What is your Minecraft username?:
TheRomanticGuy

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
ThatRomanticSongWriter#6277

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:

MDT

Describe your activity on the server:
I have been becoming more active now that school has finished and i am able to spend my free time playing SRP. I am attempting to become more active of forums and if I were to rate my activity overall I would say an 8/10.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
Yes, although it has been a few years and I have learned my lesson.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I completely understand.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
Librarian

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
Librarians assist students in locating and selecting desired or needed books, periodicals, pamphlets, materials, or technology support. They also instruct students in library science, appropriate student behavior, and use of technology. They can also oversee the selection, organization, and distribution of materials and equipment. Librarians also coordinate community programs that increase library awareness while evaluating inventory needs for new technologies within their local system. They are also great at helping students with finding any material they need in order to succeed.
What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
Before I joined srp I played Roblox around 7 years ago, along with Animal jam. I would always roleplay as a teacher or a professor, teaching my favorite subject. Unless those roles were taken away or unavailable i would become a librarian as I love books.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.45418/ Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/elyon-cafe-bar-application.44424/ Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-app.43721/ Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/third-lang-2.43710/ Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/third-lang-spot-app.43675/ Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/art-history-prof-app-thatromanticguy.49477/ Accepted

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

College, Masters

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
First, Mr. Zion would mention the student attitude, warning them about their language, and tell that they should not be acting this way as it is very disrespectful even to other students. Then he would give warning which will lead to a radio call about the student, either to a higher up or someone who is able to deal with the individual such as a teacher or professor. If they proceed to argue then he would attempt to calm them down in a calm manner to the student.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Mr. Zion would separate the students and calm them down and while doing so I would radio a co-worker or ask a nurse if they could assist me into separating the students and finding out what was happening. Until SLT would arrive I would be Mr. Zion and his co-worker would be doing their best to keep the students separated and check for any major injuries. Once SLT arrived we would hand the situation over to them.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Mr. Zion would radio over to the co-worker talking to them in a calm conversation bout their actions and how it may y affect them and the others around them, such as students. He would not make a serious report to them for what they had done even though they made a extreme mistake and it may put their job at risk and possibility of getting fired. Lastly, he would report it to a higher up such as the VP, VD, so on and so forth.
When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
Mr. Zion enjoyed talking to other people despite his rather unapproachable appearance. He would often ask his co-workers about their evening or how their day was going. Zion always had a calm tone while speaking to others as they would do the same. On occasions he would buy everyone a drink of their wish such as coffee, tea, or water in order to show his gratitude towards others. Although he is not one for conversations, he would at least try to have a conversation with his fellow co-workers every now and then. Otherwise in the break room he would be working on whatever needed to be done without bothering others.
Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
would sort through the books, organizing them by genre. He would quietly push his chair out and walked out of the room to put the books away. He would then head back to his desk and pull his chair back in, opening a book on Art history and starts reading waiting for a student to come up.
/me would put his book away as he had a smile on his face greeting the student: 'Hello, do you need a card, help finding a book, or returning a book?' He then assisted the student in need. Once that was done he took his book out, opened it and started to read again.
/me walked into the room with a smile on his face and coffee in his hand as he greeted his co-workers: 'Hello and good morning! How was everyone's evening?' He asks as he sat down in his chair unpacking all of the things he needs as they respond. 'Well I hope everyone got a good nights rest and lets try to make today a great day!' He then pulls out his book and starts to read as he sips his coffee.

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only):
Arkaere Zion Elyon
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr
Preferred Name:
Ark, Mr.Zion, Mr.Elyon

Age (Minimum is 25):
Religious Denomination:
Atheist
Marital Status:
Single

Academic Degree:
Masters Degree
Year of Graduation:
Major(s):
Education
Minors:
Literature

Nationality:
Greek, Russian
Current Location:
Karakura, Japan
Native Languages:
Greek, Russian
Other Languages:
French, Japanese

Backstory
Arkaere Zion-Zawadi Elyon was born in Kasmiov, Russia with his mother and father at the time. While he was growing up he did not have much of a childhood, he was often alone or locked up in his room as Kasmiov was a small, poor town. Over the years his father developed a drinking problem which led to his death in 1997, seven years after Ark was born. A year later in 1998 Ark and his mother moved to Greece where he stayed and slowly developed a love for books. Through out the years he would attend school acting as a part-time librarian for the schools they had, helping them find the books they need or encouraging them to read some books. That was till he turned 18, his mother died and he moved to Japan to start a new life. He was then adopted by Adonis Elyon who was a professor and would assist him with his homework. He attended his last year of high school and graduated into college where he would often be found in the library reading when he was not attending classes. He would participate in literature classes which would allow him to understand and help his classmates understand what they were doing in class. Once he got his masters degree, he started looking for available jobs as a school employee specifically a librarian and applied to once again become a librarian.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
I have been wanting to apply for 6 years. I’ve always been interested in Art or Literature. For now Literature is a topic that I'm very passionate about and I would like to assist students who enjoy literature as well. Not only would I enjoy helping others, it will also allow me to gain more roleplay experience. I am not an extroverted person really, but when it comes to literature that is something I feel very passionate about and I would like to help others realize that they enjoy literature whether it be reading or writing. After attending college classes for 3-4 years on SRP I've come to admire what Librarians do and that has inspired me to help and encourage students to involve themselves with literature. I also want to be able to support my ic family with money and a place to live.
Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
As a Professor.
Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I do not think that i should be accepted over other applicants as everyone has the same option of getting this job. I do think that I should be accepted as i will put effort into this job and take responsibility of doing so. I will also show my love for this job and go into great efforts to do the job well. As I am well organized it should be a great help to myself, students, and co-workers. I am well with communicating with others and i think that communication is a great skill to have. I do have a little bit of school experience and i enjoy being able to explore more opportunities to expand my knowledge on different roles and such.
Extra
I will be out of town from Saturday to the 31 as I am going to Hawaii. I do plan on getting back on as soon as I am home.
Additional notes about your application:
Do you have any questions?:

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Pending

- You have a great application! Unfortunately, we don't have any spots at the moment but whenever this changes I'll review this application again!
- If you ever decide to remove this application change the title to [REMOVE]

If you have any questions don't hesitate to DM me - mariav#6666

Users who are viewing this thread