._.twilight._.

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes

What is your time zone?:
GMT

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I do acknowledge this.

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity right now is about an 8/10, as I am already in a faction [EMS]. This faction has been taking up most of my time recently. During the week, I’m usually on anywhere between 2 and 8 hours, while on the weekend, it can span from 5 to 14 hours at one time. When I’m not on my EMS character, I’m usually running around on my adult and talking to people when I have the chance. However, most of my interactions do come from EMS and the patients I treat, so over all, I’m mostly just busy with EMS work.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server:
[Denied] Counselor Application | SP4RK5 | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
[Accepted] Doctor Application | SP4RK5 | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
[Accepted] Gaelic Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
[Denied] Gaelic Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
[Accepted] Third Language Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
[Accepted] Professor Application | SP4RK5 | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
[Accepted] Finnish Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
[Accepted] French Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server

What are your current roles on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Currently I have an EMS character [Victor Tempest],
An adult character [Yeong-Su Seong],
As well as a few grade 12 characters.​

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

Performing Arts

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
As stated before, I have been a professor. Though I quit due to some IRL stress, I have found myself missing the type of roleplay situations faculty allowed me to be apart of, so I’ve decided that I once again want to try my hand at being part of this faction. During my time as a professor, I managed to make my way up to being a QP, and I know that the system may have changed since I last left, as well as joining a totally new part of the faculty faction, but I have a handle on the few basics that come with the title of being faculty.

Also stated earlier, I’m part of EMS, meaning during the school hours I’m usually sitting around and waiting for the school day to either finish or for someone who isn’t a student to come in, which can be quite boring. So I wanted to apply for a job as a teacher to have something to fill that time instead of just sitting somewhere in the hospital waiting for the day to end.

Another reason I would like to apply for a position as a teacher is that I want to experience a different type of roleplay—well, not different per say, as I have already been part of the faculty—but I simply want to experience it once more as well as see how professor and teacher differ in their teaching styles and interactions with students.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT?
I do understand that, and know I have to work to get a promotion to higher teacher level.

If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes I understand that.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
They are important because it helps the teachers who have hosted to keep track of how many classes they have done as well as make it easier to keep track of quota and the amount of students attending.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
There are few rules that I do know but it is solely based of my time as a professor.​
1. No yelling - Not needed and can be quite annoying if done over and over again, can also be seen as rude and obnoxious.
2. No phones - Helps make sure the students are actually paying attention to the lessons instead of texting people or playing games.
3. Respect the teacher as well as other classmates - Helps make the class period flow smoother as there are less distractions and interruptions if everyone simply respects each other.
4. No swearing - The reason swearing is not allowed inside of the classroom [or anywhere inside of the schools gates] is because its seen as vulgar and disrespectful to the person it was said to.​

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
My roleplay experience started a few years ago, spanning from Minecraft roleplay servers to small roleplay with friends over Discord and other sites. I have been roleplaying for well over 9 years now, with an understanding of how to approach different roleplay situations and characters.

SRP was my first big roleplay, and I feel like I have learned a lot during my time on the server, from how certain people interact to how you never know what type of situation you are getting yourself into. I have applied for factions before, as previously stated, and most of them have really helped to boost my confidence in certain aspects that I once wasn’t comfortable with, so I feel like my roleplay experience has been boosted by the fact that I was given the chance to be apart of this faction.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: Meaning that they are a lead of a certain department in the teacher roster.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: They are one below a the head of department, they have usually been part of the faction for a long time and know how to handle most if not all situations thrown at them.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: They have finished their time as an unqualified teacher and usually have a grasp on some of the situations that can happen while on school grounds.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: They have just been accepted into the teacher faction and are currently learning what happens while being part of faculty.​

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

My knowledge on teachers is solely based off when I was professor as well as the few classes that I have attended.

In-Game: Teachers are mostly there to host classes for the students and resolve any sort of fight or drama that may occur during their time on school grounds. Not only do they do that, but they also make sure that the students stay safe on the school grounds and follow the rules as stated.

Out-of-Game: They are one of the main crutches of SRP, seeing as they are a main faction that many people rely on to keep going so people can enjoy SRP to the fullest of its extent. They plan classes as well as field trips for their students so everyone can have a unique and interesting time when they join the teacher's class.

My knowledge on salary may be off but I think its:
Minimum Paycheck 10 classes 350k - UT and NQT 400k - QT and HD
Maximum 25 classes 500k - UT and NQT 20 classes 500k - QT and HD

During their spare time I would say they probably plan classes as well interact with a few of their coworkers to keep up good relationships with they people they spend their time with during the school day.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are important part of the SchoolRP server because as stated in it’s title this is a school based server meaning that without teachers the server would not be able to run as it does as most of the people who join the server will have no classes to attend and might be put off the server seeing as it is lacking one of the main parts of what makes school’s run.

They are also important as they deal with most of the situations that happen on school grounds, which can range from hosting classes to breaking up fights! Without them there would a lot more conflict with in the school seeing as there would be less people to break up any fights or resolve misunderstandings

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MoSCoW:
Must have
Could have
Should have
Would have.​

Character Information

Describe the character: How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?

Corbin Eros has curly brown hair that comes down just past his shoulderblades. He does his best to keep it tamed, but no matter how many times he tries to tie it up, the hair tie usually ends up snapping and pinging off somewhere, so he usually ends up leaving it down. He stands at a modest 5’7 with a slight hunch to his shoulders that knocks him down a few inches, but he doesn't mind. He has a scar spanning up his left leg from a recent accident that occasionally causes problems, but he does his best to ignore it. He has dark blue eyes that are usually tilted into a judgement glare; his eyebrows are usually furrowed; and a deep frown sets on his lips. He also has a few scars dotted on his skin from healed piercings that he no longer puts in.

While at work, Corbin keeps a serious air around him, making sure he does his best to be professional and without biases so he can best help in situations where multiple people are screaming their side of the story. He keeps most interactions with his colleagues during the work day, as he seems to want to keep his personal life and work life separate so he can go home and indulge in his hobbies without having to worry about people bugging him.

When he is out of work, he usually goes straight to his apartment either to mark a few pieces of work he didn’t get the chance to or to simply relax and enjoy a few of his hobbies, which include reading as well as practising old choreography from a few of the more dance-heavy plays he was in. He finds going over the moves to be relaxing as well as helping him blow off any steam he might have accumulated while at work.

What is their outlook on students and their co-workers?
Corbin Eros has a mostly judgemental outlook on his students and co-workers usually keeping most of his opinions to himself and keeping a somewhat professional air around him at all times. He is most likely to judge certain things students do unless its them genuinely being confused or needing help.

As for his Co-workers he will be civil after all you he doesn’t want to fall out with someone and create a toxic work environment, but as stated earlier he will still judge them if they do something unprofessional.

What are their plans for the future?
Corbin’s plans for the future are mostly to continue teaching. He finds a certain joy in being able to share his knowledge with the people around him as well as help those who are struggling academically, so even if he has moments where he is struggling during work, he will still continue to teach and work towards bettering his skills and offering unique classes and opportunities to his class.​

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Corbin Eros would pause what he was doing, most likely thinking about lessons or talking to coworkers, before calming down and approaching the group. Once he was close enough, he’d tell them that swearing is not tolerated on school grounds, and he recommends that they stop before they either upset someone or get in trouble.
If they refused to follow what he said, he’d sigh, looking at the group and taking a mental note of who was there before once again warning them that swearing is still not allowed, and if they continued, they may face consequences.
Finally, if all else fails and they continue with their cursing, he will threaten them with detention as a final warning before actually handing them out to the group if they continue, hoping that it is enough to put them off and to actually start behaving correctly.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
He’d run a hand through his hair, looking at the class, stepping forward slightly to try and get at least a few people's attention. After that, he’d simply clear his throat, hoping it would draw most of the students out of their own personal conversations so they could get back on track with the lesson. If even after that a few people continued to talk among themselves, he’d call them by name and ask them to try and pay attention to the lesson and to keep the conversation for break or lunch.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Corbin would be sitting at one of the tables, either drinking a cup of coffee or marking a few pieces of work from his class. He’d nod towards his co-workers if they talked to him, but he’d mostly just enjoy his small break from teaching by himself without interruptions. However, if his co-workers continued to talk to him, he would engage in simple small talk and nothing more; after all, he didn’t want to come off as rude to someone he would most likely be working with for a while.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
would pull out a whiteboard pen and go towards the board, carefully writing down the words. ‘Improv’ before turning his attention back to the class, his eyes scanning the group of students before he began to talk. &f"Can anyone explain to me what Improv is?” &uWhile he waited for the students to come up with their answers, he’d shift his weight from one foot to another, humming as he heard the whispered chatter of the students working together to try and figure out what the best way to answer his question was.

/me sighed, hearing the phone once again. He’d place the pen down on his desk and turn away from the board, eyes scanning over the crowd as he tried to figure out exactly where the noise was coming from, but alas, that was nearly impossible due to how many students were currently in his class. He’d sigh once more, making a grab for his pen. &f"Remember, phones are not allowed to be on in my classroom.” &uHe'd pause, looking over the group one final time before turning back to the board. &f"Make sure they are on silent or turned off.”

/me tapped his foot as he watched his class get into small groups, letting the chatter wash over him as friends called for each other over the other people so they could be grouped together. After a few minutes, he’d clear his throat, hoping to gain the class's attention once more now that most of them had found at least a few people to be in a group with. &f"If you have yet to find a group, please come up to the front so I can place you with one.” &uHe'd step away from his desk and wait to see if any students approached the front so he could place them where he thought they would work best.

/me would watch the kids file in a few of them lagging behind as they tried to find an open seat. &f”Quickly now, hurry up and sit down so we can get on with today lesson.” &uHe’d move over to his desk and pick up a cup with a few pieces of paper in it. He’d show it to the class. &f”I need 5 people to volunteer to come and pick a piece of paper out of this cup.” &uHe’d shake the cup to hopefully get a few people interested seeing as he spent half the night try to remember who to spell the word officer.

Backstory
Corbin Eros was born in France. He had quite a large family, living with his mother and father as well as his four siblings, with him being right in the middle, making the child count up to 5. With so many kids running around, his mother and father struggled to divide their attention between each kid, mostly picking one or events to go to when they could, which never seemed to be Corbins, but that's fine; after all, it was just a play; he could always get a part in the next one, and his siblings deserved more attention, so he really didn't mind.

However, while he was getting older, the attention seemed to shift completely away from and towards his siblings, meaning the shows his parents did go to ended up disappearing, leaving him looking in the crowd for any one of his family members to be mostly disappointed. His grades slipped due to the lack of help he was getting outside of school as well as having to help take care of his younger siblings. After a few years of this going on and on, he snapped. He got into a massive fight with his parents and basically got kicked out, which was a weight off his shoulders seeing as he could focus on himself and not have to worry about his parents or his siblings any longer.

He hopped from house to house for a while, sleeping on couches and in hotels whenever he could afford it. He picked up a simple part-time job at a nearby store to help pay for his food as well as the place he would be staying for the night. Once his time at high school ended, he decided to move in with a few close friends he made while taking part in the drama club his school had set up, knowing he’d enjoy his time with them more than with his family, but he did keep in contact with a few of his older siblings, and they even ended up coming to a few of the shows he did in during his free time.

A few years later, he quit his part-time job in favour of going to college. His siblings helped pay for his courses as well as any resources he needed, and though he struggled at times, he managed to get through these few school years with an okay grade, landing just above verage, and being able to go for any job that really interested him, which he did.

He managed to find a placement as a student teacher a few months after he got out of college, helping teachers control their classes as well as learn what it takes to be a teacher. Though his progress got knocked back when one of his high school friends ended up in an accident, his world seemed to have shifted, and he struggled to find joy in what he once did while his friend was stuck in the hospital with the doctors unable to tell him if he was going to pull through or not. He was in this slump for about a year and a half until he finally managed to pull himself out of it with the help of his siblings as well as his other friends who were effected by the situation.

His friend did end up passing away shortly after, and he quickly got himself into therapy so he could work through his feelings without ending up back in the slump he was once in. He knew his friend would most likely yell at him for letting himself fall back down that spiral, so he got himself help. He stayed in therapy for about a year until he was confident enough that he wouldn’t fall back into where he once was, and he continued on with his job.

Finally, after all that, he became a teacher, hosting his own classes and connecting with the students the best he could so he could give them their best shot at doing well in his class, but it was short-lived. The school shut down after about 2 years of him teaching there due to a lack of funding, so he was back looking around for jobs, but even the ones he got, he felt like something was missing. He missed being able to share his knowledge and opinions with people who were genuinely interested, so he went back on the hunt for a teaching position.​

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Corbin Eros
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr
Given Name(s): Corbin.
Preferred Name: Mr. Eros, Corbin

Age (Minimum is 25): 29
Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: French
Current Location: Karakura

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

I worked in a high school back in France for about 6 years before it shut down. During my time there, I was a student teacher for the first 3 years, where I mostly learned how to deal with situations and how to lesson plan, as well as did a few mock classes with a senior member watching over my class. However, after a few years, a spot opened that I was given the chance to fill in, and I did. I ended up teaching drama to the higher years of the school and thoroughly enjoyed my time teaching my students how to do improv as well as how to read and write scripts.

After the school shut down, he started to look around for new open jobs, and he ended up getting one in a local theatre where he performed in a few one-off shows, but he found himself not enjoying it as much as he did when he was a teacher, so he left shortly after to instead continue to look for an open teaching spot, which he did not find. He ended up becoming a substitute for any lessons he could so he could have some semblance of the job he liked back, but after about 2 years of doing on and off work, he decided to once again start his search for a more stable position.

Academic Degree:
BFA
Master degree in teaching
PGCE
Year of Graduation: 2014
Major(s): Preforming arts
Minors: Dance
Native Languages: French (will apply)
Other Languages: N/A

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
I do not.​

Additional notes about your application:
Do you have any questions?:

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread