mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

SUGGESTION/RANT | GangRP is ruining the server

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Personally, I do agree with all of this; in fact, these matters are usually brought up when we have a considerable amount of staff members in a vc discussion (mainly in meetings). It is a fact that some situations may be unfair for some people because they're involved in something that could get their fully-developped character killed despite the fact they worked on it for months, or even years. We've tried coming up with ideas, but it's not really that easy. For example, with your idea, it would be nearly impossible to monitor whether a character has had that character for over an "x" period of time. This makes identifying throw-away's even harder.

Therefore, I will remain neutral on all of these ideas, though I'd like to say something else before concluding this.

Even if staff members may find it hard to spot throw-aways and accurately punish them for it, it is completely up to the community to change this. If this issue has persisted for so long, it is because members from the GangRP community do not wish to exit their comfort zone. As it was stated above, the "/me stabs carotid" action is an already-infamous action that's default to everyone in GangRP. Even if there have been many proposals, the majority of people simply decide to go with what they deem the most "secure" system, and go on with killing and kidnapping (even if it means killing a character that's existed for a really long time). Thus, the only people who can change this are not staff members (though they can help), but the community itself

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
+1 / Neutral
The reason that I have placed a Neutral is because I quite literally agree with both the post and Yonio's statement. There are many flaws in GangRP, as there are in any faction on the server. Other factions are easy to change as there are a set amount of people, however, GangRP relies on the community. To change it, the community needs to agree to it and make the change, which is essentially what Yonio has said.

idk my name

Level 4
Personally, I do agree with all of this; in fact, these matters are usually brought up when we have a considerable amount of staff members in a vc discussion (mainly in meetings). It is a fact that some situations may be unfair for some people because they're involved in something that could get their fully-developped character killed despite the fact they worked on it for months, or even years. We've tried coming up with ideas, but it's not really that easy. For example, with your idea, it would be nearly impossible to monitor whether a character has had that character for over an "x" period of time. This makes identifying throw-away's even harder.

Therefore, I will remain neutral on all of these ideas, though I'd like to say something else before concluding this.

Even if staff members may find it hard to spot throw-aways and accurately punish them for it, it is completely up to the community to change this. If this issue has persisted for so long, it is because members from the GangRP community do not wish to exit their comfort zone. As it was stated above, the "/me stabs carotid" action is an already-infamous action that's default to everyone in GangRP. Even if there have been many proposals, the majority of people simply decide to go with what they deem the most "secure" system, and go on with killing and kidnapping (even if it means killing a character that's existed for a really long time). Thus, the only people who can change this are not staff members (though they can help), but the community itself
I agree and respect your opinion on this, I do think the form would be hard to keep track of but these were just simply ideas for it. I appreciate you replying and appreciate you and other staff members currently working on fixing the situation!

idk my name

Level 4
+1 / Neutral
The reason that I have placed a Neutral is because I quite literally agree with both the post and Yonio's statement. There are many flaws in GangRP, as there are in any faction on the server. Other factions are easy to change as there are a set amount of people, however, GangRP relies on the community. To change it, the community needs to agree to it and make the change, which is essentially what Yonio has said.
I gotta agree with you as well, it would be a lot harder to “fix” the community as there will always be someone that ruins it for another person in any faction, not excluding GangRP. I think some adjustment to rules would help and something needs to happen to fix the attitude and opinion on GangRP as a whole. Thank you for replying!

Chei.

Level 9
I can kind of agree with you that most of the problem is individual attitude more than rules but with lack of toxicity rules there is already some lenience and toleration for it.

Thank you for replying but please refrain from naming players.

My bad, It wasn’t for bad intentions - My apologies.

Lizalopod

Level 130
Gangrp isn't worthy of being called roleplay at this point, it's essentially become a competitive game, "who can get the most perms and kps!1!1!!" Roleplay is not really taken seriously in it at all, which is why I agree that changes should be brought to it, especially to perms which are really unrealistic at the moment.

Massive +1 and a cookie :)

Snavier

Level 8
Snavier
Snavier
Rich

The reason people hate gangrp is because its the wrong people doing it; Proceeding to go around and start random fights to gain those sweet sweet perms.

Nothing should change, its not our problem a character was lost.

idk my name

Level 4

The reason people hate gangrp is because its the wrong people doing it; Proceeding to go around and start random fights to gain those sweet sweet perms.

Nothing should change, its not our problem a character was lost.
It is normally the other way around, if your developed character died you’d feel the same way whether the perms were baited or not, you of all people would know that right?

Ayouub

Level 11
godsfavourite
godsfavourite
Notable
IGN:
??? | I want to keep this anonymous because not tryna get hated on, and having my IGN here wouldn't benefit me.

DATE:
12/19/21

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I think an unfiltered rant or suggestion on this topic has been long delayed for the past year or two. GangRP is ruining the server.
I've been apart of many factions and groups during my time on SRP and have experienced different types of GangRP, some worse than others and some not so bad, but what I want to shed some light on is the broken rules and blurry lines in the Gang system, along with suggesting new ideas to replace the blurred lines and make roleplaying more enjoyable for everybody.

All the suggestions are simply ideas and obv need work.

SUGGESTIONS:
1. AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR WEAPONS AND ITEM PERMISSION REQUESTS
I like to have and play as delinquent characters, so bullying, fighting, and antagonizing is normal for me whenever I play that character and interact with other characters. Sometimes this means getting involved in gangs and delinquent crews, etc. Problem with this is that I can't knock someone out in a casual street brawl without a 16 year old slashing my character's neck open with a katana right after. Weapons that can do serious damage and require real skill to use and do damage like that in real life, like a naginata, should need some sort of leash. It isn't realistic to see a bunch of teenagers running around with samurai swords doing moves that would takes years of practice on a character with zero backstory or real training, and it IS NOT fun to be on the receiving side. Having an age requirement or form for high-skill weapons and certain moves would keep things realistic and more interesting. Yeah it's cool at first having samurai teenage mutant ninja turtle wars but it gets annoying and boring after awhile. It would also encourage people to ACTUALLY ROLEPLAY to get their character to that point and skill. Having to fill out a form and show proof your character knows how to use a complex weapon like a naginata would prove there is at least SOME development and it isn't just some throw-away character. I know verified gang weapons were supposed to fix this, but just because a character is a lackey in Kishi Division doesn't mean they're a feudal-age samurai.
Some examples;

NAGINATAS & KURI-KATANAS - FORM REQUIRED

KATANAS - AGE REQUIREMENT (20+??)

2. REASON TO KILL DO-OVER
The permissions system is outdated and flawed. I shouldn't have to worry about knocking someone out with a baseball bat, then the next day all of my char's limbs getting chopped off and I get posted on an activity channel. I think it's a bit of a stretch for my character to get killed over pulling out a baseball bat since the most it can do is hit someone's head. Getting a character that likes to fist fight for fun shouldn't have to get involved in gang wars and planned hits, plus you gotta have a massive ego to place a hit on someone just because they beat you in a fight, just saying.

USE OF BLUNT WEAPONS, BATS, PIPES, ETC. - MAJOR (KPS IF INTENTION IS TO KILL WITH SAID WEAPON)

USE OF SHARP WEAPONS, KNIVES, KATANAS, AXES, ETC. - AUTOMATIC KPS

Gang wars and rivalry is one thing, but killing just for the fun of it is a whole 'nother concept. Most of Karakura criminals don't have a real reason to kill and just binge-slaughter. It's unrealistic how characters with no mental illnesses that are perfectly healthy will just kill like serial killers for no reason at all other than someone knocked out their friend. People will use perms without their characters actually knowing why they're doing it, since everything is coordinated out of character over a voice chat.

RANTING:
Most of the SRP community hates Gang RP now because the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of Gang RP is losing. Losing characters, losing fights, losing reputation, losing a weapon, even down to losing a simple fee of 5,000 yen. Everybody in the Gang RP community (for the most part, there are some chill people) can't take no for an answer. Arguments and toxicity are the foundation for playing as gang members. I know killing is fun but you gotta take into account other people's characters and if they actually deserved to be killed. Most gang member characters have zero morals or emotion and it's just "kill, mug, sleep, repeat" 24/7. Characters that are in gangs should have at least some sort of reason for why they are in them besides you having a friend in that gang. I can't fight a gang member and starting a petty beef without my brand new character getting jumped by 10 masked guys all dual-wielding katanas.

Of course Gang RP is dead, I don't blame Banter for being annoyed at himself for creating it. I miss when Gang RP first was a thing and people could fight and have gang encounters without arguing or reporting someone every five minutes. I feel bad for staff members cause it's like babysitting a bunch of toddlers. I've literally seen people with /help commands lol. This whole system really needs a makeover. I appreciate Minobu and the crime team's efforts to fix it but nothing is really working. I've seen people cry over lost characters, and I already know people are going to say "well you shouldn't be gang roleplaying on a character that you care about," not everybody wants to use a throwaway and roleplay on a stolen player's skin!!

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
I just want all the complaining and arguing to finally stop. A makeover of the system and a more strict rule system on toxicity would benefit everybody. Staff won't have to respond to /help 24/7 and normal roleplayers won't need to worry about their deep character getting killed after a fight. It would make the server a lot more enjoyable past the Gang RP community.

In my opinion there is more stuff that needs fixing, but that is to be determined with staff, hate and calling out was not the purpose of this message, even if unfiltered. Please do add more suggestions and give feedback on this in the comments!

Thanks for reading!!!

staff please don't take this down :)​
+1 / -1
I do think what you said about some things that should be fixed in GangRP, but you were really disrespectful towards the GangRP community.

Lizalopod

Level 130
I'll write a lengthy response to this suggestion, as I do with almost every GangRP change suggestion thread, and to be honest, it's quite pointless for people to start these kinds of threads. SRP would NEVER force someone to participate in a specific sort of roleplay, and the regulations you're proposing mostly push others to participate in a specific type of RP. Furthermore, GangRP will not be improved merely by enforcing regulations; the ONLY issue with GangRP is the community, as I'll discuss further below. Furthermore, restricting the server to exclusively adult roles will cripple the entire community because obtaining an adult rank is quite difficult given that the server is SCHOOL RP. At that point, literally, NO ONE is going to buy a Katana. What's the sense of having it if it's inaccessible to the community? Before I get into the major point, I'd like to point out that I actively GangRP and deal with many of the types of individuals you complain about; hell, I've even been that type of GangRP'er. I've been involved in practically every area of GangRP, so I think I know what I'm talking about.

(Unless you can convince me otherwise)

I would like to start by saying some of your points are valid and I could see a change in there, the permission system isn't all that bad. I assume Minobu expected people to use these perms through roleplay means and not abuse how they gained, but, it's hard to control a community. So, I believe a change in this is plausible.

Now, moving forward to your first paragraph 'AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR WEAPONS AND ITEM PERMISSION REQUESTS'

As I already stated, earning an adult rank on SRP is practically impossible without the correct time. 6-9+ months through the college system, or abandoning GangRP for 4 months to obtain an adult rank through legitimate employment. Both of these are extremely lengthy, and all of this to simply acquire a Katana is truly silly; but, I believe you can provide a counter-reason, and I am eager to hear it. Moving on, I understand your concerns; knocking someone out and then losing an eye is completely unrealistic, especially if the person is a stranger. However, imposing limits will not prevent this; what will prevent it is how GangRP'ers think. "Oh, some random person beefed my friend and severely beaten him; well, we'll beat him back after school." or "The stupid fucking gang members beat the shit outa my friend, im getting payback tomorrow. Get your weapons ready" There are different scenarios and I believe Minobu added these permissions because it's realistic depending on how you roleplay it. So, this means that GangRP'ers need to change their mindsets to fix GangRP - Not add limitations.

Next, let's talk about your second paragraph 'REASON TO KILL DO-OVER'

There's nothing to talk about, you're right. I agree. Gang members need to think ICly about why they would do this, some basketball guy beat your ass, get over it. Stabbing him isn't going to do anything.

I will now give my opinion on your 'RANTING:'

I genuinely do understand. I'm friends with characters I've killed, and I've heard every side of the story. I've had regrets over decisions I made during GangRP and elsewhere. I realize how upsetting it is to lose a character, especially one that has been under development for months or years for a stab carotid death. I understand everything, and I believe your concerns are quite reasonable. I'm not going to say you're wrong because you're not. However, I believe that the best approach to fix this is to manage GangRP'ers' mindsets by showing them the actual GangRP way. By expressing to them that roleplaying things out is superior. If YOU want to see a change, you must initiate it. As I already stated, rules will not change how GangRP'ers operate - Erehn and I are attempting to make Kanto into that type of gang, and things are going well (self promo :)

I believe this is all I must mention, I won't be offended if you still disagree with me, and I'm still happy to continue discussing it with you, I'm passionate about the way to change GangRP as you can tell, lol. I will now write my conclusion

TO CONCLUDE

To summarize this thread response, your concerns and reasonings are quite valid; I agree, as do many others. However, in my opinion, the technique to change this is entirely incorrect. I feel GangRP'ers must take action to better attempt to roleplay things out rather than being murderous hobos with no motive. The first approach is to band together and demonstrate to GangRP'ers that roleplaying things out is more efficient and preferred by staff. After months of hard effort and being refused, I've come to believe all I've said. "Oh well, we're good at killing and we're not toxic, so we'll get verified, right, Minobu?" I used to think. But, no, that isn't what it takes for your hard effort to pay off. You must accept the roleplay and demonstrate to others that you are a model gang. Show others what it takes.
I personally feel like getting staff to improve on the rules would overall help improve the experience honestly.

