mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

JustBeAMenace Shop Application | AFTERHOURS-Stay a little longer.

DontBeAMeance

Level 10
1791235296593.png
PLAYER INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft username?:

JustBeAMenace

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
_dontbeamenace

How old are you? (Optional):
22

What is your time zone?:
EST

Describe your activity on the server:
I've been playing SchoolRP since 2021, and as of this application I have a total playtime of 15 weeks, 6 days, 12 hours, 10 minutes and 45 seconds. I've been around long enough to see the server change a lot, and I've had time to experience SRP through different characters instead of staying in one lane the entire time.

My activity has gone up and down over the years because obviously real life comes first, but when I'm invested in something on SRP I put time into it. Right now I want something long-term that gives me a reason to be consistently active again. AFTERHOURS would be that project for me.

I understand Shopkeeper isn't just getting a tag and owning a building. Shopkeepers are expected to reach 12 openings per OOC month while managing stock, money, taxes, employees and the actual community around their shop. I'm prepared for that responsibility.

1791235309931.png

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes. I understand completely. If I'm given the role, it's my responsibility to stay active, communicate when something comes up and meet the faction requirements.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

ACCEPTED APPLICATIONS

• Performance arts Teacher Application — ACCEPTED



DENIED APPLICATIONS

• Doctor Application — Denied

• Economics Professor Application — Denied

• I.T. Teacher Application

• Sports Club Application




What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level):
[College][B]
Freddie Vance
[Grade-12
] Scott Summers
[Cat] Evil Larry
[Rat]
Stuart Little


SHOP INFORMATION

What shop are you applying for?:

AFTERHOURS — Restaurant

AFTERHOURS is a late-night diner and social restaurant. The main inspiration is that feeling of going somewhere to eat when everything else is winding down. Somewhere you go after a game, after work, after an event, on a date, or when you and your friends just aren't ready to call it a night yet.

The food matters, obviously, but I don't want the restaurant to only be about buying an item and walking back out. I want the actual restaurant to create RP.

"Where Karakura Ends Its Night."

Why do you want to become a Shopkeeper?:
I've been playing SRP since 2021, and after this much time I want to build something that isn't only about one character. I've done normal character RP for years. What interests me about Shopkeeper is being able to make something other players can actually become part of.

A restaurant gives people a reason to interact without forcing anything. Somebody can get their first job there. Two characters who have never met can end up sitting beside each other. A couple can have a date there. Somebody can have a meeting, argument, breakup, celebration or just sit around with friends after an event. That type of RP is what I want AFTERHOURS to create.

I also actually like the management part. I want to hire people, train them, decide who I can trust as management, plan openings, keep track of stock and money, and come up with events that make employees and customers want to come back.

Then there's Freddie Vance. AFTERHOURS fits where I want to take him as a character. Freddie has already had the College and sports side of his story, including time around both Bobcats and Spartans. I don't want to randomly write that he became successful one day. I want him to build something IC and see where it goes. If AFTERHOURS becomes known, Freddie becomes known with it. If it struggles, that's part of his story too.

What do you plan to do with your shop, and what makes it unique?:
The biggest thing is that I want AFTERHOURS to feel like an actual location instead of a vending machine with employees.

A normal customer should still be able to walk in, order food and leave. I'm not trying to force everybody into detailed restaurant RP. But for players who DO want to stay, there should always be something they can interact with.

THE COUNTER
The quickest way to eat. Customers can sit at the diner counter, order something, talk for a bit and leave whenever they want. This keeps the restaurant useful even for people who don't want a full sit-down experience.

THE DINER
This is the normal AFTERHOURS experience. A host or hostess seats customers and staff handle the table naturally with drinks, meals and desserts instead of treating every order like one quick transaction.

THE SOCIAL TABLE
A larger shared table for characters who come in alone and actually want to meet somebody. Sitting there would always be optional. If multiple people choose it, staff can seat them together and give simple conversation prompts when needed. It's basically a built-in reason for strangers to RP without forcing it.

BOOTH SEVEN
Booth Seven is the restaurant's unofficial private booth. There isn't going to be some fake story about somebody dying there fifty years ago. It's literally just Booth Seven.

Staff would know not to constantly interrupt people sitting there. What gives the booth a reputation would be whatever actually happens in RP: dates, breakups, apologies, arguments, business talks, confessions, meetings, whatever. I want its history to come from players instead of me writing one before the restaurant even exists.

THE MIDNIGHT MENU
Alongside the regular menu, AFTERHOURS would have a smaller rotating Midnight Menu. It gives regular customers something different every now and then without changing the whole restaurant.

Examples:
• The Vance Stack — signature pancake breakfast
• The 2AM Special — classic late-night breakfast combination
• Morning After — larger breakfast meal
• Night Shift — coffee and a lighter meal
• Bad Decision — ridiculously sweet dessert/breakfast combination
• Table for Two — meal combination made for two people

THE REGULAR SYSTEM
I want staff to pay attention to repeat customers. If somebody comes in constantly and orders the same thing, eventually an employee should be able to say something like, "Night Shift again?" or already know where they normally sit. It's a small detail but it makes a shop feel way more alive.

THE WALL OF NIGHTS
I don't want to write twenty years of fake AFTERHOURS history into an application. I want the restaurant to earn history.

Screenshots from openings, employees, events, funny moments and regular customers could slowly become part of the Wall of Nights where faction/build rules allow it. A year later, I'd rather look at something on that wall and know it actually happened.

What will you sell in your shop?:
The menu would mainly be late-night diner food, breakfast food, comfort food, desserts and drinks. The exact items would depend on what is available and approved through the Shop faction's restock system.

Breakfast / Diner:
• Pancakes
• Waffles
• Egg-based meals
• Breakfast combinations
• Other approved diner-style items

Comfort Food:
• Burgers
• Fries
• Sandwiches
• Available Japanese-inspired comfort dishes

Desserts:
• Cake
• Pie
• Ice cream
• Pastries
• Other available desserts

Drinks:
• Coffee
• Tea
• Juice
• Soda
• Milkshakes
• Other available non-alcoholic drinks

I don't want to throw random items onto the menu just because they're available. I'd rather keep the stock recognizable and make the menu actually fit the restaurant.

How many employees do you plan to have?:
I want a smaller staff that actually works instead of hiring twenty people and seeing half of them once.

OWNER / SHOPKEEPER [1/1]
Freddie Vance — JustBeAMenace

SUPERVISORS / MANAGERS [0/4]
Four trusted employees who can help run openings, organize the floor, handle smaller employee issues and keep service moving when I'm busy.

HOST / HOSTESS [0/7–9]
The main restaurant staff. Hosts and hostesses would greet customers, seat tables, take orders, serve customers and help with the different parts of the restaurant depending on the opening.

That puts the planned roster at around 12–14 people including me. I can always adjust that later if the restaurant genuinely needs more staff, but I'd rather build a reliable team first.


ADDITIONAL SHOP INFORMATION

What would a normal AFTERHOURS opening look like?:

I don't want every opening to be an event. Most nights should just feel like the restaurant is actually open.

I'd aim to have myself or one supervisor running the floor, with enough hosts/hostesses to cover the entrance, tables and counter without everybody standing in one giant group. Customers get greeted at the entrance and can choose regular dining, counter seating, the Social Table or ask about Booth Seven if it's available.

During slower openings, I'd rather let staff actually RP with customers than immediately close because the server isn't packed. Five people having good interactions is better than thirty people standing silently in a line.

How would hiring work?:
Hiring would start with a short OOC application so I know someone's IGN, Discord, timezone, availability and any previous ShopRP experience. People wouldn't need previous shop experience to get hired.

Applicants I like would then get an IC interview. I care more about somebody being active, mature enough to handle customers and actually fun to RP with than having a giant list of previous jobs.

New employees would be shown how seating works, how the menu works, what Booth Seven and the Social Table are for, how openings are handled and what I expect from them before I throw them into a packed opening.

How would promotions work?:
Nobody is getting supervisor just because they've been employed the longest.

I'd look at activity, reliability, RP quality, how they treat customers and other staff, whether they take initiative, whether they help newer employees and whether I can actually trust them with an opening.

If somebody has worked here for three months but barely shows up, that doesn't automatically put them above somebody who has been here one month and puts real effort into the restaurant.

What would the employee rules be?:
• Respect customers and coworkers.
• Follow SchoolRP and Shop faction rules.
• Don't steal from the restaurant.
• Don't intentionally ruin openings.
• Keep unnecessary OOC drama away from the shop.
• Wear the correct uniform when required.
• Tell management if you're going inactive.
• Don't abuse employee permissions.
• Ask if you're unsure instead of guessing.
• Remember that creating enjoyable RP matters more than rushing customers through the building.

What would the uniforms look like?:
[UNIFORM SECTION RESERVED]

The official AFTERHOURS uniforms are currently being made. Once they're finished, I will add the completed uniform images here along with a short breakdown of the Owner/Management and Host/Hostess variants.

I want them to match the restaurant instead of looking like random skins: dark neutral colors, the AFTERHOURS identity and small differences that make management recognizable without making them look like they work somewhere completely different.

What would the interior look like?:
The interior is a huge part of AFTERHOURS because every section of the restaurant is supposed to have an RP purpose.

The overall look would be a late-night diner mixed with a quieter city hangout. Dark wood, charcoal and black would make up most of the interior with warm cream lighting and deep-red accents. I want it dim enough to have the AFTERHOURS atmosphere without making it annoying to actually see or RP inside.

ENTRANCE / HOST STAND
Customers would first enter into a small host area. This gives employees somewhere to greet people and figure out whether they're going to the counter, normal dining, Social Table or Booth Seven instead of having everybody immediately run toward random seats.

THE COUNTER
A diner counter with stools would sit along one side of the restaurant. Behind it would be the service area with shelves, drinks and part of the kitchen visible. This is meant for faster customers and smaller conversations.

MAIN DINING FLOOR
The main floor would have mostly two-person and four-person tables. I don't want to cram every block with seating. There should be enough space for employees to move around and enough separation that every table doesn't feel like the same conversation.

BOOTH SEVEN
Booth Seven would be slightly separated from the busiest part of the dining room. It would use the same style as the rest of AFTERHOURS but have a little more privacy and its own small number marker. No giant sign explaining what it is. People should learn about it through RP.

THE SOCIAL TABLE
One larger communal table would have enough seats for solo customers who choose the Social Table. It needs to be visible and easy for staff to use without putting it directly in everybody's way.

AFTER DARK / EVENT SPACE
One section of the restaurant would stay flexible. On regular nights it can be additional seating or lounge space. During events it could become a small performance area, photo area, game space or whatever that night's concept needs.

WALL OF NIGHTS
One wall would intentionally have room to change over time. It starts simple. As AFTERHOURS actually develops history, memories from real openings and events can slowly be represented there where permitted.

KITCHEN / STAFF AREA
The kitchen should feel connected to the restaurant without customers standing inside the employee workspace. I'd like part of it visible from the counter, with a separate staff-only area for employees to organize before and during openings.

• Entrance / Host Stand
• Main Dining Floor
• Counter
• Booth Seven
• Social Table
• AFTER DARK Event Space
• Wall of Nights

The important part isn't just making the build look pretty for screenshots. Every area needs a reason to exist during RP.

What events would AFTERHOURS host?:

AFTER DARK

The signature AFTERHOURS event. These would happen less often than regular openings and focus more heavily on atmosphere and social RP. Depending on what is approved and available, an AFTER DARK night could have performers, restaurant games, special menus, collaborations, dress themes, seasonal decorations or late-night breakfast.

The whole point is that seeing "AFTER DARK TONIGHT" should mean something different than seeing "AFTERHOURS IS OPEN."

DINNER WITH A STRANGER
Players arrive individually and can voluntarily enter the event. Participating characters get randomly paired at tables with somebody they may not know and receive a few conversation prompts.

Maybe they become friends. Maybe they end up dating. Maybe they discover they absolutely hate each other. All three outcomes give people RP.

BOBCATS x SPARTANS NIGHT
Freddie has history with both sides, so AFTERHOURS isn't picking one team and pretending the other doesn't exist.

Current players, former players, friends and supporters from both Bobcats and Spartans could come through wearing their colors, eat, celebrate wins and joke about the rivalry somewhere outside the field.

"Bobcat or Spartan, both jerseys are welcome here."

TABLE FOR TWO
A date-night opening. Couples could get reserved seating, more involved table service and meal combinations intended for two. This would work especially well around Valentine's Day or other occasions.

THE LAST TABLE
Near the end of certain openings, I don't want to immediately kick everybody out the second business slows down. The last customers still there could get coffee, dessert and a quieter atmosphere while staff starts closing around them.

