Level 129
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
Untitled design.gif

IGN:
Ravenclxw
I also have three other accounts: Gryffind0r, Slyth3r1n, and Hufflepvff
List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
SRGH#8433

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
I do not have a microphone and don’t speak in VCs since it's outside my comfort zone as of right now. However, I can join VCs and listen to them if needed.

Your time zone and current country of residence:
I’m in the CST and North American residence.

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lore-application-2-knotalive.53755/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/cultality-lore-team-application.49147/

https://schoolrp.net/threads/skin-maker-application-srgh.59009/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/srgh-event-application-2.59313/

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
I do understand that I can be removed from the community team at any time.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
Well everyone has a real life that will sometimes interfere with the virtual world. Some of the things that may obstruct my development/progress on the Lore Team would be school and work. With school now in session, I may not be seen that highly active during the weekdays with my job also taking place during the weekdays. Although once Friday and the weekend comes around I’ll be seen as more highly active if I don’t have any family events happening.

On the server I have 3 roles.

I'm a Student Council member on my college account. (Ravenclw)
A News Reporter on one of my accounts. (Gryffind0r)
A Surgeon on one of my accounts. (Hufflepvff)
Other than that, those things shouldn't interfere with the Lore Team. I feel like I can handle all of these things.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
The one thing that makes me passionate about my writing is your world with your imagination. You get to write whatever you want, making it into a mysterious adventure to a romantic relationship in space. Whenever I start writing I get lost in my world of the many things that come into my head. I let my hands do the work as it creates something magical. Nothing can stop you from writing what you want, it is your project, your rules. With many options open to you, you have an infinite world inside your mind, waiting for the gates to open and create another new world of writing. That’s what makes me passionate about writing.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I do actually! Throughout my years of this community, I got my motivation to begin writing from seeing family lore, community lore, and even gang lore. One of my first things about getting into lore was when I began establishing families. Within the family establishment, I began to slowly create lores of the many families I established. Expanding my lore experience I wanted to create a gang, so I did. The gang was somewhat successful along with the lore I created for it. The gang stayed active for a while, as this was a few years back before it disbanded. Now in my real life, everyone takes English/Literature classes because it’s a required class to get credits for, within the classes, we sometimes have to write essays or have a day of creative writing. From these several things, I feel like I have a good understanding and a wonderful experience of writing lore. I'm also a Reporter on the server which gives me more experience with writing and a way to express it to the server with the topics I report on.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
When I think of the term lore I think of a backstory, timeline, or even a story. From me writing lores for families, gangs, and such I could call that a timeline. Now from Karakura’s Lore, I’d call that a timetable as well just because of how the layout and perspective it is in. Lore is writing, which means you can write about anything and make it into a lore-type format. I also think lore has its genres for example folklore. In general, lore can expand in many different ways to a new path of creation and imagination.

WRITING PROMPTS:

RULES
  1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.
(843 Words)

The sun’s rays would beam on the small cabin as rippling water streams would be heard faintly. Bringing a soothing and relaxing feeling around the perimeter as the wind blew gently through the falling leaves in the autumn season. A young male would be sitting on a rock peering down at the clear glistening water. He’d see his reflection in the water as his wavy bright blonde hair flowed peacefully in the breeze of the wind. It sent cold chills down his back as his hand dipped slightly in the cold water. Quickly taking his hand out he’d shake it to dry it off, now standing up. The young male was Felix Lee he was 16 years old and went to Karakura High School.

“I came to Karakura because of how small the island was.” Felix would say this to himself as he now walked in the forest following the dirt patch. The birds would be chirping as crows circled around the graveyard Felix came out of. He’d have his soft small hands behind his back as he walked past the shopping district. His blue ribbon straw hat was loosely tied around his neck from Harecuts, the male believes the straw hat is a good look for his fashion.

It was a Sunday afternoon Felix walked to one of the popular social hotspots in Karakura, the plaza. His legs would throb from walking so he’d walk to the flower patch and would’ve sat down on the stone pillar. Many conversations would be heard ranging from gossip rumors to the athletes bragging about how they’re better than anyone else. Felix would’ve zoned into his own world, and not too long an older male approached Felix. Opening his eyes, Felix would look down at the older man in front of him. “Er.. hello. Do you need something?” He’d ask the man this. The man would stare up at Felix now opening his own mouth to speak. “Hello, young man would you be interested in being in the newspaper? It’s my new business!” Felix would think for a moment now speaking to himself “Be in a newspaper!? This could help me for sure!” Felix would nod accepting the man’s offer.

After accepting the offer, the man led Felix to one of the parks beside the plaza. “Alright before I begin taking photos of you what is your name?” The man would ask Felix this. “Oh right my name! You can call me Felix Lee, and you?” Felix felt a little embarrassed for not introducing himself. “Well, then Felix, nice to meet you. I’m Donnie Hendrix and I’m starting a new business!” Felix would nod as Donnie began directing Felix where to stand for photos and gave him items to show off. As Donnie did a few snaps here and there, Felix would be giving off bright smiles for the camera. “Alright, Felix we are done. Now it doesn’t come for free; I will need a publishing payment. Which will be 100k!” Felix was shocked by how expensive it was but at the same time, the young male remembered this was a new business and it always started somewhere. Plus Felix wanted his name out there to Karakura to know who he really was. Pulling out his wallet, Felix handed Donnie 100,000 yen. “Thank you! The paper will be published soon.”

As Donnie walked away, Felix felt excitement rush inside of him. Why was he so excited? Maybe because he was noticed by an older man like Donnie. Skipping away to the plaza, Felix kept that bright smile on his face. Hoping his dream would come soon.

A couple of months went by after Donnie posted the newspaper article to the community. Throughout these past months, Felix didn’t really get much notice, until one day. He came across an advertisement about a new upcoming business called SUPURATTO! They were looking for DJs to provide for events, Felix went to their website and immediately applied for the position. A few days later, Felix got a response from the owner and said that he was accepted. Jumping up and down with excitement Felix contacted his tailor to make him the most glamorous, fashionable, stylist outfit that he could wear when he DJs.

Without a doubt, his tailor blew Felix away from their work. The jacket was mostly red with a white patch, with sparkles and gold throughout it. Then his white pants had shiny jewels on the area of the kneecap. Finally, his boots were speckled with spikey jewels. From the inspiration of this outfit, Felix gave himself a DJ name, PHOENIX. Felix was now ready for his new adventure to begin, hoping it would all go well.

A few months went by and Felix did not become successful with his new job at SUPURATTO! He was then contacted by his family up in Korea that he needed to come back for family matters. It is now unknown if Felix will ever make his return to Karakura. Who knows maybe he will return and have big plans for Karakura.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.
(885 Words)

The world can be so cruel sometimes, it can even lead to something that wouldn’t want to happen. A young Japanese boy went to High School he was the quiet one that never went to school events. Most of the time he was called a freak because of one particular feature of his. When he was younger the boy got into an accident leaving a diagonal scar running across his face. The boy’s name was Jurō Shima although he was given many nicknames because of his horrid face. Most of the time Jurō tried to ignore the name-calling he was given, which did help. Another day went by as Jurō attended school, Botan Akane, one of the school bullies decided to take it up a notch. Botan decided to give the freak face some more pain by beating Jurō up. With Botans buddies keeping a lookout for any faculty members, no one was around to help prevent the assault on Jurō. Jurō tried to scream for help but he couldn’t get anything out due to Botan kicking him in the ribs knocking the air out of the young boy.

By now, Botans anger and pride took over him, as the male kept slamming his fists against Jurō. Grasping his hands around Jurō collar, he’d slam him against the wall. However, Botan used a bit too much aggression towards Jurō once that happened. Jurō’s eyes were closed as the boy’s body went limp, leaving only a waterfall of blood streaming down the brick wall. Botans buddies were long gone as they didn’t want to get caught. Botan stared at Jurō’s limp, unconscious, dead, body. Dropping him, Botan ran off into the distance.

It felt like hours in complete darkness, however, Jurō woke up where he died at. He saw hospital workers covering his body up, making Jurō realize he was dead and a ghost. Jurō felt angry about what Botan did, he wanted revenge on his bullies. Jurō decided to not go by his real name anymore, instead, the ghostly male went by Kizuato-Furiku. He took advantage of the nicknames he was given by turning them into his own.

Kizuato-Furiku would find Botan and his buddies in the boy’s bathroom and would give them the experience of their life. He wanted to give them a lesson to stop name-calling people and being bullies. Once Kizuato-Furiku decided to make a move he went into a mirror he held a knife dripping with blood. Taking the knife, he’d carve words into the mirror making a message to the boys. The lights would flicker as the doors to the bathroom locked. Kizuato-Furiku finished the message as it stated “You should never bully others, karma will strike back.” Although Botan thought this was a prank of some sort, he was horribly wrong.

Kizuato-Furiku carved another message to the boys as it said “I will teach you a lesson that will stop you from bullying.” Now taking his bloody knife, Kizuato jumped out of the mirror revealing his bloody high school student self. A smile was on his face as he pierced his knife into Botans neck. Pulling out quickly he’d watch the blood of Botan pour out, now turning to one of his friends. He’d rush to them leaving them shaking in their shoes, before taking the knife against their neck and swiping it across as they bled out. Kizuato-Furiku looked at the last student, keeping his knife lowered, he’d lean close to the student whispering to them. “You see what happens when you bully others. Now I know you don’t want that to happen to you. So I’m keeping you alive to make Karakura an antibully zone. And if I see any troublemakers they get taught a lesson.”

The student shook their head in fear as they ran out of the bathroom screaming for help. Kizuato turned to the now-dead boys entering his mirror. Kizuato-Furiku would lurk in the halls of Karakura High School in the mirrors looking out for any troublemakers. Hoping to teach a new lesson about not bullying.

A rumor states there is a ritual a student can perform to maybe get in touch with Jurō. Since Kizuato-Furiku lurks in the mirrors of the school, the student would need to be in front of a mirror somewhere. The lights need to be off and there must be 4 candles lit around the mirror. After those are done, the student would need to have a blank piece of paper in front of them. The next part says that the student must get ahold of a sharp object that way they can slit their hand and let their blood drip on the paper. Now with all of these done, the student needs to say Kizuato-Furiku three times while looking in the mirror. As soon as the student says it the 3rd time they need to look down at the paper. If everything goes correctly, Kizuato-Furiku will use the blood that’s on the paper to communicate with the student.

However, this is just a rumor. No one really knows if this works but if it does work then something is preventing the student to say it’s real. Who knows maybe the next student that does the ritual will be able to tell others that Kizuato-Furiku is actually true.

I thank you for reading my application, and I look forward to seeing my result. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to DM me on discord. To the other applicants, I wish you good luck with your applications.

Last Updated: 04/14/23

Last edited:

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
PENDING
We thank you for applying for the lore team.
There are unfortunately no more open spots. Your application will be placed on pending. Whenever a spot opens, we will come back to review your applications.

In the meantime, we implore you to revise your application. Take your time when writing your prompts, spice up your writing with suspense, and make sure to fix any spelling and grammatical mistakes.​

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
Denied
We thank you for applying, however, the team has chosen to deny your application today.
We suggest you practice your sentence structure and diction as it needs improvement.​

Users who are viewing this thread