Discord Tag:
Yemi#2598

Do you have a working microphone?:
Yes! I do

Timezone & Country:
EST | USA

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):

Describe your activity on the server:
As a member of the School Roleplay community, I am able to say with complete confidence that I am a very active member compared to others. Due to the fact that I am currently enrolled in online classes, I am usually only concerned about completing my schoolwork when it comes to getting online. On weekends and during the week, I am usually available almost all day unless there is an emergency, or I am doing something out of the house with my boyfriend. No matter what happens, I am almost always available on Discord. My level of activity on both the school roleplay and discord server would be rated as eight out of ten. All of this may vary but If I ever have to get offline for an extended period of time, I will make an inactivity log accordingly.

APPLICATION INFORMATION

What position are you applying for?:

Lawyer

What is your motivation for applying?:
I am interested in being a lawyer for a number of reasons. There are many things that are run by the government that led me to think about applying for a position such as this, and I wouldn't just like to be a lawyer for the job, but also for the overall experience and the chance to participate in creative roleplay, which I am always looking for. I would love to have the opportunity to play the role of someone of such significance to politics and experience what they go through on a daily basis. This would give me a better understanding of what lawyers have to deal with. Having these kinds of experiences has the potential to be beneficial in the real world, no matter what I may decide to use them for in the future. Even so, I still find that I can become passionate about something like this type of work. There is nothing more thrilling to me than standing in the way of the oppressed and bringing justice to those who deserve it and to those who need to find a way out of a cell to be freed. The ability to organize and manage others is something I genuinely enjoy doing and find very fulfilling. In my experience, since I own a shop, being able to keep things organized is an extremely helpful skill to have in any position. Having a well-rounded approach makes it easier to stay up to date. I know I am able to do this with a lot of ease.

Besides the fact that I would like to experience things that I will be able to use outside of SRP, I also have another reason for doing so; I want to have the opportunity to make new friendships and meet other people who have similar interests to me. One of the things that makes me very excited is the fact that I get to speak with my peers on a regular basis. Teamwork is probably viewed as a positive feature of the job, and I am able to easily work as a team without any repercussions. There are a few people I know within the faction that I'd like to be involved with more, as it aids in building a stronger bond between us and piques interest in the roleplay, thus allowing me a greater opportunity to get to know them better.

With my application, I have more things to look forward to in the future, having the opportunity to create more character lore and having a fresh start with something completely different. It's refreshing to join a group with no idea of what the outcome will be except for how many benefits I stand to gain from being able to open up to those I have yet to meet and have the opportunity to socialize with them. Therefore, I am very committed to doing my best in order to fulfill this position due to the fact that I am a very passionate individual.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
I do believe I have a full understanding of the law and constitutional rights.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
There will be a lot of goals that I plan to accomplish for myself and my character throughout my career as a lawyer. These goals include developing my leadership skills, my organizational skills, and broadening my knowledge of the world of politics. In addition to that, I find that being able to defend those in need is something that really gives me something to improve upon, because it gives me an idea of what I need to work on whenever I stand up either for myself or for others. It gives me power and makes me feel like a leader to be able to stand up for those who are victims of injustice for people who cannot speak up for themselves and do not have a voice or are being entirely oppressed. Having the ability to speak up about things that people are concerned about, and to include those whose voices cannot reach the surface, gives me a sense of authority that I can use my voice to help those who are less fortunate. I want to be able to do that within the real world.

It would be great if I could have the same aspect in my own character, but I find that when I add aspects of myself to a character that I play, I am able to feel as though I am that character. The main goal of my character is to be seen as someone people can rely on, she's a very clear-headed and honest person, only wanting to do good for and help those around her, seeing that she has empathy for those who are unable to defend themselves, which could be seen as a role model. There is a goal I have for her that is not only to be seen as a person who can be counted on, but to be also seen as a person who is kind and softhearted, and who is highly respected by others. The purpose of this is to be able to help her grow into a better, stronger individual for her own benefit as well as that of those around her.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:
It is important for me to make it clear that the role I am applying for is one where someone defends clients who are undergoing criminal proceedings. This means that the defendants are provided with an attorney who will speak on their behalf. Lawyers have the fundamental goal of persuading the judge with evidence regarding the case, whether it's defending someone who has been caught redhanded and has to explain the evidence provided by the police, or defending someone who has been assaulted and is being defended by a certain individual. The role of an attorney can be divided into many different branches. These are just some examples I have seen performed ingame.

In addition to talking with the defendant personally and advising them on what to say and what to avoid mentioning in their case, lawyers also go out of their way to ensure that the defendant comes across as the innocent person without any guilt on their part. According to what I mentioned earlier, the attorney is expected to provide a different perspective from that of the plaintiff by speaking up and persuading the judge to view the investigation from a different standpoint.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
I do acknowledge these conditions.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
I completely understand.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
I understand!

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
I have read through and do agree with the rules.

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
I have free time all throughout the week, if I find myself becoming busy, I will make sure to let my higher ups know I am unable to attend.

IN CHARACTER SECTION

Full name:

Rei Kiyama

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
Ms.

Current age:

Date of birth:
9/16/1995

Academic Degree:
Masters

Major(s):
Criminal justice
Sociology

Minor(s):
Business
Queer Studies

Work experience:
During her first year of studies at the law school she was enrolled in, Rei had the opportunity to sit alone in a courtroom for the majority of the day. She was expected to deal with each case on her own, until the end of the day. The most valuable experience she gained from the law school was when she was able to become a member of a jury. As a result of this experience, she was able to witness firsthand how the people of the government react to the curtain pieces of evidence that are handed to them, as well as how they handle these curtain pieces of evidence. It was a privilege for her to be able to witness the way they dealt with a bloody knife from a murder scene. In the end, after spending time with the jury, she decided that the path of a lawyer would be a perfect fit for her. This is because she has already learned a lot about the position. However, Rei has not been able to work as an attorney in the past. Despite all of this knowledge, Rei still sought to ensure that she had the right skill set in order to perform the duties of a lawyer.

Political background:
"While politics never particularly interested me as a person growing up in a place like this, my interest was sparked after an incident with my former boyfriend. When I was eighteen years old my boyfriend and I got into a little skirmish over what star-crossed ‘lovers’ always get into fights about. But this time was different, this time was the day blood would be drawn and all that I had come to know about this nation’s law would be broken down into tiny little shards of razor edged glass for my soul to step in and cut lovely shapes into its flesh.

After a long debate with the police over what was and wasn’t considered physical abuse, I found myself taken to the back of a squad car, caged in a four-door cell with a plastic cot to comfort my backside while I was taken off to the station. The cop, as smug as he was, talked about how I shouldn’t have gotten myself into these kinds of things. That if I just followed the law and obeyed the police as a good Samaritan would, then I wouldn’t be in these tight cuffs that cut off the flow of blood from the hands that began to turn a shade of purple. I was thrown into a holding cell without even being given the chance to call a lawyer or explain my side of the story. Such injustices were common in the city, but never had I been on the receiving end of it. Everyone thinks they know how bad things really are until they are hit in the head full force with the cold metal baseball bat that we call ‘reality’.

My trial was short, the judge hadn’t been in the mood for it I suppose. Because forever breaking somebody’s life was just a normal Tuesday for people like him. Guess I wasn’t one to complain, it was only my criminal record on the line after all. The ‘evidence’ had been shown broken photographs, photos of our humble little place trashed after the conflict. My court-appointed lawyer requested for my wounds to be shown as evidence yet was swiftly rejected as “there is no way of telling how these wounds were inflicted.” As if this were some sort of lawsuit regarding food poisoning. No, my wounds were ignored by the court. Not long after my ‘lover’ was acquitted of all charges due to lack of evidence. As if it had not been enough to see that I had been hurt, my property damaged and my mind... Scattered. I was let free, but not without being sternly reprimanded for wasting the time of the court and police. The cruelty I felt that day was immeasurable, the injustice served was a dish that still makes me gag from time to time, as if it still lied within my stomach.

As I walked home, the evening rain pelted my clothes in a disgusting smell and drenched my body in a wetness that felt so filthy to me. I took three showers that night, and still left feeling as if I was covered in grime that would never fully peel from my skin. I sat down in my destroyed living room and took a look at a photo, a friend that I hadn’t seen in years ‘Maya’ or a name like that. I remembered her talking about wanting to become a lawyer... I wonder how that turned out. Then, I wondered how that would turn out for me. If court-appointed defenses could not even help with an open and shut case, what was there to stop me from actually helping with the lawlessness of this city? Well… then I thought to myself, ‘what really is stopping me’? I took a look at a phone book, one that I hadn’t picked up in months... Maybe even years and began to flip through the pages. ‘Karakura College’ a name that had stuck in the back of my head ever since I left high school. I reached for my cell phone and made a call, and next week I’d be placed in a seat that would forever change the course of my life.

Five years. That’s how long it would take for me to become a licensed lawyer. That was just a few more years than the long haul that was high school. But as the calendar began to flip pages and the months became years, I grew older and wiser and began to learn just how bad injustice was in such a horrific place. People really didn’t know what it was like to be on the receiving end of the law. It put you in a place with exit, a game that had no winners besides the one that decided your fate and then went home to their families none-the-wiser to the atrocities they had just willingly created by putting the wrong man behind steel bars in the big house full of people that wanted him. My goal had been to avoid putting the wrong people in that house, but as I flipped through the pages of the many piles of textbooks that piled on and on, my hope began to dim out, as if it were a lightbulb needing to be replaced. Thankfully, each ‘graduation’ that I attended reset my mind in a way that blanked out those pages. Only for me to find them again in a new set of educational media given to me for an inflated price the year following.

Five years. That’s how long I spent getting to the place I was at. And now that I’m here, I see nothing more than the bright door in front of me, leading me to a better place, a place that I must create for myself. A sanctuary that must be built by my own hands so that I may protect others from the injustice that I faced seven years ago. As I step through that door, I see his face one last time, smirking at me. He would take credit, wouldn’t he? Even if it was in the back of his mind. No, Rei Kiyama got here by her own willpower. And with that willpower would lead her to protecting the weak, the fragile, the innocent from being abused by not only their ‘loved’ ones, but the law itself."

Nationality & born location:
Japanese, born in Tokyo.

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
Japanese

Criminal record:
N/A

What makes you a good candidate for this job?

"It is very important to me that I am able to help others the right way, being able to help those who have been wronged. When I stood in front of that courtroom, I was not helped, and this led me to seek justice for my fellow peers and I am still standing strong for the justice I deserve, despite the fact that I was not helped when I was in a courtroom, I will never try anything but my hardest to bring everyone to where they should be. It is my desire to help those who are in need of help and who need to have their voices heard. As long as I have a voice inside me, I will always stand up for myself and for others when the time comes. My strength, as well as my down to earth nature, makes me an ideal candidate. As a lawyer, I am proficient at organizing times to speak with clients and being on time to present their case to the court room. I have the ability to remain professional and respectful, I have a passion for this position, and I have experience from my own personal experience. Throughout my research, I have read through all the rules and laws available to me under the constitution, and have taken a good deal of time to study everything I need to know. There is no doubt that I have the ability and willingness to work hard and serve whatever needs to be done."

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
REVIEWED

Thank you for applying for the Government Faction, after careful review, the higher ups and I have decided to ACCEPT this application. Please reach out to me on discord at oZinth#0001 to begin setting everything up.

Thank you for applying, feel free to DM me at oZinth#0001 if you have any questions/concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread