Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
IGN: oInfi

DATE: 2/10/23

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I would like to suggest the following rule to be added onto rule 5.6 in the Terminology and Server Rules;

5.6d You are NOT ALLOWED to engage in combat while inside public school zones such as the front desk/nurses office, outside ongoing classes, outside offices, and in the cafeteria.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

Now hear me out, baiting suspension and detention while in the school is a rather prominent issue. In order to combat that, this rule can be implemented to decrease the amount of unnecessary fights that occur in school purely to gain detention or suspension. Think of how you cannot blatantly run around the city with an illegal katana out due to the possibility that KPD can see CCTV and immediately arrest you; This rule will disallow school fighting in public zones, as these primary zones (explained in the new rule) are areas that are heavily monitored by councillors/school faculty/SLT. Areas that would be reasonable to start a school fight would include areas like the courtyard, rooftops, school gates, and anywhere outside the school building. Despite faculty still occasionally monitoring those areas, it would make a lot more sense if someone were to start a fight there, rather than in an area where they will immediately get caught and given detention. As stated above, this rule will heavily decrease the amount of players who bait suspension/detention, as they won't be allowed to blatantly start fights in front of faculty.

Last edited:

MuffinCat

Level 78
Administrator
Professor Lead
Authorization Team
MuffinCat
MuffinCat
Rich
+1, would fix a lot of problems faculty have with students!

Barbie_

Level 27
BarbieG1rl_
BarbieG1rl_
Omega
+1
THANK GOD somebody thought of it. It makes it just more realistic. Obviously you wouldn't just full on engage in a serious fight right in front of faculty, when it's just so obvious that you'd get caught and put in detention. Fear the consequences and do it somewhere further, it also makes the roleplay for faculty more engaging, having to run around and find students around the school instead of.. having them right in front of you.

sake

Level 61
vokaloid
vokaloid
Rich
+1/-1 I kind of understand the whole baiting thing, but if they're intentionally baiting couldn't they just get warned for that? And FearRP kind of already combats that in my opinion. The same way you would if you were like you said, I feel like it's a bit unrealistic for fighting to be completely banned in certain places in a school with a whole bunch of immature teenagers OOCly. I feel like CombatRP being limited in certain areas in a school where there are JockRP & Rivarly and running around with a katana in the open are two very different things. Faculty usually come across or are called to a fight if they are anywhere else that isn't near where they are usually placed, I just don't think it's worth completely forbidding.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I feel like it's a bit unrealistic for fighting to be completely banned in certain places in a school with a whole bunch of immature teenagers
It would only be restricted at faculty's work stations or outside of ongoing classes, meaning you'd still have well over 90% of the school to work with. Even if students intentionally avoiding areas that would get them in trouble seems unrealistic to you, it's more engaging roleplay-wise for faculty to learn about conflict dynamically instead of it being shoved in their face.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
It would only be restricted at faculty's work stations or outside of ongoing classes, meaning you'd still have well over 90% of the school to work with. Even if students intentionally avoiding areas that would get them in trouble seems unrealistic to you, it's more engaging roleplay-wise for faculty to learn about conflict dynamically instead of it being shoved in their face.
Uncommon Alimonino W

suneater

Level 90

If people are baiting, warn them for that. There's no need to restrict certain types of RP in certain areas (especially school hotspots!!!), & as Dani said, there's a huge difference in people jockrping & otherwise combatrping, compared to running around with a katana.

jaaaayla

Level 199
Council Lead
Jaeyla
Jaeyla
Fundraiser+

It adds unnecessary restrictions in the school and some of these spots you mention are usually prominent spots for JockRP to happen. The idea of Combat RP and its consequences in public and popular zones would delegate to Fear RP in my opinion; Adding more regulation doesn't deter events or situations from happening.

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
Massive +1, in my opinion it'd make absolutely 0 sense to start a fight DIRECTLY infron of the Reception, or DIRECTLY outside an ongoing classroom, you could try to argue "it's JockRP" but starting a fight directly infront of those places listed is just silly...
#1 CCTV
#2 Other students pass by frequently,
#3 The Receptionists & Teachers are almost always there.

This being implemented would save so much headache, I believe Infi wrote what all faculty have been thinking.

Some people are unfortunately missing the point of this suggestion.

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
idk how you can compare school fights to GangRP bc there's nothing really similar as you cant get perms on school grounds or maybe I'm just not understanding. But school is so boring as it is and this just restricts rp even more than it already has been. For the last year and a half, the school side of SRP has been getting more and more boring to a point players are stepping up to do silly things during school hours.

As a former staff, baiting is a problem and should be reported. That's already a rule. I say the same as I say to teachers/professors/school staff, jockRP and school fights are apart of your Minecraft job, sadly it brings a lot of RP to people; I use to mess around ICly in class bc classes were SO BORING and something needed to entertain me bc a copy paste lesson wasn't it.

Point is, stop trying to restrict RP on school grounds bc those situations are "frustrating" to deal with, we have to make it entertaining somehow and before you say 'find other ways' . . . no, school fights are funny, let people have fun its not hurting anyone and just report the baiting to staff, that's their job

ferretlover

Level 5
There is no logic to this at all. As a matter of fact, fights happen everywhere, and restricting them at the strangest times would only delay roleplay, especially in areas where there are hotspots. The point of IC teachers' jobs is to be able to come into contact with scenarios like these that cause fear roleplay and would be an opportunity to de-escalate the situation. It is just a matter of unnecessary restrictions.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I’d like to reiterate what Alimonino has said. This would prevent combatrp in roughly 10% of the school, leaving 90% for whatever students wish to do. You should already fearrp starting a fight in faculty’s face yeah, but people don’t. And it takes a long time before it’s considered “baiting”. Take today for example. There were 2 players consistently starting fights in front of reception, for the entirety of the school day. They both had detention already, threatened with SLT and were even reported, however it didn’t help. My suggestion will prevent an unholy amount of stress caused on faculty when students just will not cooperate even after staff have said to cut it out. Lastly, this will also prevent staff from getting involved in the first place. I’m sure “JockRP” fighting doesn’t happen 100% of the time in a Receptionist’s face. In fact, people of those factions know better, and don’t do that at all. What I’m suggesting is to remedy the issue with perm baiters.

ferretlover

Level 5
I’d like to reiterate what Alimonino has said. This would prevent combatrp in roughly 10% of the school, leaving 90% for whatever students wish to do. You should already fearrp starting a fight in faculty’s face yeah, but people don’t. And it takes a long time before it’s considered “baiting”. Take today for example. There were 2 players consistently starting fights in front of reception, for the entirety of the school day. They both had detention already, threatened with SLT and were even reported, however it didn’t help. My suggestion will prevent an unholy amount of stress caused on faculty when students just will not cooperate even after staff have said to cut it out. Lastly, this will also prevent staff from getting involved in the first place. I’m sure “JockRP” fighting doesn’t happen 100% of the time in a Receptionist’s face. In fact, people of those factions know better, and don’t do that at all. What I’m suggesting is to remedy the issue with perm baiters.
If it's just 10%, Why would it matter ?????????

suneater

Level 90
but starting a fight directly infront of those places listed is just silly...
Maybe people want to be a little silly- not all characters are going to think things through & worry about the consequences in the moment. Not everyone starting a fight in a school hotspot area is doing so for the sake of getting detention.

What I’m suggesting is to remedy the issue with perm baiters.
People r going to bait perms either way.. lol. Restricting everyone from rping in a certain way in a certain place for the sake of the "10% who does" is pointless. You're forcing everyone to stop doing one thing because of a few people who messed around. If people were going to bait perms, they'd bait perms regardless of where they're doing it.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
If it's just 10%, Why would it matter ?????????
Reason being, it stresses everyone out. Majorly. You wouldn’t want to be in a faculty member’s shoes when a grade-12 gets in your face and punches another student, refuses to listen to you, then runs away.

Users who are viewing this thread