mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

SchoolRP Frequently Asked Questions / "If I knew then..."

Hamburger

Level 187
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
1) How to CombatRP (the rules never made sense to me at first *sob*)
2) How to use the forums correctly

robinzee

Level 22
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
Hey everyone, thanks for your input so far. I'm gonna respond to some of the comments with my own thoughts and/or elaborating questions.

The guide is still in production, though, so feel free to keep them Qs comin' :]

hi robin!!

i wish i knew how to apply properly, alot of new players dont know how to apply for a faction they so much desire, resulting in alot of denied applications. (I learnt how to apply properly with trial & error :P )
also, how to engage with people, its important that the player should know how to engage with others.

goodluck with your guide
Both of your topics to talk about are very good and I'm thankful you brought them up because I wouldn't have thought of it. I do have a segment on using the roleplaying commands, but not exactly on player interaction (how to find roleplaying partners) and that completely slipped my mind.

I wonder if the applications part should be kept separate, maybe for another guide, as I think it is a lot to cover and I'm hoping to focus this one more so on the readily-available things from Grade-7 to Grade-12.

tailoring servers :3
As I said above, I'm hoping to make this guide accessible to new players. Honestly, an issue I've noticed is that tailors may be too expensive - we're talking 50,000 Yen and more here, money which could be spent at more "important" places for newcomers, like apartments. However, I will do my best to point them in the direction of better-looking skins.

Remember all the different GREENIE GUIDES?
I still have issues of them in my apartment library. Aren't they around anymore?
Also Community Moderators are encouraged to help new players.
But I'm all for making things more accessible for new players.
Tom Brown at Plaza is a good example of an NSC that teaches a few valuable tricks.
I wish there were more NSCs like Tom Brown in town, helping newer players.
I don't understand what this has to do with the topic, sorry.

“How do I age up?”
cannot age up until you play enough, but it isn’t that annoying if a question.
I agree it's an often-asked question, I focus on the topic during the "School Faction" segment. I mentioned grading being based on playtime, and after you reach Grade-12 the player has to take an optional exam or apply to a faction.

that /feed existed
I'm very torn on adding rank-specific features like emote colours or /feed because, yeah, while it does enhance the experience you may get from SRP, it's not something you should need to know. It's the same reason why I'm not covering things like wardrobe and character slots. But considering this is all for a "FAQs" segment, I can totally add a "Hey, do I really need to keep buying apples/cook fish?" question.

Last edited:

coria

Level 29
vacoria
vacoria
Omega+
how actions worked (fearrp, crimerp, etc.)
knowing /feed existed and colour codes when I received a f+
knowing the forums existed
knowing that having discord greatly impacted your play on the server

SIMPL3Z

Level 97
Community Team
Lore Team
"How to fearRP?" (For every faction: KPD, EMS, GOV, FACULTY, CRIME.)
"How to PainRP"

SIMPL3Z

Level 97
Community Team
Lore Team
I'm playing SRP since Summer and I still don't know how to permanently change the color of my /me font to another color. It's all basic yellow.
Just letting you know...

You can also put in the color codes manually yourself, for if you want to do <action> <text> <action> without 3 different messages.
(COLORS ARE NOT ACCURATE TO IN GAME!!!!)

&0 (Black)
&1 (Dark Blue)
&2 (Dark green)
&3 (Cyan)
&4 (Dark Red)
&5 (Purple)
&6 (Orange)
&7 (Light gray)
&8 (Dark gray)
&9 (Light blue)
&a (Lime green)
&b (Sky blue)
&c (Light red)
&d (Pink) Can't make this pink
&e (Yellow)
&f (white)

MISC:
&k - Make the text change, Magic
&l - bold
&m - Strike the text
&n - underline
&o - italic
&r - reset

Ruin

Level 104
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
Just letting you know...

You can also put in the color codes manually yourself, for if you want to do <action> <text> <action> without 3 different messages.
(COLORS ARE NOT ACCURATE TO IN GAME!!!!)

&0 (Black)
&1 (Dark Blue)
&2 (Dark green)
&3 (Cyan)
&4 (Dark Red)
&5 (Purple)
&6 (Orange)
&7 (Light gray)
&8 (Dark gray)
&9 (Light blue)
&a (Lime green)
&b (Sky blue)