mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Karakura Academics Online (Group Idea)

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
It wouldn't be like going from school to school, as in this isn't mandatory as I said and that also if you want to sign up and participate in the site you can, just like Onrain. And if the owners do like this idea I'm positive me and RandomlyAccepted can help out with making it, as I do know some coding myself and even if they don't want to do it themselves I might just do this idea myself and then show them the finish product and see if we can add it.

I still believe that people won't use it. especially the people who in HS because half of them sometimes new players. I still think it won't be if "I want" because if I look at the college you need to come to the classes, it's not an option. even if it will be if I want, nobody will use it because again, when we finish school the players won't want to come back again to 'school'. People coming to class when they bored, or they can to get reward token/ be popular around the school faculty, but when it will be more effort, people won't come or will do something.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
+1
If teachers are willing to take their time and effort to make customized google classrooms in order to make their lessons more dynamic and easier to comprehend, I fully agree with this suggestion

Laur

Level 39
You can but for assignments not test, how would you know who finished and who's it is?

Google forms can be used for that, assignments and tests. If you don’t want them to cheat on the test, just close it after your class is done and tell them they will get a 0 for not completing the test in time. As Hatola said, if you’re okay with some people not doing assignments and turning them in, then that’s fine by me to be honest. Though I think this is more of a personal thing you should do and ask the teacher faction lead if you can do it. Some teachers may not want to do it, some teachers may want to. Any who, I wish you the best of luck on this forums feedback post. (I do think this is a very cute idea, just a lot for the owners/staff members to create) I also think just teacher giving out regular grades is a good idea, as they already do it and it’s quite simple!

I know there is no grade book but, for hard committed SRP RPers this is perfect for them, since it would give an aspect of more than just going to a simple class and then doing nothing after it. Also if people don't care about they will just get a zero and I know people don't care about not getting a zero, but this would be also a great step for College classes and stuff, and maybe they could add grade books in and report cards just to give the school life a little more realistic. Also you never know something until you try it, so players might love it and players might hate it but to only figure that out is if you give it a chance. Like Onrain they made it yet not many people use it.

Personally, I still think it’s a little too much for me and maybe for others, Yes, I do understand that I could enjoy the idea of having a grade book or report cards, but the server has at least 150-200 players online a day. It would be quite difficult to implement the grade book system, since some of them are adults, pets, or don’t even go to classes.

Last edited:

greehn

Level 111
, you have to make classes very interactive and with test and homework
so you're saying to make classes more interactive, you have to give out assignments and homework? do you guys lack creativity or something? there are MUCH better ways of making classes more interactive without giving students homework.

This is just so we can get the people from different time zones
there are also better ways to tailor to those with different timezones without giving homework or even making a whole website that would just die in 2 days, like Onrain. Literally, just start hiring teachers from different timezones. I don't understand the effort being put in to try and tailor to other timezones, but pushing out assignments and tests that most likely just consist of questions taken from google and have no heart put into them.

It's just so we can get grades in and submit them.
yeah, so like real life?

but if they don't hand it in anywhere it's a Zero.
why are people getting graded or getting zeros if you're trying to say that this isn't "going from school to school." you're contradicting your own words here.

greehn

Level 111
Updates!!!
Okay so here are the updates about the whole site thing. Now this will most likely (hopefully) change your view on this if you are negative about it. So this site will only be used for College Students since it's mandatory for them to attend classes, get test homework and work done so they don't get any strikes or lose their college role. So another thing that will be added to the site is when exams come you can apply through the site for college with the exams, since we do not know how they will work yet and then they will review them and give you an accepted or denied. Again I made this whole idea so we don't got to use google classrooms and people make a new email so they don't show their IRL name and how to make it their RPName. Anyways so this will only be for College Students and faculty. Also this is so professors can have their own bulletins again, and we don't have to share as somethings tend to get lost in the bulletins making you have to scroll and scroll. Also this will help organize it very much with announcements from the Dean or Vice-Dean saying who has retired or quit, and who has been hired as a new professor and their subject and code. So hope this changes some of your mindsets on this.
if its only for college then it'll be more dead than onrain is lol....

i really do not see the point of this as you can literally just use the academics for most of the ideas you were trying to explain. (not a college student so idk if there are like class channels like there are for hs.)

although onrain was a cool idea, it was just more of a nuisance to log on to a clunky website and have to put a lot more effort into finding friends, posting statuses and whatever. people moved back to touko because it was a discord. it was much simpler to use, and didn't take a lot of effort to even post one message and talk to people

what i'm trying to say is just to find an alternative using a discord server. it'll be much easier for both the college students and teachers to find the work they need to do. no point of making a whole new website when the karakura academics discord can literally do all of this, and make it a lot more simpler.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+

As Highschool Teacher lead, I feel it necessary to go over and respond to this feedback with a little insight on how the teaching faction(s) themselves are currently running behind the scenes. I'll go point by point going over my opinion and how it'd be practical in terms of roleplay and overall experience for players.

Response to "What Is Karakura Academics Online?"
Karakura Academics Online, is a site that is like a google classroom type thing. The site will when you sign up for it will make you pick your school: College or High School. Once you put the school you are in, you will then insert your roleplay name. After all that is done, you will be given classroom codes from your teachers, either during classes or on their bulletins. There will be three tabs on the home page; Classes, Announcements, and Profile. With the classes tab, this is where you will have all the classes you wish to sign up for and attend. With the Announcements tab this is where school announcements, homework announcements, and upcoming test announcements will be held. Lastly the Profile Tab, is where you will be able to change your profile picture and some other personal details.
As @greehn has mentioned above: "We come home from school just to go to school again in Minecraft."; people play SRP to roleplay and enjoy themselves, not go back to school again

This idea overall of 'online classes' for SchoolRP completely takes away any roleplay value from the role; you apply for a role for the sole purpose of roleplaying with that role — people's motivations may be different in some cases, but bottom line is you'll have to roleplay the role whether your motivation is roleplay or money regardless . Additionally, the idea of having a "google classroom type of thing" mentioned in this point is effectively what the classroom bulletins are for. (Both Highschool & College have bulletins)

From the 2nd of March onwards, Highschool Teachers have been informed to make use of their bulletins; hosting in class assessments they've made themselves (no copy/pastes from outside websites) and grading them in the chat; this is not only to help SLT with the 'Student of the Month' system, but also for the upcoming Exams as student class participation will heavily impact a student's chances of getting into College. Furthermore, departments have their own syllabus for the new progression system and any work created and graded in class will be marked on the same grading system to avoid any confusion and to show us which student(s) have been participating the most in classrooms:

Response to "Why Did We Come Up With Karakura Academics Online?"
Time zones are a big issue well at least for me when doing test and homework, not everyone can turn it in on time that it is due, but with Karakura Academics Online that can change.
As another member of the community had mentioned in this feedback thread, @Alcidies and I are heavily interested in employing teachers & professors from diverse time zones to tackle this issue, however finding applicants and players willing to remain active with the role isn't always easier said as it is done.

Response to "Other Features"
With KAC it will also announce upcoming events like dances, bake sales, club meetings, tryouts and more. There will also be a section where students can find out what lunch will be for that day.
This is the sole purpose of #announcements in the Karakura Academic discord. As for club's their discords have their own announcement channels and systems to host club meetings watched over and reviewed by their faction leader (oph).

In conclusion, a lot of your ideas are great on paper, but SchoolRP at the end of the day is a Minecraft roleplaying server where most players come to escape reality. Both teaching factions' members play a fairly vital role in the activity within the school, a lot of students choose not to attend classes simply because they'd prefer to engage in a different kind of roleplay forcing assessments onto them would end up being more of a chore than anything else.

Extras
Both Teachers and Professors must make their classes engaging and somewhat interesting/fun for the players attending them. If a class is genuinely boring, feel free to contact either faction leader including evidence and the teacher's IGN and we'll look into it. (ICly, Karakura Academic discord is referred to as the school's "website")

tl;dr
What you're suggesting is pretty much the sole purpose of the bulletin board channels and the Academic discord itself; teachers can use these to assign extra assignments if they wish to, though that'd be completely up to them and wouldn't effect their 15 class quota or pay cheque.

Last edited:

Rebel

Level 53

I feel this is not needed and would make it more hectic as a former teacher myself this would make it more difficult to even do, you have to take into consideration that maybe some of the players cannot open the needed website due to maybe lag, the screen is too small, or they do not have another device to even look at it so in my opinion it’s a no.

Alcidies

Level 133
Alcidies
Alcidies
Rich

As the Professor Faction Lead, this entire suggestion to me is quite pointless as SchoolRP should remain inside the server not outside, With what @KimiNoUso mentioned along side @greehn, You don't come on SchoolRP to do more work as making such 'Google Classrooms' would just be lost track of and not everyone wishes to do more work as they have already real School they need to attend.

Making this idea is already defeating the purpose of Roleplaying, doing more work outside of the server for your character doesn't give you any Roleplay once so ever. There are already many 'outside forums / messaging services' such as Onrain and Touko which already take players characters outside of Roleplay

I spoke with the Teacher Faction lead while making this response as we both do agree on each others points.

Users who are viewing this thread