Rich
KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

gokiru

Discord Name & Tag:

sake#7777

Previous bans:

I have one previous ban back in 2020 for being disrespectful to another player. I take full responsibility and feel remorseful for the offense I committed and since then have grown from my immature ways. I can guarantee that I will not be exhibiting that kind of behavior anytime soon.

Describe your activity on the server:

I am an extremely active player. There is rarely a day I go without logging on, even if it's for just an hour or two. I do have roles on both of my other accounts, one as a Volleyball player and the other a College Professor, both of which require me to be considerably active. On average, I probably spend around 2-8 hours on SRP a day. I’m usually more active on weekends, but during weekdays I tend to be active early in the morning or later in the day. The only time my activity may slightly decrease is with the upcoming school year. During school, I'm still available at most times anytime after 1pm EST on the weekdays, and at anytime during the day on the weekends (Friday-Sunday). If there’s a period of time where I’m unable to log on for whatever reason, I’ll be sure the period of my inactivity is known by making an inactivity log, but I doubt that should be happening anytime soon.

Which timezone are you in?

EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

College Application (Deleted) [Accepted]
College Professor Application #1 (thru Conversations) [Accepted]

Event-Team Application [Accepted]
Staff Application [Accepted]
KPD Application #1 [Accepted]
EMS Application [Accepted]
KPD Application #2 [Denied]
College Professor Application #2 [Accepted]

What is your motivation for applying?:

I’ve been KPD previously and I really enjoyed it. The roleplay experience was really different and unique than just being a normal citizen and there wasn’t a one boring day. I love how in depth the roleplay is at times and how it makes things interesting for all involved parties. I also enjoyed how everyone worked together well and got along, and how even now it seems that way from outside of the force. It's just a great, unified team that I’d love to be a part of again and an opportunity I'd like to explore more than I did before. Having another opportunity to be on the KPD would also allow me to have something specifically to dedicate time & work to and allow me to make more friends & connections within the community.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?

I do have some knowledge of police work & of course most of the information included in the roleplay document. I know some about patrolling, the different ranks, how to handle different situations (someone getting too close, someone being in possession of illegal weaponry, search warrants, formations, etc.) or even simply taking a report from a citizen.

A few of the items each officer at the KPD starts out with is a radio, handcuffs, a police baton, a badge, and a taser. Higher-ups and other certain positions may have other items such as pepper spray, Glock-17s, crowbars, and vehicles. I know that you should never travel alone while patrolling for safety reasons, that you have to hold your taser out in certain areas, and that you can't patrol alone as a cadet. I remember there being certain allotted time allowed for visitations if granted, how to take care of inmates, how CCTV works, front desk & taking reports. There's definitely a lot more depth into most of the tasks officer's have to deal with depending on the situation, but standards are always met accordingly.

Everyone starts out as a cadet and from there is able to progress to:

Patrol Officer

Corporal

Detective Trainee

Sergeant

Detective Inspector

Detective Chief Inspector (HU)

Lieutenant (HU)

Police Captain (HU)

Commissioner (HU)

I'm sure that there's a lot that I might not remember or more that's been changed that I need to learn, I'd love to learn more about how to handle more specific situations and put my skills to use anywhere possible. I'm more than willing to do so and expand my knowledge once again.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
The police are important to SchoolRP because they counter the crime/GangRP aspect, and provide balance. They add to the roleplay experience in making it realistic. Crime shouldn’t happen without some kind of fear of consequences, so the KPD being there fulfills that and allows the citizens of Karakura to feel safer in some sense with having authorities to rely on.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?

Yes, I do acknowledge this.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?

Yes, I do. I will put the most effort possible into this role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I do acknowledge this.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Megumi Okazaki

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:

Megumi is female and uses she/her pronouns.

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Megumi has a Bachelors Degree in Criminology.

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?

Megumi is proficient in Korean & French.

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?

One of the first things to notice about Megumi is her height. She stands at a solid 5’10, which is above average in Japan. Along with her height, she acquires a structured feminine build which she maintains by training frequently. Megumi has a medium length, shag wolf-cut that stops at her shoulders and unreadable dull blue eyes. Her face is adjourned with sharp, distinguishable features and her voice is strong and mature.

Megumi could be described as rather protective by most people that know her well. She values the safety of everyone over anything else, and does her best to maintain that value. She cares dearly for her friends & family, and groups her co-workers right along with them. While she usually has a steady cold upfront, Megumi feels comfortable letting her guard down with closer friends & family when not facing serious situations or actively working.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?

In a professional situation, Megumi is alert and acts seriously & according to all protocol. She doesn't let anything break her demeanor, and handles things as maturely as possible. She keeps her calm and makes sure things are done correctly. In a casual situation, Megumi is usually more relaxed. She spends much time on the beach whether it's with a friend or alone, and takes time to relax and refresh her mind.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?

One of Megumi’s biggest values is teamwork. For her, she believes that teamwork is essential in so many aspects and that a lack of teamwork can be detrimental because it helps to provide the Karakura community with the utmost safety. She cares about her co-workers well-being and always wants the best for them, because she also sees them as family. She believes that they can always go to her if they need anything, and vice versa.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
I see myself as a leader. I've never been the type of person to be easily persuaded without having my own opinion or stance and have always had great communication skills, which is one of the most vital qualities a leader should exhibit. I've grown to be mature and handle things consistently. I'm always committed to my dedications as well.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)

Megumi was born in Sapporo, Japan. She was the first born along with her twin sister Hanami Okazaki, before three other siblings came along. They grew up in a rural area of Sapporo, which was considered to be a small village at that time. Their parents were both very absent, and used most of the money they earned on materialistic things such as clothing and alcohol. This caused Megumi and her siblings to mostly be neglected growing up, until her and Hanami were old enough to start learning how to do things themselves and protect the rest of their siblings when their parents weren't home. Once they were old enough and had enough savings, Hanami and Megumi were able to move out of Sapporo with their siblings and into Karakura instead to pursue new opportunities. They all enrolled in school and sought to find their unique interests. Criminology & Law immediately caught Megumi's interest. As she achieved her PHD and college was coming to an end, she began doing her research on what jobs she could pursue afterwards. The KPD immediately stood out to her, because not only would she be able to have a job that involved her interests but she would also be able to protect.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, you cannot legally own a pocket knife in Karakura as it counts as a charge for possession of minor illegal weaponry.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription

Wooden Cane, Paracetamol, Cough Syrup, Surgical Mask, and Lactulose

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?

First, I would try to get them to separate and explain the context of the situation. If there was no rightful reason, I would immediately tell a Higher-Up about the situation and get them to dispute it and allow them to handle it accordingly.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?

If I saw my co-worker being assaulted, I would use the radio to report it and call for possible backup. I would then approach the situation, telling the assaulters to back up forcefully and pulling out my taser. Once I was able to get the assaulter detained and away from my co-worker, I would arrest them for assaulting a Police Officer.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?

I would gather evidence of this and report the situation to Higher-Ups or the Commissioner as soon as possible.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?

I would simply ignore them and attempt to get out of their vicinity. If they persisted, I would fine them for Bribery.

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying for KPD. Unfortunately, the higher-up team and I
have decided to deny this application. Most times it is simply due to the fact that
there are more suitable applicants, so feel free to give it another shot on the next cadet wave!​

Users who are viewing this thread