15 years old

Do you have any previous bans?:
None

What Country are you from?:
I currently reside in the U.S.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?):
Reinahx#0069

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I indeed acknowledge this fact but I am applying ready to put time and effort into this role and opportunity if given the chance.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I can be found on the server everyday whether it be for a few minutes or hours, all the way till I head to bed with of course reasonable breaks to maintain my health. I have multiple activity based roles that I have to be on top of which pushes me to keep track of my time online, coming online as much as I can to fulfill mandatory quotas or participation. Though I did have a time period of inactivity, after a few weeks to a month later, I began coming back on more often due to new accomplishments I wished to achieve, pushing me to apply for roles I was interested in allowing me now reasons and priorities to come online.

I am not as active on the forums than I am the server but I have been finding myself looking through forums more frequently whether it may be I’m applying for something, looking through for any server updates, or are viewing the forum posts from other players usually lasting a few minutes to an hour or sometimes more.

How long have you played SchoolRP for?:
I have played SchoolRP for a year now, my date of joining was July the 18th of last year from last I've checked.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

‘MapleRei’
[Accepted]
EMS Application | https://schoolrp.net/threads/hospital-staff-psychiatrist-application.39396/
Shop Owner | https://schoolrp.net/threads/tanoshimi-shop-applicarion.33903/
Thai Language | https://schoolrp.net/threads/thai-language-app.33760/
Spanish Language | https://schoolrp.net/threads/spanish-language-application.39811/
French | https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-language-application.33640/

[Denied]
Event Team | https://schoolrp.net/threads/maplerei’s-event-team-application.35710/

‘TaxEvasionFraud’

[Accepted]
Service Dog | https://schoolrp.net/threads/service-dog-script.33757/
French Language | https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-2-language-application.34761/
Russian Language | https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-language-application.39298/

[Denied]
French Language | https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-language-application.34758/

[Pending]
Event Team | https://schoolrp.net/threads/taxevasionfraud-event-team-application.41744/

‘TaxEvasionRei’

[Accepted]
JSL | https://schoolrp.net/threads/japanese-sign-language-application.41486/
Dutch | https://schoolrp.net/threads/dutch-language-application.40552/
Employee | https://schoolrp.net/threads/nurse-employee-application-simpingforakamai.40579/

[Extras]
Age request [3x]
Glitched Item [1x]
Role Request [1x]
College [2x]

Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?:

MapleRei | 35 | Psychiatrist
TaxEvasionFraud | Grade 12 | Basketball Team
TaxEvasionRei | Grade 11

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:

