Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
ProblematicRP
Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your timezone?:
EDT/EST
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I'm very aware that if I'm inactive I will be demoted from my position as a teacher.
Describe your activity on the server:
My activity on SRP, is like a 10/10. I'm extremely active, and am always on!
Do you have any previous bans?:
Yes, ERP and Spreading Erotic Literature, but I have learned from those mistakes.
Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/shop-application.33150/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lang-application.33293/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/foxythedorks-lang-application-redo.33294/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/foxythedorks-ban-appeal.33310/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/foxythedorks-second-ban-appeal.33625/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/foxythedorks-italian-lang-application.33727/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/foxythedorks-italian-lang-app-redo.33728/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/foxythedorks-shop-owner-application-redo.33949/ [Pending]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/foxythedorks-ban-appeal-12-15-2020.33965/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/foxythedorks-ban-appeal-12-24-2020.34300/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/gangrp1-ban-appeal.34354/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/foxythedork-tatsuya-j-kuribayashi-college-application.34667/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/foxythedorks-college-application-redo.34805/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/foxythedorks-french-application.35901/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/foxythedorks-french-application-re-do.35924/ [Accepted]
What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

[18][Grade-12]

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation for becoming a teacher, is to be more involved in SRP, and to also be part of the school staff. I would love to be a teacher, to finally hold classes for the players that are always bored during school hours, since I'm always active they will never be bored during school hours.
What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
The logs are for telling how long you have been playing OOCly in school. When you first enter the school you will need to take a screenshot, and also whenever you leave the school you will need to take an screenshot. This is to show how many hours you have worked, to know how much your paycheck will be. It also will tell, how many classes you have done to also see how much you will be payed. I'm just assuming this, if this wrong I'd be happy to learn more about how logs work.
You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:
In order to take a field trip with your class you will need to tell the class first, and I assume ask the principal or higher school staff member if it's alright to do so. Also when taking field trips, you must never leave school grounds under any circumstances, unless given permission. I will also make sure to announce whenever I'll be having a field trip, before the class so the students can be ready!
As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
My strict rules would be;
1. Stay quiet, unless called on! No shouting in the classroom.
2. Stay seated at all times, unless given permission to move.
3. Do not speak, while I am speaking.
4. No shouting out, you must always raise your hand.
5. Always participate! No answer is a bad answer!
6. Treat yourself and others with respect.
7. Never talk back, under any circumstances.
What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have a lot of experience with roleplaying. I have GangRPed, RomanceRPed, DetailRPed, and a bunch more. I have a lot of experiences, also I know about all the rolls and perms and everything there is to know. I feel like with this much knowledge I'd be a very good part of the School Staff/Faculty.
Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD:
Highest role attainable as they are the Head of Department, leading all the other teachers under their department. Meaning they are in charge of the whole subject I believe.
- QT:
Qualified teacher, second highest position. They are the very familiar with being a teacher, and know the ropes!
- NQT:
Newly Qualified Teacher, the starting rank. This teacher is new and was just hired and have to take sometime to learn the ropes about being a teacher!

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Teachers in-game: Teachers in game, seem to be more caring but also kind of harder, on students. When they are not doing their jobs during school hours and are just living their normal lives they seem to become more friendly then when they are off duty. This is how I see the teachers in my perspective at least, if you are friends with a teacher when it comes to school hours they seem to act like they don't even know you. Another thing the teachers do in game is that, when they have classes they tend to do them repeated so that students who haven't joined their class can join, and that if they don't have enough time and they say next class or the next day, they stick to their word and continue on with their lesson from where they left off. Also with the teachers, they seem to pick the subjects they know fondly letting the students get more educated in that subject.

Teachers out-of-game: Teachers out of game, are very very very extremely helpful with anything you need. They also help you with, personal stuff too, like if you're getting bullied they will try and become your friend and also help you with the situation. They also make sure that you are doing okay in your classes, and that if they need to talk with you 1-on-1 about grades and how you can fix them, if needed. Teachers out-of-game are more like a friend in a way, they care about you like a family, and are supportive with your decisions and actions, unless they are horrible stupid actions. I feel like teachers should always be this way.

Salaries: Very, unaware about how much a teacher is paid ICly and OOCly, if it depends on how long you have been online or, anything really, but I'm happy to learn more about this feature.
Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are the key to "School"RP, if teachers were not a thing in SRP, it literally wouldn't be SRP, school related. Teachers make up SRP, the school makes up SRP, if the teachers were never a thing, what would be the point of SRP? So yes teachers in SRP are extremely important to the gameplay and roleplay experiences. Also with teachers, a lot of the students become their children, and with the teachers having children means a bunch more Roleplay experiences.
What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
I'm unaware of this feature, but am willing to learn more about it and how it works.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?
The character I will be using for my role as a teacher is, Oscar Corbin. Oscar, is a very outgoing and optimistic person, he loves helping people out and helping with people's problems as well. Oscar is a loving person as well, and will always be there to help his friends and also family. His personality checks out to be a loving, caring, and all and all amazing human being, he will never let anyone hurt you or touch you, if he sees them as a threat. He can sometimes lose is temper if you push it to that point.

Oscar looks like a French male, who is 6'4. He also, always wears sort nice looking clothing. He's very muscular, and slim, he smells of mangos. He has brown eyes, and slick blonde hair that would wave in the wind.

What makes Oscar unique is his amazing outlook on academics. He is very educated in what he would love to teach, and how he will help his students have fun learning the subject he teaches as well. He wants to make sure to students are having as much fun as they can learning, instead of just a boring class where you just sit down and take notes, he wants to make sure the class is very active in what they do.

Oscar's outlook on the students, is that he will treat all students with the same amount of respect and equally making sure no student gets "Special treatment". He believes all his students have the potential of becoming something great, and learning from his class. He also makes sure he students understand the way he teachers and that they are active in the learning process.

Oscar will take the other teachers as potential friends of his, and perhaps maybe even relationship wise outside of working hours of course. If he does indeed get a relationship with one of his colleagues he will make sure to keep that outside of working hours. He also views his colleagues as, benefits if to work together and that they could help each other in different scenarios.
Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Oscar would walk up to the students informing them that their behavior will not be tolerated here, and that this is a warning and if he sees this again it will be a detention, and if he sees it a third time it will be a immediate send to the principal's.
No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Oscar, will warn them once and if they do not stop, he will give them detention, if it's a selected few students. If say the whole class is being this disrespectful, he will simply tell the class, he will not teach until they quiet down, and he will even hold them till he finishes the lesson no matter how long it takes. If this still does not work, he will call for the main office/principal.
When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
When Oscar is in the teacher's lounge, he will discuss him lessons and how well some students did, he will also chit chat with his colleagues trying to become friends with them as well. He will use this time to also think of the next lesson he will teacher for the next day.
Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me He'd sit down at his desk, staring at the students waiting for them to quiet down. Once they have quieted down he would stand up writing on the chalkboard the lesson for today. He would then turn to face the class, clearing his throat before speaking.

/me He'd begin handing out scripts for every student to have, while placing a piece of paper along with it saying which character they would be acting as, after handing out all the scripts he'd quietly return to his desk getting ready to speak.

/me He'd angerly stand up from his desk, walking over to the phone dialing the principal's office, to come take away "{Student's Name}" for his horrible behavior, he would listen to the phone ring three times waiting for someone to pick up, when no one picked up. Oscar would walk over to the student handing them a detention slip.

/me He'd call up two students, asking them to take a scene he has given them and to act it out, as if they were that character. He'd watch thoroughly as the two students completed this task, when they finished he would congratulate them, telling them to sit back down.

Backstory
Oscar grew up in France with his mother and father, and his two sisters. He was not the richest out of everyone, but it was good enough to keep him out of being homeless. Oscar grew up with very strict parents, where if he messed up his own language he was beaten, and abused. When he was 12 his sister, Tessa, ran away from home and he lost her forever, and also at that time his parents but his other sister, Tahlia, up for adoption since she did not represent "their family name". Oscar, had enough of how his parents treated him so he ran away from home, to Japan. When he moved to Japan, he was flooded with amazing new people, and with those new people became a interest in a job of becoming a teacher. His biggest inspiration for becoming a teacher was his, 3rd grade science teacher, who told Oscar how amazing being a teacher is and how it helps with amazing things in the future, and how it helps you with social skills, and how you get to help people too. After hearing this Oscar was convinced he wanted to be a teacher when he grew up, but after he became older he wasn't sure for what. He soon realized he wanted to teach Drama/Theater when he was 16, and joined the Drama classes. He loved the idea of Theater and all of it. He would stay behind classes sometimes, asking for advice with the teacher on how they became a drama teacher and how hard it would possibly be to get hired. When he became, 17 he was looking into colleges to help him with training to become a Drama Teacher, and soon enough he went to college, learned the ropes and tricks on becoming an amazing teacher for Drama, and now is looking for a job as a Drama teacher.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name: Oscar Martin Corbin
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr
Given Name(s): Oscy
Preferred Name: Oscar

Age (Minimum is 27): 34
Religious Denomination: Doesn't have a specific one
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: French
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 3 years
Working Experience (# of years): 4 years

Academic Degree: Bachelor in Acting, Playwriting
Year of Graduation: 2008
Major(s): Teaching Theatre Arts, Creative Drama, Shakespeare, Play ****ysis, History of Musical Theatre, Creative Drama
Minors: Acting Technique I, Development of the Theatre, Teaching Theatre Arts, Creative Drama, Acting Technique II, Acting Techniques III

Native Languages: French
Other Languages: Spanish, and Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes
Preferred Teaching Subject: Drama, Theater

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): N/A
Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying, however, your Teacher application won't be accepted today.

After carefully reading through your application, I have found a few errors that could be improved upon should you decide to re-apply:
-
Decent application, though the responses to the Teacher Knowledge section is researchable, specifically speaking the question: "What salary do they get?" The salary is visible on the Highschool Teacher Format, Information & More thread; out of character would need outside research.
- Please further elaborate further on your response to: "Describe the ranking system of teachers:" and "Describe your activity on the server:", you can't always be on.
- After discussing your application with another member of staff, I have come to the decision to deny it. In future, please be patient rather than asking when applications will be marked and try to refrain from asking previously accepted teachers for their opinion on applications.

DM me on Discord if you have any questions regarding your application: @KimiNoUso#9999

Users who are viewing this thread