Notable

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft Username?:
Itllbefine - Applying on, Alt.

Castrle - Main
Econ0m1c - Alt
PinkRP - unfortunately lost account

Do you have any previous bans?:
In the meantime of this application being put up, I have received a singular ban due to a misunderstanding.
I hope to never receive another punishment again, and this shall hopefully be a one-time occurrence, accident or not.
https://schoolrp.net/threads/cas-ban-appeal.47291/

What is your timezone?:
My Timezone is EST.

What is your discord username and discriminator:
My discord is Castriel#0420!

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I understand this entirely, active faculty members are key to a properly run school experience and to keep students in line.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I am online on SRP almost daily and regularly check the forums when I am playing or when I am unable to remain active on the direct server. I am level 38 on the forums at the time of posting, and typically check up, look over and respond to posts on the website whenever I have free time, I love interacting with the SRP community.

How long have you played SchoolRP for?:
From what I can recall, I believe I’ve been playing SRP for around two years, give or take. I’ve been active for a year now, but my previous experiences are very fuzzy due to taking a long break at some point in between due to personal circumstances.

Previous Applications:

ACCEPTED:

Art Teacher Application
JSL Application
German Application
Russian Application
College rank request
Height Request
French request
Third Language Application
2nd third language application
Latin Application
An initial unlinkable german application.

DENIED:
Council application
JSL application [Incorrect format]
First Russian application
Height request
Height Request #2
[at least they said it was good]

Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?:
Grade 11 - Main Account - Castrle
Grade 8 - Alternate account - Econ0m1c
Grade 7 - itllbefine

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:

I have previously acted in a teacher's position, one where I had been under and applied under immensely stressful and destructive circumstances at the time, resulting in me quickly leaving due to my inability to handle the anxiety the position had given me, making it uncomfortable for me to ironically play one of my comfort characters, who, at the time, also was not accustomed and developed to be in the position I had applied originally for him to be in.
However, this time around, I truly do seek this position of a will that had not been influenced by anyone else around me, as it had been originally. This is something I truly aspire to accomplish now, and a role on the server I do want to participate in and enjoy. Playing a professor character is something I'd recently considered and fallen in love with, with ideas of how to utilize the position itself, ways to go about being a professor, and properly going about the role of a mentor of sorts on SRP, in contrast to my original feelings while I was a teacher. Alongside loving the idea, I have also developed and planned a new character I believe would be more suitable for the position, with plans behind teaching and roleplaying with students and other faculty members with said character. I am very excited and determined in my persistence to receive this role on the server now, and have been planning to work towards the position for several months now.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:

The classroom logs are the way you log your classes, usually what you teach and engage in. When I was a teacher, you’d screenshot at some point during the class and make a log for that class. I’ve been recently informed that the system has changed! I hope to welcome the new changes and am seeking to relearn how they work. The classroom logs help also determine how many classes you’ve taught for the month and typically determine your paycheck and activity in your position, usually being a check on your performance, and to keep track of your progress in meeting quota.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
- Be prepared for anything.
- Put dedication and attention into your work, regardless if the topic particularly interests you or not.
- Do not speak when the professor is speaking, and pay close attention when they are.
- Respect all faculty within and outside the classroom.
- Be ready to ask and be asked questions.
- Be polite and respectful to peers at all times within the class.
- Turn off your phone during class hours.
- Be respectful towards your fellow classmates, as well as their work and answers.
- if capable, alert the teacher if leaving or requesting to leave the classroom under any circumstances.
- Language is to be kept strictly school-appropriate.
- No eating or drinking within the classroom. Please refrain until the class is over.
- Pay Attention to class.
- Show up on time, and if you are late, enter respectfully and prepared.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):

I have been roleplaying for a VERY long time, whether it be the SchoolRP community or elsewhere. I am extremely familiar with text-only roleplays and am accustomed to various methods of participation. I have been roleplaying since I have been very young and I still work to achieve a better skillset and enhanced ability within roleplay in general. I have participated very often in discord roleplays and various platforms, along with many storylines and characters. I am very accustomed to detailRP, being one of my favorite parts of SchoolRP, but am still working on improving in this regard.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?

