IGN:

the account used for the shop:
luvingher

other account:
lovingherr

Discord:
bells#3291

Describe your activity on the server:
Although I have two accounts I only really use my main, lovingherr. Due to the fact, I am on the volleyball team on that account and my character has more interaction. My other account is the one I am applying on since it isn’t on any teams or staff since I was a high school teacher around August.

I am usually on from 3-9 pm PST time on weekdays, time varies on weekends. However, if I'm offline, like most people, I'm always on discord and get notifications if I need to get on.

Previous applications:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/interracial-club.45933/ - [DENIED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/__rileys-teacher-application.37189/ - [ACCEPTED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/__okaserror-culinary-application-subject-change.39468/ - [ACCEPTED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/okarps-ban-appeal.26783/ - [ACCEPTED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/okarps-language-application.22890/ - [DENIED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/okarps-ban-appeal.21981/ - [ACCEPTED / this account was used by a friend, I did not get it banned.]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/okarps-language-application.21970/ - [DENIED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/okarps-language-application.21062/ - [ACCEPTED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/duckrps-language-application.18152/ - [ACCEPTED]

Previous warns/kicks/bans:

DOXXING 06/19/20 - This incident occurred almost two years ago, I can completely account for my actions and say what I did was immature and completely out of line which has been proven as I haven’t been banned since and as you can read in the appeal.

BYPASSING ??/??/2020 - This ban was on a borrowed account I owned, however, I had let a friend use it and did not know they were bypassing and didn’t find out till I tried to use it months later.

Shop wanted:
UNOWNED SHOP #2 is preferable, though I will accept what I can get.

Why do you want to own a shop?:
In 2020 around May I got the honor of Co-Owning a shop called Monochrome Maid Cafe, it was honestly the best experience I have had on SRP, and the trainings I helped with and how many people were dedicated to our little idea that got so many people involved was the most fun part of all of it. Sadly around the first few openings, the owner had closed it down and until now that was the end of that chapter. Back then I planned to apply for a shop, I even wrote it out but to my knowledge that idea just never happened. Moreover, back then I was a very immature player and hadn’t even learned to DetailRP, yet I was one of those that participated in odd gang roleplay who had no clue what to do. Now, I'm a bit older and have done a lot of learning on DetailRP, Professionalism, and how to not act like a toxic GangRPer many are today. I like to think I'm skilled in writing, it's one of my highest achieving classes and I love to spend time writing out actions when I'm bored or helping people with their character biographies and such. I would like to do that experience with much more responsibility and dig in roots to this area of roleplay. We are all tired of hearing new players complain in OOC about shops being closed and I would like to help by being open frequently and for long hours even if other shops are open for variety.

In addition, it feels like we have only had the animal rank for a short while so there has been no opportunity for an animal cafe/restaurant. There were only regular cafes or maid cafes for this type of theme. Now that we have the animal rank it is possible to achieve a cat cafe of course. However, I don’t exactly want a cat cafe. I hope to have a regular restaurant that is fancy and floral in terms of the aesthetic but also is lightly cat-themed and has trained cats within the property. I plan to have friends of mine who have the rank to reside within the shop during openings as long as they stay in line with being calm and not attacking anyone or bothering them. To ensure this I will of course train them like any other worker.

What do you plan to do with the shop?:
I would like to open a restaurant dedicated to cats, a cat restaurant called Meraki! Of course, there are not a lot of cats on SRP but that will be okay because it will be lightly cat-themed as well instead of strictly the real thing and have many fun events for customers as well. I feel that this shop will be very successful due to the interaction with the playable cats, and the cat theme to it all.

To illustrate, I will add on that I plan to buy two or more customs if the shop gets accepted of course which I go into more detail on below. I want this shop to be a pleasant memory for many IC families and one of those places people remember going to as they get older, and not only a memory but an attraction for new people to Karakura.

On the other hand, certain cats who aren’t quite used to the noise and are skittish will be in the quiet section upstairs or out during the late-night hours. I plan for the shop to have a calmer aroma during the late night and have light classical music for romantic dinners or just a late-night snack. Transitioning into the day and early night it will start to amp up and get more exciting as most places do. We will start our events during these times and have more cats out. To add on, during the evening and such we will allow people to come in for a rush after games or big events.

Speaking of events, I plan to also let people rent out the shop for any theme of event they wish (ex: birthdays, meetings, etc.)

As for food, I plan to have the basics such as sushi, bento, steak, sake, other alcoholic beverages, Dango, tea, coffee, donuts, ice cream, and way more. My customs will be as stated before a Sakura No-Bake Cheesecake, and a Kitty Shaped Donut.

The Sakura No-Bake Cheesecake

Kitty Shaped Donut

Regarding the schedule - I plan to have this shop open frequently. Most likely 4 days out of the week minimum on days Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Sunday to leave the days in between for myself to switch accounts but for the other workers to have a full day to themselves as they of course need. I would prefer to not do training on the days in between and to solve this I will likely have training a few hours before or right after openings, it mainly depends on what the workers want and how it works with each time zone. Leading into the divide between the time zone groups, we all know there is a collective amount of 200-300 players around the same time. However, there are also the late hours for those time zones where there are only roughly 80-100 and during that time most workers will be asleep or at school. I have fixed this solution simply. Not only will I be doing online schools shortly to take over the school time for the EST/PST but during the late hours, I will most likely be asleep I leave this job to the manager, skinrot. As I state at the bottom of this application she is one of the most trustworthy people I have ever met and I trust her with everything ranging as far as where I live. I believe she can do this especially since most shops are open for around 2 / 3 hours. (The reason I also cannot do it late at night is that my Wi-Fi is off, however, I have cellular data for my phone where I can likely be in calls and she can text my number at any time.)

DESIGNS

(This will be one of the upstairs tables for larger groups!)

(I plan to tone down the amount of black and change the pallet a bit depending on how similar the builders can make it.)

BUILD/SHOP IDEAS:
  • I want the restaurant to be rather clean and have a classy vibe to it, the reasoning behind the cleanness is simply because it’s healthy for the cats.

• I plan to have signs along the tree that describe little notes of positivity tied to it. Also, we will have a way for the cats to safely climb it for extra fun and roleplay possibilities for them.

• Few mini cat trees will reside in the corners for the cats to lay down and rest peacefully when they get tired. The food bowls and all in that category for the cats will likely be in the kitchen or break room that connects to the kitchen.

• As I state below, I plan to have a small stage for events. I will most likely make the stage 3x3 depending on how much room there is after the main pieces are finished.

• There will also be a Maneki-Neko at the front of the shop to go along with my character's culture and to add to the Japanese culture of certain objects.

BACKSTORY

Akila Sakurako, you may notice two things about her name and surname. One is Egyptian, one is Japanese. In both cultures, Cats have a meaning. To illustrate, in Japan they are a sign of good luck and you will often see the Maneki-Neko at the front of shops promising blessings and good fortune. In Egypt, cats were represented in social and religious practices of ancient Egypt for thousands of years. Several ancient Egyptian deities were depicted and sculptured with cat-like heads representing justice, fertility, and power. Since the shop is revolved around cats I thought it would only make sense that cats have such meaning to my character.

Akila Sakurako was born and raised in Karaukura Japan, however, as a teenager, her and her family moved around Europe on a long vacation to their awaited destination in Egypt due to her mother's culture. In Egypt, she was heavily influenced by the cuisine of both her cultures and she spent most of her free time cooking Japanese foods for her new friends in Egypt. The best part to her was the way her friend's faces lit up in joy when the flavors of new spices and culture hit their mouths.

Eventually, she went to college for culinary arts so she could pursue and learn more about how food is professionally made so she could not only perfect her Egyptian and Japanese dishes but learn more cultures! After traveling on her own as she settled into adulthood, being a personal chef for many people, she decided to open her restaurant back in her hometown Karakura to not only let everyone taste the foods she learned to perfect but for a quick way to spread her culture amongst the town she loved as a child.

For the menu I plan to have three lists:

• Appetizer
  • Main Course
  • Dessert
I do not plan to make everything to be highly expensive as I know a lot of new players are always interested in shops and I would like for them to be able to afford MOST of the food. Of course, not everything will be a minimum price such as the customs but there will be a range for those who don't wish to spend a fortune just to roleplay a dinner.