MIDNIGHT BREAKFAST
A full opening built around the breakfast side of AFTERHOURS. Pancakes, waffles, coffee and the Midnight Menu become the focus for the night. Simple event, but it fits the restaurant perfectly.

EMPLOYEE NIGHT / STAFF BONDING
Not every event has to be for customers. Every now and then I'd like to do smaller staff-focused nights so the employees actually know each other IC and OOC instead of only seeing each other while working.

SEASONAL AFTERHOURS
Halloween, winter, Valentine's Day and other seasonal openings could temporarily change decorations, menu specials and parts of the atmosphere without changing the restaurant's identity.

SHOP / COMMUNITY COLLABORATIONS
I'm completely open to working with other shops, reporters, performers, clubs, sports teams and community groups when it makes sense. I don't want AFTERHOURS living in its own bubble.

How would AFTERHOURS advertise?:
I want the advertisements to have a personality instead of copying and pasting "shop open" every time.

"It's 1 AM. You shouldn't be awake. We shouldn't be open. Yet here we are. AFTERHOURS is now serving."

"Tomorrow's problems can wait. Pancakes can't. AFTERHOURS is OPEN."

AFTER DARK:
"Karakura isn't sleeping yet. Neither are we. AFTER DARK begins now."

DINNER WITH A STRANGER:
"Come alone. Leave knowing somebody new. DINNER WITH A STRANGER begins tonight at AFTERHOURS."

BOBCATS x SPARTANS NIGHT:
"Bobcat or Spartan, both jerseys are welcome here. Rep your side, bring the rivalry, and come hungry."

What happens if an opening has low attendance?:
We stay open.

A quiet opening isn't automatically a bad opening. If five customers are actually getting good restaurant RP, I'd rather work with that than panic because there isn't a line out the door.

Afterward I'd look at when we opened, server population, advertising, other events happening at the same time and how frequently we've been opening. Then I'd adjust the next one instead of blaming customers.

How would you handle inactive employees?:
I'd talk to them first. People have jobs, school and real lives. Missing a couple openings isn't getting somebody fired.

If somebody repeatedly doesn't work, doesn't communicate and is basically taking a roster spot from somebody who wants it, they'd get warned and eventually removed.

What are your long-term goals for AFTERHOURS?:
I want AFTERHOURS to become recognizable because of what actually happens there, not because I wrote in this application that it's famous.

Somebody remembers having their first date there. Somebody remembers their first SRP job there. Somebody meets a friend at the Social Table. Two people have a terrible breakup in Booth Seven. Staff remember an AFTER DARK night that went crazy. Regulars eventually see themselves become part of the Wall of Nights.

Eventually I want somebody to say, "Meet me at AFTERHOURS," and the other character already knows exactly where they mean.

That's the reputation I want to earn.


EXTRA

Additional notes about your application:

I know this application is long, but I didn't want to submit "I want to own a restaurant" and leave it at that. If I'm asking for one of the limited Shopkeeper positions, I should be able to explain what I'm actually going to do with it.

I've played SRP since 2021 and I've had plenty of time to just play characters and enjoy the server normally. At this point, I want to put that time into something other people can be involved in too. That's really where AFTERHOURS comes from.

I'm not expecting every idea written here to work perfectly on day one. Some things might need to change because of faction rules, the building I'm given, available stock or just because players respond differently than I expected. I'm completely fine with that. I'd rather listen, adjust and make the restaurant better than hold onto an idea just because I wrote it in an application.

What I don't want to do is invent a legacy for AFTERHOURS before I even earn the role. I don't want to say Freddie is already some legendary businessman or that everybody in Karakura already knows the restaurant. If I'm accepted, we're starting at the beginning.

I want the employees, customers, events, stupid moments, good nights and bad nights to be what eventually gives AFTERHOURS its reputation.

So if I'm given the opportunity, that's what I'm asking for: the chance to build it for real.

Thank you for taking the time to read all of this and consider my application. Whether it's the normal diner experience, Booth Seven, AFTER DARK or something that hasn't even happened yet, I want AFTERHOURS to become somewhere people actually remember being.

Stay a little longer.

— JustBeAMenace / Freddie Vance

Do you have any questions?:
No questions at the moment. If anything in the application needs clarification or adjustment, I'm completely open to discussing it.​
 

Attachments

  • 1791235321001.png
    1791235321001.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top