Yes I have a microphone and comfortable speaking if it is needed

How old are you? (Optional):
I am 18 years old

What is your time zone?:
Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I acknowledge that if I am inactive, I will be demoted

Describe your activity on the server:
I'm on everyday of the week after school for four hours or more, and on the weekends I am on for around ten or more hours per day. In these hours, I usually run around with friends throwing crimerp in the mix of it. Ended with me building in my home working on designs to see what looks best or just enjoying classes in school and overall just having a good time. Some other activities I was involved in Bonten gang activity and management as well before eventually disbanding, and I am currently working at fight club. I worked as a judge so I have some activity in the government while also providing help where is needed in the black market by being a black market associate. More recently I have joined the bobcat football team and have been having a lot of fun spending time and doing things with my team

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
[Grade 12] [Football] Connie Sanders
[College] [B] Bai Yun

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I.T.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I have worked in a faction in the past, it was the government faction and I enjoyed it very much. Sadly I wasn’t active during my time there because of things I had going on oocly so I was eventually removed from the faction. After some time, I have thought about my activity on the server and believe I am very active on the server and don’t believe anything will change that as of right now. I enjoy the roleplay and experience a faction has shown to me and wish to return to such things.

I believe the school faculty is one of the most open and flexible factions and a faction I believe will help me succeed as a player but a faction that will allow me to help other succeed as well. I would enjoy to help people improve their skills and knowledge. I think that I can do that by teaching. Giving students interactive assignments that better their knowledge and understanding of the world and I.T. The faction has proven to intrigue me from the lessons teacher teach to the roleplay I have experienced with teachers. Hearing great things about the faction and the higher ups. This is a faction I think will suit me very well compared to other. I’m motivated to help so many people and better myself and can’t wait for the opportunity to show my dedication and want to teach the players of SchoolRP.

Currently I am on the highschool male football team so I have role played with the school faculty in many different and various ways. I always have found it enjoyable to speak to them and have found them and their characters interesting. I have wondered how it is on the flip side of things, meaning as a teacher compared to being a student. Their interesting and kind ways have gave me the motivation to apply and join them, as they seem like great people and a faction I would love to be apart of.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
I understand that if accepted, I will receive the teacher role of UT and will need to undergo teacher training

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher class logs are a way to keep track of the amount of classes one has hosted. These logs will help with quota so you and your higher ups know if you have achieved the correct amount of classes hosted to receive your quota for that month. It also helps prove activity.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
1. Do not be disruptive. Raise your hand before you speak and don’t yell. You are here to learn, not have a party
2. No electronic devices are to be used at any time unless permitted by the teacher (me)
3. No mask should be on one’s face at any point of time
4. Please be respectful to everyone. Respect your fellow classmates, respect your teachers and respect the school rules.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have been around srp for a year now. Started off doing mainly gangrp. I have gotten into fight club and more involved with the black market by becoming a bmda. I joined the government faction around January this year and worked in the faction for three months or so as a Judge. It was a fun time and I met many people along the way. Mainly the reason I joined the faction was, so I could get some experience working in a faction for the first time and get some better practice with more organized detailRP and interaction. Also to give me something to do then just standing around on the server. As of recently I have joined the football team so I can meet new people, improve my rp skills and have more fun on the server. It also have kept me very active on the server and will continue to be very active

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head department
↳ Description: This is the very top of a department. They oversee the rest of their department and make sure everyone is doing their part so their department succeeds. They also help train new teachers and staff that have joined their department. Their position requires the most dedication and experience

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Qualified teachers have proven themselves as good teachers. And have earned the ability to run/host a class without a QT or HD present watching over

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Non Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A non qualified teacher is a teacher who has received the basic training but still could use more. They usually will have a QT or HD teacher assist them when hosting a class and be given pointers and tips so they can eventually become a qualified teacher

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Untrained Teacher
↳ Description: A untrained teacher is a recently new hire. They have not been given the basic training necessary for them to become a NQT and still learning their way around the faction

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers help students engage in many social and environmental events. They may do this with many different teaching tactics, ranging from hands on work to slide show and notes to maybe just a paper assignment. They can help students improve their ability to make projects by giving them assignments that require them to create such things. These lessons may help students learn things for SchoolRP but for the real world as well.

Providing facts and education that people would have never thought of to learn from SchoolRP. Giving people experience they could use even outside the server is so important, so we can see them succeed in and outside the server and help develop and pave the way for the future generations to come.

Regarding salaries they can be very different and range differently depending on where you live in the world. But as regards to SchoolRP, salary ranges from 350,000 yen to 500,000 yen per month. HD and QT teachers make a max of 500,000 yen if all quota requirements are met for that month, while NQT and UT teachers make a max of 350,000 yen if all quota requirements are met for that month.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Let’s be completely honest with ourselves, the name of the server is quite literally SchoolRP. Can’t have roleplay in a school if you never had teachers, I know everyone says this but it’s the honest truth. Teachers provide roleplay opportunities and experiences for players in various ways. Ranging from getting caught by a teacher and then facing the consequences for a poor action you have done to being rewarded for a good deed, all the way to giving you roleplay as an actual student, providing a lesson you would learn from and complete as if you were in school in the real world. They maintain the safety of the school basically. Teachers are also there to help people learn, teaching new players the proper ways of roleplay and separating the right and wrongs of the server, paving the way for the future player base of the server. This helps these new players avoid trouble or sticky situations that could get them in trouble oocly or icly. Knowing what’s right from wrong can really dictate one’s motivation to continue playing the server.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The planning system that is used is called "MoSCoW" for short. The meaning of it is 'must have, should have, could have, won't have'

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Li is not the biggest person ever. He only is 5’ tall and weighs around 89lbs, he has tan skin with messy, curly brown hair. With a nice pair of brown eyes. He is very conservative and not an outgoing person and would much rather keep to himself then make himself known. He is very jumpy and almost anything scares him. He is a kind soul and believes everyone should be treated with kindness. He is easy going, very understanding and doesn’t lash out basically at all. He has this belief that every student should be given a chance to succeed and willing to do everything to help that student succeed. Li looks at the teachers as friends and people he can learn from. His plan for the future is to work as long as possible teaching people and creating the workers of the future before retiring happy knowing he made the future generation great and passed his knowledge of technology.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Li would approach the group. He would make sure he had all their attentions before asking them nicely to quit the swearing. If they refuse or continue using the bad language he will ask once more if they could cut out the cursing. If they continue anymore after that he will not hesitate to hand them a detention and remind them that he had given them multiple warnings before hand to cut the swearing

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Li would take a step in front of his desk looking at the rest of class speaking in a kind a soft mannerly way asking the class if they could quiet down so we can continue on with the lesson. If he is not heard the first time he would speak much louder and more stern demanding the class to quiet down. If certain individuals refuse to quiet down they will be removed from the class to avoid further disruption within the classroom. And depending on how annoyed they have made him, he will remove any person who opens their mouth and makes a peep of noise.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
When entering the teachers lounge, Li would become more relaxed. He super conservative and doesn’t like talking much to the people around him so he would most likely keep to himself rather then be loud and talkative. Unless he knows a person really well. If he knows the person he can be very talkative and energetic. It’s almost polar opposite to how he would normally act. He is a very mellow person who is laid back and isn’t so strict and formal but tries his very best to be.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me
would lean forward on his desk looking at the class that was seated in front of him before turning his back and looking at the clock, looking back “Alright class I hope you all have been having a wonderful day so far. It’s fourth period so I know you’re all tired but we just gotta keep working for a little more. Today won’t be a long or difficult day so don’t worry.” He would look down towards the desk grabbing a stack of papers, shuffling them quickly before looking back up “we’re going to be starting a project, the project is about the computers and your basic understanding of computers. I want to see where you all are at regarding knowledge of technology. So today, you will start your research gathering some facts that you can provide for your project” Took a second to gather his breath, giving the class a smile “If any of you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. I will be sitting at the front grading papers and catching up on things. Please remain in your seats, you can whisper but please refrain from being loud” Turned from the class walking back behind his desk taking a seat looking over the papers on his desk

