mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

(Implementation of) Karakura Fire Department

Lola Lin

Level 1
Greetings and Salutations!

I am curious to hear the community's feedback on a suggestion regarding the creation of a Fire Department for Karakura, working adjacent to the other two emergency services, KPD and EMS. It's just a silly idea, so I wonder what SRPers think of it.

The most thrilling instance that Karakura would need a fire department is in the case of fires. I discuss it at the end, as to save the best for last (I believe it is the most fun aspect)

Practical Justification
Fire departments (FD), when it comes to emergency services, are a crucial implementation for any functioning city. They work alongside law enforcement and medical teams to assist in emergency situations. Aside from fighting fires, FD's serve a variety of public roles. Firefighters respond/take calls for medical emergencies, assist law enforcement agencies during dire situations, inspect and maintain public property/buildings, and administer public service announcements about safety. Furthermore, if your cat is ever stuck in a tree, you know who to call.

Some examples of FD work includes (A) aiding EMS in emergency situations. Firefighters respond to dispatches and render emergency medical aid, such as CPR, to the incapacitated or wounded. Additionally, firefighters respond to public hazards. Incidents of contamination, explosives, gas leak, flood, car accidents/vehicle maintenance downed power-line, electrical maintenance, or an incident of an unstable person or person(s) are generally handled (or accompanied by) the FD. Firefighters also supplant the role of law enforcement when it comes to rescues, if a person may be ensnared or trapped.

Firefighters also, though surprisingly, work with cases of criminal investigation. Firefighters, or a Fire Marshal, is specifically designated to investigate the cause of fires, or electrical faults. Criminals think that they are slick when it comes to arson, but not for long! (A1) FD's work closely with the government to file, write, report, and sort paperwork involving public safety. They assist with operations like construction and public events, coordinating to ensure that the event goes smoothly. Not to say that firefighters are event planners, but imagine everyone tightly cooped up in one space! That's hazardous.

Finally, the fires. A crucial part of being a firefighter is putting out fires- not just the bureaucratic inspections of fire codes. Fire events.. fun stuff, right? This leads me to my next section about some ICly fun.

In-Character Justification
Being a firefighter is just plain fun. Introducing a FD brings a new flavor to the life of Karakura, and adds new elements of public life, including safety, danger, and bureaucracy. Similar to applying for other emergency services, player-bases can apply to work for the FD and undergo training for the myriad of tasks a firefighter must complete on a daily basis. Characters who work for the FD can coordinate with government, event planners, and other emergency service players.

Players would apply to be a firefighter will have different jobs, depending on what they can do. While some players may idly sit and wait for flame, some players will inspect buildings and shops, give instructions and seminars to business owners and school children, and so on (REFER TO SECTION (A) AND (A1) IN BOLD!). The FD will always be kept busy, even if it means simply coordinating with EMS or law enforcement. The fun never ends!

Firefighters will have to adhere to an honor code of ensuring public safety, and wear uniforms signifying authenticity.

Fire & Flame
Fire?! In Karakura?!

Fire events would include notable or populated buildings potentially burning or being at risk of burning. The events would be infrequent, but certainly leave a notable memory for those in Karakura. Who said events just had to be about fun?! Dodge and weave as you navigate the embers.

Implementing fire events is an arduous task, and thus while it is by far the most fun aspect of being a firefighter, it may be far-fetched (thus I write this proposal). Even without fires, the FD would serve a drastic role. Introducing a FD would also revamp and have Karakura reconsider how we see things like cigarettes, lighters, electrical sockets, and so on. Those who love arson would truly be able to live out their passion, before swiftly being locked away, serving life sentences for public endangerment. The idea that fires could happen alone, justifies the existence of a FD, in that they are always ensuring fires do not happen- be it ****yzing and enforcing the Japanese Fire Service Act with buildings that do not accommodate for fire safety, or telling those hooligans playing with fireworks to watch it! Introducing an entirely new element of public safety and flammable consideration, FD's brandish a new depth to SRP, with the potential of fires and flame alone embedding a profundity to SRP gameplay. If your electrical socket starts buzzing, you know who to call!

Why should I care?
That's a good question.

Emergency services is a perfect trifecta of Law Enforcement, EMS, and Firefighters. Without the final piece, your city is missing a crucial aspect of public safety.

Ultimately, the addition of a FD to Karakura is an adventurous endeavor that I personally believe would be captivating, exciting, and fun for the SRP playerbase.

Is it not enticing to be a hero? Jumping into dangerous situations, carrying out a kitten, and be praised by the whole town. If you yearn for purpose and desire to help others, you can always join the Karakura Fire Department.

Thank you for hearing my consideration!

Peace and love.

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
1. use suggestion subforum
2. use format

Last edited:

Lizalopod

Level 130
The KPD can already handle any fires that suddenly pop up. This is not needed

Additionally it would just be dead because fires are nonexistent lol

etsu

Level 11
lvrsti
lvrsti
Notable
if anything "firefighters" (now kpd officers) could be made up of the new paramedics team in the ems faction. . i think this was up for discussion for a while, i'm unaware of what the final decision was

Users who are viewing this thread