Professors within the college are exemplary representatives of the college department within the school and a key component of the college system. The professors at colleges are much stricter than their high school counterparts, ensuring that class is in order but also that they and their students are actively participating at all times. As well as providing entertainment, they also ensure there is proper education within the classrooms and maintain order throughout the building. College professors, depending on their subjects, may grade, teach or review work, and ensure that the college students are working effectively and correctly, with no acceptance for inappropriate and non-exemplary behavior.
College professors must fulfill the quota of 15 classes to earn a typical 450k paycheck, however, if completing 10 additional classes, they may receive a 500k paycheck by the end of the month.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs.

Sylvester was a very tall and odd male, easily being seen as intimidating or cold to those who haven’t interacted with him, with a stone glare and a tired and irritated demeanor at first glance.
He’d stand at 6’3, Black hair with unique curls of white above his forehead, indicating poliosis within the male’s hair. He’d stare with blue and green eyes, usually well dressed and appearing taken care of despite his usually tired demeanor, indicating respect for himself and his position a good amount of the time.
Once interacted with, it was very quickly apparent of the male’s true colors, if listened to, at least. Sylvester’s personality, aside from the first impressions, was revealed to be very supportive and sweet to those around himself, almost always speaking kind words and working on handling things respectfully, despite what people may believe of him to act without the knowledge of who he actually is, personality-wise.
He’d always look to treat his students with his full respect and support, acting very kind and compassionate, despite almost always holding a cold and tired stare. He’d work to passively but effectively solve situations, preferring to come to resolutions that result in positive endings that typically strive to please everyone involved.
He’d have a bit of difficulty interacting with his fellow faculty members, due to his distanced and fairly unapproachable demeanor, but was almost always there instantly if requested or another was in need of assistance, proving himself to be a fairly worthwhile coworker to befriend, despite usually keeping to himself or making minimal interactions with those he’s comfortable or familiar enough with.
Sylvester aims presently to help the students within the Karakura schools, whether it be in the college or highschool, hoping for a positive change through what he can teach through psychology to the students of Karakura, hoping to promote understanding of others and to help students appreciate themselves, regardless of the flaws they may believe they have, mentally-wise.
After he’d hoped to encourage a bit of positivity to the students of Karakura, he hopes one day to perhaps open his own business, if the opportunity arises.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?
Sylvester, of course, was eager to approach the situation as non-confrontational but as effective as possible, calmly approaching the students and directly introducing the conflict in their actions, proposing to do the contrary and to relax, suggesting that they can enjoy their time together and in the school in a relaxed manner. Of course, if greeted with hostility and stubbornness under these circumstances, and the warnings were already delivered, he’d, unfortunately, have to issue said students detention, hoping to reapproach the situation during their time in detention after school.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?
Similar to the previous scenario, he’d want to approach calmly, but with enough force to deal with the situation in an effective manner. He’d indirectly refer to the matter at hand first, calmly encouraging the entire class to perhaps be a little quieter in their participation, offering other solutions to silently work, if work was previously handed out, or to actually listen to the lesson being taught. If the problem continued, including students beginning to further act out, he’d directly address the student, offering differing solutions, like perhaps taking a walk or a trip to the bathroom or the nurse. If the situation still remained after several warnings or attempts to resolve the situation to no avail, he’d address detention.

Provide at least 3 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
He’d turn to the board, a smile flashing briefly across his face a moment as he suppressed laughter at his student’s wacky antics, his hand gliding over his chalkboard as
‘ASSOCIATIONS’ was gently spelled out in neat cursive, a small bubble chart being formed around the words. The professor was silent a moment while he went about forming the class’ lesson on the board before he inevitably spoke. “Unfortunately. . . Onto more serious topics. . now, how would you all define association? A feeling? A habit?. . What do you think? In your own words, preferably. . . How do you interpret it?” He’d hum, chalk resting in his hand, finishing the chart. He’d be clearly intending to add to it as the lesson went on. He turned, gazing across the room at the hands raised, preparing to select someone to answer.

