Level 10
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

Weaqonised

What is your discord username?
creful

Describe your activity on the server:
In terms of scale, I'd describe my activity on the SchoolRP server as a solid 7. I tend to be on the server mostly nights for 2-5 hours. I currently attend work, so my schedule may vary depending on my work rota, however it doesn’t affect my time on the server, as I balance the two. Although with the acknowledgement that Hospital Staff is a big role, I will dedicate more of my time to the server, doing the best of what I can.

What is your timezone?:
GMT

List your current and past applications:

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
Roleplaying is a fun experience for me, which is why I’ve been a long-term player of SchoolRP. Due to the server's big player base and events, there have been a number of opportunities for me to attend, learn and attempt new roleplay styles such as Lawyer, News Reporter, Crime and a number of student roles. Each role has taught me something different, whether that be knowledge of experience, it is something I thoroughly enjoy in my spare time. Being a long-term player has allowed me to see all the different changes to the server and the player base over time, which I say gives me an advantage in terms of experienced roleplay.

What is your motivation for applying?
In simple terms, I wish to expand my variety of roleplay styles and have yet to indulge in Hospital Staff roles and situations. I have previously been in two factions (Lawyer, News-reporter). My current roleplay experience seems somewhat repetitive which makes this the perfect opportunity to experience something new entirely. Hospital Roles have intrigued me by the immense amount of detail that goes into their actions, procedures etc which doesn’t reside on school grounds.. Not only will this act as a challenge to my existing roleplay style, but also my knowledge in general.

Which role are you applying for?
(Doctor or Psychiatrist):

Doctor

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
In a general sense, I am somewhat unfamiliar with the newer version of the Hospital itself ICly, however I do have familiarity with the roleplay situations, procedures on a brief note. I wouldn’t call myself well-knowledged on Health Care, however that is all a part of the learning process which I hope this role provides for me. Throughout writing the application
itself, I have definitely taken some more time to read upon the necessary knowledge. I am very willing to learn.

Doctor - Somebody who is medically trained and responsible for diagnosing, treating and caring for patients. They provide essential medical care, prescribe medication, perform surgeries, and offer preventative measures to help people maintain a healthy life. They also conduct research, educate their patients and the public whilst collaboratively working with other healthcare professionals. Doctors may attend conferences, engage in medical education programs, and read scientific literature. Some examples of what a doctor may do is patient check-ups, blood work, tending to broken bones etc.

Psychiatrists - A medical doctor who has knowledge in the field of psychiatry, focusing on diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mental, emotional and behavioral disorders. Psychiatrists differ from psychologists, psychologists have a PhD, typically in clinical psychology and involve talking/behavioral therapy and cannot prescribe medication whereas psychiatrists tend to complex mental health conditions which may require medical treatments or medication. Psychiatrists provide a safe environment for their patients to ensure they’re able to receive comfortable treatment, ensuring they aren’t a danger to themselves or society.

Paramedics - Paramedics are first hand responders. They usually respond to emergencies via ambulance and provide medical care to patients both at the scene and on the way to a nearby hospital or medical facility. Paramedics may treat all different kinds of patients such as difficulty breathing, car accidents, life threatening situations, critically ill patients may tend to helicopters. Paramedics have the duty to respond to emergency calls, evacuating patients, providing first aid, life support, communicating with doctors, keeping comprehensive notes on patients conditions etc.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
I am completely aware that I can be demoted from my role at any time.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Yes, I am ready to 100% dedicate my time and efforts to the Hospital staff role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
I completely acknowledge this as training is a requirement of the Hospital staff role and is expected of me, especially as a new resident.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes. I acknowledge this regularly and keep it in mind. I am aware that it is inappropriate and a violation of the server rules to take IC (In character) situations into OOC (or vice versa). Training and situations are In Character unless said otherwise by a member of staff.

In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS
Character’s Full Name:

(莲花) Liánhuā Liang

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Biological sex = female (she/her)

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

Biochemistry - pH. D
Doctor of Medicine - MD

Character’s Nationality:
Chinese (Will be applied for soon)

Character’s Marital Status:
Single
Character’s Religious Denomination:
Jewish

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Chinese, Japanese.

Backstory (100+ Words)

(莲花) Liánhuā Liang is of a Chinese descent raised in Judaism due to her mother converting upon remarriage after her fathers passing. Though she is Jewish, she claims not to be religious. Her biological father died in a car accident when she was seven; she watched her father bleed out before the paramedics had arrived, attempting to close his chest with her own two hands in an attempt to stop the bleeding. She felt her fathers very last heartbeat in her own hands. Instead of this tragedy destroying her, it became an event she could use to orient her life goals, pursuing the career of a doctor with cardiothoracic interest.

Upon her mothers remarriage to her step father, she was still inspired by his career as an oral surgeon and was brought up in an upscale, posh environment and had a very privileged upbringing. Liánhuā is a graduate of Hangzhou International School. She earned her Ph.D. in Biochemistry from the Tsinghua University, and she earned her M.D. from Tianjin Medical University, where she graduated first of her class. Despite this factor, when Lia’ had moved out into her own apartment, it was evident that she was extremely disorganized. She has a tendency to keep piles of clothes and personal belongings strewn all over the floor and furniture, her reasoning simply being too devoted to her work.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY

What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

Cardiology - The study of the heart / cardiovascular system.

