players online

Synkoi | HS Council Application

atkoi

Level 27
GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft Username?:

Synkoi

Past warns/kicks/bans?:

I have two previous bans that have taken place on my main account, atkoi. One of them had been a ban due to a misunderstanding which had been lifted immediately, the other one was classified as unserious roleplay and had taken place when I was new to the server back in late July early August. I have since then learned from my mistakes and my record has been spotless since then.

Misunderstanding;​

UnseriousRP;
(Unfortunately, I was unable to locate the link. I'm not sure if this is a forums problem or not.)

What is your timezone?:
My timezone is EST

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord tag)?:

I do have a discord; atkoi#7205

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server? (Approved, Denied & Pending):

Accepted:

[Accepted, Teacher app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/myujiis-art-teacher-application.42250/#post-133955
[Accepted, Lawyer app] [Accepted, Build team app] [Accepted, 3D Model team app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/3d-modeler-sunkoi.46718/

[Accepted, Language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.41894/#post-131287
[Accepted, Language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.40377/
[Accepted, Language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.40357/
[Accepted, Language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.40355/
[Accepted, Language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.40377/
[Accepted, Language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-jsl.42245/
[Accepted, Third language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/third-language-application.42352/
[Accepted, Third language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-third-language.43122/
[Accepted, Language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-chinese.43207/
[Accepted, Language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-german.43208/

Denied:

[Denied, Language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.40371/
Not enough information

[Denied, Language app] https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.40328/
Not enough information

Describe your activity on the server?:
When it comes to my activity on the server, I have yet to disappoint anyone. My activity is a steady 6-10 hours each day when I'm not working, although I tend to always hop on the server before and after work. I enjoy playing with friends on the server and some days it's very slow paced, other days it's fast. I can be found either roleplaying with friends on my college character or roleplaying with others on my adult and lawyer accounts. Besides roleplaying, I'm also a builder, a 3d modeler, and a tailor for SRP. The longest I've gone without logging onto the server to play is 2 or 3 days (This includes general inactivity of not logging on ANY of my accounts). I'd like to believe I'm in the top 3 most active players currently. A majority of my activity is evenly distributed between my atkoi, sunkoi, and 6pancakoi accounts.

List your accounts and roles on this server?:

atkoi - College Baseball
sunkoi - adult
6pancakoi - lawyer
Synkoi - grade-11

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?:
I do understand that if I am inactive for more than 15 days without presenting a valid reason via inactivity log I will be removed from the council.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is student council and what do they do?:

When it comes to the student council, there's a lot of students who will view them as the school enforcers while also giving them a good rep of being the ones you go to for events and ideas when you aren't sure where else to go. They're there to guide students and give them a sense of security. The school council is in charge of ensuring student safety while being the ones students go to when they don't want to speak to faculty or are unable to. They're the students who help enforce the rules on campus and are dedicated to being the best they can for others regardless of status. They're found either patrolling the halls or sitting at the desk of the councilors office. Student councilors are capable of helping students when teachers can't. They're dedicated to what they do, and knowing how to discipline students accordingly is one of the few things they're expected to do.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, ect.):
My main focal point for applying for council is to experience it for what it's worth. I've had several friends in and out of council and some who have been on the council since I joined the server. On the server for a bit of time I was a teacher and unfortunately I had to leave the role due to OOC reasons, which are now passed for the most part. Although, instead of creating new lesson plans and teaching students in the way I used to, I'd like to try my hand at being a councilor for the sake of still having that chance at bonding with other students ICly and roleplaying with friends. Currently, a few of my friends are in council or are applying to be in it, and I figured I might as well send in an application as well. I know the rules generally well and I have a strong understanding on how to enforce them, seeing as it was something I had to do during my time as a teacher. Overall, I'm motivated to apply for council to make more friends, spend time with current ones, and try my hand at a new, more relaxed form of ICly work on school grounds.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and team work ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
I am aware that I'll have to be creative and use team work within the student council. I know that it won't be much of an issue for me seeing as I have already been working on event ideas and projects for the Baseball team and with the event team. I feel that my creativity and experience in teamwork will help me to outshine others, regardless of the situation.

Can you list the roles in council along with others roles that might be important to council?:
The roles in council consist of the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Councilor. Outside of the council, some important roles that supply councilors with what they need in order to carry out their duties efficiently are the Principal, Vice principals, Vice Deans, Deans, Professors, and the Teachers. Other than them, we can also add in the other faculty members that, even though you don't see them as often, are still considered a big help to the faction which would be the Receptionists, Caretakers, Nurses, chefs, and Librarians. All together, they are respected individuals who make the workload on the councilors easier.

