players online

Suggestions: Retired Roles (30/12)

Mobius

Level 1
IGN: ACgroup (RPname: Mobius)
DATE:
30/12/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Add retired roles for each existing role (e.g. retired teacher, retired police officer)
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
This allows more role-playing-ness into the game, as it allows people to quit jobs, and retired people often contribute. For example, a retired teacher can serve as a substitute teacher, or a retired police officer may help report crimes and help solving them.
[IMAGES IF ANY] None

Lizalopod

Level 130
Neutral

Certainly an interesting suggestion, though I don't think adding even more roles to the ones we have already is necessary

dão aula e olham tudo

Level 13
rottenspits
rottenspits
Rich
Why not just keep them as adults? They don't need a tag that proves they've retired, their character development itself is more than enough. Plus, the last thing retired people wanna do is return to their workplace lmfao

DarkEclipic

Level 158
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
Neutral / leaning to -1

As good as this sounds, most people leave the faction/job because of many of different reasons. Either they left due to ooc issues, ic issues, etc.

robinzee

Level 22
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
I lean, or rather don't lean, either way on this.

I don't see what it would bring to the world of Karakura. Roles, as I understand them, are meant to be an indicator of function, they aren't cosmetic. One person has the [OFFICER] tag, meaning they work in KPD to stop crime. Another person has the [SHOPKEEPER] tag, meaning they are the owner of an official shop in Karakura. [GRADE-12] means the character is in school, [ADULT] means they aren't notable to the majority of the citizenship but they aren't young, etc.

A [RETIRED-PROFESSOR]/[RETIRED-TEACHER] wouldn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things, I feel.

Last edited:

Hirathex

Level 250
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+
refer to robin’s response, doesn’t really mean anything. not needed

Mobius

Level 1
Firstly, this allows people to rejoin the job after they have left

secondly, they are like seniors, so the people with normal roles can ask/take opinions and experience from the retired seniors

I hope these answered the questions above

some examples:
Retired professors/teachers can be substitute teachers
Retired officers/detective can help solve a difficult case
Retired emergency/hospital workers can help at emergencies

it’s just like someone with a job experience returning to a job after quitting

Mobius

Level 1
I lean, or rather don't lean, either way on this.

I don't see what it would bring to the world of Karakura. Roles, as I understand them, are meant to be an indicator of function, they aren't cosmetic. One person has the [OFFICER] tag, meaning they work in KPD to stop crime. Another person has the [SHOPKEEPER] tag, meaning they are the owner of an official shop in Karakura. [GRADE-12] means the character is in school, [ADULT] means they aren't notable to the majority of the citizenship but they aren't young, etc.

A [RETIRED-PROFESSOR]/[RETIRED-TEACHER] wouldn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things, I feel.
No because as mentioned in my previous reply, they can have jobs after quitting.

so people who worked in the profession can be like “oh he got experience in my field before, maybe I can ask him something” or something like that

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+

secondly, they are like seniors, so the people with normal roles can ask/take opinions and experience from the retired seniors

some examples:

People still have the character development and backstory to reapply for the jobs they had before if they really wanted to. Most ask why they want the job, to which the person applying can state that they were a former part of the faction and want to come back. The roles will just end up being too much, as the adult tag is more or less proof of having a role. The tab would be much more chaotic with all of the extra roles.
An alternative is to put "Retired-(role)" on their ID when they quit their faction
Now this is an idea I can get behind. There already is a part that says "Formally Unemployed" which can have added what they used to be a part of, like "Former-Surgeon" or "Former-Officer", etc.

DarkEclipic

Level 158
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+

some examples:

You have to remember that people who have adult tags, they may not be playing on that particular character all the time or at all. They can still have it as their character lore that they were a teacher/KPD/EMS/etc but we don't need an entire role for it. And if you wanted to rejoin a faction, you will still have to make a application even if you were previously in it.

robinzee

Level 22
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
The thing is, people with adult roles can do that regardless. Retired detectives, I believe if agreed upon by the faction lead, can be called in as consultants, there's no need for substitute teachers in Karakura because that's just not the way the school system in Karakura works and there aren't enough emergencies to warrant calling upon retired emergency medical service workers.

I totally get where you're coming from with this, but I'm afraid this is where fiction, or Karakura, clashes with how SchoolRP, the server, operates.

You have to remember that people who have adult tags, they may not be playing on that particular character all the time or at all. They can still have it as their character lore that they were a teacher/KPD/EMS/etc but we don't need an entire role for it. And if you wanted to rejoin a faction, you will still have to make a application even if you were previously in it.
Excellent note, thank you DarkEclipic.

Bearing this in mind, the proposed ID change could be difficult to introduce (though it's hard for me to judge that since I don't have a complete understanding of how the ID system works on the back end).

Either way, I'm still very hesitant to call it anything more than an aesthetic change.

Last edited:

DarkEclipic

Level 158
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
Bearing this in mind, the proposed ID change could be difficult to introduce (though it's hard for me to judge that since I don't have a complete understanding of how the ID system works on the back end).
I am sure that they could add extra text and have proof that chara was a teacher, but if possible, I dont see why we couldnt put it on IDs for those characters! Otherwise they can just be like 'oh yeah I taught at the school' much like my main character!

Classicalist

Level 86
An alternate to this would be having a "Retired" role in discords. example for retired teachers in academics. Have it as a role that doesn't get shows in the role list at the side so its one of those roles you have to click on someone to see.

Users who are viewing this thread