Level 9
heyitsgwendy
heyitsgwendy
Fundraiser
KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

heyitsgwendy
(Alts: heyitsnotgwendy, notheyitsgwendy)

Discord Name & Tag:
heyitsgwendy#0154

Previous bans:
I've never been banned before.

Describe your activity on the server:
I've been on SRP for over a year now, although there was a period of a couple months from August to November where I was either much less active or not active on SRP at all, due to issues stemming from moving countries. Ever since coming back to SRP in mid December I've been online for a minimum of an hour almost every day. I spent most of my time during that period on my Akihito Clan character, but since leaving I have been spending more time on my other characters and working to develop them more.

Which timezone are you in?
CET (GMT+1)

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
High School Student Council - Accepted
Akihito Clan (1st Application) - Accepted
EMS (Doctor) - Accepted
Caretaker - Denied
Akihito Clan (2nd Application) - Accepted
(Along with several character authorization applications)

What is your motivation for applying?:
I think that KPD is one of the most unique factions on the server, since it is one of the only factions that actively partakes in CombatRP, as well as one of the only ones I can think of that regularly interacts with almost every other faction on the server. Because of this, I think that being in KPD would open up a lot of interesting RP opportunities and allow me to interact with the other factions on the server more, which is my main motivation for applying. Additionally, I've spent quite a bit of time with CriminalRP on SRP, but I’ve never actually gotten the chance to see what it’s like being on the other side of the law. So, one of my other motivations is that I’d like be able to experience a new type of RP that I've never done before. Finally, during my time working with EMS I got to see more of how the KPD works and their interactions between themselves and other factions, and it just seemed like a really nice environment (at least during the time I was EMS, but I'd hope it's still like that), so I'd like to be able to experience that for myself.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
I haven't been a part of the KPD before, so I'll admit that my knowledge of the work they do is purely surface-level and I don't know a lot of specifics, but I'd imagine I'll be able to pick up on anything I don't know pretty quickly in training.

The KPD is made up of two divisions, the main division and the detective division. The main division consists of Police Lieutenants, Police Sergeants, Police Corporals, Patrol Officers, and Police Cadets, while the detective division consists of a Police Detective Superintendent, Police Detective Chief Inspectors, Police Detective Inspectors, and Police Detective Constables. Outside of the two divisions, there is also a Commissioner and a Police Captain.

A majority of the work the KPD does is related to preventing crimes from happening, stopping crimes that are already happening, and making sure the perpetrators of said crimes are brought to justice. All of this is done through a variety of procedures, some of which I've listed below.

Patrolling:
KPD officers will often go out and patrol the streets of Karakura, looking out for any crimes being committed, and hopefully stopping it if they do find any.

Responding to Emergency Calls:
Police officers have access to the 110 emergency hotline, which allows them to see when someone is calling for help. If a call is deemed to require police response, one or more officers will travel to the scene and attempt to resolve the situation. If needed, they may also work with EMS to respond to these calls.

Searches:
If someone is believed to have an illegal item on them, be it a weapon, prescription medication, etc, an officer can search them to try and find the illegal item. This can lead to the person being let go, detained for questioning, or arrested, depending on what is or isn't found. Additionally, if a criminal has been arrested, officers can obtain a warrant from a judge to search the criminal's residence for any further evidence against them.

Detaining for Questioning/Arrests:
If there is a solid reason for an officer to believe that a citizen was involved with or committed a crime, they can detain that citizen for further questioning. If there is definite evidence that a person has committed a crime, an officer can arrest them, bringing them to a jail cell. When a criminal is arrested, they can plead either guilty or not-guilty. If they plead guilty, bail will be posted a few days after, allowing them to walk free once it has been paid. If they plead not-guilty, they can wait in the jail until they are given a court case to challenge their charges.

Along with the procedures mentioned above, KPD officers are also provided with equipment to aid them in their pursuit of stopping crime. Different ranks are given different weapons, but at minimum all officers are provided with:
- A police baton, used to temporarily incapacitate criminals
- Police handcuffs, used to detain or arrest criminals
- A police radio, used to communicate with other officers and EMS workers
- A breathalyzer, used to measure the amount of alcohol in someone's breath, letting the officer see if a citizen has consumed
alcohol recently, and how much they have consumed, if they have.
- A police badge, used to identify them as an officer of the law
- An X26 taser, used as a more efficient method of incapacitating criminals, sends an electric shock into the body
- Riot gear, provides additional protection to the officer wearing it, in case of a dangerous situation

Obviously there is more to the KPD than just what I mentioned above, but those are some of the more prominent parts.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
Aside from the IC reasons of needing to stop crime in the city, OOCly, having a police presence on the server balances out the significant amount of CriminalRP by presenting an opposing force to the criminal world. Without a police force, the only thing gangs and criminal organizations in the city would have to work against would be each other, which can get boring after a while. The KPD functions as an overwhelming threat to the criminal underworld, which, in my opinion, makes CrimeRP more interesting.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
I do, although I will do my best to not give anyone a reason to demote me.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
I do, I am currently not in any other factions, so I'm more than able to put my all into this role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
I do.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Johanna Maria Meyer

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:
Female, She/Her

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Bachelor's of Science in Chemistry
Doctor of Medicine

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
"I am also proficient in German, more so than Japanese, since that is the language I was raised speaking. I do speak Japanese fluently, though."

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Johanna is a tall German woman, standing at 6'1". Her height and demeanor can seem rather intimidating to some when they first meet her, which she tends to capitalize on to get people to leave her alone if they are annoying her. She has dark blue eyes, and light blonde hair that she almost always keeps in a bun, out of her face. She always seems to smell of citrus perfume, with a faint undertone of rubbing alcohol, the scent seemingly having permeated every item of clothing she owns from her years spent as a doctor. Her wardrobe mostly consists of button-down shirts, sweaters, blouses, and patterned slacks.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
Johanna is very serious about her work, and she puts all her focus on her job when she is working, which can lead to her seeming cold to those who meet her while she is in her work-mindset. However, when she is off the job and enjoying her free time, she can be a very cheerful, bubbly person. She has been told by co-workers in the past that she almost seems like a completely different person when she's not working.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
When Johanna first started her work as a doctor back in Germany, she was overly prideful, and insisted that she could do all the work of her co-workers by herself. Needless to say, she was wrong, and she ended up learning a valuable, albeit harsh, lesson on the importance of teamwork. She did end up rebounding in the opposite direction for a while and refusing to do any work on her own, but that was when she was 26 and still fresh out of medical school. In the 13 years since then, she has managed to work her way back to a healthy medium, where she can accept that teamwork is necessary in some situations, but also work well on her own if the situation calls for it.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
"I would say it depends heavily on the circumstances I find myself in. If I am in a role where I know what I am doing and I am experienced with what is expected of that role, I would naturally see myself as more of a leader. However, if I was in a position where I have little to no experience, or I don't know what I'm doing, I would defer to the judgement of whoever was most senior or most knowledgable on the subject, which I suppose would make me more of a follower. To insist on being a leader in a position where you don't know what you are doing is simply foolish, and will likely end up getting someone hurt."

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
Johanna Maria Meyer was born to Emilia and Hans Meyer in Augsburg, Germany in 1983. Her parents got divorced when she was 10, but they still had an amicable relationship, so Johanna was still able to see them both regularly. Growing up, she always was fascinated with the human body, specifically how to treat various injuries. She had a small teddy bear named Herr Bär, or Mr. Bear in German, that she would pretend had different "wounds" so she could patch him up, and treat him.

This love of medicine evolved into her deciding to go medical school halfway through her undergraduate, when she was 20. Despite her being behind the other aspiring students in terms of preparation, her years of looking up different diseases and how to treat them mostly made up for the lost time. She fully dedicated herself to studying for the entrance exams, as much as she could while still pursuing her undergraduate, that is, and when the time to take them came, she passed and was accepted into medical school in Berlin. During her time at this school, she met her now ex-husband, Haruto.

Following her graduation, she acquired her Doctor of Medicine degree, and went to start her residency at a general hospital in Munich. She spent 5 years in her residency, and continued working for that hospital for 3 years following the completion of her residency. During this time she also got married to Haruto. After she had worked at that hospital for 3 years, when she was 34, Haruto received a job offer back home in Japan, and Johanna chose to move with him, despite having never travelled out of Germany before and only having a limited knowledge of Japanese.

They moved to a small apartment in Tokyo together, and Johanna was able to get a job at a local hospital, however she had to re-do parts of her residency to be able to acquire a medical license in Japan. They spent 5 years in Tokyo, but eventually both Haruto and Johanna realized that their marriage wasn't working, and they got a divorce. At this point, Johanna decided to move to out of Tokyo, as she didn't want to live with her now ex-husband, and rent prices were far too high to be feasible for someone to live on their own. However, she didn't want to move out of Japan, since that would mean having to re-do her residency for a third time. She eventually came across an ad about a small apartment available for rent in a town called Karakura, right next to a hospital, which also happened to have a job opening for a doctor. She felt it must have been fate, so she reached out to the person who put the ad out immediately, and was fully moved and settled in before the week was up. She then began the application process for the hospital, and was accepted into the position of Doctor.

Johanna spent several months at the hospital in Karakura, helping patients and doing what she loved most. A concerning trend began to emerge the longer she stayed, though, as she saw more and more brutal injures connected to criminal organizations and gangs. She did what she could to treat them and ensure they were alright, but it always felt like too little, too late. She was only ever able to do something about these people getting hurt after their injuries had already happened. So, despite having only ever considered a future in the medical field, Johanna quit her job as a doctor, and decided to apply to the Karakura Police Department. She couldn't just sit idly by while people were getting hurt, and if there was one place she could do something to prevent those injuries before they happened, the KPD was it.​

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

"No, bladed weapons of any type are illegal in Karakura, and will land you with a possession of illegal weaponry charge on your record if you're caught with them."

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
"Some of the items the pharmacy sells that do not require a prescription include cough syrup, wooden canes, paracetamol, eye patches, and surgical masks. Almost all medication requires a prescription, but medical items are a bit trickier to generalize. Some of them, like the wooden cane, are perfectly fine to own without a prescription, while others, like the white cane used by visually impaired individuals, aren't legal to own without a prescription."

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
"I would first ensure there is some sort of proof of their actions, most likely the footage from my body camera, as if I were to inform a higher-up of what they were doing without proof it would likely just lead to conflict and the offending officer not being brought to justice. The second I am certain there is proof of my co-worker's actions, I would move to put myself between the inmate and my co-worker. Hopefully, they would be less likely to hit me than the inmate, so they would calm down a bit. Once they are calm and nobody is in immediate danger, I would try to talk out their thought process with them, and see why they acted the way they did. Regardless of their reasoning, though, I would write up a report for a higher-up officer, since they committed a crime by assaulting an inmate."

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
"I would first use my radio to alert other officers to the situation and my location, so we don't end up with two officers being assaulted. Once that was confirmed, I would move in on the situation and try to de-escalate. The best case scenario would be getting the person who is assaulting the officer to calm down and back off without any force having to be used, but I would keep my taser on hand in case that's not possible. If the attacker continues after I've spoken with them, I'd bring my taser into view, and inform them that I would be using it on them if they didn't stop immediately. If they still didn't listen despite the warning, I would use the taser to force the attacker to stop. Of course, this is all assuming there are no lethal weapons present. If the attacker is using lethal weapons, or the second they pull out a lethal weapon, I would use my taser, no warning. Once lethal weapons are brought into the equation, the lives of all parties involved are at risk, and it's best to neutralize that situation as soon as possible."

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
"I would first gather as much information as possible about my co-worker's corruption. As I said before, simply going to higher-ups with no proof leads to a never-ending cycle of he said, she said. Once I have concrete proof that my co-worker is corrupt, I would report it straight to the commissioner. Aside from gathering basic proof, I would leave it up to the commissioner to decide how to handle it, as there could be extenuating circumstances I'm not aware of."

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
"I would reject the bribe, in no uncertain terms. I would also inform the person who attempted to bribe me that they will be facing a fine for trying to bribe an officer, along with the proper punishments for whatever other crimes they committed, if any."​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to unfortunately deny your application to join our faction.​

We appreciate your efforts and your motivation to join our faction, but
we have made this decision based on the following reason(s)

APPLICATION GUIDELINES
-
The main reason why we have decided to deny this application was because
you failed to comply with our pre-requirements to join the faction. These
pre-requirements can be found in our format thread (CLICK HERE).​

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (Yonio#5112) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread