Level 0
KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

lazjj

Discord Name & Tag:

Lazjj#8979

Previous bans:
While being on SRP I have had a few bans, but that of course comes from being on the server as long as I have. I have made mistakes, and learned from them most of the ban most of these bans came from an ex-staff member. Each time I came back and worked harder to make sure it never happened again, and I plan on not getting another ban. It has been over a year since my last ban.

Describe your activity on the server:
Well, I came back to SRP a few months ago and my activity has fluctuated, As when I first came back I took on the role of receptionist so I was very active. Though once I left the school faculty my activity went down but as I’m once again applying for another important role, I will most likely start playing more often.

Which timezone are you in?
I’m currently Central Time (CT).

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/school-receptionist.50120/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/janitor-application.27069/ - Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/2nd-janitor-application.27117/ - Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-application.26252/ - Accepted

What is your motivation for applying?:

My motivation for applying is for experience, now I know there are many types of roleplaying experiences throughout the server. But, I've been through almost every other one besides being a part of the police faction. I wish to find a job that would be fun, and enjoyable towards myself, excluding School Jobs, As I’ve already been a part of the school faculty for a few months and wish to expand my a risen . I've been an adult on my own for a while now, and would like to switch it up with a job. As I was once a part of gangrp, I realized what the majority of the community has to deal with. I have had my time throughout it and wish to fend against most GangRPers. Now, knowing that this isn't a confirmed acceptance I will be open minded towards if denied and will work past it. But if accepted, I will tend towards the challenging and fun experience for the job.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?

Well, my knowledge comes from the past few years of playing and seeing cops do their normal duties. Though I’ve also talked with a few cops just to get the basic information needed to know what's going on and how I could better myself for becoming one.

Police Cadet:
This is the lowest rank within the KPD; I believe when you are in such a position it is your duty to study your higher-up so that you may improve and get better at the job it is that you do. Under such a position; you spend a large majority behind the desk. I believe this is very necessary for building up patience and distinguishing between who is fit for such a job and who is not. You will also be taken out by higher-ups to go on patrol; the biggest thing separating a cadet from every other position is that you may not leave both on your own and without being accompanied by a higher-up.

While you have such a rank it should be your top priority to improve wherever you can. You can do this both physically or by looking over your faults and searching for constructive criticism from your peers. In order to excel past this position - you have to take the cadet test which tests what you know and see whether or not you are prepared to move forward.

Patrol Officer:
The Patrol officer; the second position in which you can reach in the KPD after Cadet. You have no superiority over your fellow workers, and it is not officially your job but you should assist your cadets and peers however you can and still study and take in constructive criticism wherever it may be. You are still learning but you now have permission to patrol freely though you must request permission from a higher-up and preferably do such with a partner. So that you are safer and increase your odds should you be attacked. You will still hang around the front desk though so that you may help the people head-on should they request you.

Police Corporal:
A Police Corporal's job is the third position in which you can reach after becoming a patrol officer. You hold the same duties as a patrol officer; however, it is now a priority of yours to assist and to help the lower-ranked individuals so that they may improve. To call them out on their mistakes and to hold official training so that you may actually increase their skill level and not only bring up attributes but increase the quality of the work that they do. Should no other officers of a higher rank be on then you then become the highest-ranking officer and get a slim portion of say in some of the things your higher-ups would have normally passed. Such as allowing people to patrol.
Police Detective
A Detective is an investigator, usually a member of a law enforcement agency. They often collect information to solve crimes by talking to witnesses and informants, collecting physical evidence, or searching records in databases. This leads them to arrest criminals and enable them to be convicted in court. A detective may work in the office or out of the office depending on what they want to do.

Police Sergeant:
The Police Sergeant; the fifth position you reach after being a Corporal. You are now a more commanding officer and it is your duty to assist not only the Cadets and Patrol Officer's but the Corporals to ensure that they are doing their job not only efficiently but the right way. You have a lot more say in what goes around in the station than a Corporal and oversee the work of everyone when no other higher-ups are on.

Police Lieutenant:
The Police Lieutenant; the sixth position you reach after being a Sergeant. You now hold a lot more control over your peers and it is your duty to assist everyone - a lot similar to the Sergeant though they now oversee the work of the Sergeant and ensure they are doing their job correctly and to the best of their abilities.

Police Captain
The Police Captain; The seventh position you reach being a Sergeant. You Oversee, direct, and coordinate the work of lower lever staff select, supervise, and evaluate staff. Participate in the development and administration of decision goals, objectives, and procedures.

Police Commissioner:
This is the highest position in which you can reach in the KPD, and overlook the entirety of the KPD from the normal branch to the detective branch. They pass some of the larger decisions and get the most say in what comes and goes in the KPD. This is also the individual in charge of hiring the officer's and passing on who is fit and who is unfit for such a position as a police officer.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
The Police play a vital role in the community by providing services to all in need. They ensure the safety of their citizens with every action they make. They make sure that everyone is safe and away from danger, and make sure everyone is assisted to the best of their ability. They enforce the laws to everyone in the town and try their best to make sure everyone is obeying them. They are important because without them, more lives would be at stake and more criminals would be on the street causing great damage to the city. The Cops make sure everyone gets their equal rights and are there to make sure that people have someone to call when someone is harassing them or even physically abusing them.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?

Yes, I completely understand that I can be demoted at any time.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
I do understand that applying for Police Officer will need a lot of dedication and time. I am willing to do that, and will be 100% dedicated to the role as it’s something I’ve wanted to do for a long time now.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
I do acknowledge that if training is being held while online then I am to attend. I completely understand that failure to do so will result in punishment. Which is completely understandable as training is very important, to becoming the best you can be as a police officer.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:
Charles R. McCauley

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:

Male and he/him pronouns.

Character's Academic Background

(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):
Masters in Psychology and Criminal Justice.

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
French.

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Charles is a French male who stands at 6’3. His blue eyes would have a soft gaze to them, as it looked like he always had a kind expression just through how his eyes were. You would notice coco brown colored hair, that would be fluffy and always had some type of volume through it. He would have a mesomorphic body type, not necessarily overweight but not overly muscular at the same time. He has an older look to his appearance and may have a more serious undertone to his face. Nonetheless he always showed respect, and spoke in a calm voice. He wasn’t easily angered, but his expression would always make people think otherwise.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?

On the job - When on the job Charles will always respect his co-workers and treat them with kindness. This doesn’t just stop at his co-worker but citizens also, and even the criminals he could be arresting. Charles always believes that no matter what, everyone deserves a sort of respect as human beings. He acts serious, when it comes to the situation and how it should be handled. If he was doing work inside the police station like answering questions that people ask him, then he wouldn’t be as serious on patrol is a whole other story. He doesn’t want to make any mistakes on patrol, so he would keep a serious demeanor.
Off the job - When off the job, Charles isn’t as different. He is more of a family guy when he isn’t on the job. You will most likely catch him with his nephew and nieces. He loves kids, and has none of his own at the moment so he treats his sister's kids the best he can. Especially since he is one of the only male figures they have along with his sister and other brother, which he isn't related to. He always treats anyone with respect, even if they don’t deserve it.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Charles has a respect for his co-workers, and usually finds himself striving to be better at what he does. His co-workers give that inspiration to do better, it helps push himself to do better at the job. He also knows most of his co-workers would have worked longer than him, which would just make him look up to them more. No matter the position one of his co-workers work, even if they are a fellow trainee he will still show them respect at all times. His outlook on teamwork is that he needs it. He knows that he can’t do everything by himself so he thrives off teamwork.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
Charles sees himself as both, depending on the situation at hand. Charles if the time came would step up in a situation if it came to that, but he trusts peoples judgment when especially if it is co-workers. He prefers to be more of a follower but he still has to trust the person and what they are doing. If he agrees with it, he will follow the person willingly but if he had to step up in a situation, where he didn't agree then he would.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
Charles McCauley born and raised in Paris , France. As a child Charles was very dedicated to all the tasks his parents gave him. Though they were always disciplining him if he made a simple mistake. As a child he thought everyone dealt with their parents abusing him , with this in mind he tried his absolute hardest to never fail in front of his parents eyes especially not his father. Once he got older things were starting to look better even if he had to work at his fathers butcher shop. At the shop, Charles learned many life lessons including if you fail once keep going at it until you no longer fail. His father never really punished him at the shop because he knew that his son needed to learn and didn't want him to be even more stressed causing him to fail even worse than he normally would. Even with his hard work his father decided to move him to the front office where he could deal with people who hated the product. His father for once was proud that he was making an impact on his company , and Charles also got the chance to experience a change in lifestyle for once but that soon ended as his father started to drink and abuse him more than he was before.

Once Charles turned 18, he started thinking about his future and where he wanted to raise a family. Though Paris was a beautiful city he didn't really care for it as much as many beloved French did. Charles had an idea about moving to a different country in fact , one where he didn't have to worry about making money and one he could grow old in and would never have to adventure outside of the city. Browsing online he decided to move to Karakura, Japan. Though Charles didn't have a lot of money he had just enough to move there. Once he arrived in Karakura he asked quite a lot of people if there were any openings at any of the local schools. Once he heard the local high school was taking applicants , he immediately thought back to when his parents said " Charles you'll never be anything more than just a simple old Butcher, living paycheck to paycheck". After thinking for a bit he decided to give it a shot because he thought "even if I didn't get accepted there is still time for me to improve and give it a shot once more". Charles then gave it a shot and decided to write an application, he thought long and hard about it for nights deciding whether it was good enough. Until one day, He decided to just jot everything he was thinking and eventually formed a semi-decent application that could possibly get him accepted. After Charles was accepted into the school faculty he worked his ass off for the next couple of months. He tried his hardest to make sure kids were getting to class on time and though it wasn’t his job , he still wanted to make sure the kids felt like home at the school so he would listen to their problems and would attempt to solve them to his best ability. Though once he resigned from the faculty , he decided not to work for the next couple of months and those were his hardest and darkest days as he had nothing to look forward to. Charles decided to become one of the newest cadets in the Karakura Police department.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, pocket knives are not something that can legally be owned by a citizen of Karakura. Owning a pocket knife, would be something that gets you arrested for minor weaponry, and could be a cause of a bigger charge if it was used or more weapons would be on the person.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription

There are a few medical items that don’t need a prescription. Five items that can be purchased without a prescription are cough syrup, walking cane, birth control, bandaid and eye patch. All these items have their own uses, and benefits.
Cough Syrup - This is used by people who typically have a dry, itchy and cough. This item is used to help with these symptoms and lessen them.

Walking Cane - This used for people who have difficulty walking, could possibly from mental trauma or physical trauma that happened to the leg either giving a limp. It can also be used by people who are blind, so they can feel where they are going with it and if someone is in front of them.

Birth Control - This item is used for people with uterus who are trying to prevent a pregnancy from happening, also sometimes it is used for periods to reduce the pain of them.

Bandaids - Bandaids are used to protect a smaller cut, scap etc from getting infected.

Eye Patch - An eye patch is usually used to cover an eye that has been removed, or healing.

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
This is something as police we shouldn’t do as it is an abuse of power. If this was ever to happen, and I happened to be a witness, the first thing I would do is get proof of what was happening, as my words alone aren’t enough to back up an accusation like this. After getting evidence, such as a video or photo more likely a photo since it would be quicker. This would also give more time to act on the situation. The next thing I would do is get the officer away from the prisoner, or get the prisoner out of the situation and in another cell. I would also call for EMS, in case the prisoner had gotten hurt in the process. Then after the situation had ended, I would go to a person in a higher power and provide the evidence I had gotten.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
If I were to see a co-worker getting assaulted, there are a few circumstances that would need to be considered. First how many people there are, and if backup should be called before stepping in. If it had been one person, then I would step in and begin to help the co-worker. In a bigger group, first I would radio for backup and then afterwards I would step in to help to the best of my abilities.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
This would come as a shock, but not surprising that it does happen. If I found out, I would take it to other co-workers, which would be people in higher power and tell them what I have found out. This of course most likely would not be enough, as unless I have solid proof of this It would be a rash accusation to take. So I would try to find evidence before I took it to people in higher power. I would tell trusted co-workers and have them watch out, but not take any action on it till proof is given

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
If a criminal was trying to bribe me, no matter how tempting the amount could be. I would decline their bribe, and tell them that if they continue with that they would receive a fine or even possible jail time for bribing a police officer. This is not something that should be taken lightly, as it can be a very serious matter and also depends on exactly what they are trying to bribe me for. That offense, and the one of trying to bribe a police officer could be another charge added.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying for KPD. Unfortunately, the higher-up team and I
have decided to deny this application. Most times it is simply due to the fact that
there are more suitable applicants, so feel free to give it another shot on the next cadet wave!​

Users who are viewing this thread