players online

Accepted Joetempz | Highschool Councillor [2] [Edited]

joetempz_

Level 7
OOC SECTION

What is your Minecraft Username?:
Joetempz

Past warns/kicks/bans?:
Previously, I must admit that I made some mistakes when it came to RP. On two occasions, I engaged in Unrealistic RP, and on another two, I was guilty of FailRP. However, I've come a long way since then. I've been putting in a lot of effort to avoid any more warnings, and this has caused me to view RP with more sincerity than before. I've taken the time to learn from past missteps, and I now understand why I received warnings. With that knowledge, I am confident I will not break the rules again. In order to ensure that I am better equipped, I've immersed myself in more RP activities. Additionally, I've been reading and rereading the rules continuously. I'm focusing on improving myself and my approach to RP, so that both I and those in the community can have a more enjoyable experience.

What is your timezone?:
My current timezone, is BST

Please provide your Discord tag and Identifier (ExampleName#0001):
Joetempz#5900

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server (Approved, Denied & Pending):

Joetempz Mongolian Lang Application [Accepted]
Joetempz Chef Application [Accepted]
Joetempz Teacher Application [Denied]

Joetempz Doctor Application [Denied]
Joetempz JSL Lang Application [Accepted]
Joetempz Korean Lang Application [Accepted]

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity on SchoolRP is highly exemplary, evident by the regular and active participation in various RP activities. Ihave shown a consistent effort to contribute positively to the community, taking part in roleplays, events, and scenarios in a manner that aligns with the rules and guidelines. Also, my dedication to immersing myself in the RP world has been so impressive, ensuring that you're always available and ready to dive in once an opportunity arises. This level of commitment has not gone unnoticed by staff and other players within the SchoolRP community, who've commended you for my dedication and hard work. My impressive engagement with contributors and attention to detail are a true testament to your remarkable work ethic and passion for SchoolRP.

List your accounts and roles on this server:
[Main] Joetempz Grade 12 [Basketballer]
[ALT] tempzJoe Chef
[ALT] XxJONESYxX
Grade 9

Are you aware that inactivity can result in removal from the council?:
Yes, I am fully aware.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS
What is the student council and what do they do?:

A School Council is a representative group of students, teachers, and parents who work together to improve the school community. The main objective of a School Council is to provide a forum for all stakeholders to participate in the school decision-making and contribute to its development, growth, and success. The School Council at a typical school is usually made up of a diverse group of people, including students from different grade levels, teachers, administrators, members of the Parent-Teacher Association (PTA), and others who have a vested interest in the welfare of the school. The functions of a School Council vary from one school to another, but their roles and responsibilities typically include the following: 1. Developing policies and procedures: The School Council is responsible for developing and reviewing school policies and procedures, such as discipline policies, code of conduct, and hiring procedures for new teachers. 2. Identifying funding sources: The School Council works with school administrators to identify sources of funding for projects or programs to enhance the learning environment, such as technology upgrades, sports equipment, or music programs. 3. Enhancing community engagement: The School Council promotes community involvement and participation in school affairs by organizing open forums, public meetings, and other events. 4. Supporting student wellbeing: The School Council works with the school administration and teachers to identify and address issues related to student wellbeing, including mental health, bullying prevention, and academic support. 5. Encouraging student leadership: The School Council encourages student leadership by giving them a voice in school decision-making. Students are often elected to serve on the school council, and they actively participate in meetings and initiatives. Overall, the School Council plays a vital role in improving the school community and ensuring that all stakeholders have a say in the decision-making process. They work together to create meaningful changes that benefit the students, staff, and parents involved in the school.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):
As a faculty member, I have amassed a wealth of experience and knowledge in the field of school faculty and am fully conversant with all the rules and regulations that guide this profession. Although I am a Chef by training, my interest and passion for the work of a School Councilor has always been an inherent part of me. I have been fortunate to have friends who are serving councilors, and from their examples, I have drawn motivation and inspiration. When it comes to handling challenges and navigating chaos, I find that I am confident in my abilities to take decisive action and defend myself and others. As an individual, I have always valued the importance of effective communication, particularly the art of active listening. I believe that my amiable and inquisitive personality perfectly aligns with the role of a councilor. My interests and hobbies include problem-solving, and I am a firm believer in the power of hard work and effort to bring about peace in any situation. Regardless of any role I have had in the past, being a councilor has always been my true calling, and the admirable work of these councilors continues to inspire me!

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
I am aware of this yes!

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:

President:

The President leads meetings, ensures all council members are heard, and keeps them on track. A strong chairperson ensures the council works collaboratively, making it an effective body.