SCENARIOS

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?

Eden took notice of the two girls, her nose wrinkling in distaste as she marched over to the pair. She set a hard glare on her face as she rose her Ocarina to her lips, tooting twice LOUDLY to get their attention. They hadn't paid any attention to her the first time, and they probably didn't even KNOW what she had planned for them, but nonetheless she crossed her arms over her chest. Her lips parted and she spoke once she had gotten their attention. "You know, you probably shouldn't be standing here arguing with each other. Could you stop arguing? You're kind of causing a scene and I really don't want to have to give you guys any serious warnings." She waited for their responses, hoping they knocked it off for now. If they didn't she'd give them one warning, telling them to separate. If they refused to comply, she'd threaten detention and eventually issue it if the situation persisted.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?
Eden sighed, pressing a hand to her forehead. Really? She didn't want to play a game of tag with adolescent teenagers who hid their face from the world. She pulled out her radio, describing the students general attire and making sure those who heard her over the radio knew there was a masked student on the loose. She gave them a general direction of where the student went and continued on her round of patrol. She wasn't going to let one delinquent ruin her patrol. She was set on finding other rule breakers, just incase a fight was going on. If they were found, Eden would request them to be unmasked and be issued detention. During detention, she'd stand beside their desk, arms folded as she glared down at them. "I really hope you don't make it a habit of running off when threatened with detention, buddy. Your name is on record and if you exceed a certain amount of times brought in here you'll be suspended, which makes it very HARD to get anywhere in life." Eden stepped away, flicking her hair over her shoulder as she waited for them to finish their task, then, eventually, would allow them to leave.

There seems to be a councilor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?
Eden huffed in exasperation. Really? A councilor abusing their position to pick on the people they claim they're helping? She stomped over to the councilor, her nose wrinkling as she stepped between the student and the belligerent councilor, crossing her arms almost defensively over herself. She wasn't afraid to stick up for others. "Cool it, please. Why're you acting like this? As a councilor you're supposed to be level-headed and HELPFUL. . not acting like the very students we're trying to keep in line." Eden shot at the councilor, her voice laced with a scary calm. "We're here to help people, not upset them further. Go to the councilors room, I'll meet you there and we can talk about what's bothering you." She turned on her heel, dismissing the other councilor as she offered the student a small smile. "Hey, sorry. What were you doing before they came over?" At least, for now, she'd be getting their side of the story and later on the councilors to see if there was valid reason for them to act up. If not, she'd make note of it and bring it up with a higher up.

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?
She leaned on the desk, probably having been zoned out during half of the meeting, or not quite understanding of what was said. No problem! She rose her hand, speaking when called upon. "Hey, so. . I didn't quite get. ." She would describe some spots that she had drawn a blank upon, or genuinely missed. Upon recieving her answer, she'd nod her head, deciding this time to keep her focus incase of any other key information that may of been needed. Seeing as her older sister was there too, she could probably go to her to clarify further if needed.

A teacher/receptionist has told you or done something that goes against what you were trained by your higher ups. How would you react to this?
Eden blinked in confusion. Houston, we have a problem. She'd nod her head, frowning slightly. "Can we put that on hold, please? Just so I can confirm from my boss." Without waiting for a response, she pulled out her radio, calling over it for the vice president or president to confirm or deny the order given to her by the teacher/receptionist. She was uncomfortable to say the least, feeling it was against everything she was told. Upon the response, she'd meet the gaze of the older individual. "Sorry, it seems like this is something I am unable to handle." There, sweet and simple. Two birds with one stone, making a higher up aware of the situation from the teacher AND refusing them as kindly as she could.

Please provide a detailed event that a club or council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more):
I know we shouldn't recycle old ideas, or should create new ones that haven't been made before. Sometimes, that's hard to do given how limited we are! So, I have come up with a few small idea's for events that we can host and smacked a few of them here.

The first event idea is a school-wide water day. This may seem silly, but it'll help others to unwind, relax, and have some fun. Students will be encouraged to come dressed in school-appropriate swimwear. We can involve the fashion club, asking if they'd like to host a fashion show during or near the end of the event, having students compete with one another for who has the best outfit. They can set the theme, a few ideas could be beach-wear, general summer, or Hawaiian. The swim team could set up a competition to see who can give the best detailrp'd dive at the pool, time students to see who can swim the fastest and even see if they can pick out new team members if the students so wish to join! Over on the track field we could have a pool party planned with a large pool, DJ booth, and small stalls sporting food, water, and water guns. We could have a massive water gun fight with the rivalry between Spartans and Bobcats, or team vs team. If we were to decide team vs team, we could have students apply beforehand with their team name + the IGN of their teammates. The teams could be limited to 4 or 5 students MAX, minimum of 2. Inside we could have some background's set up for photos, along with a catwalk for the fashion club.

The second event idea would be a club rally in the auditorium. We can have booths for each active club set up along the sides, with small signs and book handouts for students that explain what each club is about and what they do. It'll raise awareness for the clubs and give students a chance to see which ones are actively looking for members and get them more involved with the school.

The third event idea would be a school-wide book competition. We give the students three different genre's and ideas for them to write a book within a week. They'll sign the book with their IGN and drop it into a hopper or chest in front of the councilors office. It'll be collected and each one will be read thoroughly. Depending on the amount of participants, we can have up to 5 winners who's books will be donated to the library for check out. Of course, the rules would be simple. No NSFW, nothing pertaining to gore or anything that could hint towards harming another person, or anything that could possibly land them in jail. It would have to have at LEAST 30 pages. This event will bring awareness to the library, and might spark creativity in students who love to read and write but have no idea how to go about getting their books added to the library for others to enjoy.

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS
Character Name:

Eden Jaibatsume

Character Gender:
Female

Character Age:

Character phone-number:
030-886-1610

Brief summary of how they act/ your character’s personality:
Eden Jaibatsume is a small child, normally shy until a situation presented itself where she is forced to open up and take charge. She had a seemingly innocent nature, one that would fool anyone if they didn't know her well enough. She followed the rules, and was constantly up to date on any changes made thanks to her older sister, Mee. She was obedient to a fault and took careful consideration with every action and comment she made towards others. She could speak using JSL, and tended to use that when she felt she needed to. She typically found herself hanging around others and being a social butterfly, careful to keep tabs on everyone and constantly micro-managing everything that went on around her. She pulls her own weight and will take charge, giving off the impression of a leader. Eden tries to befriend as many people as she can, refusing to be biased if she catches any of them breaking a rule.

Character appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):
Eden was a small Japanese-Korean female standing at the height of 4'9. Her crimson-pink hair was pulled back in a messy ponytail that hung from the side of her head. She had cat-like features, with a lean body and almond-shaped eyes that were framed by dark long lashes. She could be found normally wearing her white and orange attire, wearing a feathery hat. She had a small scar on her left temple. Her dainty features, paired with her generally shy attitude, gave the impression that she wasn't any different than your average 17 year old.
1648065351521.png
What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
Something that I believe sets me apart from other applicants seeking this position is my overall fascination with being a part of the council team. My older sister is the president, and so is one of my closest friends. I feel that as a member of the council I can make a difference with my go-get-them attitude and quick problem-solving skills. I think that, given the chance, I'll prove to be a worth-while and active member with the others. I am almost constantly coming up with ideas for events, which is something I think is important for keeping the students happy- aside from making sure fights aren't breaking out everywhere of course!

Why do you want this position?:
I want this position so I can help out students who need it, issuing detentions and enforcing rules where needed. As a councilor, as I said, I know I can make a difference and I believe in my ability to communicate with others and get ideas across. We only seemingly have 3 or 4 active members of the council, and I know I'd be able to help them where needed. This position on the team holds meaning to me, and knowing I can fulfil my duty to the team is more than enough for me to want to apply.

What interests you the most about student council?:
The overall interests I have for the student council is how they're the middle ground for students. They're there to give you an ear to listen to while also being there to reprimand students. They're not faculty members and can better relate to the other students in the school which makes them a bit more trustworthy when you have questions or concerns that you aren't too sure with asking other faculty members. I want to be able to enforce the rules of the school and still be able to have fun while doing so, knowing that I can finally stop fights without needing to call my big sister for help, or trying to find a teacher for it. I want to be taken seriously.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
Contributing my time and effort to make the school a safe and fun environment is my number one priority. I want to come up with event ideas and put them into action! I can set up times and dates for hang outs, I know that I can stop fights and send others to detention as needed, keep an eye on others who may need help, and I want to be the big sister for others to depend on when things are lead astray. I am here to help and be an active member who focuses on planning events and bouncing ideas off of students and other council members. I can minimize the amount of students who harass and bully other students, patrolling alone or with another councilor along the halls and outdoors to ensure everyone isn't breaking any rules.​

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Accepted!

- Welcome, again, to the team! Contact: cen#5204 on discord for more information​

Users who are viewing this thread