Accepted Tutor application for Casualri

Fancyri

Level 10

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: Casualri

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): milisentia#9881

How old are you? (Optional): N/A

What is your time zone?: GMT+9

Describe your activity on the server: On the server, I'm online mostly on my two other accounts, Fancyri and M1lfri, which is why I'm applying for this account - to give it more purpose. I'm usually online 3-7 hours a day at random times, depending on how busy I am and if I have motivation to get online, though considering an easy study plan, I am playing more daily lately and will play a fair amount on this account if it gets accepted as well. I believe my total activity according to minecraft statistics is somewhere around 50 days.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?): Yes, one ban for ERP (Lesson learned) and one for staff disrespect back in 2020, though I cut the people who made me say awful things off after the ban and I'm not planning to reach out to them ever again.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, I acknowledge it and agree to stay active. I can guarantee I will get the required amount of monthly hours and most likely work overtime and accept to take responsibility for complying with any server and role related rules.

School Employee Role you are applying for?: I'm applying for the school tutor role.

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for: School tutor is very similar to what a private teacher would be, just not focused on one subject. When students need help with something related to the school subjects and can't find the answer through, for example, google, or need an opinion from a person, they can always come to a tutor for help. A tutor will then have the job of understanding what exactly a student needs help with, what is their learning style and how to help them the most effectively, providing advice, maybe few exercises and explaining the material more clearly.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: My first personal roleplay experience was in May, 2020, when I joined SRP, attracted by few roleplay videos and wanting to try it myself. A lot has happened since then, and I'm certain I developed well in roleplay. In the past year of playing SRP, I've learnt a lot and can now detailrp and seriousrp, as well as I'm familiar with the server rules. I have experience in education as well, since I've been a professor twice and enjoyed it a lot, I believe it went quite well too.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Languages

French language | https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-language-application-for-eri-potente.24604/ | Accepted
Chinese language | https://schoolrp.net/threads/chinese-language-application-for-eri-potente.24605/ | Accepted
Korean Language | https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-language-application.26230/ | Accepted
Vietnamese Language | https://schoolrp.net/threads/vietnamese-language-application-for-conscepcion-clark.27337/ | Denied
Vietnamese Language #2 | https://schoolrp.net/threads/vietnamese-language-application-for-conscepcion-clark-v2.27354/ | Accepted
Spanish Language
(Wrong application name, it's really spanish) | https://schoolrp.net/threads/filipino-language-application.39399/ | Accepted
Spanish Language #2 |
https://schoolrp.net/threads/spanish-language-application-for-amata.30759/ | Accepted
Filipino Language |
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ericas-filipino-application.33937/ | Accepted

Roles

College Application | https://schoolrp.net/threads/college-application-for-eri-potente-luck.27130/ | Accepted
Professor Application | https://schoolrp.net/threads/college-professor-application-for-felicia-ashina.31353/ | Accepted
Professor Application #2 |
https://schoolrp.net/threads/college-professor-application-for-felicia-ashina-nr-2.34488/ | Accepted

Authorization

DID application | https://schoolrp.net/threads/dissociative-identity-disorder-application-for-eri-potente.24363/ | Denied
DID application #2 | https://schoolrp.net/threads/dissociative-identity-disorder-application-for-eri-potente-nr-2.24457/ | Accepted
Height application |
https://schoolrp.net/threads/height-application.40334/ | Accepted

Appeals

https://schoolrp.net/threads/ban-appeal-for-casualri.32770/ | Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ban-appeal.40071/ | Denied

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Grade 12 on the account I'm applying with.

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?: Renee would ask the student to refrain from using such foul language, also inquiring on the reason for cursing. If the student keeps doing it, she would ask them to stop again, this time more strictly. If they keep cursing after a second warning, then the female would inform them that if they keep up the behavior, they will end up in detention. If even then they keep doing it, the student would get sent to detention, where they would have a serious talk with Renee and possibly one of schools higherups.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?: Renee would ask them to stop, instantly rushing towards them and getting in between to prevent the fight from going on. Then she would inquire on the reason for the fight and tell both students to meet her in detention to talk about the fight and how it could've been prevented, not forgetting to bring both students to the nurse to check for any injuries and if they need treatment. If reason for the fight is purely anger, the tutor would talk with the angry student after detention privately, helping him solve his issue and understand that what he is doing is wrong.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?: The tutor would first ask the employee to have a talk with her in private to not cause any rumors around the students in case any of them see it. Renee would then calmly ask them if they are aware what they are doing is wrong, not showing she's despising such acts to give them a sense of security. If they have no clear reasoning, Renee would tell the employee to stop immediately and not repeat the action, or they will get reported to the higher-ups. The tutor would not hesitate to report the employee if they keep up with the act, not feeling guilt, since rules were of upmost importance to Renee.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?: In the break room, Renee would usually sit down with a cup of tea, either reading a crime novel or looking at weather reports, planning her next board swimming session. The female would always answer though and seem rather social, quick to pick a talk and speaking confidently with other employees, though seem to prefer staying in herself out of habit.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
nods attentively, listening to them as she wrote few things, taking notes, though mostly keeping her eyes on the student, smiling at them encouragingly
/me takes out a file folder, finding the bunch of papers marked with the students last name, she would hand it to them, saying "I picked out few exercises with trigonometry, try to finish them until the bell rings, okay? If you have any questions, feel free to ask me."
/me squints her eyes at the given answer sheet, keeping her gaze at the paper and almost seeming like she's ignoring the student in front of her, checking the work and putting few positive red checkmarks and one X. She would then return the work to the student, smiling. "Hey, you almost got it. Four out of five. You see, you made a mistake with this date. The emperor Hirohito has died in 1989, not 1990. Keep that in mind next time, alright?"

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only): Renee Kapule
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Preferred Name: Renee

Age (Minimum is 25): 37
Religious Denomination: Christianity
Marital Status: Single

Academic Degree: Masters
Year of Graduation: 2002 (HS), 2008 (University)
Major(s): East Asian country cultures and languages
Minors: Education

Nationality: Hawaiian
Current Location: Japan, Karakura
Native Languages: Hawaiian
Other Languages: Japanese, English,Spanish

Backstory

\Part 1. Childhood.

Renee Kapule was born in 1984, Hawaii, an island named Maui. She has lived there most her life and it was rather calm, the young girl being treated nicely by her poor but caring parents. Her mother would rarely be home, working as a forensic investigator, so Renee would spend most of her time with her father, who was a lifeguard and had passion for board swimming. which is quite different from surfing - the boards and methods of swimming differ, as on a swimming board, you have to lay down. Part of his passion would get transferred to Renee, spending a lot of her time with her father by the beach, she fell in love with board swimming and water, it being her sanctuary. It would be also notable that she was taller than other kids in her age, having inherited a gigantism disorder from her father, though she would not get too concerned with it, being merely a child.

Part 2. School and High-School.

In 1991, Renee enrolled in Kahului elementary school, and although she was not known for her rather mediocre learning skills rather than for her ability to lead and tutor other children who needed help with the subjects. Being much taller than other children, reaching 5'2 at the age of 7, she unwillingly took the 'mother' figure in the class, offering support and help with understanding school subjects. However, she never forgot the passion for board swimming and spent a lot of her time in the beach, with her father or alone, throughout the years, which led to her being respected and liked though having no real friends. Over middle-school and high-school, she has shown skills for leading and teaching others same as in elementary school, now the trait more visible than before. She also seemed to have proficiency for languages and other humanitarian sciences, such as history and geography. Renee also learnt spanish in school along with english and hawaiian, which she can speak fluently throughout rest of her life. Rest of her school years were rather uneventful, working out a lot, getting a bit over average marks and staying active. By the time she graduated, Renee was already almost 7 feet tall.

Part 3. University.

In 2002, Renee Kapule had to make a choice - picking a place to study in the future, locking in her profession. Although considering taking board swimming professionally, she dropped the idea of sports as she saw board swimming as a way to relax, think about things, feel secure, but not something she'd want to take to a profession from a hobby. One day, having difficulty making a choice, she'd have a very deep conversation with her father about her future, and the next day, she applied for a course studying east asian country culture and languages in the Tsukuba university in Japan, included with a room in its dorms and scholarship, which is how the woman found her way to Japan. There, she would learn japanese from scratch and study for a total of six years, four for Bachelors and two more for Masters degree, getting a teaching qualification alongside it. Renee would never drop her habit of board swimming though, doing it in a local swimming pool, keeping up her slightly muscular figure. At the time of studying, she'd reach her peak height, which would be 7'1. The course being rather simple and easy to her, Renee would pass with honors, known to be rather laid back throughout the whole 6 years and surprising many mutual students.

Part 4. After studies

The year being 2008, Renee didn't waste any time and employed in a school in town of Tsukuba, working as a japanese language teacher for a total of 13 years. She would quickly get known for her exceptional teaching skills, the unusual nature of the teacher being taller than most yet rather laid back and relaxed and thus gaining respect of both the school staff and most students. It would be the golden years of Renee as she built a social life around herself, even finding a boyfriend. The female seemed to blossom, looking her best and feeling her best, calmly spending the 7 years doing what she usually does - teaching, board swimming, spending time with her boyfriend, going out with her friends and keeping contact with her parents using mail. It seemed as if nothing could go wrong, but of course, every good thing has to end, and so did her boyfriends life as he got hit by a group of kids driving a quad bike. The bike having high speed, the male didn't survive the hit, dying almost instantly after impact. The event deeply shook Renee, who thought of herself as invincible in a way at this point and didn't expect tragedy to strike so suddenly. She became a 'hermit crab', cutting most her friendships and staying in herself. People would start talking about it and asking if she is fine which troubled the woman, attention being least thing Renee wanted, and she decided to move out somewhere less crowded. Fresh new start, you could say. Thus the teacher started looking for a new job, maybe something less attention catching but still well earning. Surprisingly, one of her past professors would 'give her a hand', mentioning to Renee there is a tutor spot open in one town named Karakura. It wouldn't take long at all to decide that it's the type of job she wanted - still doing what she loves, yet also staying out of too much sight, as a teacher would. She put all her eggs in one basket and moved to Karakura, instantly applying for the job and quickly buying an apartment from one resident, with high hopes and determination to build a new dream life there.

Motivation for Joining KHS: During the 13 years of working as a teacher, I loved the job. Teaching children and seeing them grow up is one of the greatest feelings to me, especially observing the students that look and feel 'hopeless' pass the end year exams with rather decent marks and seeing the joy in their faces. Unfortunately though, due to my lovers death, I was having difficulty staying as one of the faces of the school - a teacher, while having to deal with personal tragedy at the same time. For that reason, I was looking for a job that wouldn't put me in as much spotlight but still allow me to give every student an opportunity to fix their gaps in education, and being a tutor seems like a perfect fit.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate:
In character: Yes, I have worked for 13 years as a japanese language teacher in a school.
Out of character: I have been a professor in SRP twice.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?: Personally, I believe everyone deserves a fair chance, though I think I should get accepted over other people because I have experience with education in SRP as a professor and having to teach a class few times OOCly as a project, I'm well familiar with the responsibilities and hardships that come with being a teaching figure to students. I would also make sure to be easily accessible, easy to talk with and be helpful to both people knowing how to play well and people who are new to roleplay.

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
N/A
Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited by a moderator:

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Tutor at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing School Employee applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Users who are viewing this thread