Not open for further replies.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

I agree with most of everyone else with this opinion. KPD should be AVOIDED. Tasing is no where near lethal either

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
GangRP doesn't need "buffs," small reminder that this is moreso a roleplay than your average fighting game. The removal of KPS is one of the reasons I even decided to stay in KPD, and tasing/arrests make no sense to gain kill permissions from; these are not lethal actions. As stated multiple times above, just play it smart and avoid the KPD. However, don't interpret that as 'commit crimes while cops are offline,' since that can be considered metagaming the tab list. What it means is play it smart and commit your crimes out of the eyes of KPD if you really don't want to get caught or have confrontation.

will!

Level 53
Community Team
Lore Team
lirically
lirically
Notable+

The reason for the downvote is pretty explanatory and I agree with the other downvoters on the fact that KPD should be avoided. I get that gangs may dislike the police force, and that they want to get rid of them, but in gang roleplay (using multiple people to commit crimes), as long as you plan things out right, you CAN prove a point. It's all about preparation and structure of how you go about it. I know that sometimes in-character preparation can go wrong, but that's the point.

You're risking your character's freedom when committing a crime, and it's realistic for the police to overpower criminals, especially considering the weapon choice in Karakura. Another thing, referencing the lethality of tasers; compared to getting shot, where a bullet may enter your character's body, being tased just entails your character being stunned. There's no permanent damage unless used in water, and that is SUCH a rare chance. Tasers, realistically, aren't as lethal as you may believe. Especially coming from an in-character perspective.

Infi

Level 133
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
KPD are like minecraft wardens. Not meant to be killed, rather avoided. However it is possible to kill a warden, though it is highly unlikely

Infi

Level 133
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Yonio you have a point but I got a question for you, is it really fair for kpd to have such an advantage against all gangrpers or bmd dealers with no exception? I'll also add that so many characters have had up to 1 or even 2 years of lore written behind them and rp'd in gangrp. The removal of kps doesn't apply for cops though. Cops can simply shoot an character because he had a weapon out and even if the shoot is not fatal I've seen people dying just cause ems did not arrive in time. That's not really my point though. My point is that gangrp has a huge disadvantage compared to police even though some people dedicate their whole sro career to it. I'm not saying of course that all gangrpers should have a huge buff but some specific roles require months of dedication to gangrp that should probably be rewarded.
Yes, yes it is fair. In the real world 90% of the time crime just doesn’t win. That needs to be understood among the crime community however don’t let it bring you and your gang down! Accept the challenge

vMadeira

Level 26
FlyRiceCakes
FlyRiceCakes
Omega
Stop trying to kill cops, they were trained to fight against criminals so of course they'll have more power than a 18 years old kid wielding a katana.
bruh how can I say my characters was a navy seal that killed osama bid laden like how tf u gon say that

vMadeira

Level 26
FlyRiceCakes
FlyRiceCakes
Omega
You have to know that there are many more criminals on the server than the police.
The purpose of KPD's design is to unilaterally crush crime. If the police be killed easy, the balance will be broken.
I don't want Karakura to become Los Santos.
there isnt balance to begin with really. Why can absolutely no way posses a firearm and obtain it through ic means. I don't think its fair that you can be found in the matter of 20 seconds because there is cameras all over the map

tobbby

Level 277
mrbug_
mrbug_
Rich

so you want 18-22 year olde (the majority) to be more powerful than 25+ year olds trained in combat and heavy physical activity..?

No it just doesnt make any sense

If you wanna hurt cops DO LORE
BE LIKE NYLU <33

HAVE A REASON

tobbby

Level 277
mrbug_
mrbug_
Rich
because there is cameras all over the map
This is realism in the works, the cities government are aware of the high crime rate and as any government would do, try to prevent it or at least catch those who’ve done it

Thats how cities work bruv

Kust because it is inconvenient doesnt mean that it should be gone
there are a lot of ways to commit crimes in front of cameras and not get caught anyways..

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
in my life on SRP, I've seen SO MANY gangrpers rule the streets without getting caught. It isn't uncommon now days to have characters that last a long time, its all about learned the system and playing the game. The amount of gangrpers that get ****y and don't wear masks anymore is crazy to me, then cry when they get caught. I've seen so many players get away with KPS and not even other gangs can touch them just because they learned how to play the game right.

Play it smarter plus it makes more interesting characters, they see more shit

Ecocide

Level 32
3Eco
3Eco
Omega+
(Refer to Yonio and Hira's responses)
but also KPD has been nerfed at least 7 times either this year or last year and we've learned to work with the new rules to handle all the situations gangrps do, we shouldn't be punished because gangrps refuse to get better and want things to be easier. Just be smarter plain and simple! also like yonio said KPD isn't your target we aren't another gang, go roleplay like you're supposed to with rival gangs not cops again its not our fault gangs aren't giving you anything interesting to work with.

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
in my life on SRP, I've seen SO MANY gangrpers rule the streets without getting caught. It isn't uncommon now days to have characters that last a long time, its all about learned the system and playing the game. The amount of gangrpers that get ****y and don't wear masks anymore is crazy to me, then cry when they get caught. I've seen so many players get away with KPS and not even other gangs can touch them just because they learned how to play the game right.

Play it smarter plus it makes more interesting characters, they see more shit
I agree with this, just play smarter if you gangrper don't want to get caught.

Lizalopod

Level 130
there isnt balance to begin with really. Why can absolutely no way posses a firearm and obtain it through ic means. I don't think its fair that you can be found in the matter of 20 seconds because there is cameras all over the map
Pro tip:
If you don't wanna get CCTV'd, don't run around in the range of CCTV cameras. Do your crime *away* from the CCTV cameras.

layzah

Level 45
layzah
layzah
Omega+

KPD overpowers criminals in every aspect, yes. However, it is also realistic for them to do so; Why you may ask? It is simply because Police Officers are highly trained for this purpose, which overpowers criminals in skill and strategy. You could get your character onto the same skill level as them by training through IC means. (I recommend joining Fight-club to gain them)

Lastly, why would you even want to kill a police officer? It's realistic to avoid them rather than rush with weapons when they have Glock-17s and tasers. Hence why every criminal runs away from cops in real life.

ImYourManMyles

Level 50
ImYourManMyles
ImYourManMyles
Omega
+1 MWAH MWAH MWAH PERFECTION I LOVE THIS IDEA, ESPECIALLY THE GAIN KPS FROM A TASE OR SOMETHING BECAUSE IF A COP TASES YOU, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET THEM BACK. (my opinion sorry if i sound psycho)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread