mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Keeping school grounds open during weekends

layzah

Level 45
layzah
layzah
Omega+
How can you guarantee that players will *not* enter the school to hide not only from the police department, but from GangRPers that are constantly hunting them down.
You cant, as with all other rules. However, if you have suspicion of them camping inside of school grounds while being hunted or manhunted, then simply do /help and ask if they're hiding in a safe-zone, and explain why they are not allowed to be if they are. Staff will usually tell them off and get them out of there, then you can continue your lil skirmish.

also +1

AshleeVajj

Level 2
+1
I want to be able to play baseball on the weekends... and since there are no public baseball fields outside of school, I can't do that.. So I think this is a great idea especially for those who want to practice sports in the school grounds on weekends.

Popo

Level 31
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
You cant, as with all other rules. However, if you have suspicion of them camping inside of school grounds while being hunted or manhunted, then simply do /help and ask if they're hiding in a safe-zone, and explain why they are not allowed to be if they are. Staff will usually tell them off and get them out of there, then you can continue your lil skirmish.
You can't technically force them out of school grounds if it's not an active manhunt. My point is that having school grounds open on the weekends whilst there's a wanted log on an individual or if they're avoiding criminals by hiding in a safe zone, can't really be defined as AvoidRP. In some cases, they can just go on the pretense that they're actively roleplaying with someone or a group of people to bypass your point itself. This isn't going to affect me, I don't even go after permissions nor do I even have a student slot to utilise. I am just trying to have the best benefits for the crime faction and the police department in check— as the police department would have to call the school hotline and get permission from the school leadership team to enter. I will remain leaning towards neutral / -1 on this suggestion.

SIMPL3Z

Level 100
Community Team
Lore Team
My point is that having school grounds open on the weekends whilst there's a wanted log on an individual or if they're avoiding criminals by hiding in a safe zone, can't really be defined as AvoidRP.
It can, and is. Especially if they are being hunted.

EDIT: I saw you quoted yonio, not a statement of ur own, my bad

ErikFinster

Level 115
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
+1
THis would be nice for Club Leaders when we want to have meetings in our clubroom but we are trapped outside of the gates because we dont have access to any of the doors(and have to eitehr ask a faculty member/Sport Captain/entering from the sewers)
I agree that this is especially interesting from a Club Management perspective!

+1

vix

Level 23
twothousands
twothousands
Notable
+1

especially the tutoring part, since it would absolutely provide more roleplay opportunities. the gates don't even have to be opened for that long, but at least for enough time for things to be done! yes, you can already get in, but not everyone knows how + it just seems like something nice to have overall

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
+1
Great idea!
As a journalist I find this to be nice to take photos of school grounds without a ton of students around. Good for weekend club meetings and fun sports events!

Arad

Level 12
What's your Minecraft Username?: YonioTheNacho
What's the title of your suggestion?: Keeping school grounds open during weekends

What's your suggestion?:
This suggestion aims to opening the school gates on Saturday and Sunday from 7:30 to 6:00 (I don't remember the closing time) for students and faculty to step in if they wish to roleplay. Note that it would not be mandatory to be inside school grounds, but players will still have the chance to step in during schooltime.

Some disclaimers:
- Players shouldn't be here if they're being manhunted by police or other players
- Suspended students, Adults, etc. aren't allowed inside regardless of the weekday
- Teachers aren't allowed to host class during this period, although they can still host private meetings or tutoring sessinos for roleplay purposes.
- Detention can't be handed out, although students should still fear suspension by School Faculty / Council Members
- Gates will still close once schooltime is over, meaning people won't be able to step in if it's past 6pm

How will this benefit the server and community?:
Many people struggle to find a place to roleplay with one another, and while it's true that plaza is one good place for that, it's not really successful in doing it. Allowing people to head in will promote roleplay by allowing team members to head in more easily if they wish to pull pranks, interact with one another, play their own sports, etc. without having to resort to cosmetics or silly workarounds.
-1 bad idea

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- Whilst this would be a great idea for some players such as Club Leads, we believe it may be confusing or boring for newer players who may not understand how the school system works as we already get players who ask us what time school is open (e.g. when classes are being held); visually this makes it much easier to understand. Alongside this, there are a few other downsides to this which some players have mentioned above for combat.​
- We will be giving Sports Teams and Club Leads access to open side doors for practices and club meets.​

Users who are viewing this thread