6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
IGN:
6Panda

DATE:
16th March 2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
A hospital recovery system that will promote a sense of danger in criminal roleplay.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
As many of you already know, after getting your injury treated by the Hospital, there are no official guidelines that prevent people from simply skipping the recovery that their character would have gone through. While it is true that the Director can grant permission for long term recovery, it is unlikely that someone will participate in such.

Therefore, in order to promote realism and add a sense of danger to criminal/combat scenarios, recovery guidelines in an official post will be introduced. However, to take this a step further, I suggest introducing a mandatory recovery system. This will also allow the use of wheelchairs because as of now, they will not be introduced to the public for use outside the hospital.

Although, regardless of this system, you may contact the Director (me as of now) to engage in long term recovery

How will this system work? Well, I have just the answer for you, and I am glad to take recommendations for it! Hence, this post.

- RECOVERY
Starting out with the main point, recovery can work in two ways. Before I begin to talk about that, any patients that are required to stay in a recovery room will be logged in the hospital spreadsheet, something similar to this:

Once they are logged, they can go onto one of two paths (which will be their choice):

PATH ONE:
Depending on the availability of the hospital workers, a player may enter the hospital and request to engage in a recovery situation. The hospital worker will take them up to a recovery room and they will be allowed to swap onto their recovering character, where they will engage in different scenarios based on their injury (i.e., an individual with a re-attached leg may engage in physical therapy) or simply interact with loved ones, workers, etc.

PATH TWO:
The individual can wait the required amount of OOC days before playing their character again - similar to how being arrested/protective custody works - if they do not wish to interact with hospital workers.

Once the mandatory recovery time is over, the individual is allowed to play their character again, regardless of the path that they chose. Although, even once they are out of the hospital, they will need to abide by the official recovery guidelines to ensure they properly roleplay out the side effects and issues they would experience with their injury.

- RECOVERY DATES
Depending on the situation, some recovery durations are able to change to match the severity of the injury/situation.

ILLNESSES/DISEASES: This should be discussed with the Director.
VOLUNTARY PSYCHIATRIC HOLD: This should be discussed with the Director.
INVOLUNTARY PSYCHIATRIC HOLD: 1–3 Days (or discuss with Director)

ORGAN SURGERY: 9 OOC Days
ORGAN TRANSPLANTS: 8 OOC Days

REPLANTATION (Of any limb): 7 OOC Days
MAJOR AMPUTATIONS (Arms, Legs, etc.): 6 OOC Days
MINOR AMPUTATIONS (Eyes, Hands, Fingers, etc.): 4 OOC Days
PROSTHETIC SURGERY RECOVERY: 3 OOC days

FRACTURES (Including skulls): 7 OOC Days

HAEMORRHAGES: 5 OOC Days
CONCUSSIONS: 2 OOC Days

3RD DEGREE BURNS: 5 OOC Days

MEDICAL EMERGENCIES (Heart Attacks, Cardiac Arrest, etc.): 6 OOC Days

PENETRATING WOUNDS (Gunshots, Stab Wounds, etc., that has hit an artery/organ): 8 OOC Days
AVULSIONS: 7 OOC Days

POISONING: 4 OOC Days
MORGUE: Infinite

Thank you for reading this suggestion. I will make edits to this depending on the responses, especially with the recovery durations.​

Last edited:

usercultist

Level 21
+1
alex i fucking love this idea please can this be added
mfs get their arms cut off, go to the hospital, skiprp prosthetic and use majors on someone the same hour

draculary

Level 31
Event Team
draculary
draculary
Omega
+1 This is a very cool idea, I like that it brings a sense of realism, another alex W

vengefulharmony

Level 3
simonblackquill
simonblackquill
Notable
+1

Not only would this be beneficial to adding a layer of realism to hospital roleplay and encourage further doctor-patient interactions, but it would also discourage certain individuals from continuously giving their characters completely unrelated conditions in a short time-frame.

RexLobo

Level 99
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
+1! Only question I have would be asking what the difference between a fractured and broken bone? And how would you know if someone instead of saying they had a fracture (6 OOC Day wait) they said it was broken (Which ranges from 0-3)?

Yonio

Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
+1
Only issue is, how will this work with people who are arrested and also need recovery

6Pancake

Level 224
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Authorization Team
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
+1
Only issue is, how will this work with people who are arrested and also need recovery
They’ll either be ICly kept in the hospital under police watch or kept in a medical unit of the prison they are transferred to - Im sure you and I can figure this out more, Yonio

6Pancake

Level 224
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Authorization Team
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
+1! Only question I have would be asking what the difference between a fractured and broken bone? And how would you know if someone instead of saying they had a fracture (6 OOC Day wait) they said it was broken (Which ranges from 0-3)?
Fracture and Broken Bones on SRP essentially mean surgery or just casting.

If someone’s found to be abusing it, they can face OOC punishment

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1

COMMON EMS AND 6PANCAKE WWWWWW

Absolutely would love to see this implemented, hell I'd get majored of it meant I got to chill in the hospital

D3_sp41r

Level 21
D3_sp41r
D3_sp41r
Notable
+1 !

In addition, perhaps a Nurse role could be added to the hospital roster- the Nurse roles could potentially be responsible for ensuring care to recovering patients, such as bringing them meals, checking their vitals daily, and other such things in order to take some of the work load off of other hospital staff roles who are more commonly needed for more major interactions such as surgeries.

Users who are viewing this thread