Whilst Liánhuā has been surrounded by other surgeons and doctors upon her mothers remarriage, it was not what inspired her career path. This was her chosen focus due to some past life events involving her biological fathers death within a car accident, which orient her goal to pursue cardiology (REFER TO CHARACTER BACKSTORY, SECTION 1). Due to her high-class upbringing, she was able to attend private medical schools which allowed her to have a lot of resources to help pursue her interests.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
She attended a cardiology residency for three years after Medical school at the Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hospital.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
Liánhuā mostly shadowed her mentor and had practiced a few basic procedures herself, with her mentor watching closely to ensure there were no major mistakes. Although she had been shadowed out of procedure, she rarely needed anyone else's input.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
No, She found herself to be satisfied after her time at both Hangzhou International School and Tianjin Medical University, as she felt like she had a good enough grasp on her skills and knowledge when it came to procedures, and didn’t see a need to go back to education.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Liánhuā had stemmed into a beautiful woman, she had olive-toned skin with progressive signs of maturity such as crows feet, with a handful of freckles and moles which dotted her body. With her rounded-square face shape, she had monolids, which adorned a simple cat-style eyeliner just a-top of the lid whenever she felt enthusiastic She stood tall at five foot nine, her build resembling a recurring theme set within Karakura beauty standards, slim figured- though she appears frail, she has enough muscle to aid her work, and her hair remained rather unkempt due to her lack of organization.. Lia’ usually kept her hair in an awkwardly styled low bun due her inability to style and care for her hair, which when let down fell down to her collarbones with large, bouncy curls which often got in her way. In terms of body language and expression, she tends to hold a stiff posture with an uninterested, dull glare.

Although in her appearance, Liánhuā does not particularly stand out, especially as she can be viewed as closed off. Off first glance, she seems like your average civilian walking about however she used to have a thrill for motorbikes in her teenage years however her time in residency caused her to be somewhat distrusting of the machines she had once loved, and now refers to them as ‘Donorcycles’ due to the large number of people who tend to get injured whilst riding them.

How does your character act on and off duty?
This is a question which may come as a curiosity to all, and if you were to use a single word to describe (莲花) Liánhuā, It would be ‘shark’. Regardless of on and off duty, she is direct and unafraid to say what’s on her mind; although you’d expect this to be dialed down in a place of work; you’d be wrong. To an extent, there is a lack of fear to sacrifice someone’s opinion of her in order to take what she wants in order to better herself.

Each to their own, there are flaws to her that would be considered buried deep; she is cracked, broken and scared, like the majority of the residents in Karakura… When on the brink of loss of control, emotional damage, there also comes a deep, strong drive for success, at any cost which can be a double edged sword; even to those close to her. Liánhuā is a unique mixture of visionary and realism with a sharp mind, falling into the INTJ personality type.

Typically, she avoids accepting the status quo and long-held traditions and opts for her own logic and judgements. You’ll likely receive a cold shoulder before a smile, there is no facade to be upheld. Expressionless and dull with a lack of small talk unless necessary to her work, acting like some sort of vulture in order to steal important cases. It is a rare sight that you’ll find her not buried within her work, reviewing notes and such more but instead likely to be working over-time.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
(莲花) Liánhuā is likely to function and perform preferably on her own and most definitely does not thrive in the presence of others; unless it is to show her medical skills. She does not prioritize her friends nor family over her work, although her work is demanding, this does not affect the ranking of priorities. In group settings, Liánhuā tends to speak over those she views as inferior in her career field and make passive aggressive comments here and there; insisting she is in the right. The outcomes of the negative social consequences have never seemed to affect her, friendships seem to be miniscule.

Although she prefers to work on her own, this doesn't take away from her ability to comply and efficiently work with others. Often, she may offer her opinion and input with those she works with but will remain silent through-out most of the procedures.

What plans does your character have for the future?
At this current point in time, Liánhuā plans to continue her work in Cardiology in the Healthcare industry.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
In simple terms, she is likely viewed as selfish, competitive and overly ambitious to those she isn’t comfortable with. In certain aspects, Liánhuā’s personality which makes her remarkable at what she does, also contributes to making her a difficult colleague to work with in a realistic fun-loving environment. The lack of empathy and pursuit of excelessence is what makes her the doctor she is, however the same lack of compassion and constant demand for perfection, coupled with a lack of consideration for others; creates a toxic environment. She tends to insult those she perceived as weaker than her, creating nicknames which to her acts as a point of humor. Liánhuā seems to be uncaring of the opinion of others unless they are of a higher-power than her, which isn’t always helpful within the work environment. In her own eyes, she believes she is a loyal person who understands when to take care of herself, mentally and emotionally alongside her career path. She does not view this as selfish or cruel but admirable instead. Those Liánhuān loves and admires will remain with a long-lasting bond with her.​

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 228
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reasons:

- A decisive factor that influences our decision is server reputation. We tend to pick players who have been on the server for a while and have a relatively clean history. One way to improve your reputation, and boost your chances of acceptance, is by applying to other factions/community teams.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord, and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread