The unholy suggestion that has been made at least 1000 times

Sirguiad

Level 10
Sirguiad
Sirguiad
Notable
IGN: Sirguiad
DATE: 04/09/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Whitelist gangrp, Yeah. Again.

The perfect world: GangRP as a faction.

It is commonly known that the GangRP community is one of extreme toxicity, bypassers, avoidrpers, you name it. This has been said at least a thousand times by now, but our server needs a BIG change if it wants to be great again. Making GangRP a faction would decrease the toxicity greatly, as you would need to go through the hassle of applying, actually putting dedication into explaining why your character is a criminal - development! which most of the toxic gangrpers do not have. No one wants to see 18-year-olds fighting and murdering people, it is utterly ridiculous - Everyone with the [CRIMINAL] tag should be 25+, a teenager wouldn't be able to fight a grown man anyway. Criminal tags should be fearRP'D by normal civilians if identified ICly as one.

This will also make so members who apply will have more understanding of what they're getting in, possibly leading to less of a hassle while losing their characters.

A viable argument would be saying that this encourages Throwaway characters, and although I agree, they already exist, a lot of them. If you look closely, some people on the server EXCLUSIVELY gangrp, nothing else, their characters have no development, no personality, no nothing, only an empty vessel made to kill. The application would require you to write lore for your character to avoid that, but there's no accurate way of pointing out a throwaway.

A complete revamp on the gangs system.

Since it's a faction now, [CRIMINAL] tags will only be able to gang up on people if they join a gang - every gang is "verified now." All gangs must go through an application to form and be part of the faction, all gangs are "verified", but verification isn't as important as it is nowadays (Similar to the current unverified gangs on adverts).

Permissions have been an issue, the difficulty in getting them has always been a problem - The current permissions are made to protect the normal civilians that don't want to gangrp from getting randomly murderboned, but breaks coherency when it comes to gang members: Does a twisted, bloodthirsty gang member really needs to only attack another gang member in retaliation? In real life, rival gang members HATE each other, there shouldn't be that much need for a reason. In reality, I believe you should get KPS on every person in the [CRIMINAL] faction, part of a rival gang IF you ICLY recognized them as a member of this rival gang.

Gangs with more members, power, and popularity will have more benefits (similar to verified gangs nowadays).

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

With the change of Crime lead, I don't see a better timing to experiment with something new - Let's be honest, it is no surprise to anyone that gangrp is dying. This would possibly make gangrp less toxic and more enjoyable for everyone.

Honestly, i don't have any hopes for this to be accepted, but i believe some ideas from here could be used, maybe adapted.

Lizalopod

Level 130
Hard -1 from me. Gangrp shouldn't be whitelisted, it should just be made less about perms and rules and more about roleplay. Whitelisting it would just kill it. This kind of suggestion has been denied a million times, it's not going to be accepted because this will simply never work.

Sirguiad

Level 10
Sirguiad
Sirguiad
Notable
Hard -1 from me. Gangrp shouldn't be whitelisted, it should just be made less about perms and rules and more about roleplay. Whitelisting it would just kill it. This kind of suggestion has been denied a million times, it's not going to be accepted because this will simply never work.
The problem with GangRP is that the community just cannot use common sense, most of them don't even like to ROLEPLAY (I have honestly no clue why these people are on a roleplay server), so depending on "less about perms and rules" will simply never work; Our community doesn't work without strict rules and guidelines imposed upon them, and anyone who's gangrp'd for only a couple hours before knows this.

Talking about gangrp is somethign that takes experience on the matter, and most staff barely ever gangrp, this is one a huge issue, they will never be able to correclty tackle this problem.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

I say we just make the blacklist more common. It should be easier to blacklist a gangrper, also with an actual criminal tag, that'd stop people in factions (that allow gangrp) from doing any gang stuff.

Sirguiad

Level 10
Sirguiad
Sirguiad
Notable

I say we just make the blacklist more common. It should be easier to blacklist a gangrper, also with an actual criminal tag, that'd stop people in factions (that allow gangrp) from doing any gang stuff.
The blacklist does nothing despite the immense amount of toxicity, if it worked, yeah, could be something, but it isn't the any issue, gangrp is just not fun atm nor does it make sense. CombatRP should still be allowed for everyone, minors and maybe even majors, but GANGRP itself would be a faction - You can't gangrp in KPD, EMS, Shrine, basically just shopkeeper and a FEW teams.

Lizalopod

Level 130
The blacklist does nothing despite the immense amount of toxicity, if it worked, yeah, could be something, but it isn't the any issue, gangrp is just not fun atm nor does it make sense. CombatRP should still be allowed for everyone, minors and maybe even majors, but GANGRP itself would be a faction - You can't gangrp in KPD, EMS, Shrine, basically just shopkeeper and a FEW teams.
Realistically the suggestion will simply be denied lol. A fix for gangrp has to be found without restricting access to it, that's just how it is. Heavier blacklisting could discourage people from failrping and get the people who don't roleplay at all removed however.

pashy

Level 183
I don't mean no disrespect or offense towards you Sirguiad, but this suggestion is completely ill-considered and foolish

Sirguiad

Level 10
Sirguiad
Sirguiad
Notable
Realistically the suggestion will simply be denied lol. A fix for gangrp has to be found without restricting access to it, that's just how it is. Heavier blacklisting could discourage people from failrping and get the people who don't roleplay at all removed however.
I don't think this will ever be accepted, I don't think it has ANY chance of happening, but I do think it is the way to go, and I have talked to a lot of experienced gangprpers about it, I myself have over 700 hours of gangrp.

Hamburger

Level 187
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
This has been suggested too many times, even from me last month. But, whitelisting GangRP may cause many players to leave the server, and it will give other players a harder time if it is whitelisted. We need GangRP in this server, especially not whitelisted.
Sorry bud, hard -1 here from me.

And yes, this is a new response from me because... I have no clue

Users who are viewing this thread