/me He'd lift his coffee, taking a long sip to empty the mug as students fled to their seats as they entered the room. He'd stay silent a moment as the class quieted, before silently moving to his desk to begin the class, clearing his throat a moment before looking up to the seated students. "Hello. . . Thank you all for coming. . . We'll be reviewing the last lesson, if you weren't here the previous class, we'll just be looking over real quick, and we'll do a small quiz on it afterward, alright?" He'd say, not expecting any response from the students before nodding to himself. "Let's get started." He’d turn to the board behind himself, sketching out a few important words of note related to the lesson.

/me He'd turn back to the class, glancing slightly at the clock to determine class was almost over. "Ah. . . I see, we'll have to cut this short for now, I got a bit carried away. . Alright. . We can continue this next class." He'd say, quickly writing a final note on the board with the chalk. He dropped the chalk back on the small shelf below the board, making a small 'click!' before he turned back. "Class dismissed. Come back after the breaktime."

Backstory

Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and his/her previous life.

Sylvester grew up in Russia with his Mother. He was typically an overall reclusive child, reluctant to converse with others and generally kept to himself, not conversing much with those around himself, more or less always in his own world. As he got older, he'd eventually had started talking to people more, internally desperate to not be left out as an outcast from all of the other kids, as any kid would have been at his age. Eventually, he met Halo Sugimoto, the two eventually becoming childhood friends that lasted late into their adulthood, with Sylvester helping her through the events of her childhood and being a shoulder to lean on when needed, a trait that lasted through his childhood and remained until this day, wanting to be there for the people around himself. Sylvester was quick to typically end up befriending most of the oddities out of his peers, typically being exposed to individuals who were hurt, damaged and dealing with their own issues, and found himself being the emotional support friend, still being the friend that wanted to be there for those around himself.
This sparked his interest in psychology, curious about the differences between people and the effects things may have mentally on certain individuals. He'd eventually found himself wildly interested in psychology, seeing it as a way to share that people are different. He eventually found himself looking to teach it, eventually finding himself in the position to do so after his hard work to become a professor, wanting to teach psychology to kids, as well as to continue to be the shoulder to lean on, to the students who may need one. He'd worked at various schools, seeing psychology as a necessary subject to teach in schools, valuing the things that he could teach to younger students and the ways he could help promote understanding between them. After a while of teaching around wherever he could, eventually, his friend, Halo Sugimoto, had convinced him to come to Karakura to reunite, to which he agreed, concluding that perhaps he could be of some use in Karakura, wanting to make a difference through teaching. He'd eventually made his way to Karakura with the help of his friend, settling himself down, excited for his future in Karakura, and the difference he can make in the students that were going to school there.

[Characters backstory is still a work in progress!]

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1:
Personal Details

Full Name:
Sylvester Vorona Petrov

Title:
Dr./Mr.

Given Name:
Sylvester.

Preferred Name:
Sylvester / Dr. Petrov

Religious Denomination:
Wiccan

Marital Status:
Single.

Nationality:
Russian

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2:
Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree:
Doctorate

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Psychology.

Minors:
Business.

Native Languages:
Japanese, Russian [To be applied for]

Other Languages:
N/A

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No.

Preferred Teaching Subject:
Psychology.

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):
N/A

Do you have any questions?:
Nope! Thank you for taking the time to read my application.

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Accepted
Welcome to the professor faction, the roles in-game & in discord will be given out shortly, more information about what's next will be provided in the #college-staff-chat channel. If you're not in the KA discord yet, join it via this link: https://discord.gg/dedKk7AY

Users who are viewing this thread