Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
IGN (In-Game Name):

orbittalll

What is your discord name & tag?:
nebulosi

Previous bans:
N/A

Describe your activity on the server:
Currently, I would rate my activity as a 7 out of 10. I try my best to log on every day and participate in some roleplay, however sometimes I'm required to prioritize my schoolwork over the server alongside my other tasks.

What is your timezone?:
EST

List your current and past applications:

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
Generally, I’ve been roleplaying for the past 7 years on varying platforms. But specifically on SRP, I’ve been on both Bobcat and Spartan cheer teams which allowed me to further interact with neighboring teams and expand on detailed roleplay, jock roleplay and overall getting me into a more comfortable mindset when it comes to interacting with new people on the server.

What is your motivation for applying?:
Simply put: more roleplay experience. I’d like to explore a different part of SRP outside of the school and sports faction. I feel as though EMS would bring a lot to my table of experience, and even challenge me to write and put myself in IC situations that would typically be outside of my comfort zone. OOCly, I’ve been interested in psychology ever since I’ve taken the class in highschool. From there I did a bit more research on my own to grow on my knowledge, and it’s become one of my favorite interests over the past few years. I feel as though working in EMS would give me a way to express this interest in its rightful setting, and even prompt me to learn more about the subject as a whole.

Which role are you applying for?
(Surgeon, Doctor, or Psychiatrist):

Psychiatrist

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?:
Clinical lead:
Those who are in charge of the different branches of EMS. For example, the lead of the Doctor branch is a Clinical lead. Each lead trains their own branch.

Doctor:
They are responsible for check ups, less severe surgical procedures, and generally treat injuries alongside illnesses. More complex issues that are outside of a doctor’s speciality (i.e broken bones) will be moved to be a surgeon’s responsibilty.

Surgeon:
They are the ones that handle major/severe injuries and perform surgeries and/or major operations. They are able to prescribe medicine.

Psychiatrist:
Responsible for diagnosing, treating and preventing mental, emotional and behavioral disorders. However, they may also provide counseling for patients, and aiding them in their current mental state. This can be done with therapy, medication and/or both; They are able to prescribe medicine.

I also have knowledge on three emergency color codes, those being a code red for fire hazards, a code blue for emergencies relating to a patient’s health, and a code white which is when an aggressive patient to both themselves and the people around them.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?:
Yes, I acknowledge this.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?:
Yes.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?:
Yes.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?:
Yes.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:

Tavo Mendoza

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Man, He/Him

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

Masters in Clinical Psychology

Character’s Nationality:
Salvadoran

Character’s Marital Status:
Single

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Unaffiliated

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Spanish, English, Japanese

Backstory (100+ Words):
Born in Santa Ana, El Salvador, Tavo Mendoza was raised in an average household with a notably wealthy family due to their involvement in the medical field. He had a childhood that revolved around the inspiring influence of his hardworking grandparents. While his parents held regular 9-5 jobs, Tavo spent a significant amount of time with his grandparents, who continued to work even in their later years due to their deep appreciation for their professions and the value they placed on knowledge.

During these formative years, Tavo's grandparents often discussed their work, igniting a spark of curiosity within him. Intrigued by their conversations and eager to understand the fascinating world they spoke of, Tavo embarked on brief research sessions to explore the field of clinical psychology. The intricacies of the human mind, the complexities of emotions, and the opportunity to help others through the understanding of psychological processes captivated his interest. From that moment on, Tavo's passion for psychology flourished. Throughout his grade school years, he seized every opportunity to take psychology class electives, immersing himself in the subject even further. He sought out psychology-related books, taking note (mentally and physically) of their contents to expand his understanding of it overall.

Tavo's dedication to his education fueled his drive to excel academically. He consistently pushed himself to achieve outstanding grades, realizing that a strong academic foundation would be essential for his future aspirations, being that of entering the psychiatric field. Despite his family's wealth, Tavo wanted to prove himself through his own achievements. As he approached the end of his high school journey, Tavo set his sights on attending medical school to pursue psychology and eventually become a psychiatrist. The desire to make a meaningful impact on people's lives became the driving force behind his career aspirations.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY

What is your character’s medical specialty? Why did they choose this focus?

(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)
Tavo's medical speciality, in specific, was clinical psychology; He majored in psychology and acquired a masters in the subject. This focus has been an interest of his ever since middle school when his family's medical field history was brought up at the dinner table. From then, he always found himself feeling satisfied when he aided his peers to better mental health, though he never listened to his own advice. Although he knew the textbook descriptions of them, Tavo was inexperienced with mental disorders. His time in medical school is what allowed him to garner more information regarding mental illnesses on a more personal level and generally more in-depth.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?:
After graduating from medical school, Tavo decided to work as a psychiatrist in his home country El Salvador. Given his family's history and few of his relatives working in the medical field, he was almost immediately ushered into a position at a conveniently nearby hospital. But Tavo only worked there briefly; It was always a dream of his to travel the world with no set goal in mind for the places he chose to visit. Japan was on his extensively long list, and it just so happened that a hospital in a small town was looking for suitable psychiatrists to fill those open positions. Tavo decided to take a chance and open his doors for new opportunities in Karakura.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?:
Yes; Tavo briefly worked in El Salvador as a trainee psychiatrist. With his love for traveling, he opted to take a risk and go for the opportunity to work in Japan.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?:
N/A

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?:

With light brown coils cascading down his visage, Tavo had a bronzed complexion that was mixed with vitiligo. Mendoza is a Salvadoran man with what he'd class as "welcoming yet striking" features. But despite his words, his expression was anything but that. He always held a deadpan expression regardless of the inflection in his voice.

While unbothered, Tavo has a remarkable talent of being kind to those who might not even deserve it half of the time. His anger is definitely something that'd be considered rare, as it only flares up in very specific occasions - None of which would occur in the workplace... hopefully.

How does your character act on and off duty?:
While on duty, Tavo is cool, calm and collected… until he’s not. The slightest peeve that gets set off may put him in a bad mood, but it would only be noticeable through his tone of voice. He’s typically always on the move, rushing from one room to the next to make himself look busy even when he has nothing to accomplish for the day. Of course, when the time comes to do therapy or renew a prescription, he’s able to hold onto a respectable attitude with the patient.
When Tavo is off duty and in the comfort of his own apartment he’s typically laying about and watching his favorite movies back to back, partaking in one of his hobbies or going on a walk around town. His professionally stoic personality doesn’t come into play until he’s in his uniform; When that’s off, Tavo could probably be compared to someone in their teenage years.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?:
In most settings Tavo functions better on his own, though he isn’t opposed to working with others if the situation calls for it. Anything that he deemed to be out of his control (such as some spontaneous event that could result in him getting hurt in some way) would be a time he’d take to reach out and request assistance.

What plans does your character have for the future?:
Currently, Tavo has no plans for the future. He’s simply living his life as he aspired to since his freshman year in highschool. But as far as his perception of… well, everything, can reach? He sees himself staying in the psychiatric field for the next few years that he’s in Karakura. Outside of anything career related, at this point in his development Tavo doesn’t have any plans to start a family or anything of the sort that holds the potential to “restrain him,” as he would word it.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?:
By others, I would assume Tavo to be perceived as someone that’s mellow and typically laid-back. He also views himself as mellow, however he’d refer to himself as strict and occasionally harsh if anything; He’s always doubtful of himself, hence why he pushes himself to do the most in order to attain some sort of positive acknowledgement from his peers or, in this case, his co-workers.​

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we hope you are excited to hear that you have been accepted!

- In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles.
- You will also need to be online in order to receive an introduction and the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as a Hospital Worker.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 4lx. - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread