IGN (In-Game Name): rikimau

Discord Name & Tag: rikimau

Which timezone are you in?: EST

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
Reporter Application
Counselor Application
Professor Application
Caretaker Application

Describe your activity on the server: Somewhat active during weekdays, most active on the weekends.

What is your motivation for applying?: I've always wanted to work for KPD, though I never really wanted to lose my character to pesky GangRPers (as much as I love some of them), and decided to try out for Detective work. I want to be the backbone that supports KPD, the one that solves all of the mysteries left behind by only a bloody knife and a corpse chained up to a chair with 13 stab wounds, even as gruesome as it sounds. . . probably because it is.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?: Apart from the basic "police officers detain and arrest suspects and culprits" and "detectives investigate," I know it's more than that. Police put themselves on the frontlines to keep Karakura from descending into chaos, as if chaos strikes, the detectives put it up to themselves to investigate what happened and who's responsible.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?: With the rampant crime occurring just about every day on top of dangerous or even lethal situations happening outside of KHS that are out of SLT's control, police must step up to bring order and wellness to the general public in Karakura.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished? Yes.

In-Character (IC) Section

What's your character's full name?: Riki E. Niyne

How old is your character (if accepted)?: 25

What are your character's gender and pronouns?: Male, he/him

Please select your highest academic role at the time of writing this application:
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):
Bachelors

What languages does your character know besides Japanese?: JSL and Spanish

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?: Riki is a deadpan, blunt fellow with soft orange hair and golden eyes that either soothe a person or pierce their soul depending on his mood. Riki is very observant and can solve most puzzles, mainly spatial, logical, and mathematical ones. He has an eye for the color yellow and likes cats, often exhibiting cat-like behavior such as curiousness, slow blinking, high agility and stamina, and an everlasting love for nature.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?: The way Riki acts casually and professionally doesn't differ much differently tone-wise. He mostly speaks in a very straightforward and serious manner most of the time, though only cracks jokes when he deems it necessary and appropriate to do so in casual situations. He delivers the utmost respect to anyone as long as they deliver that same amount of respect back -- the golden rule. If you disrespect him, he may not take a liking to you, and might even disrespect you back if you aren't careful enough or push him to do so, which he isn't very easily influenced.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?: Riki enjoys working with others, though will probably refuse to hang out with a co-worker until he's comfortable with them. Though it might sound creepy, he observes people, watching their actions and listening closely to their choice of words. On one hand, if he builds a liking to a co-worker, he'll ask them favors more often and hang out with them more often after hours, often developing connection and interest. On the other hand, if he does not like a co-worker, he'll try to avoid them as much as he deems necessary, but still help them out when needed.

What's your character's backstory?: Riki was born in Egypt, where he was raised by two mothers, his father unknown. Those two mothers are Bastet Niyne and Dolores Gerou. He was raised to express himself in an androgynous manner, for male hormones and feminine tendencies took each other hand in hand rather than clashing. While in Egypt, he was taught the Golden Rule, 4 languages -- English, Spanish, Arabic, and Sign Language, though he only uses 2 of these in the present day -- spatial awareness, and kemetism. Once the two wives and Riki had moved to Mexico, they sent him to school, where he learned math, language arts, science, botany, religion, combat, and psychology in 16 years. Once done, he decided to go live a quiet life in Karakura, Japan, working remotely from home as a psychology professor for college students taking dual-enrollment, though he quit after 3 years. Ever since, he's worked a quiet life, he dubbed his occupation "that one unemployed friend."

General knowledge

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?
You may not own a pocket knife in Karakura, whether possessing it on your person or in your property.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Bandage
Cough Syrup
Paracetamol
Melatonin
Eyepatch

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do? I would first start by separating both parties and evaluating how it started and what happened and alert a higher-up. Then ask them to part ways and guide the inmate back to his cell, and the assaulting co-worker to a higher-up.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted? Immediately intervene. Separate both parties by force and assess the situation and outcomes. If deemed necessary, I would radio officers for backup with location and situation descriptions, and also use brute force with a baton or taser if need be.. If on duty, detain or arrest the assaulter for Assault on a Law Enforcement Official.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations? Gather evidence against them and report it to a higher up.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you? I wouldn't react to the criminal trying to bribe me, refusing to take the money, also adding that it's illegal to do so and adding that as a charge.

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to unfortunately deny your application to join our faction.​

We appreciate your efforts and your motivation to join our faction, but
we have made this decision based on the following reason(s)

COMPETENCE
-
Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the
faction, we sometimes have to deny good applicants because there are
others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to
server reputation or due to the detail that was put to their application.

DETAIL
-
Although we don't deny your will to join the faction, detail is a great
way to show off your interest. Therefore, we recommend spending more
time to try and re-elaborate your application so that it shows off you're
truly engaged in trying to join us!

- A decisive factor that influences our decision is server reputation. We tend
to pick players who have been in the server for a while, and that have a
relatively clean history. We suggest applying for other factions / community
teams to improve how other players see you and boost your chances at
becoming part of our faction!

ADDITIONAL NOTES