There's no way we can get people to stop gangrping incorrectly, it's simply not possible. These guys dont and will probably never care about the roleplay side of things, they're just in it because "teehee killing is funny mm gotta get those permsss"

I do agree that it should come out of the community and not require staff intervention, but in this case I personally feel like GangRP'ers simply won't stop. A lot of them like being able to do one liners and get away with breaking the rules, why should they stop? That's why I'd say staff intervention is needed at this stage..

idk my name

Level 4
I'll write a lengthy response to this suggestion, as I do with almost every GangRP change suggestion thread, and to be honest, it's quite pointless for people to start these kinds of threads. SRP would NEVER force someone to participate in a specific sort of roleplay, and the regulations you're proposing mostly push others to participate in a specific type of RP. Furthermore, GangRP will not be improved merely by enforcing regulations; the ONLY issue with GangRP is the community, as I'll discuss further below. Furthermore, restricting the server to exclusively adult roles will cripple the entire community because obtaining an adult rank is quite difficult given that the server is SCHOOL RP. At that point, literally, NO ONE is going to buy a Katana. What's the sense of having it if it's inaccessible to the community? Before I get into the major point, I'd like to point out that I actively GangRP and deal with many of the types of individuals you complain about; hell, I've even been that type of GangRP'er. I've been involved in practically every area of GangRP, so I think I know what I'm talking about.

(Unless you can convince me otherwise)

I would like to start by saying some of your points are valid and I could see a change in there, the permission system isn't all that bad. I assume Minobu expected people to use these perms through roleplay means and not abuse how they gained, but, it's hard to control a community. So, I believe a change in this is plausible.

Now, moving forward to your first paragraph 'AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR WEAPONS AND ITEM PERMISSION REQUESTS'

As I already stated, earning an adult rank on SRP is practically impossible without the correct time. 6-9+ months through the college system, or abandoning GangRP for 4 months to obtain an adult rank through legitimate employment. Both of these are extremely lengthy, and all of this to simply acquire a Katana is truly silly; but, I believe you can provide a counter-reason, and I am eager to hear it. Moving on, I understand your concerns; knocking someone out and then losing an eye is completely unrealistic, especially if the person is a stranger. However, imposing limits will not prevent this; what will prevent it is how GangRP'ers think. "Oh, some random person beefed my friend and severely beaten him; well, we'll beat him back after school." or "The stupid fucking gang members beat the shit outa my friend, im getting payback tomorrow. Get your weapons ready" There are different scenarios and I believe Minobu added these permissions because it's realistic depending on how you roleplay it. So, this means that GangRP'ers need to change their mindsets to fix GangRP - Not add limitations.

Next, let's talk about your second paragraph 'REASON TO KILL DO-OVER'

There's nothing to talk about, you're right. I agree. Gang members need to think ICly about why they would do this, some basketball guy beat your ass, get over it. Stabbing him isn't going to do anything.

I will now give my opinion on your 'RANTING:'

I genuinely do understand. I'm friends with characters I've killed, and I've heard every side of the story. I've had regrets over decisions I made during GangRP and elsewhere. I realize how upsetting it is to lose a character, especially one that has been under development for months or years for a stab carotid death. I understand everything, and I believe your concerns are quite reasonable. I'm not going to say you're wrong because you're not. However, I believe that the best approach to fix this is to manage GangRP'ers' mindsets by showing them the actual GangRP way. By expressing to them that roleplaying things out is superior. If YOU want to see a change, you must initiate it. As I already stated, rules will not change how GangRP'ers operate - Erehn and I are attempting to make Kanto into that type of gang, and things are going well (self promo :)

I believe this is all I must mention, I won't be offended if you still disagree with me, and I'm still happy to continue discussing it with you, I'm passionate about the way to change GangRP as you can tell, lol. I will now write my conclusion

TO CONCLUDE

To summarize this thread response, your concerns and reasonings are quite valid; I agree, as do many others. However, in my opinion, the technique to change this is entirely incorrect. I feel GangRP'ers must take action to better attempt to roleplay things out rather than being murderous hobos with no motive. The first approach is to band together and demonstrate to GangRP'ers that roleplaying things out is more efficient and preferred by staff. After months of hard effort and being refused, I've come to believe all I've said. "Oh well, we're good at killing and we're not toxic, so we'll get verified, right, Minobu?" I used to think. But, no, that isn't what it takes for your hard effort to pay off. You must accept the roleplay and demonstrate to others that you are a model gang. Show others what it takes.
I agree with this, but like Gemi said above, some people just won’t stop and it may take staff intervention and some change of rules. A good example of this was at the Akihito x Kishi war which I participated in. There was a very visible line of who was roleplaying properly and who was performing one liners. And addressing your conclusion I agree with this, gangs like Mighty Stars have done things like that before. Besides that thank you for replying!

idk my name

Level 4
+1 / -1
I do think what you said about some things that should be fixed in GangRP, but you were really disrespectful towards the GangRP community.
The point of this post was to be unfiltered and somewhat disrespectful, that’s why I made this post anonymous. I think it’s normally one sided in the GangRP community. When someone criticizes the community a member of said community fights back and defends it but does the same thing to other factions like KPD or teams and expects people to agree with them. Quite hypocritical.

idk my name

Level 4
I'm not going to respond to anything else on your comment besides this because there's really nothing for us to dispute; you're just giving your thoughts and branching off my idea, so I don't see us as debating. I believe we're on the same page.

Anyway, this isn't significant because the premise is the same, but I'm pretty sure GangRP'ers don't care about "Killing is fun" I think they care more about their gang being "On top" by having the most kills and the most active community. A lot of new and old people want to join a gang that kills because they think they're strong, and right now in GangRP, people believe killing others senselessly is the way to be "On top"

Essentially, what I just said makes no addition, but it is a little fact that I believe I must mention. GangRP'ers are more concerned with being "On top" and feared instead of killing random people cause it's fun. I think.
When thinking of being on top in the criminal world, you need to be scary and incite fear. How do you do that? Through killing. Most SRP gangs follow that religiously.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Reminder for everyone to keep the replies in this thread related to the suggestion in itself and not deviate to other private matters that could instigate drama in this thread. Failure to do so will result in the thread being locked until staff review it​

Ayouub

Level 11
godsfavourite
godsfavourite
Notable
It is normally the other way around, if your developed character died you’d feel the same way whether the perms were baited or not, you of all people would know that right?
I would not give anyone get any perms on my well developed character, this doesn't mean not to use it but you should use it smartly. I personally GangRP everyday and never give perms on my characters without being masked/with a hidden identity. All my character losses are due to arrests. In conclusion if you want to still GangRP and not use your character do it smartly. Don't just KO someone with no mask on and an identifiable outfit and then complain about your character being Majored/Killed. And you can simply not get engaged in any GangRP situation and keep your character as you like.

minustempo

Level 35
minustempo
minustempo
Notable
That undermines roleplay for a lot of players because no one wears a suit and a mask in real life to merely steal a few dollars from someone. You basically have no options if you want to retain your character the way it is. You can't reasonably call cops, you can't have a simple street brawl over a few furious comments, you can't do anything. And that is a disaster in and of itself.
-oi, baka. i agree with you here and everything thats been said so far (disregarding the age limit to use a weapon as i feel like that's dumb) but if you want to have a simple street brawl you could agree to 'no perms' and if the other person is chill enough they'd probably just agree with u asking for no perms. That's what jockrp is. Jockrp has no perms but people beat eachother up all the time. Personally I've never been a fan of the major section of permissions as I thought that literally knocking someone out should lead to another category cause realistically if someone beat your up i dont think u'd just run up and stab them in the face with a naginata

Nova

Level 36
+1 However as someone who's suggested many things that could change GangRP, i doubt staff would accept this because its known to be a very low chance for staff to accept suggestions like these.
I disagree with this, me and another have had a personal talk with im6 about removing the P2L system with weapons considering how unfair it is, after getting rid of that, another friend of mine had assisted in getting even more CCTV everywhere around the map for the sake of furthering the deterrence of GangRP. Something like this needs to happen, as i've seen gangrpers take it far too seriously on that level to the point of toxicity. I have been off the server for almost a year and seeing that these problems still exist is very disappointing. I wanna have fist fights and character development without some ego-filled dumbass stabbing me in the carotid because I beat them in a fight. (I understand that is not how it really works, but the point still stands.)

idk my name

Level 4
So I think we're on the same track there; staff could help with minor details like permissions and so on, and the community could also pitch in. Overall, however, the GangRP'ers themselves are the only ones that can make significant changes. Your suggestion sheds light on the issues plaguing GangRP; now it is up to the community to act on it.
This is the simplified version of my rant pretty much lol

Lolz

Level 6
-1 / +1
As a somewhat gangrper myself I do believe that gangrp does ruin things, such as lots of gangrpers just do whatever they want which do not follow the rules at all. I do disagree with many other people who gangrp, but at the same time if people do understand gangrp and if one does it right then I don't mind it but if they are to not follow the rules then in my opinion it's just stupid that they do not.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread