
Minors: Geography Worlds Language, Mathematics

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: French, Russian, Spanish

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
None
Do you have any questions?: None​

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Pending
Thank you for applying! Your application was wonderful! However,

• There were other applications that stood out more
  • The subject you applied for is currently capped

Please feel free to work on the application until the next wave of applications!

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread