mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

SUGGESTION/RANT | GangRP is ruining the server

Earthy

Level 3
I don’t vote on things or anything sorry;

but I’d just like to say that when it comes down to GangRP most people like to rush it to try and avoid being caught. Which sucks for me because unlike them typing “/me sweeps” or “/me stabs ‘insert name here’”. I like to add detail, as someone who writes novels I’m not one to write such short barely detailed sentences. My actions (/me; /it) tend to fill up the Minecraft limit on typing; if it’s not a dangerous situation they can tend to get up to 3 limit breakers long. This sucks for me because while I’m taking my time putting effort into what I’m doing people are over there saying things in /looc like “hurry up” or things like “react react react” when indeed I am reacting but they are too impatient to actually be gang rping.
Don’t get me wrong, I can type almost 200 wpm, but not everyone can type fast so if you gang rp you should learn to be patient; if the cops show up then big deal. I ninety percent guarantee that your character was thrown together and has no effort put into it.

after typing this I’d like to put a +1

Lizalopod

Level 130

but I’d just like to say that when it comes down to GangRP most people like to rush it to try and avoid being caught. Which sucks for me because unlike them typing “/me sweeps” or “/me stabs ‘insert name here’”. I like to add detail, as someone who writes novels I’m not one to write such short barely detailed sentences. My actions (/me; /it) tend to fill up the Minecraft limit on typing; if it’s not a dangerous situation they can tend to get up to 3 limit breakers long. This sucks for me because while I’m taking my time putting effort into what I’m doing people are over there saying things in /looc like “hurry up” or things like “react react react” when indeed I am reacting but they are too impatient to actually be gang rping.
Don’t get me wrong, I can type almost 200 wpm, but not everyone can type fast so if you gang rp you should learn to be patient; if the cops show up then big deal. I ninety percent guarantee that your character was thrown together and has no effort put into it.

I feel that, I've seen it happen with me aswell, and I didn't even type long detailed stuff, I just typed up a couple of sentences quickly and they were already screaming at me in looc

It's just not being treated like roleplay anymore, it's just being treated like any other video game at this point. There shouldn't be a bloody "meta" for roleplay, it's roleplay!

I definitely agree that it has to come out of the community to change, and it would be great if they could, but in my opinion its not possible with the current rules system. I personally think that tweaking combat rules and perms and stuff would be beneficial to encouraging less competitive behavior. (Example, if you make major harder to obtain, people may end up giving up on baiting it and stuff)

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

I used to do this as well (I don't really combatrp anymore) and I've never once been interrupted by cops over me not detailing. I'm also studying to be a novelist, and it saddens me how bad the gangrp situation has gotten on SRP.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+

I felt this. This is probably the main reason I’ve rarely detailRP. Majority of peoples rp style of detailing actions are so short and conversation are a bit quicker. So when I come across someone who takes their time and actually waits for me to respond (for example Mike Akihito once) it kinda feels satisfying to be able to slow down and practice detailRP. That’s also what my goal was when I used to teach culinary back then. To let people practice detailRP with both /mes and /its because you’re not in a situation where you need to feel rushed. But ye it kinda sad tho

Joe.exe

Level 46
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
+1
I can’t describe how terrifying GangRP is. It’s craziness is comparable to GTA’s Los Santos. It’s so unrealistic that I don’t want to do anything about GangRP. Some of my friends’ characters were killed or disabled. Every day, many characters are immersed in sadness and pain.

Let me tell a story of a friend of mine: He is a depressed patient who found himself in SRP, and I also tried to help him out of the gloom. But one day his character was killed just because he tell police someone commits a crime. He said he cried all night. He said he lost everything. Some people might say, "Then create another character. Why you sadness?" But that character is really all he has. From then on, he has never showed up again. I was really worried about him. It was not until half a year later that he finally sent me a long text. He decided to quit SRP and decided to quit this place that he hated. Maybe, this is the best result for him...

Just like the name of the server "School Role Play", it is not about creating a crazy city for GangRP. Our focus is still on schools, so I hope to further restrict the conditions for killing.

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
+1
I can’t describe how terrifying GangRP is. It’s craziness is comparable to GTA’s Los Santos. It’s so unrealistic that I don’t want to do anything about GangRP. Some of my friends’ characters were killed or disabled. Every day, many characters are immersed in sadness and pain.

Let me tell a story of a friend of mine: He is a depressed patient who found himself in SRP, and I also tried to help him out of the gloom. But one day his character was killed just because he tell police someone commits a crime. He said he cried all night. He said he lost everything. Some people might say, "Then create another character. Why you sadness?" But that character is really all he has. From then on, he has never showed up again. I was really worried about him. It was not until half a year later that he finally sent me a long text. He decided to quit SRP and decided to quit this place that he hated. Maybe, this is the best result for him...

Just like the name of the server "School Role Play", it is not about creating a crazy city for GangRP. Our focus is still on schools, so I hope to further restrict the conditions for killing.
In case it wasn't obvious, +1.
I completely understand everything stated here. There is no reason for the corrupted amount of GangRP to consume such a large portion of a server named 'SchoolRP'. I understand the anxieties and paranoia of this, being something that initially terrified me to an endless extend when I first joined the server, just because I was roleplaying with my comfort character, I couldn't handle if he died, yes, the matter may be ICly due to the permissions some actions may grant, even if it was just me playing my character, but OOCly it would still destroy me regardless. The amount of danger to a character on SRP is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. I couldn't imagine being a younger child joining SRP and having to read and be exposed to the disgusting and horrible acts committed around SRP, and the fact these actions are entirely permitted and vaguely ENCOURAGED by its community and some of the staff's rules and permissions set in place for gangrp is absolutely disgusting to me. SRP is completely hypocritical, and there is nothing child-friendly whatsoever on the server, despite the impression it may leave initially on younger children. I should not have to be afraid to log on, I should not have to be afraid to play my comfort character on a 'schoolrp server' because of the paranoia of having to read him being murdered or injured to an unrecoverable extent. It's absolutely ludicrous. SRP stands for nothing child-friendly, despite what it may seem.

I personally only think KPS should be granted with consent, despite some circumstances.
There is little to no respect for the value someone holds to their character in the Gangrp community and the people who endorse it, and I think it is repulsive to watch and be exposed to. They need extreme limitations to prevent this, the community is already infested with bloodlust and disturbing content that is treated as nothing, and while it is fun to joke about, it is disturbing that they have the ability to behave this way.

Last edited:

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
In case it wasn't obvious, +1.
I completely understand everything stated here. There is no reason for the corrupted amount of GangRP to consume such a large portion of a server named 'SchoolRP'. I understand the anxieties and paranoia of this, being something that initially terrified me to an endless extend when I first joined the server, just because I was roleplaying with my comfort character, I couldn't handle if he died, yes, the matter may be ICly due to the permissions some actions may grant, even if it was just me playing my character, but OOCly it would still destroy me regardless. The amount of danger to a character on SRP is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. I couldn't imagine being a younger child joining SRP and having to read and be exposed to the disgusting and horrible acts committed around SRP, and the fact these actions are entirely permitted and vaguely ENCOURAGED by its community and some of the staff's rules and permissions set in place for gangrp is absolutely disgusting to me. SRP is completely hypocritical, and there is nothing child-friendly whatsoever on the server, despite the impression it may leave initially on younger children. I should not have to be afraid to log on, I should not have to be afraid to play my comfort character on a 'schoolrp server' because of the paranoia of having to read him being murdered or injured to an unrecoverable extent. It's absolutely ludicrous. SRP stands for nothing child-friendly, despite what it may seem.

