Reporter Application | Gryffind0r

kustomzero

Level 128
circusjax
circusjax
Omega

OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:
What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)?:

I’ll be applying with the account that goes by Gryffind0r.
Other Accounts:
Ravenclxw- Main Account
Slyth3r1n- 2nd Account
Hufflepvff- 3rd Account
Gryffind0r- 4th Account
Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
My discord is SRGH#8433. I do not have a microphone because speaking in VCs is out of my comfort zone right now.
List your timezone and country:
I’m in the North American region with the CST timezone.
Describe your activity:
I’ve been a part of the SRP community since 2016. In late 2018/2019 somewhere in that area I applied for the Reporter position and was there for a while. As the months and soon years went by I took many MC hiatus’. In 2019-2020 I was on the Spartans Football Team. I then took a hiatus from MC and returned in early 2022. On average my activity can be somewhere between 5-12 hours a day depending on my schedule.
Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:
The only ban I got was in early 2017 I believe and that was for spamming and disrespecting staff. However, I learned from that lesson and became more mature over the years.
Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
https://schoolrp.net/threads/governor-knotalive’s-application.52402/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/librarian-application-imcultjr.51751/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/event-application-imcult.51486/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lore-application-2-knotalive.53755/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lore-application-3-ravenclxw.54580/ [PENDING]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/3d-modeller-application-darketru.54889/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/cultality-lore-team-application.49147/ [Denied]
The Reporter Application was on an old forum account and I forgot the name of it.

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
As someone who has an Adult account with no form of job it can get boring. I want to rejoin the job community and I thought about going for the Reporter job. When I was last reporter it was very new and it was boring at that time. However, its been many years since then and things have changed. I believe the job will be more entertaining and more interesting. Especially with my literature skills greatly improving.
Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I do have experience with writing, I’ve written lore for families of my own, past gangs I created, and character backstories. I’ve also applied for the Lore Team multiple times as you can see from the applications above. My relationship with writing is pretty good, and I love it. Creative writing is a way to escape reality to dive into your mind with imagination to create prompts you won’t even imagine.
Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Yes I am aware that I will follow the rules that are provided to me.
Why should we accept you over others?:
In all honesty, I don’t know why you should accept me over the others. I’d like to be in the Reporter Faction again to actually enjoy it and expand my writing and journalism skills in the community and outside of it. Yes, I was a past Reporter but I didn’t enjoy it because I was super young and wasn’t mature enough. With multiple years gone by I’m more mature and actually have a passion for writing now. I also think it’d be cool to express my passion for writing to the server as a Reporter to fill them all with tea and other educated topics.
Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
Yes, I understand that I cannot show any sort of bias in my reports. If I do consequences will occur.
Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
I solemnly swear that I will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota. If I don’t stay active and do not complete quota then my role may be revoked.
Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
A Reporter is someone who goes out to the city and gathers information on any topic that feels the need to be announced to the world. When people think of the word Reporter the first thing that probably comes in their mind is a Weather Report. Yes, this can be a part of something they can write it but it won’t always be about the weather. That's just boring. A Reporter is someone who is willing and committed to getting and finding the best information out there to give out the best news.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name: Mitsuko Ryūjin
Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr) Ms. Ryūjin
Current Age (25+): 48
Past job/work experience:
News Reporter [Tokyo]
Investigative Journalist [Kobe]
Entertainment Journalist [Kobe]
Degree/qualifications:
Masters: Japanese Literature
Concentration: Journalism
Nationality and born location: Nationality is Japanese. Was born in Tokyo, Japan.
Phone Number: 030-079-0538

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
I’m a hardworking, intelligent woman providing for my children. I’m friendly and have a good mindset when it comes to working with others. I’m very dedicated to something I have taken responsibility for and make sure I get the job done. Sometimes I tend to overwork myself making myself get overwhelmed but I’m working on that. I just want to show how dedicated I am when it comes to jobs.
What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
Personally, I love writing, it's the fact that you and your mind are free to do whatever you can write about. With of course limitations because of rules. You get to express your thoughts and write whatever information you gathered for topics. I want to write about almost anything to get the city informed about what's going on. Whether that be a gang war or how well education is taught at the schools. If I get the job I will achieve these things by researching, asking questions from civilians, and maybe interviews if needed. If I need to go out of my comfort zone, such as interfering with a gang member if they were to be arrested, then yes I would. I think every reporter risks something to get the information they need for the people.

What are your expectations for the job?:
I want to come to this job and enjoy it, not just be drowned in research of topics I need to get done. I want to have a good relationship with all the co-workers and civilians of the city. I have a very open mindset with strong hardworking skills. I also want to have fun moments too and not just let it be a boring job. Indeed writing is something I enjoy and I’m passionate about. So that shouldn’t be a problem.
Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
I have no criminal record.
Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
Japanese
Latin
German
Jin

PROMPTS:

You will have to write two ‘reports’ about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you’re found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - The Importance of Womens History Month

Good day, Karakura! Reporter Mitsuko Ryūjin speaking! I hope y’all are having a fantastic day and if not I hope it gets better! Today I’ll be going over Women’s History Month and why it’s important!

Every year since 1987, Women’s History Month has been celebrated during the month of March. For 31 days women across the globe are appreciated for their hard work and the accomplishments they have made for the world. However, everyone appreciates women every day. So why did it have to become a month to celebrate it?

It started at a high school in California by being brought up why women should be recognized for their hard work. Not just by their spouses and loved ones. They wanted it to turn into a national month celebration every year. The high school began the project as a week-long experiment for the women. They decided to make a bill and brought it to Congress. As Congress and the Senate reviewed the bill, in 1982 Congress passed it. This was only a week-long celebration at the time.

In 1987, a group of women came together to form a project called the National Women’s History Project. Their goal was to expand Women's History Week into the whole month. They started it as a petition for people to sign. And sure enough, they got enough signatures and passed it to the President. The President then passed the bill, making the 1st annual Women’s History Month official.

In conclusion, Women's History Month is very important to us all. Even if we appreciate women every day, it’s important to remember all the things women do to sacrifice.

This is Mitsuko Ryūjin signing out.

#2 - The Graveyard Cleaner

Hello Karakura! Today I’ve brought a special guest in, Love Pierce! I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!

MR = Mitsuko Ryūjin
LP = Love Pierce

A recorded piece of audio would be displayed below with a transcript beside it.

MR: Would clear her throat. “Good morning! My name is Mitsuko Ryūjin and I’m glad you could join me today. Will you please introduce yourself?”

LP: “Good morning to you as well! Ah yes, my name is Love Pierce.”

MR: “What a lovely name that is Ms. Pierce! Now you probably already know why I brought you in today. Will you tell me what that is?”

LP: “Oh yes! As you know I work at the graveyard beside the Karakura Church. I love cleaning the gravestones of deceased civilians. As well as decorating them with flowers. Sometimes people forget about their loved ones and just leave them here at their dusty gravestone.”

MR: “How thoughtful of you for doing such a thing. Did you decide just to do it one day or did you ask the Church if that was okay?”

LP: “If I were to just go inside the graveyard and begin power washing the gravestones and decorating them. Then that would be vandalizing. I didn’t want to be sent to prison for doing something good. So I asked the Community Church to see if it was okay. Once I got the green light I got to work immediately.”

MR: “Well that's a good thing you did that, otherwise we probably won’t be sitting here and talking. Do you think the relatives appreciate what you do for their deceased ones?”

LP: “I would hope they appreciate it, who wouldn’t want a nice and clean gravestone with their loved ones' name on it? If they do have a problem with it, I’m sure they can come to find me and talk about it.”

MR: “I certainly would love a nice and clean gravestone to see my loved ones' name on it. What if this task of yours became a job in Karakura, would you suggest others apply for it?”

LP: “It would be really cool if this task of mine became an actual job! It’d be helping the Church and the graveyard very much! If you have an urge of giving back to the community or doing something nice. Then yes, I would suggest this job for people who would need it. This could also be a good beginner job for newly graduated high school students that have never been in the job industry before.”

MR: “That would be nice and a good experience for newly graduated high school students to give a shot at the job industry. But I think we both know the answer the job won’t become an actual thing. Would you want to get paid for doing this?”

LP: “I mean everybody would want to get paid for a task that could turn into a job. But I just do it as a respectful deed to return to the community and Church. If I did get paid I guess that would be another way of saying thank you from the Church and the community itself.”

MR: “You are definitely right on that one, everyone loves to get paid for jobs. During your time cleaning the gravestones and graveyard, have you encountered any spirits? I know the people of Karakura say they hear or even see spirits across the area.”

LP: “I do work late nights and it can lead to early mornings. During my cleaning and organizing hours, I sometimes hear noises. But I think its just my mind playing games with me or just some teenagers goofing around. I haven’t seen an actually spirit though.”

MR: “So you’re saying that there may be spirits in the graveyard?”

LP: “Well no, like I said it's probably my mind playing games with me. I work really late night so I’m tired. But if there is an actual spirit in the graveyard I might have to dig more into that. It’d be nice to communicate with it.”

MR: “Oh how exciting! If it is an actual spirit do record your conversations or even film it! It’d be nice to see if the footage you capture is actually real or if it's your mind. Have you been doing this all your life?”

LP: “Haha! If I can remember to record, I will! I wouldn’t say I’ve done this all my life. I think I started to care for graveyards and gravestones after my pet died. I was around 17 when it passed away. I’d visit it every day, during my visits I realized the gravestone was getting all dusty and was filling with cobwebs. That's when my first cleaning session was. Since then, I’ve been doing it.”

MR: “Oh dear, I’m so sorry about your pet. I’m sure they were lovely. Such a sweet story indeed. Have you done your cleanings outside of Karakura at all?”

LP: “Actually, no I haven’t! I was born and raised here in Karakura. So I’ve been in this city all my life. It would be cool to go to another city and help clean gravestones and organize graveyards!”

MR: “Oh! That would be quite an experience going to another city. It seems like our time has come to an end. Thank you Ms. Pierce for joining me today to talk about your interesting hobby of yours.”

LP: “Ah of course! And thank you for letting me share it!”

The recording would end here.

Other OOC Information:
N/A

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
Accepted!

Upon reviewing your application, you have been deemed fit for the reporter role!
Please DM Aania#0117 once you've acknowledged your application!

Users who are viewing this thread