Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

Jovawnist

Discord Name & Tag:

Jovan#7766

Previous bans:

One Week Ban for ERP in 2020

Describe your activity on the server:

I have taken a hiatus from SRP as I waited to get my own gaming setup, and therefore regain the ability to play SRP. I currently have three accounts, and primarily am on my College Masters account, as well as my first adult account. As of this moment I use the character I am applying with on my 'Jovahnist' account, but I wish to use him on my 'Jovawnist' account due to the fact it was the account I originally grinded the attributes for the KPD.

Since my return I have taken steps to relearn Gangrp, as well as pick up the new things that have been created since the last time I was on SRP.

Which timezone are you in?

MST

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
Denied - SamuelSeabury's Librarian Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
Denied - Nurse Application (SamuelSeaburyII) | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
Miko/Priestess Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
_Daitengu_ | Second Police Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server

What is your motivation for applying?:

I was previously a part of the KPD, and found it a highly enjoyable and rewarding faction of SchoolRP, and believe that with my own setup that I would be better able to commit to the role.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?

I believe that I possess a somewhat decent understanding of Police Work, from my time in 2021, though from what I can tell there are many changes and/or new things that have been introduced during the two year span. I believe I still have most of the memory on how certain scenarios are handled, and think that having previous experience with Police work first hand could help me progress through training.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?

I view SchoolRP as a sort of balance. Every single faction relies on another, if not more than one to be successful. Each faction interacts with eachother, and being unable to operate any given faction would sink the enjoyability of SchoolRP. This is what gives Police work importance when it comes to SchoolRP, since I would argue that GangRP is one of the most popular aspects of the server. Almost everyone who has spent even a small amount of time into SchoolRP will have a basic understanding of how it works, and many more will personally become involved in the different gangs or illegal activities that the crime faction has to offer. This is why the KPD is important to the community, as without police the interactions that would happen on a day to day basis would be a lot more streamlined, whereas with the KPD involved committing any given crime can have a lot more potential to create unique and memorable roleplay scenarios.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?

Yes, I understand.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?

Yes, and I am more than willing.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?

Yes

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Tohru Tachitsu

Character's age (if accepted):

36 (My account currently has the adult role)

Character's gender & pronouns:

Male - He/Him

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Masters

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
JSL, Spanish

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?

Tohru is distinguishable through his witty nature and ability to fit the needs of others. Before majoring in criminology following a tragic event with his friend, he had majored in Psychology, so through his experience with those classes he is better able to assess and understand the emotional and mental state of others, as well as the means to communicate and negotiate with others without being bound by his own emotions. From both his family, as well as his boyfriend, he is seen as an extremely level-headed person, preferring niceness ideally and a calm neutrality at worse.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?

During his work Tohru is vigilant, taking mental notes of almost anything that may be of use later. If on patrol he would rather look for subconscious signs such as body language or vocal inflections that may convey someone's true intents, rather than taking what they say at face value. This is not to say he is distrustful, as even if he does hold doubts of someone's story, he would still talk to them into confessing themselves, rather than outright declaring that he believed they were lying.

During a casual situation Tohru is a lot more relaxed. He enjoys telling cheesy dad jokes to get on his daughter's nerves, as well as flirting with his boyfriend as if they were still in their highschool days. He is noted to be extremely lighthearted and optimistic, aiming to constantly have something to do, whether that be to enjoy company with raccoons at the Monastery, or spending time learning how to better cook for his family.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?

He believes that having co-workers is a vital part of almost any occupation, and that teamwork is a good tool for almost any task. Tohru is a social person, so even if he believes that a situation does not require more than one person to complete, he will still offer help or try to be conveniently nearby incase help is requested at any point. Ideally, Tohru would like to have a work environment wherein his co-workers care for his success just as much as he does for theirs. He wants nothing more than mutual respect and admiration.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?

I see myself as a leader, as I believe I possess the ability to manage and operate more than just myself. I have a lot of room for innovation, and commonly like to offer my perspectives or ideas to potentially help the cause. Even if I am not in a leader position, I would still like to contribute in any way possible.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)