/me took a big inhale before eventually opening his mouth “good morning class, I hope all of you have gotten a good nights rest. Today we will have a lesson about wiring of a computer. It’s very important the many ways to wire a computer, cause if it not connected correctly it won’t work. I strongly recommend you take notes as this will be on your quiz.” Walked over to his computer turning it on “if you all could turn your computers on please and thank you”

/me would look up from his computer noticing a student has raised their hand “Yes what’s your question?” The student would respond asking “Is there a specific way parts should rest in a computer?” Li would respond rather swiftly with a smile “That’s a very good question, and to answer your question. Yes and No there isn’t a specific way the parts should sit as long as they are connected properly, however there is a preference to the way you should. As it can avoid overheating or trouble from arriving in the computer, in the future.” Looked at the rest of the class “Anymore questions class? Feel free to ask.” Noticing no one had anymore questions he would return his gaze to his computer continuing on with the lesson.

/me took notice of the classes behavior. The loud yelling and noises the class was making was clearly giving him a headache. He would look up from his computer before standing from his chair “Class could we please quiet it down any further disruption will result in you being removed from my classroom. You are here to learn and gain an education. You can hold you conversation until I am finished explaining the lesson. Thank you” Pulled his chair back forward taking a seat once more.

Backstory
It was so unexpected, a baby boy born into a above average middle class family. A mom who teached and a father involved with finance. Li was a quick learner at a young age, learning to walk very early on. He was always interested in how things worked and if there were different ways to make something work. His parents quickly noticed his abilities and thought it was best they found a new home for them. They would move to Germany for the time Li was growing up, he was always top of his class and made his parents proud. It was around middle school that Li picked up computers and technology, after his father was talking about the transition to this new technology for his job. He thought the mass improvement in technology was amazing and wanted to know more, asking his father so many questions until the sunset. It would not take long for his father to get him a computer. He was hooked, testing so many different functions and abilities of the computer. He would read a crazy amount of books researching these computers and technology as a whole. By the time he was finished with middle school he could take apart an entire computer and put it back together in the matter of minutes. Then things got hard, his mother became very ill and couldn’t show up to school to teach and rather had to use a computer and video system to teach the class. This truly inspired him, his mothers ability and want to teach set the stones for how he believes a teacher should be. That dedication and wanting to spread knowledge. Seeing his mom’s hard work solidified what he wanted to do in the future. He wanted to follow his mothers footsteps and spread knowledge throughout the world the best he could. Eventually the sickness that took over his mother got to her and had sadly taken her life. He was devastated but wanted to keep her spirit alive. His mother always told him to do what he loved, knowing he loved technology, it was quick for him to know what he wanted to do. He wanted to spread knowledge and teach people about technology. He would blast through highschool making sure to keep his work done and good. Passing at the top of his class and graduating early. Finally he was 19 and college was upon him, Li worked just as hard making sure he passed with flying colors so he could earn his degrees and accomplish his goals of becoming a teacher. After 8 stressful years of college, at the age of 27, Li decided it was time for a change. He would move to the city of Karakura where he learned there was a teacher position open in the school. This was his chance to finally spread the knowledge that he always has dreamed above and make his mother proud.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

My name is Li Kojima
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr
Given Name(s):
My given name is Li
Preferred Name:
I prefer Li or Mr. Kojima
Age (Minimum is 27):
I am 27 years old
Religious Denomination:
I do not have any religious denomination
Marital Status:
I’m not currently married or in any relationship
Nationality:
I am Brazilian

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

I do not have any work experience other then working at a old shop named like Otakaiya or something along the lines of that name for a month or two before it eventually shut down and closed its doors

Academic Degree:
I have my associate and bachelors degree

Year of Graduation:
I graduated in 1996

Major(s):
I have a major in computer engineering, computer programming, and software engineering

Minor(s):
I have a minor degree in education and economics

Native Languages:
Japanese
Other Languages:
JSL

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
I have a TEFL certificate

Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:
Do you have any questions?:

I have no questions, thank you for taking the time to read my application

IMG_3559.png

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread