mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

No more Anime/TV Show Gangs/Families

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
no one's character would exist if this was implemented but i get where you're coming from
This suggestion isn't about removing inspiration, this is about using the exact name, lore, etc. . None of my characters are taken from anywhere, they are written by me entirely, and yes.. they do take INSPIRATION from other characters, but we are not trying to remove inspiration. We are trying to remove plagiarism

jayseph

Level 25
jayseph_
jayseph_
Notable
I’d like to reiterate that RoleplayHub is not in fact a “professional roleplay server”. It’s simply a server for people to hangout with their friends and develop a character that they really like. So what if someone wants to base their character off an anime?? They’re doing what they love doing on the server and it’s harming literally no one and breaking no rules. Disallowing the use of inspiration/basing your gang, family, or character off of an anime or tv show is just wrong. As I said before, let people roleplay the way they want to make their character. There is absolutely no need to restrict someone’s creativity like that.
I never said anything about disallowing inspiration or basing things off anime. I'm saying using exact names, logos, lore, etc.

hebwig

Level 111
This suggestion isn't about removing inspiration, this is about using the exact name, lore, etc. . None of my characters are taken from anywhere, they are written by me entirely, and yes.. they do take INSPIRATION from other characters, but we are not trying to remove inspiration. We are trying to remove plagiarism

dope then. strengthen rules about plagiarism. i can agree

jayseph

Level 25
jayseph_
jayseph_
Notable
Please. This is it ENTIRELY. This has nothing to do with inspiration or basing things off stuff. And I'm not even trying to fully make anything a rule in all honesty. Just maybe have people think about the server and it's culture. That's most of it, truthfully. Though I don't believe you should be able to plagiarize either.

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
“If a gang is going to be properly based on Japanese street gangs, then it shouldn't be based on an anime or other Japanese TV show.”

“but basing things off of an anime character strictly because Karakura is in Japan is a little. . I don't know, weird?”

“But in general, there should be a disallowment of gangs/families (and characters but I've really more seen it with gangs and families) that are based off of anime and/or TV shows.”

You um… you actually did say that

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
+1

If is not allowed to have a character that already exists in the real world, then it shouldn't be allowed to have gangs based exactly on a show/movie.

Leoniide

Level 14
+1

Most gangs are just copy and pastes of eachother, the same used up idea over and over. "organization of bloodthirsty criminals who wanna bring chaos and disorder" "a group of anarchists" stuff like that.

Rebel

Level 53
I think theft is pretty bad. .
I think they mean regarding "copying" some of this I agree with some of this I dont, really don't care what people do as long as they are not copying the full name, the lore, etc but if they just have the first name or the name of the gang but nothing else that is fine.

jayseph

Level 25
jayseph_
jayseph_
Notable
I think they mean regarding "copying" some of this I agree with some of this I dont, really don't care what people do as long as they are not copying the full name, the lore, etc but if they just have the first name or the name of the gang but nothing else that is fine.
In a lot of the responses to other threads, I've clarified that I mean copying full names, lore, logos, and other things. I didn't mean just taking inspiration.

moonboops

Level 10
spxcegrl
spxcegrl
Rich
Neutral

------

I understand where this is coming from. I agree that completely copying a show, movie, or anime is not creative. However if someone wants to do something based off a show, I'd tell them to take inspiration from it instead of completely copying it. I don't see anything wrong with taking inspiration at all. Its also unfortunate that some people think inspiration equates to copying.

The reason I am going neutral is because this also a Minecraft roleplay server and people should be allowed to do what they want as along as it follows the rules. If people decide to be lazy and not put any creativity in their characters, families, or gangs then thats on them. There isn't much you can do if someone decides to copy a show. I know this is a suggestion but I don't think completely making it so people can take from shows is a good idea. Not being able to take inspiration would make the server bland.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
Not being able to take inspiration would make the server bland.
1662522649127.png
As stated here and in many other replies, this is not about inspiration, this is abt copying. The name, lore, etc are not yours to take, you can be inspired by an organization in an anime and not use their name and lore. (Or their photos. . )

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
View attachment 35303
As stated here and in many other replies, this is not about inspiration, this is abt copying. The name, lore, etc are not yours to take, you can be inspired by an organization in an anime and not use their name and lore. (Or their photos. . )
In the original suggestion, both of you mentioned basing the gang/family off of anime and tv shows. You said absolutely nothing about completely copying it. That’s where people are getting mixed up. You quite literally changed the basis of the suggestion between replies.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
In the original suggestion, both of you mentioned basing the gang/family off of anime and tv shows. You said absolutely nothing about completely copying it. That’s where people are getting mixed up. You quite literally changed the basis of the suggestion between replies.
From the start it was never about taking inspiration, that was a bad choice of wording, hence why we are clearing it up.

jayseph

Level 25
jayseph_
jayseph_
Notable
The actual basis of my suggestion was never changed, it was only the wording that I used. I can admit that I didn't word it great and I understand people got confused, which again is why both Kana and I are clearing up the confusion for the things.

Users who are viewing this thread