During my time as a college student twice, I found it very fun interacting with the teachers, participating and answering their questions which created a thought in my mind about becoming a professor myself a few months ago but was never able to post my application until now when the professor role announcement had been posted, seeing it as a sign to finally apply after so long of having the application completed but set aside. At first I wasn’t so sure on what I wanted to teach or what was available, but after some research, business management was one of the things I was most knowledgeable on that I found interesting apart from Psychiatry and medicine but I wanted to do a subject the students will much more rather learn and partake in than listening to lectures about how to emotionally maintain stability. I want to use my knowledge to inform the characters and players themselves of how to efficiently manage a business as it will be beneficial for them icly and oocly speaking if they have an interest in being an owner of their own company, becoming an engineer, or they just want to own their own product line, such as clothing. Not only will I be able to put my knowledge to use for the benefit of others, I’ll also have more interactivity and opportunities to roleplay and talk to other players which I find very fun to do as I get to meet a variety of different characters and see the outcome of people's creativity when creating them. I have lots of free time on my hands now that I do not have school and so do others, so most college students apply in hopes of being able to be able to experience more things and subjects whilst in school icly or want to improve their characters knowledge for any future goals they have work related in order to occupy themselves if they don’t have any friends online or want to try something new. The students need more courses available to them and I really do think business management would be a good addition for the engineering type students. I have heard from multiple of my past ICLY college friends how they wished there was a business course as well as my current friends who helped me choose the subject business management, all of them influencing my choice and I feel not only will it be fun for the college students, it is a topic I will enjoy researching more about and preparing in order to teach during classes, benefiting both parties.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:
Yes I very much do as when I first joined a few months ago, I already had subtle knowledge on how to roleplay but the more I played, I somehow became involved in GangRP but stopped a few months after as I do not enjoy it anymore but even now I continue to take part in highschool classes and continue roleplaying as a hospital staff, talking to players fairly frequently, as well as it being what my role as a Psychiatrist is meant for just as my past roles which also consisted of speaking and roleplay with others often. I have been roleplaying on SchoolRP for almost a year now and still enjoy doing so, gaining multiple roleplay opportunities, accumulating experience as the months had gone by.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
Classroom logs are when you note the days you’ve taught a lesson which gives the higher ups information on your activity and it helps keep track of what days you came online to fulfill your role, assessing a learning period. Classroom logs also help figure out pay and whether or not you’re actually doing your job in which you will be demoted if you do not show progress, being 15 quotas or lectures.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Classroom Rules:
  1. Maintain professionalism in the classroom the best you can as you, as a college student, represent the school's education and the school as a whole and are to be role models to the younger students as well as fellow classmates.​
  2. Respect and acknowledge your fellow classmates when they are speaking or were given permission from the teacher to get up to demonstrate anything involving the lesson or activity at hand.​
  3. Keep classroom and lecture disruption to a minimum or none at all as it can get in the way of a smooth lesson, ending in an uncompleted lecture which will cause more work for the Professor, having to change future lesson plans and adapting to an off-track schedule.​
  4. Class arrival punctuation is important and is mandatory unless a valid excuse is given in order for a Professor to be able to teach all that they had planned for the day.​
  5. Time management is recommended for most of the students to have down and perfected the best they can so they are able to complete and turn in assignments on time as well as being punctual to class.​
  6. Before and during a class, the students should already be prepared with their materials and necessities, sat organized at their seat, unless it is an activity or quiz in which the Professor will have prepared instead.​
  7. Nourishments should not be seen anywhere in the class unless given permission from the Professor to eat or drink at that moment in time and any garbage should be rid of in a respectful manner going into their designated garbage areas.​
  8. Leaving class midway should only be done with a valid excuse and should not be abused, going the same for late classroom arrivals.​
  9. Electronics are not allowed unless permission is granted with a valid excuse whether it be for an emergency or your specified Professor has given permission for all to use your electronic device for the activity at hand.​

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
I have multiple SchoolRP and general roleplay experiences as before I began playing on SchoolRP, I had been a body actor as well as voice actor for multiple different genre of roleplays where improv was sometimes set in place, which I enjoyed doing a lot but do not have many time for anymore or they are currently set on pause and as stated before for SchoolRP, my roleplay experience has improved greatly over the year I’ve been playing and accumulated into my current point whereas now I roleplay almost everyday.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?

The general tasks of being a College professor includes maintaining professionalism at all times around town and in school, being a good role model as they come to school with a fully planned out lesson plan which should be organized and prepared prior to the date. Their lesson plans should include a fully detailed unit in which they will teach during the class and should not be lenient towards disruptions nor should they be biased against the students and their educations, keeping the attention balanced as well as staying productive the entire class time.They are to keep up with their activity and lessons, reaching 15 quotas a month and if finished by the end of the month, they will gain the minimum of 450,000 yen and with 10 extra class quotas, gaining an extra 50,000 yen, maximum payment being 500,000 yen.

Character Knowledge
Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?

Physical Appearance:
Renka is a 5’6 Dutch native female who has pure blonde hair, always keeping it in buns with her constant red ribbons, having amethyst-toned like eyes, as both her hair shade and eyes endowed one another. Her physique was of the average 38 year old female with a healthy build, though being taller than most of the females she encountered. Not slim nor weighted and a face seemingly simple with slightly visible eyebags as all her facial features seems to perfectly compliment each other.

Unique Qualities/Traits:

What’s unique about Renka is that she doesn’t try to stand out nor go over her limits to meet everyone's expectations or standards. She is not easily bothered by others' comments nor goes out of her way to confront those who dare spout nonsense about her as she has already grounded her mind and body, only allowing positive words to affect her, keeping an active mindset the best she can. She is a current single adult who only wishes to be able to benefit the students and focus on them rather than a love life or family. The way in which she speaks is a bit unique, sometimes mistaken as her being informal but unlike other adults who speak professionally, she sometimes has a change in tone, almost sounding country or slang.