I personally only think KPS should be granted with consent, despite some circumstances.
There is little to no respect for the value someone holds to their character in the Gangrp community and the people who endorse it, and I think it is repulsive to watch and be exposed to. They need extreme limitations to prevent this, the community is already infested with bloodlust and disturbing content that is treated as nothing, and while it is fun to joke about, it is disturbing that they have the ability to behave this way.
I think this went off the rail. This sounds very personal even. I’m pretty sure they don’t allow actions to go that far and you could always ask the person for a death that isn’t descriptive for your eyes. If it gets out of hand you can even speak with a staff member about it. I completely agree that the whole killing thing is so crazy but I feel like the rest of the points completely took the turn off of what the original thread was trying to propose

edit: idk who told you this server was child friendly. If you heard it from a staff member… well can’t say nothing on that. Everyone who plays srp technically knows it’s not and gangrp is technically proof it’s not. Yes staff do their best to discourage not so child friendly things to be said both in discord and on the server but taking a look at the community and how roleplay normally is, if I had a child I wouldn’t let them play until they’re in their mid teens or something. I think the issue is what the definition of child friendly is supposed to mean to you. I’m pretty sure staff would say the server is supposed to be pg13 meaning it’s good for at least 13+ to play. Not anything lower which makes sense under discord rules when signing up. I’m not saying the way gangrp is, 13 year olds are able to sit there and read those actions but I mean everyone has their own level of sensitivity when reading certain actions that involves gore

Last edited:

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
I think this went off the rail. This sounds very personal even. I’m pretty sure they don’t allow actions to go that far and you could always ask the person for a death that isn’t descriptive for your eyes. If it gets out of hand you can even speak with a staff member about it. I completely agree that the whole killing thing is so crazy but I feel like the rest of the points completely took the turn off of what the original thread was trying to propose

edit: idk who told you this server was child friendly. If you heard it from a staff member… well can’t say nothing on that. Everyone who plays srp technically knows it’s not and gangrp is technically proof it’s not. Yes staff do their best to discourage not so child friendly things to be said both in discord and on the server but taking a look at the community and how roleplay normally is, if I had a child I wouldn’t let them play until they’re in their mid teens or something. I think the issue is what the definition of child friendly is supposed to mean to you. I’m pretty sure staff would say the server is supposed to be pg13 meaning it’s good for at least 13+ to play. Not anything lower which makes sense under discord rules when signing up. I’m not saying the way gangrp is, 13 year olds are able to sit there and read those actions but I mean everyone has their own level of sensitivity when reading certain actions that involves gore
[ur right it did go a little bit of the rails, but some of my points still stand]
I've felt this for a while, and gangrp does need it's limits. A lot of the actions on srp are taken blatantly too far and a lot of the time I do think that the ability to gangrp should be limited to specific people with specific limits rather than the way it is now.
about the child friendly thing, I still stand by that. it's still a bit hypocritical on what's allowed and what's not. for example, you're not allowed to curse oocly but for some ungodly reason someone tossing around a limb [things I've seen unfortunately multiple times] is somehow acceptable, I'm unaware if these actions have had direct consequences afterwards, but I know there's no real descriptive limitation on them from what I've seen besides the gorerp rule, which is flexible on what it entails of. And something that a lot of people forget once joining the community; this is Minecraft. A Minecraft roleplay, even. When I first joined I'd had in mind one of those stupid "school roleplay!" videos from youtube, Not to really be exposed on things like that, this is a personal example like before, yes, but I have no doubts other kids would join with the same situation, but yeah this is irrelevant to the original post lmao [so, moving on.]

Last edited:

Lizalopod

Level 130
After reading the thread a majority of the Comments here is MY perception & thoughts of the server, and gang roleplay in general. The concept of "Gang Roleplay" Is not RUINING the server, the people are. Back in 2020, 2019, 2018, GangRP was a pretty popular part of School Roleplay. The evolution of this server, GangRP, and The people who play this server compared to the people who USED to play the server, in general, is what is "Ruining" the server. New rules that are being added, new ideas, things that more pertain to the School aspect of this Roleplay server. Sure Criminal Activity wouldn't really fit into the server if it was just a server called "School" But the idea of ROLEPLAY is to be something that you otherwise Couldn't, Can't, or Don't want to do In real life. To be something OTHER than what you are in the real world. So to force the idea upon someone that the only thing they can do is go to school takes out the whole Roleplay aspect of the server. You can't just remove a whole section of roleplay that has been a big part of the server for YEARS, that's just not something you should do. Maybe a big majority of the server doesn't favor the idea of GangRP but you have to take into consideration the number of people who do participate in that roleplay today. Maybe YOU don't like the idea of GangRP and other people on the server don't but thats just what the server has to offer and if you don't seem to like it I would recommend just leaving the server. I would say a good amount of people DO gangRP and making BIG changes to it like changing the age you have to be to simply buy a weapon.

Reading this It really just seems like you're angry about losing a character, that is all it sounds like. Dying is a part of GangRP, and obviously, if you died you got involved with it in some way shape or form. You can't blame it on the people who do this type of roleplay for YOU dying, thats just not how it works. I will agree with you though, about the toxicity in the GangRP Community, though NO one on this server can say they haven't been toxic in some way playing this server. Also, everyone argues about loosing characters unless its actually a "Throw-away" character, when you spend so much time working on a character, meeting new people, etc. you usually don't want it to just die just because you did something stupid related to GangRP. Though you must come to terms that you're going to die at some point while you're roleplaying, just how you are going to come to terms that at some point in your life YOU are going to die.
Gangrp isn't ruining the server sure, but it should definitely be changed to discourage people treating it more like a game than actual roleplay. That's the whole point of this in my opinion. If my character were to be killed with proper roleplay and a good in character reason, I'd be 100% fine with it. Now being immediately killed by keybinds because I called the cops on a fight? That's not even realistic at all lol. It doesn't help that most of the time gang roleplayers make up bogus perms for stuff like this.

I'd say people are completely justified being angry or upset about losing a character that way

Hamburger

Level 187
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
I just think that people are mainly (if not only) using GangRP on OOC. Is that correct?
oaZu1HB.gif
*IGN* AurorianPup
*DM* AurorianPup#5795
*CHARACTER(s)*

[18] [Grade 12] Kiyoshi 'R'. Matsumoto (きよし 松本)

Last edited:

Hamburger

Level 187
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
To add onto that, Cops have MAJOR advantages over gangRPers. They have guns, tasers, they roll higher, etc. That basically Nerfs gangRPers, there is close to no chance that a gangRPer is going to overpower a cop unless you have about 5 people. I hate it when I hear police officers complaining about what gangRPers are doing when they have the biggest advantages than anyone on the server.
I can't agree more with Shie. There are cops all around the server complaining about the GangRPers but don't do anything about it. They are basically the ones who are supposed to save the city, not complain about these people...

giphy (1) (1).gif
*IGN* AurorianPup
*DM* AurorianPup#5795
*CHARACTER(s)*

[18] [Grade 12] Kiyoshi 'R'. Matsumoto (きよし 松本)​

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
In response to @Shie & @AurorianPup

I'm not too sure what "complaining" you're referring to, but I'm guessing it is the same as what this forums post is about

SchoolRP players who belong to the KPD faction are mainly concerned about the status of GangRP where it is given more importance to killing and winning rather than actual roleplay. This is something completely respectable, and something that I do agree on. I'm still not too sure what the "complaining" matters you brought up add up to the argument

As for the "Cops are meant to save people", it is partially true. Police Officers are meant to be able to deal with multiple criminals at the same time while being outnumbered in pretty much all situations. That is why they are given these perks, considering how there is only a total of 25 slots available for police to be in. Besides, it IS possible to overpower a police officer, since it has happened in the past, even in 1v1 situations. All it takes is playing your cards right and you can win a situation.

TL;DR - All players have the right to speak up their minds about what they think is right/not right, and regardless of their role, they shouldn't be told otherwise.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
I understand where you're coming from, there are people who just treat gangRP like some sort of killing game. That isn't too cool but you have to also understand there isn't much for GangRPers to do anyway. Theres not enough content if you're a gangRPer if you get what I'm saying. Look at other aspects of the server, you could say there are plenty of things to do in JobRP, or SchoolRP. You could make the argument that server wasn't meant for gangRPers but the server HAS gangRPers and that isn't something you can really change without making people quit. Back to the main topic though, the only things you CAN do as a gangRPer really is killing people. Theres no major ability to rob people? theres no crazy things like taking over your own hideout when theres only one right now? You're also forced to join a verified gang just to be able to actually buy good weapons? Like these are reasons why you only see gangRPers killing. Give them more things to do and you might just find there will be a decline in the killing that happens on the server. Nerfing it more is not going to make the situation better. Think on that.
I gangrp and I haven't killed a character in over a year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
i feel like the direction of gangrp needs to change, it needs to be less about the meta and copying one another, to more narrative stuff like what the yakuza is doing.. or at least gangrp needs to get more creative in some way. one of you guys mentioned how one of the major rules w/ gangrp is that you have to know your characters gonna die.... but i feel like it shouldn't be that way! it prevents people from falling in love with their characters & having more fun with it. gangrp needs to become less focused on killing characters because developed characters (and characters in general) drive a roleplay.

Hamburger

Level 187
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
I gangrp and I haven't killed a character in over a year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I see where you are at @Kana but it doesn't have to just be you. It can be anyone who does GangRP.

The dog thing.gif
*IGN* AurorianPup
*DM* AurorianPup#5795
*CHARACTER(s)*
[18] [Grade 12] Kiyoshi 'R'. Matsumoto (きよし 松本)​

Lizalopod

Level 130
I understand where you're coming from, there are people who just treat gangRP like some sort of killing game. That isn't too cool but you have to also understand there isn't much for GangRPers to do anyway. Theres not enough content if you're a gangRPer if you get what I'm saying. Look at other aspects of the server, you could say there are plenty of things to do in JobRP, or SchoolRP. You could make the argument that server wasn't meant for gangRPers but the server HAS gangRPers and that isn't something you can really change without making people quit. Back to the main topic though, the only things you CAN do as a gangRPer really is killing people. Theres no major ability to rob people? theres no crazy things like taking over your own hideout when theres only one right now? You're also forced to join a verified gang just to be able to actually buy good weapons? Like these are reasons why you only see gangRPers killing. Give them more things to do and you might just find there will be a decline in the killing that happens on the server. Nerfing it more is not going to make the situation better. Think on that.
You could do a million things as a gangrper. Fight someone, sell illegal stuff, commit kidnapping and stuff, seriously, Killing is far from the only thing you can do. The reason they all go for it is because its the "ultimate victory" because your opponent is no longer able to use their character. . . Thats why they're always nagging about perms and kill counters and shit.

And honestly if they did only just kill, but every kill was properly roleplayed instead of /me stAbs, i would personally be completely fine with it. But nah macros are apparently more immersive am i right?

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your feedback, the staff team will be working on something that should hopefully satisfy all parties & Thank you to those who replied to this thread with your reasonings and additional suggestions.

- We're currently in the process of re-writing our entire rule book to make it more; advanced, easier to understand, as well as include ALL rules the staff team are currently enforcing.​
- We'll be greatly improving upon the Combat system & making things a lot clearer for those who partake in said roleplay, this includes proper IC reasoning for using specific permissions.​
- Age requirements for weapons won't be added, however we've already attempted to limit the amount of serious weaponry (katanas, naginatas, etc.) via the Verified Gangs system.​

Users who are viewing this thread