In addition, the menu will start with a long list regarding the rules such as:

RULES OF THE SHOP

What to do before you get to the cats:
  • Please get up and go to the washroom, where you will need to wash your hands and dry them off to ensure the cats are safe from any diseases.
  • Please make sure you are sober before you ask for a cat when people are under influence you never know what they can do and we will require you to be 100% sober.

How to ask to see a cat:
  • Wait till your waiter walks up, OR if has been too long you can start to call for one but please remain in your seats and refrain from yelling.
  • Once you get a waiter please state you have properly washed and are wondering if any cats are available

Now that you have a cat:
  • Please remember these cats deserve respect even if they are animals
  • Please be gentle. Do not tug, violently scratch, squish, or harm our cats.
  • If it starts to growl, you are making it feel unsafe or harmed. Please let it go or we will force you to.

Reminder: If you are harming the staff or cats you will be asked twice to leave, then the cops will be called without warning.

I do want to ensure the safety of the cat players of SRP because I know many people who like to injure them for “fun”. I will make sure that the shop staff is heavily observing as the customers handle the cats to make sure of their safety. I will most likely have the security do this as it only seems fit for them to do this.

How will your shop be unique?:
So far there have been only regular restaurants in theory or maid cafes, but I have yet to see any shop that has cats or is slightly cat revolved. We will be a place that welcomes the energetic and outgoing, it will be flashy but not too flashy and stand out with the cat theme and gorgeous colors. I want to give off the vibe of nightclub places in cities of japan that are very loud at night and outstandingly unique to give off a more exciting aroma with faint music and the smell of Asian cuisine throughout the area! Of course, the lights will be toned down and the restaurant won't be as crazy but I want it to be classy just like our fancy and loved kitties.

Meraki will be home to all of Karakura, a place to discuss after dances, games, school events, city events, and all you can imagine. We want to encourage people to get excited and can further a discussion between customers by bringing up our cute Cat Staff to say hello! First, however, we ask that all customers are gentle and respectful with the animals to refrain from injury to our customers and furry friends. I also plan to have a little message within the book stating the rules and behavior they must have towards the cats in order to be allowed to dine in our store. Again, our shop will be loud of course, but that will be perfectly okay as we want this place to welcome families from around the world to come to visit. It is also expected since there are so many excited about new shops and with our idea of a restaurant with cats, we will fully accept and train for all the excitement.
We plan to have little rooms for tiny groups of tables if you need privacy for a serious conversation upstairs just in case.

Our cats will be well trained with fake customers to help them settle into the loudness and touchy customers to prevent any accidents. We will make sure to choose calm pets that we know won't act out, if they do we will ask a staff member to go into the owner's office to calm it down or keep it busy for the rest of the shift. I also plan to have a small stage for little showcases for the cats, acting with the cats, Karaoke, cat tricks, jokes, and more to lighten up the mood if needed!

EVENTS

KARAOKE NIGHTS:
The Karaoke nights will consist of workers and customers being allowed to go one by one to the stage to sing a silly song, tell a story, jokes, et cetera! As long as they’re not being too inappropriate, loud, or controversial they can say whatever they please. Of course, if they aren’t being appropriate we will ask them to get off the stage, and if the altercation continues we will ask them to leave the whole store.

HOLIDAY EVENTS:
We plan to have holiday events, in detail, they will be nights where we decorate the place in cat-themed decorations that match the holidays. Like green and red cat decorations for Christmas!
Adding on, we plan to also add special holiday things to the food, of course, this will just be a fun little thing for the waiters to /it and the chefs to do action making!

Lastly, to be nice for the holidays we plan to give a little discount depending on the holiday and of course, we will make special menus that are very cute! To go with this, we will obviously /it holiday music for Christmas, Halloween, and/or valentines day!

CHARITY EVENTS:
On nights like this, we will give a percentage of our earnings to the EMS and police of Karakura to help the first responders in any way we can and show our appreciation to them as I'm sure we will need to call them plenty due to the crime rate in Karakura.

GAME NIGHTS:
We will pick 4 lucky people to come up onto the stage and play a little game of our choice. One of the games will for example be “Interview That Character” where the person will whisper to us a film or book character and people in the crowd will be picked to ask questions to try and find out who it is.

CAT SHOWCASES!:
In this event, we will dress up the cats to a theme and bring them onto the stage if they are comfortable enough for a showcase to give the kitties some attention!

When the time comes where we bring them onto the stage, show them off a bit, and let everybody get to know each cat as they eat. This event will also help the cats get more comfortable as we soothe them into being petted by the people and eventually allow them to roam if they are deemed to need the extra training. I also want to invite stray cats during this quiet time when everyone is listening to clean them up, feed them, and let everyone know we have kitties that need a home. A sort of adoption time for the cats if you will. If the cats do not get adopted we will let the cats stay in our house for the cats till they can get adopted. The cat workers will also get to stay here if they wish to just simply not have a family.

The shop will also have a separate genderless bathroom for our gender fluid and non-binary customers to help you with your character play-through.

CHARACTER NIGHTS:
There will be a few different “sub-events” for this event.

Firstly, a worker can choose their character from whatever they wish as long as it is appropriate and wear a little cosplay!

Second, we all vote on a book/show/etc, and (if they want) the workers will dress as a character from what is chosen.

CROSS-DRESS NIGHT:
For this event, it will be pretty simply stated.

On one night we will allow people to cross-dress in their style. On another, they switch to the other uniform. Lastly, they can cross-dress as an opposite gendered friend. (Of course, this is optional to prevent gender dysphoria for the worker or if they just don't feel comfortable.)

How many employees are you planning to have?:

I will most likely need many employees as well as some cats, but for right now I see the roster a little something like this:

[OWNER 1/1] - luvingher

[CO-OWNER 2/2]
1. aurixa_

Due to the fact she has been a great help to all of this and someone I have had a 3+ year friendship with and know she is the perfect fit for this job

2. skinrot
Skinrot is an excellent roleplayer and amazing skin maker who I have been friends with for nearly seven months now and have seen her amazing ability to detail her actions and help me with my own skills like no other and the way she completely shifts a person's view and any RP situation to make it more interesting is the reason why I trust her completely to be a co-owner..

[CHEFS 0/3-4]
The chefs will create a short wait-time for the customers to talk longer and interact with the cats, the main reason I created this wait-time is that as a customer I know that when you get your food and such so early there is a long period of silence created where you don’t know what to do now that there is food and no reason to stay anymore. However with the wait, and the cats to fill that time there will be a lot of interaction and clear any awkwardness!

[WAITERS 1/10] - 1. Vicitys
There will most likely be a lot of customers due to the cats, and my timezone. Most waiters and such will be picked half for my timezone half for another which the co-owner or manager will be trusted with running. So, we will need a lot of waiters especially when a lot cannot make them all due to school and work.

[SECURITY 0/5]
Security will play a BIG part in the shop as we will need them not only for the customers but for the cats, to protect and handle the cats will come with great responsibility. Being able to handle the childish customers we may get will be a chore too, which is why I will take great attention to who is hired for this title.

[CATS 1/6] - blandink
The cats are a big part of this, of course, I want there to be 6 cats at first. 3 for upstairs if needed, 3 for downstairs. The cats will get a cute collar to show everyone that they are cats of the Mesaki and eventually may have color indicators.

Does your character have any college degrees? If so, list it:
Yes, she went to a Culinary Arts school and eventually a university where she studied and majored in Professional Cooking/Culinary Arts.

(skinrot will also be making the uniforms.)

Earnings:
I would get 60% at first, but I’d take the amount out necessary for chefs and security obviously.

Waiters = 30%
Chef's = 20%
Security = 25%
leaving 25% for me for taxes IF I need to pay that much. + The Co-Owners will work amongst the chefs/security so they will take the same amount as they do.

MERAKI DISCORD SERVER:
click to be sent to our discord server.

Last edited:

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
REVIEWED
Thank you for taking the time to fill up this application ,but unfortunately it has been denied for the following reasons:
  • Great application overall, unfortunately we're currently no longer looking for a restaurant/café shop
  • You may re-apply in 7 days

Users who are viewing this thread