Student-Teacher Outlook:

Renka would like to make class as fun as possible for the students while meeting all her teaching plans as productively as she can without boring the students and hopes to be able to connect to them, allowing them to be comfortable with speaking their mind to her possibly influencing them to be more open to answering questions or even asking them. She wants to be someone all the students look forward to seeing and being around, in and out of school, as well being someone the students can rely on for help or support with any concerns, troubles, they may have. As for her fellow co-workers, she hopes to become close to some if not all of them so that they are able to support each other along their journey teaching students. She'd like them all as well to be comfortable with Renka and to not hesitate to ask any questions or for help of any sort.

Personality:

Renka is a cheery individual who enjoys speaking, sometimes speaking too much, always wanting to make sure those around her feel loved and involved. Her flaws would include how gullible and of an air-head she is, but she means well despite some of the words she may say. She is not easily weighed down and is mostly always positive as she believes smiles can become contagious, keeping one on as much as possible to make the students and those around her warm and comfortable with conversing with her but just as any adult, she can be mature and serious when times call for it, becoming rather scary and menacing than most when she does, strict teachers already being scary in general but kind teachers unleashing the underworld when nerved as most like to say it.

Future Plans:

Renka, in the future, hopes to teach students as much as she can before moving on to possibly creating and settling down with her future family, not wanting to continue with any other professions. A life of bliss and relaxation is what most individuals her age as well as older people hope and wish for, for their present life and future. Her only goal is to influence and teach the students as much as she can so they can go about becoming successful and living life on their own with background knowledge to back them up then proceeding to retire once she knows she’s served enough time to teach and focus on the student’s education.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?

Renka would calmly walk up to the students, asking politely for them to quiet down or move outside where they could not disrupt any classes or students and if they did not the first time, she would continue to ask politely 2 more times before threatening possible punishments. If they still continue after being told to quiet down multiple times and hearing the possibility of a punishment, she would proceed to bring them all into the councillors room where she and others would go about enforcing detention for the individuals involved. If they were interrupting Renka’s own class, she would still go about asking them to quiet down or move elsewhere, threatening later on to get the Dean or Principal depending on what grade the students were.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?

There will be no leniency towards disrupting students and will be kicked right then and there from the class and a failing grade will automatically be put into their records for the class, for participation and any possible quizzes that were prepared. If they continue to disrupt outside after being kicked out, they will be threatened with a visit to the Dean or possible detention depending on the severity of their actions.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me &3A grand smile set on her face as her palms clasped together, joining one another, bringing them towards her chest showing her eagerness &f”Welcome, welcome students! Take a seat wherever ya’ like! &3Slowly panning her head across the class to observe the seated students &f” Before we begin! I’d like ta’ introduce myself to all of you. You may call me Ms. Matsu or Ms. Matsumae and I’ll be your business management professor till ya’ graduate!”

/me
&3Stepped aside walking towards her storage room, bobbing her head side to side as she did, still with a smile upon her face &f” All righto kiddo’s! Can those who don’t have a notebook to write in raise their hands? &3Proceeding to take the notebooks, before she finished counting the raised hands, counting as she one by one took out a notebook

/me
&3Finally finished giving out the reference images from her lesson plan, continuing to draw on the chalk board the first image where there’d be a chart comparing customers to days, designating the Y and X axis and the headings &f” Now! The first scenario is about a man who is not sure why less and less customers are coming to his general retail store for clothing, none being high brand but general . . .Can anyone tell me before we continue, what they think this man could set in place that could attract customers to come shop at his store?”

/me
&3After handing out the pop quizzes to each individual, she’d go back to her desk to check her paperwork and files quickly before walking towards the students and around the class to check on each student’s progress before lightly saying as to not disrupt too much &f”Don’t be afraid to ask any question ta’ me kiddo’s! I’d be glad to help as long as it’s in my power. And remember to keep track of ya’ time and don’t spend too long on one multiple choice!”

/me
&3Equipped cleaning gloves, her cleaning materials already prepared and set on a desk beforehand as she took the bottle of clorox wipes, opening it swiftly then grabbing a few pieces before walking towards one of the desks, one of her hands grabbing holding of the side of the desk while she used her other hand that held a clorox wipe, to wipe down the desk as much as she could to rid of the piled bacteria and dust from today's usage.

Backstory

On October 13th, in the year 1985, a Dutch native female gave birth to her very first child Renka Matsumae, observed to have Amethyst-like eyes and subtle blonde hair looking more similar to her Mother than Japanese native Father. The trio were very happy together and 5 years later Renka’s mother had another daughter who came to be known as Angelina Matsumae. Before Renka’s mother had taken a leave, she worked at a daycare, caring for little ones and Renka would visit there often whenever she could after school. Even before her sister's birth and her mother had been kept at home, she would still visit the daycare as the little ones had grown to look up to her as an older sister and she enjoyed reading them stories, watching over them, and even helping them learn the alphabet. This passion of teaching slowly grew inside of her as she continued teaching and working with the young children the more years passed. While her mother worked at a daycare, her father was a businessman day and night. She’d visit and tag along with her father at work, sometimes in business meetings or trips, becoming captivated by the business industry. In high-school Renka would volunteer for student tutor opportunities as she enjoyed helping others and using her aspirations for the benefit of improvement of others academically. It warmed her heart whenever she saw that her help had improved someone in the department they were not so strong in before. Along with teaching, she also enjoyed cooking and baking as well as most other sports. Not only that, she also frequently visited new environments such as different countries, nature areas, and tourist destinations and if she wasn’t out on an adventure or doing what she loved most, then you could find her in group hangouts though this would usually be out of her comfort zone. In Renka’s college years, she took business courses hoping to follow in her father’s footsteps as a businessman in order to make him proud and be able to financially support her future husband and family. During his educational years, she studied banking and finance, economics and accounting but not knowing if it was enough for her goal, she also signed up for classes such as financial literacy, calculus and sociology. At the age of 18, Renka came to Japan in an abroad program and fell in love with all that crossed her eyes; the view, scenery and the culture. Later on, she decided to move to Japan with her younger sister as a roommate along with a few of her friends, her destination being Karakura, Japan. Her life here was going well and an opportunity came along where she was recruited for an internship at a business named “Fujihara Rhapsody.” She was very excited to start out as an intern and possibly become a permanent member once her trial was over but her time there wasn’t what she expected it to be. She began learning the truth of how corrupt the business really was and her aspirations were slowly being drained from her, experiencing the terrible things they were doing first hand. Renka, from that point, was no longer the business-aspired lady she used to be and so when she was finally offered a permanent spot at the company, she rejected their offer and changed. This change is where her new dreams began forming, influencing her to decide to become a professor or teacher in order to teach the students on how to manage their own business and how to manage it the right way without leaning towards corrupt ways or strategies to gain business, wealth and fame. When she learned that there was an opening for a college professor at Karakua College, she immediately applied with goals and hopes that she could pass on her aspirations and goals to the students, so that they could become the businessman and lady she lost all hope and faith to be.

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Renka Matsumae
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Renka
Preferred Name: Renka, Ms. Matsumae or Ms. Matsu

Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Unmarried, Single

Nationality:
Dutch
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):
Tutor - 3 years | Teaching Assistant - 5 years
Working Experience (# of years): 11 years

Academic Degree:
Terminal Degree
Year of Graduation: 2009
Major(s): Financial An*lyst, business
Minors: Sociology, economics

Native Languages:
Dutch
Other Languages: Japanese Sign Language

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
TEFL - Certified Abroad
Preferred Teaching Subject:
Business Management

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): N/A
Do you have any questions?: N/A​

Last edited:

Alcidies

Level 133
Alcidies
Alcidies
Rich
ACCEPTED

-Congratulations on being accepted into the Professor faction!
-
- After reading your application it was quite up to standards to becoming a Professor, After viewing this message you should be pinged in the Karakura Academic's discord to view further information within the chats there.

Users who are viewing this thread