Vice President:
The Vice President supports the President and runs meetings in their absence. They also take on additional duties as required, making sure that the council always functions well.

Secretary:
The secretary is responsible for taking minutes of meetings and ensuring the minutes are accurate and filed. They also keep records up to date and provide copies to council members and relevant school staff. Their role is essential in preserving the school council’s memory and keeping track of important discussions and decisions.

Treasurer:
The treasurer manages the council's finances, maintains the accounts, and produces financial reports for the council meetings. They work closely with the school's administration to ensure proper bookkeeping, receipts, deposits, and disbursements. The treasurer’s work creates transparency and accountability, and helps the school council make informed fiscal decisions.

Council Member :
A councillor is an elected member of a local government body who represents and serves the interests of their constituents, makes decisions that affect the community, participates in council meetings and committees, contributes to the development and implementation of strategic plans, and engages with the wider community to promote the council's activities and initiatives. Or in shorter words, its a normal member of the council

IC SECTION
SCENARIOS

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?

When I approach the two girls who are in a heated conversation, I will first pause for a moment and listen to their exchange. I want to ensure that I do not jump into the situation without fully understanding the context. I will observe their body language, tone, and words carefully to gain insight into what triggered the confrontation. Once I have a better understanding of the situation, I will walk up to the two girls and politely insert myself in the conversation. Speaking calmly and firmly, I will explain that verbal harassment of any kind is not tolerated on school grounds or beyond. I will make it clear that such behavior is hurtful and unacceptable anywhere, and we must respect each other's feelings at all times. At the same time, I will emphasize that I do not intend to punish anyone and prefer to resolve the issue amicably. But, if the altercation continues, I will have to get faculty involved to take appropriate action.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?
Chasing after a student who is trying to escape disciplinary action is not an effective strategy. On the contrary, this is often precisely what such a student wants to happen. Instead, I would focus on gathering as many details and descriptions of the student's appearance as possible. With this information in mind, I would keep my calm and use my radio to communicate with other counselors and faculty members. I would describe the student using all relevant details and explain that I have already issued a detention notice. By informing the rest of the team, we can work together to ensure that the student is stopped and handed a detention slip if seen. This approach has the dual benefit of allowing me to maintain my composure and avoid escalating the situation while also increasing the likelihood of the student being caught and disciplined. If I were to encounter the student again, I would be sure to hand them a detention slip myself. In summary, remaining calm and utilizing effective communication channels is key when dealing with a student who is trying to evade disciplinary action. By working together as a team and sharing relevant information about the individual, we can ensure that the student is held accountable for their actions in a fair and effective manner.

There seems to be a councillor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?
If I encountered a situation where a counselor was abusing their powers and mistreating a peer, I would take a measured approach while ensuring that the student was safe and protected from further harm. Firstly, I would take some time to carefully observe the situation to gain all the relevant evidence. It is essential to have a thorough understanding of what has happened so that I can respond appropriately and avoid jumping to conclusions based on insufficient information. Once I had collected enough evidence, I would pull the counselor aside in a private space to address the situation. I would calmly but firmly remind them that their behavior violates rules and regulations and that they should never treat a peer in such a manner. It is essential to emphasize that their actions have consequences, which could negatively impact their career if reported. Next, I would sincerely apologize to the student for what they endured and ensure that the counselor apologizes as well. I would make it clear that this type of behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated under any circumstances. After everything is resolved, I would report the counselor's misconduct to the relevant authorities. Reporting ensures that the counselor is held accountable and that the necessary steps are taken to prevent such incidents from happening again.

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?
If I missed crucial information during a counseling meeting, I would take immediate steps to ensure that I fully understand the situation to avoid any potential issues down the line. The most important thing is honesty, so I would openly admit that there were facts or details that I did not catch and ask for clarification. To achieve this, I would seek out another counselor who attended the meeting to fill in the gaps in my knowledge. I would approach them with a respectful and positive attitude and express my desire to fully understand the situation so that I can help the student to the best of my ability. Rather than pretending to know everything, I would remain forthright and transparent throughout the process, recognizing that a simple miscommunication can have serious consequences. By asking questions and seeking clarification, I can avoid potential misunderstandings and work on providing effective solutions for the student.

A teacher/receptionist has told you that you are doing something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?
If I inadvertently acted in a disrespectful or inappropriate manner during any interaction with a teacher or receptionist, I would promptly offer a sincere apology for any offense caused. I would take full responsibility for my actions and make it clear that any missteps were due to a difference in training and not a lack of respect for the position of the teacher or receptionist. While offering my apology, I would clarify my perspective and explain the nature of my training. I would also express an eagerness to confirm any misunderstandings or doubts with the teacher or receptionist and would make arrangements to do so as soon as possible. In addition to speaking with the teacher or receptionist to clear up any misunderstandings, I would also bring the matter to my higher-ups and explain the situation in full. This would provide an opportunity to review the details of my training and determine if any adjustments are necessary. Throughout the process, it is imperative that I treat the teacher and receptionist with the utmost respect, recognizing their authority within the school setting. By demonstrating a willingness to learn, clarify any misunderstandings, and make necessary changes, I can ensure that all interactions are professional and positive moving forward.

Please provide atleast one detailed event that the council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more for one event):
Karakura, a melting pot of diverse backgrounds, is an ideal place to host a school food fair to celebrate the various cultures present within the student body. This innovative concept could serve as a platform for promoting cultural understanding and harmony among students and faculty. With a vast array of booths representing different cuisines and traditions, students would have the opportunity to learn and immerse themselves in cultures they were unfamiliar with before. As a self-proclaimed foodie, the thought of savoring delectable dishes from different cultures is an exciting prospect. The court yard and gymnasium could be transformed into a labyrinth of booths, each one representing a different culture, where students can sample diverse foods, prepared firsthand by their peers. Furthermore, this event could be used to foster unity and strengthen bonds among the students as they collaborate with others from their cultural backgrounds to prepare their favorite dishes together. To add a personal and unique touch to each booth, students could be encouraged to showcase a variety of cultural items that highlight the best aspects of their hometown. This could range from traditional clothing, handmade crafts, or even photographs that showcase their heritage. By doing this, students would gain a deeper appreciation of their culture, and this could also serve as a way to educate others. In conclusion, a school food fair is an exceptional way to celebrate the multiculturalism present in Karakura. Through this event, students can come together to appreciate and learn about the various cultures represented within their community. By fostering cultural understanding and goodwill, this event could be a catalyst for creating a closer-knit school community and promoting a harmonious environment. Not only do i think this is a good idea, I have asked others for there Opinions and they have said that its a great idea!

IC SECTION
SCENARIOS

Name:

Miu Celestiasume

Phone number:
030-575-2274

How would you describe your personality?:
For my personality, it is marked by a plethora of positive traits and admirable qualities. Known for my empathetic nature, I am always quick to identify and recognize the emotions and perspectives of those around me. My compassionate heart drives meto help and support others whenever I can, and I love to put others first instead of myself. Alongside Myempathy, I would say I possess a strong sense of resourcefulness and proactivity. I have a talent for recognizing the opportunities in challenges, and am a highly skilled at finding innovative and effective solutions to problems. My creativity and can-do attitude gives me a powerful edge, and I am always ready to take on new challenges and push myself to grow. Furthermore, I am unwavering ambition and determination inspire others to follow in my footsteps. I am highly motivated to achieve my goals and accomplish your dreams, and is unafraid to take risks and make bold moves to get where I would love to be. I would say my confidence and self-assurance serves me well in helping me to navigate tricky situations and speak up for myself and others. Despite my many strengths, you are also deeply attentive to my own areas for growth and improvement. I do recognize that nobody is perfect, and I am always striving to learn and develop new skills.

Appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):
So, I've created a new character, and at the time of writing, I don't have the base because I just ordered it. So, as soon as I have a picture of her, I'll update this post if I don't hear back on the application!

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
As a proud member of the school council, I believe that my unique set of skills and experiences separates me from other applicants seeking this position, as I am dedicated to working collaboratively with other council members, school administrators, teachers, and students to advance our shared goals of promoting a positive, inclusive, and supportive school climate, while also fostering a love for learning and a deep sense of school spirit and pride. First and foremost, I believe that my commitment to excellence and my strong work ethic will serve me well in my role as a council member, as I am deeply invested in upholding the highest standards of professionalism, integrity, and ethics in all of my work. Whether I am advocating for policies and programs that promote inclusivity and diversity, organizing school-wide events and activities, or collaborating with other council members on strategic planning and goal-setting, I am committed to working tirelessly to achieve our shared objectives and to deliver the best possible outcomes for the school community. In addition to my passion for excellence, I also bring a high level of creativity and innovation to my work on the council, as I am always eager to think outside of the box, to take risks, and to seize new opportunities to make a positive difference for our school community. Whether I am proposing new ideas for extracurricular programs, or spearheading new initiatives to enhance the school's physical environment, I am always looking for new and exciting ways to engage and inspire both students and staff members, and to help everyone to feel more connected, valued, and supported within our school. Moreover, I believe that my exceptional communication and interpersonal skills will be invaluable in my role as a council member, as I am well-equipped to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, to build strong relationships based on trust and mutual respect, and to facilitate open and honest dialogue about the issues that matter most to our school community. Whether I am speaking with students, parents, teachers, or other stakeholders, I am committed to being a compassionate, empathetic, and supportive listener, and to always putting myself in the shoes of others in order to better understand their needs, concerns, and aspirations. Ultimately, what separates me from other applicants seeking a position on the school council is my deep sense of dedication to serving the needs of the school community and my unwavering commitment to promoting excellence, creativity, inclusivity, and collaboration in all of my work. I believe that by working together with other council members, school administrators, teachers, and students, we can create a truly special and meaningful educational experience that reflects the unique strengths, talents, and aspirations of everyone in our school community.

Why do you want this position?:
I am highly interested in pursuing this counseling position and contributing to the overall success of my school community. One of the most compelling factors for me is the prospect of adopting a more structured and productive routine during school hours, which I feel will significantly enhance my academic performance and overall sense of fulfillment and purpose. As a dedicated and passionate individual, I am highly motivated to explore new opportunities to learn, grow, and challenge myself, and I believe that this position would provide an ideal platform for me to do just that. In addition to the personal benefits that I anticipate deriving from this role, I am deeply committed to working collaboratively with other council members to develop a diverse range of innovative and engaging activities and events that can help to build a stronger sense of engagement and community amongst students and faculty members alike. I believe that this is a crucial aspect of creating a supportive, inclusive, and thriving learning environment that fosters academic success and personal growth in all individuals. As part of this process, I am excited to listen carefully to the unique needs, interests, and ideas of all members of the school community, and to work tirelessly to develop solutions that respond to these various perspectives and priorities. Moreover, I am determined to work proactively to ensure that all students feel safe, accepted, and valued within the school environment, regardless of their background or individual circumstances. As a councilor, I would use my platform to promote and advocate for policies and initiatives that support diversity, equity, and inclusion, while also facilitating meaningful dialogue and communication between different groups within the school community. By doing so, I believe that we can build a stronger and more vibrant community that serves the needs of all students, faculty, and staff, and sets a high bar for academic excellence and personal growth.

What interests you the most about student council?:
As a school council member, one of the most exciting aspects of this position is the opportunity to shape the direction and culture of your school community in a meaningful way. Whether you are looking to make a tangible impact on your school's academic or extracurricular programs, or simply hoping to foster a more welcoming and inclusive environment, there are countless ways that I can contribute to the overall success and growth of your school. For example, I might be interested in advocating for new policies or programs that promote environmental sustainability, social justice, or mental health and wellness among students and staff members. Or, I might be eager to work with other council members to plan and host fun and engaging events, such as school dances, cultural festivals, or charity fundraisers, that bring the community together and foster a sense of unity and pride. Additionally, as a council member, I can play a vital role in ensuring that the voices and perspectives of all students are heard and recognized within the school community. Whether I am working to promote greater cultural diversity and inclusivity, or advocating for more resources and support for students with unique needs or challenges, my contributions can make a real difference in the lives of those around myself. Overall, serving as a school council member is one of the most rewarding and empowering experiences that I could possible can have as a student, and Im confident that I will find this position both challenging and fulfilling in equal measure.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
As a school council member, I believe that I have a unique opportunity to contribute to making the school a safe and fun environment by taking an active role in shaping policies and programs that promote inclusivity, mutual respect, and diversity, while also working collaboratively with other council members, teachers, and students to create a welcoming and supportive community within the school. Through my advocacy efforts, I aim to foster a sense of belonging among all students, by promoting a welcoming and supportive school climate in which everyone feels heard, valued, and appreciated. By advocating for programs that support mental health and wellness, and by working with school administrators to address issues like bullying, harassment, and discrimination, I hope to create a positive and inclusive atmosphere that fosters a sense of safety and security among students, while also promoting learning and academic success. Additionally, as a council member, I believe that I can contribute to making the school a fun environment by working with other council members and school leaders to organize events and activities that will engage students and promote school spirit. From organizing fun school-wide events like dances and cultural festivals, to working with teachers and staff members to bring new and innovative extracurricular programs to the school, I am committed to making the school a place where students can thrive academically, socially, and emotionally. Ultimately, I believe that my commitment to promoting inclusivity, respect, and diversity, combined with my passion for creating a fun and welcoming school environment, makes me well-suited for serving as a valuable member of the school council, and I am eager to contribute my ideas, insights, and energy to furthering these goals and aspirations in the years to come.

1696804508844.png

Last edited:

jaaaayla

Level 199
Council Lead
Jaeyla
Jaeyla
Fundraiser+
PENDING

You cannot be on a sports team while in Council. Please DM me @jawhyla on Discord, regarding what you choose to pick.

Users who are viewing this thread