Denied Oliver's Theatre Teacher Application

Gloria_Lenox

Level 0
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: x_0liver_x

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): oliiichibi#9699

How old are you? (Optional): N/A

What is your time zone?: EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, I fully acknowledge this.

Describe your activity on the server:

My activity on the server is varied. On weekdays I am on between the hours 4 PM-10 PM. On the weekends I am usually on in the evening hours from 6 PM- 11 PM. I can be active to the server for up to 1-2 hours a day or more.

Do you have any previous bans?: No, I do not.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

{ denied } https://schoolrp.net/threads/olivers-teacher-application.37533/
{ denied } https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-language-application.20383/
{ accepted } https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-language-application.20430/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

Grade-11

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I am applying to teach Theatre.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

My motivation for becoming a teacher is because I am planning to become a teacher in real life, so I decided this would give me a start for getting at least some basics down, such as making lesson plans, and actually working with the students.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

Teacher class logs are documents that collects data in a classroom. It allows them to reflect on lessons and what impacts it could have left on students, and they could take that data and use that data for other lessons.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:

I would first need to plan on where the field trip would be headed to. Once decided, I would bring it up to HR or others on the teaching team and ask them for advice or if it was work it or not. Then I would got to the VP or Principal for permission to go through with it.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

As a teacher, my rules would be to:
1. Do not speak during the lesson
2. No texting or calling on a cell phone during class.
3. Do not disrespect the student presenting/talking.
4. Stay in your seat until permitted to leave the classroom or other.
5. Do not eat food inside of the classroom unless permitted otherwise.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I have been roleplaying for around 3-4 years. Mostly in medieval games, although I have only played this game for about 1 and a half years. I do know the general basics of roleplaying. I have also learned ways of doing DetailRP. I have learned a ton of new vocabulary that allows my roleplay to be more diverse and interesting.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD

↳ Meaning: Head of Department

↳ Description: This teacher is the head of the subject that they had chosen to teach.

- QT

↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher

↳ Description: They have qualifications of a teacher, but they don't have leadership positions, but they aren't considered new either.

- NQT

↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher

↳ Description: They have either recently gotten their degree, or just began working recently.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers in-game provide a teaching experience found in real schools. Making RP more realistic. Teachers out-of-game can plan their lessons, just as a real teacher would do out of class. In Japan, a teacher can get from 214,000 yen to 629,000 yen per year. Teachers can earn a salary of 450k yen monthly. Teachers can teach in multiple ways, they can be more writing based or more talkative based and project based and work with other students. Teachers can involve real topics teachers in real life talk about and can incorporate them into roleplay. Teachers in their spare time can write down new lesson plans or grade homework from the previous lessons.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers are important to SRP because it allows the roleplay to involve more real-life aspects. They also essentially allow the school to be running, without teachers in a school. There would be much else. Teachers provide a feel for a real classroom and learning actual subjects in the real world, allowing more DetailRP.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

The school uses the lesson planning system, MoSCo - Must Have, Should Have, Could Have

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Ethelred Lenox stands at around 6'5". He has a sharp jawline with small round almond eyes and a bump on his nose. He has stubble on his face with freckled speckled everywhere, . Ethelred has long brown hair with hazel colored eyes. Ethelred is abnormally tall than most of the people he knows, which can have some awkward encounters at times. His outlook on his students is somewhat admirable and inspiring. He loves to cooperate with each of his students and want let them express their creativity. His outlook on the other teachers is somewhat inspiring to him, he wants to learn from the other teachers or willing to teacher newer teachers there. His plan for the future is to eventually become a professor at the college.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

He'd walk over to the students, making an 'ahem' sound to get their attention. " Excuse me, I do not believe that is a proper way to act infront of other students. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to set a bad example for other classmates, now would we? Please run along now. " He'd then warn them with a detention if they disregarded him.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

He'd walk toward the front of the classroom, coughing as a final warning as he would say, 'Quiet down.' Those who continued to not listen he would slowly write down their names.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

He'd be drinking a coffee or some tea, while writing and revising some of his lesson plans. Discussing with other teacher present in the room, their ideas and talk about other topics.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me He would walk towards the chalkboard writing down his name in the corner, 'Mr. Lenox.' Moving the piece of chalk to the middle of the middle of the board he'd write bullet points/main points of that days lesson, putting the piece of chalk down. He'd turn around, facing the students "Morning students. Please, take a seat anywhere you'd like."

/me He would walk around the desks, passing around the assignment. He walked back to the front of the room, grabbing their attention to the front. "You now have the lesson for today. Please do not begin working on the assignment, until I explain it first. " He'd pick a piece of chalk, starting to write on the chalk board.

/me He would see a student on their phone, walking toward them. He'd tap on the students desk, hopefully getting their attention. He'd make an 'ahem', pointing toward the phone. Saying to the student in a soft but stern tone, " Put the phone away, or I will have to give you a slip to detention later this weekend. "

/me He would walk around, " Would anybody like to present their project first? " He'd walk toward a student's desk, tapping on their desk getting their attention, as he spoke " Would you like to go first? " He'd stand, as he waited for a response.

Backstory
Ethelred Lenox grew up in a toxic household, his mother being abusive and drunk most of the time and his father nowhere to be seen. Ethelred Lenox only had his older brother, Eugene Lenox. Eugene would call Ethelred to let him know when it was safe to come back, or when his mother was asleep. Ethelred admires his older brother and looks up to him. Ethelred usually waited next to the school, in the alleyways awaiting his elder brothers call. He never got a call back, Ethelred decided to head back home slowly. Hoping he would get a call reassuring his brother was alright. Let's just say, when he got back it didn't go well. He didn't want to have to rely on his brother anymore, he thought he'd learn his own way himself. By this time, his grades were at an all time low. He would hang around the alleyway. Waiting till 4 AM, to head back home. When he had gotten home, he found a note on the fridge, it was from his brother. It read, "Take care of mom for me, I'm abroad for.. a while. I don't know.. when I'll be back. Just take care of her. " He understood his brother had a life of his own, he shouldn't have to stick around. He went upstairs, looked in his room.. He has his brother, dead. (I do not know if this is too dark, just please tell me because it might get darker. His story is a W.I.P. at the moment.) Few years, Ethelred graduating college, he thought of his brother. He knew he wanted to be a teacher. Eugene never got the time to, Ethelred wanted to keep his legacy alive.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only): Ethelred Lenox
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr. Lenox
Given Name(s): Ethelred
Preferred Name: Ethe

Age (Minimum is 27): 31
Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Roman
Current Location: Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 3 years
Working Experience (# of years): 8 years

Academic Degree: Theater Arts, Education
Year of Graduation: 2012
Major(s): Theatre/English
Minors: Art & Design

Native Languages: English/Japanese
Other Languages: N/A (Have not applied for, planning to be Roman & Latin)

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No.

Extra

Additional notes about your application: I do not know if my characters information is correct, I believe it is. I do apologize if it isn't. I do also apologize if the links do not work.
Do you have any questions?: None, thank you for taking your time reading this.

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying, however, your Teacher application won't be accepted today.

After carefully reading through your application, I have found a few errors that could be improved upon should you decide to re-apply:
-
Your application lacks detail in areas, should you wish to re-apply I recommend taking a look at the FaQ section of the Teacher Information & Taking a read of the tips for applying. Alongside this, make sure you're detailing the important questions such as: your motivation for applying, teacher role descriptions and the scenarios
- I recommend trying out a few roles before applying for a large one. Nevertheless, thank you for applying.

DM me on Discord if you have any questions regarding your application: @KimiNoUso#9999

Users who are viewing this thread