Opening the floodgates with Hampter ft. GangRPers

HunterHampter

Level 62
Community Team
Media Team
HampterHunter
HampterHunter
Notable
Hey, I wanna see all of you guy's Controversial or Hot Takes or any Opinion related to GangRP, go nuts.

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
If you run a "gang" that has more influence over the server than others, E.G

Rakkiyatsu or maybe Valhalla then you're taking of responsibility of how the crime faction of a whole operates in game

Aania

Level 168
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
Just because you get activity doesn't mean you're a good gang.

A good gang has actual depth to it & its members, and not stabby stab give perms or mad.

uta

Level 103
wavestalker
wavestalker
Omega+
the majority of gangrp now is basically people hunting for permissions, metagaming the info somehow and then pulling up with 10 people to major someone and then start to fight them in looc over them stalling for not actioning or rolling

Iris.fi

Level 33
IrisFi
IrisFi
Rich
it's so embarrassing when gangrpers get super mad or toxic in looc when someone takes more than 20 secs to write an action or questions anything

DarkEclipic

Level 160
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
If your gang/members are all about perms, you aren't a gang. You are just perm hunters. There is more to gang ROLEPLAY than just the perm system.

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
gangrp stems from the 'alpha wolf' royale high (mostly. and other places . ) rper mfs . i will not elaborate nor will I back down.

AppaRp

Level 12
AppaRP
AppaRP
Omega+
We need a gang thats a brotherhood. One that has a code of honor and doesnt hold grudges we need one that does whats right and focus on making money instead of fighting.

Mialyansa

Level 60
I'm gonna be honest. The groups in the edge of law or the ones that are a little unorthodox are more interesting. The two GOI(groups of interest) that I covered in the KUERT wiki page are Bandera and Panopticon, those two groups put in the table a new way of understanding the dark side of the city. Panopticon does that by being intelligence agency who is everywhere but not interacting with any group at all. Bandera was anonymous criminal reporting onrain account. Both are more intereseting than the whole gangrp scene.

Sadly many of these groups are hard to find because they are destroyed by the sterotypical gangs in their search for power and "honor" (do you see the quote mark there? lemme make it bigger) "honor". I want to see more interesting groups in the future.

I also want to make an honorific mention to the question mark and pwp onrain accounts. Focusing on breaking and entering was another good approach to gangrp. I also loved the beef and hate they had at the beginning, it was really fun to watch them go full twitter mode.

Hunger sharpens the wit and this server has been starving for too long.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Here you guys go!

Acting on perms isn’t how you get verified/unverified, nor is it even part of the reason. It’s simply a perk. Activity + uniqueness is key.

Stop reviving dead gangs. Be more original than that.

Don’t lie, everyone hits tab to see if cops are on.

“DetailRP” is an absurd social standard of SRP used to determine whether or not someone is eligible for a gang, when it’s THE most ridiculous requirement.

P2L isn’t all it’s hyped up to be, and in most scenarios doesn’t belong in GangRP. Rolling is a necessary evil.

“Unwritten rules” aren’t actually rules. Refer yourselves to the server terminology rules.

Scamming new player red tags (grade-10) is extremely scummy.

Balance lore with activity. Lore isn’t all you need for a good gang, nor is JUST activity. Often times gangs get too invested in lore and forget to actually do something. Some gangs don’t even follow their own lore.

Yamagashira, yama2shira, yama3shira and so on need to stop happening.

Verify your perms with staff before acting on them.

Finally, do try to have a good GangRP scenario without only being able to action every 50 looc messages.

tobbby

Level 277
mrbug_
mrbug_
Rich
it's so embarrassing when gangrpers get super mad or toxic in looc when someone takes more than 20 secs to write an action or questions anything
That is especially scary for me because they go so fast and im trying to keep up but they keep yelling at me

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
I'm gonna be honest. The groups in the edge of law or the ones that are a little unorthodox are more interesting. The two GOI(groups of interest) that I covered in the KUERT wiki page are Bandera and Panopticon, those two groups put in the table a new way of understanding the dark side of the city. Panopticon does that by being intelligence agency who is everywhere but not interacting with any group at all. Bandera was anonymous criminal reporting onrain account. Both are more intereseting than the whole gangrp scene.

Sadly many of these groups are hard to find because they are destroyed by the sterotypical gangs in their search for power and "honor" (do you see the quote mark there? lemme make it bigger) "honor". I want to see more interesting groups in the future.

I also want to make an honorific mention to the question mark and pwp onrain accounts. Focusing on breaking and entering was another good approach to gangrp. I also loved the beef and hate they had at the beginning, it was really fun to watch them go full twitter mode.

Hunger sharpens the wit and this server has been starving for too long.
i personally have no clue what you're on about here

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
GangRPers do not care about basic roleplay etiquette, nor do they understand that roleplay isn't a "game" they are meant to win.
  • Rather than using an IC situation to collectively tell a story with the people involved, they just want to get in, get their activity log, and get out.
  • You can never take your time without them harassing you OOCly to hurry up, they will attempt to influence your perception of the rules in order to get what they want, and oftentimes flat out lie about rules or details about the current situation.
  • GangRPers are allergic to writing full sentences outside the context of pre-scripted events. No, your copy/paste paragraphs do not count. Hotkeying actions is the laziest form of engaging with the server.
  • If you do or say anything that a GangRPer is unfamiliar with, they will always call you out on it in OOC and insist that either you don't do it or staff will be called.
  • GangRPers do not care if certain roleplay makes people uncomfortable or otherwise tarnishes their experience on the server. Rather than considering the person behind the character, they do whatever they'd like simply because the rules permit it.
These are generalizations, understand that some things do not apply equally to everyone in the GangRP community.

Additionally, gang culture should not exist on a server that focuses primarily on school roleplay. Rather than developing an intricate criminal side of Karakura, there should have been a much heavier focus on delinquent activity within the school; that way, criminal and/or delinquent activity would happen within the school itself, rather than the two things being almost entirely separated from one another.

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
I agree wi
Here you guys go!

Acting on perms isn’t how you get verified/unverified, nor is it even part of the reason. It’s simply a perk. Activity + uniqueness is key.

Stop reviving dead gangs. Be more original than that.

Don’t lie, everyone hits tab to see if cops are on.

“DetailRP” is an absurd social standard of SRP used to determine whether or not someone is eligible for a gang, when it’s THE most ridiculous requirement.

P2L isn’t all it’s hyped up to be, and in most scenarios doesn’t belong in GangRP. Rolling is a necessary evil.

“Unwritten rules” aren’t actually rules. Refer yourselves to the server terminology rules.

Scamming new player red tags (grade-10) is extremely scummy.

Balance lore with activity. Lore isn’t all you need for a good gang, nor is JUST activity. Often times gangs get too invested in lore and forget to actually do something. Some gangs don’t even follow their own lore.

Yamagashira, yama2shira, yama3shira and so on need to stop happening.

Verify your perms with staff before acting on them.

Finally, do try to have a good GangRP scenario without only being able to action every 50 looc messages.
th eeverything here, i think gangs just put random detailrp to make it seem like there's a standard for joining, when they never use those detailrp skills later on

Balancing lore with activity isn't hard when you're doing something unique and possible on the server. If you get what i mean, do something simple at this point. Tying to be unique is what kills your gang i learned so going with the less complicated route is the best way

everything else is valid

Users who are viewing this thread