Growing up Tohru had a best friend named Masashi, their friendship was somewhat of an anomaly, as if someone were to meet each of them individually the two wouldn't seem to be good fits, as far as friends to. Tohru was quiet, reserved, and a anxiety ridden youth, while Masashi was the opposite, loud, obnoxious, and otherwise rowdy. The two had met through their parents, the likes of which were coworkers. They had grown up together from a young age and had somehow made the compelling personalities work. When the two were thirteen, Tohru had gone over to Masashi's house when Masashi's parents had invited the two over to enjoy some hot food during the cold winter. When Tohru arrived, it didn't take long for Masashi's excitement over some "cool place" he wanted to show Tohru to become apparent. Just as quickly as Tohru had arrived, Masashi had convinced him to get his layers back on and that he wanted to take him somewhere. Tohru was naturally hesitant, telling Masashi that the weather wasn't suitable for going out. Masashi assured Tohru that what he had to show him was worth it and added that it wasn't something he could show him another time. Hesitantly, Tohru had agreed to go with Masashi, as the two started on what Masashi had said was a 'short walk'. After forty minutes of continuous walking had happened, Tohru expressed his concern, telling Masashi that the two should go back. Masashi was less than impressed at Tohru's logic and began calling Tohru things such as a "scaredy cat" and "wuss". Although Tohru considered himself a reasonable person, the fear of being a "wuss" at thirteen pushed him to keep pushing on.
When the two of them had finally arrived at this supposed 'eighth wonder of the world' Tohru was somewhat disappointed to find it was a frozen over lake. Tohru had once again asked Masashi if the two of them could go home, but Masashi insisted that the two would walk on the ice. Tohru was once again hesitant to do it but did it after more 'playful' insults were thrown at him.

When the two had made it into the middle of the frozen lake, Tohru was clearly scared at the situation, beginning to have trembly knees, as well as feeling lightheaded. Tohru had expressed his want to go back to Masashi's house, with a lot less room for negotiation. He told Masashi that he was going to head back and that he could stay if he wanted. When Tohru had turned to leave Masashi had grabbed him by the shoulders and began shaking him. He was telling Tohru that he felt the ice cracking in an attempt to scare Tohru. Tohru, because of this, began feeling severely nauseous. He pleaded with Masashi to let him go, but Masashi couldn't be reasoned with. When Masashi started pretending he was going to jump, Tohru instinctively shoved Masashi back. Masashi would fall back, slipping and falling through the ice. Tohru, during these moments, froze. His mind failed him and he stood idle, his hands held up in fear. The only thing that had brought Tohru back to reality was the sounds of Masashi's cries for help, which lead to him frantically pulling his friend out of the freezing water. Tohru began apologizing profusely, a mix of fear and regret for what he had done blinding him to the severity of the situation. When Tohru had finally came to the realization that he was now responsible for getting Masashi and him back home, and furthermore, Masashi the help that he needed, his fear only heightened. He couldn't remember the way back and couldn't think of what he could do to make things better. He began taking off his heavy layers, wrapping them around his friend, all the while crying and apologizing to Masashi, who had at that point was unresponsive. Luckily for Tohru, both his and Masashi's parents had become concerned after noticing the two had been absent from the house for longer than thirty minutes and began searching for them. It didn't take long for Masashi's parents to locate the kids, as they were aware of the lake, and Masashi's seeming obsession with it. Once the two were located, it was only a matter of time before they were rushed to a hospital. Both of them had clear signs of hypothermia, but Masashi in particular was worse off between the two. The doctors had examined both Tohru and Masashi, before letting the two of them spend the night in the hospital before being checked once more in the morning, since at the time both were shaken up. When morning came the effects of the hypothermia became clear. Tohru had seemed fine and wasn't expected to suffer any long-lasting effects from the incident. Masashi, on the other hand had struggled to communicate with the doctors talking to him. He complained that his right ear wasn't hearing, and that it was hard to hear from his left. The doctors took time to look into Masashi's concerns and found that he had lost the ability to hear from his right, and his ability to hear out of his left was dramatically impaired, which was predicted to continually get worse until complete deafness. Masashi's parents were devastated by the news and questioned why Tohru had not suffered to the extent that their son had. The doctors explained that, from their understanding, that Tohru's help in covering Masashi up could have been what had kept him alive.

Masashi's parents struggled with ideas as to what they would do next. It was clear that having little to no hearing capability would impact their son's life, but they were at first unsure what they could do to compensate for this. Tohru's parents help bring the idea of having Masashi begin learning JSL, and happily agreed to have Tohru to do the same to 'help Masashi through his difficult times'. At first Tohru was upset at the arrangement, given the fact that he was not asked for his input, but realized that it was probably the least he could do for Masashi. He feared that his and Masashi's relationship was significantly impacted by what had happened and decided to willingly take JSL lessons with his friend. Tohru would then begin attending JSL lessons with Masashi three days every week and did his best to not only give his all during the lessons, but also study the material during his time off. Masashi was a lot less interested in the idea, his motivation sinking as time went on. Tohru had spent most of his time trying to motivate Masashi, beginning to spend more time with him and help him study. Although Masashi was not directly thankful for Tohru's efforts, his help did indeed allow Masashi to better learn JSL.
Tohru and Masashi would both gain fluency over JSL over the next three years, and had managed to not only fix their relationship, but make it stronger through their shared journey.

Almost as if some sort of coincidence, Masashi and Tohru had almost entirely swapped personalities during college, Masashi becoming a lot more reserved and hesitant to get involved in social activities, while Tohru had almost thrown away his college education in pursuit of the rowdy college life he learned from the movies growing up. Tohru had noticed Masashi's isolation and felt subconsciously guilty for it, feeling that he had stolen Masashi's teen and college years from him. He was upset that Masashi was less eager to experience the frat parties and social outings that he indulged in, and would eventually begin talking Masashi into coming along with him. For a while it seemed to work, Masashi becoming involved in more outings with Tohru and his friends, doing the stupid things that college kids do. After a few weeks Masashi would become less of a recluse. When the two of them had become legal drinking age Tohru was ecstatic, telling Masashi that they no longer had to stick to drinking with friends at one of their houses; and could now drink in an actual bar like grownups. Masashi was less than impressed with Tohru's excitement, but nonetheless agreed when Tohru implored Masashi to go out to drink with him and his usual friends. Although Tohru's selling point of going to a bar was that it would be 'totally grownup' of them, the night was anything but mature. Almost all of his friends got sickeningly drunk, apart from Masashi. Everyone who was involved was having a great time, apart from Masashi, who expressed his concerns with the excessive drinking. Tohru would do his best to calm down Masashi, until he was too drunk to sign his words correctly. Masashi would then try to convince Tohru that the two of them should head back to Tohru's house and chill for the rest of the night, but Tohru would simply sign, "Eat Shit Die". Masashi was only slightly upset at the rude statement, aiming more of his frustrations at the bar owners for not having cut them off when they were clearly already severely impaired. Nonetheless, Masashi would then give up on going back to Tohru's house, and would instead have to make the considerably longer walk to his own.

When Tohru had woken up he found himself on the ground next to his bed, with a skull splitting headache. He spent the next few early hours laying helplessly on his floor as he tried to nap off the remaining groggy feeling he had. After almost three hours he finally had the mental clarity to get up and check his phone. He began going through his messages with all his friends, laughing at some of the pictures and fearing for his reputation from others. The only person who had not had a message in his phone was Masashi, who he would immediately call. When Masashi didn't answer he got annoyed, and began spam calling him. After a few minutes of these failed attempts Tohru would decide to do a wellness check on Masashi, walking over to Masashi's apartment over the next thirty or so minutes. When he had gotten there it didn't take long for him to figure that Masashi was less than interesting in talking. Unfortunately for Masashi, Tohru was somewhat of a dedicated person, and would then resort to calling Masashi's mom. When Masashi's mom had answered her voice conveyed an almost shattered emotional state. Her voice had been worn out, and she spoke softly. Tohru asked Masashi's Mom if Masashi was responding to her. The phone would go silent for a moment, before Masashi's mother had responded.

She revealed to Tohru that Masashi had been stabbed and beaten during the night. She told Tohru that he was transported to the nearest hospital, and that he had to have an emergency brain surgery to alleviate the pressure on his brain that he had built up due to the hits to the head he had received. Masashi's mother had then informed Tohru that he had passed away earlier in the morning. Realizing that he slept through his friend's passing due to some stupid hangover struck him with severe guilt. He became choked up, and was unable to formulate the words to respond to Masashi's mom. After a lengthy amount of terrible silence, Tohru would hang up, before breaking down into tears infront of Masashi's door.

The whole event and unfortunate circumstances that had taken place that week had altered Tohru's brain chemistry. It was only after Masashi's funeral that Tohru realized he would be better to direct his sadness towards doing better, for Masashi's sake. He changed his major to Criminal Justice, hoping to do justice on Masashi's part, and hopefully be able to save lives as he was unable to do for his friend.​

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

You cannot, the only weapon that is legal to own being baseball bats, though openly carrying one is probable cause for a search, in which the baseball may still be confiscated.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription

Wooden Cane, Cough Syrup, Lactulose, Paracetamol, and eyepatches

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?

Directly intervene if safe to do so, and afterwards report the misconduct to a higherup.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?

Use the radio to alert other officers of the situation, as well as to request immediate backup if outnumbered. Then, depending on the situation, I would use the taser.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?

Privately report to the Commissioner, or to someone of higher authority.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?

I would apply a charge if able to (I don't believe there was a charge for bribery when I was last in the KPD)​

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to unfortunately deny your application to join our faction.​

We appreciate your efforts and your motivation to join our faction, but
we have made this decision based on the following reason(s)

COMPETITION
-
Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the
faction, we sometimes have to deny good applicants because there are
others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to
server reputation or due to the detail that was put to their application.

- A decisive factor that influences our decision is server reputation. We tend
to pick players who have been in the server for a while, and that have a
relatively clean history. We suggest applying for other factions / community
teams to improve how other players see you and boost your chances at
becoming part of our faction!​

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (Yonio#5112) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread