alts: pholiferz, enjeruharo

Discord Tag:
ashdoodle

Do you have a working microphone?:
Yes

Timezone & Country:
EST, United States of America

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):
Heads up, some of these are from different accounts, but they are all from me!

https://schoolrp.net/threads/savagegirl2020s-french-application.11481/

Describe your activity on the server:
I consider myself to be fairly active on the server. My schedule can be a bit wonky. I try to log on everyday, but school can interfere with that. I made a schedule of my availability below. Though, it is subject to change because of OOC factors. (School, job, etc..)
Monday​
Tuesday​
Wednesday​
Thursday​
Friday​
Saturday​
Sunday​
6:30PM
-
10:00PM​
-
10:00PM​

-
10:00PM

-

4:30PM
-

12:00PM
-
11:00PM
(WORK)​

12:00PM
-
(WORK)

APPLICATION INFORMATION

What position are you applying for?:
Lawyer

What is your motivation for applying?:
A major part of my motivation is my position on my high school’s Mock Trial team OOCLY. I have always had an interest in law and justice. Since being on the team, I have learned the ways of a courtroom, how to prepare opening and closing statements, and question witnesses on the stand. I would love to bring the skills I have learned into the faction. Also, I am trying to practice my skills elsewhere besides the real life courtrooms. The only time I can practice is during a competition, which really doesn’t benefit me much.
Secondly, I need a new perspective of the server. I have been in the EMS faction for three years. I have not applied for another faction since joining back in September of 2020. I have been on both high school and college cheer teams for about a year total. Even though the server is mostly based on the school aspect, I have not had much interest in StudentRP. I love being in EMS, but I need another focus. The government faction has piqued my interest.
Overall, I just want to meet new people, see a new side of the roleplay world, and keep my interest in law flowing like a river.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
Yes. I will frequently review them as well.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
OOC Goals
Let us start off with my OOC goals! As previously mentioned, I am a member of my school’s Mock Trial team. I know the basics of how trials and court rooms work. In competitions, I am always portraying a witness in the cases. I want to experience being a lawyer, even if it is on the server.
Despite this not being a position that is entirely reflective of real life, I would like to experience this from the perspective of lawyer work. This experience would help me work to reach a goal I have for my future! I plan to study law and history in college. With this kind of experience, I will have the basic ideas of examining and questioning witnesses as well as delivering opening and closing statements.

IC Goals
Let me start with a fun fact.. I have not created a new character and properly developed them since I created Callista Mavros two years ago. I wanted to create a character who can be developed and not be in the medical world of SchoolRP.. Honestly, it can get very boring sometimes. So, I decided to create a new character and bring her to life.
Kizuna is definitely a character and I have so many new opportunities to experience with her. She has some goals in mind, such as having her voice be heard and actually be seen. The one main goal I have for her is for her to be seen. Growing up as the “outcast child”, in her words, was the main motivation to be seen and have someone, anyone be proud of her. Even if it is her own client thanking her for winning a case.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:
Lawyers, also known as attorney’s, have many duties depending on his or her specialization. Though, there are multiple basics that all lawyers partake in.
First, let’s talk about legal representation. Lawyers represent their clients in legal matters. These clients could be businesses or individuals. This role also acts as a guide for his or her client. The lawyer advocates and represents the person on trial during the trial.
Next up, drafting legal documents. Although lawyers don’t draft up many legal documents in the SRP faction, they do in the real world. Lawyers can draft up birth certificates, wills, contracts, deeds, and many more. Court summons are also drafted up by lawyers, but sent to a higher power to authorize and send the document out.
What is a lawyer to do without evidence? Evidence is critical to a court case. Lawyers need evidence to prove his or her side of the case in a trial. Detectives and lawyers work together to gather evidence. Evidence could include CCTV footage, photographs, alibis, and forensics.
To fit the lines of advocacy, lawyers must negotiate for his or her client. Lawyers advocate for his or her client in trials, hearings, and arbitration proceedings. To defend or prosecute the opposing counsel, a lawyer must question the opposing counsel's witnesses and draft up the evidence to help his or her case.
All things considered, a lawyer's main responsibility is to defend the rule of law and the ideals of justice for their clients while doing so with skill and zeal.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
Yes.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
Yes, I promise I will be dedicated.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
Yes, I am very aware.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
Yes!

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
Yes! I will try my best to make the meetings and events.

IN CHARACTER SECTION

Full name:
Kizuna Inaba

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
Ms.

Current age:
“Well, how old do you think I look? I’m kidding!”

Date of birth:
5 April, 1996
“First Zodiac sign AND number one in my momma’s heart, sorry Kal!”

Academic Degree:
Bachelor Degree in Criminal Justice [2015] - Waseda University - Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan.
Juris Doctor [2018] - Stanford University - California, United States of America
“Yes, yes. I know English and lived in America. Super iconic.. Just like me!”
Master of Laws (LLM) (Criminal Law) [2019] - Waseda University - Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan.

Major(s):
Criminal Justice | Political Science
Minor(s):
Communications | Philosophy
“I also dabbled in fashion! How else would I look flawless everyday?”

Work experience:

15-17 (2011-2013) - Tutor
“Besides being leader of the fashion club at my secondary school, I decided to talk to the tutoring center. I wanted to try and help people who were struggling in certain subjects. My specialty was History. Yes, I am a fashionista and a bookworm. Nerds can always look good while being smart at the same time. Anyway, my grades were high enough, so I was able to help tutor my peers in one on one or group sessions! Honestly, it helped them a lot. ”

19-20 (2015-2016) - Law Firm Internship
“After I got my Bachelor’s degree, I decided to do an internship at Shinjuku International Law Firm. I actually gained a lot of experience by meeting with my mentor, Maeda Takahiro. He guided me through client interactions, drafting up paperwork, and improved my writing. I was able to turn my hot-headed attitude into debates and speeches. Mr. Takahiro was the one who pushed me to pursue my passion and gave me the advice to study law in the States. I truly owe how far I have come to him.”

21-22 (2017-2018) - Legal Clinic
“After I packed my stuff and shipped myself off to the United States, I spent my first few months trying to find a good legal clinic to work for. All of my acquaintances on the Stanford campus were really not much help. They were all stuck up, nosey rich kids. Hell, their law school was probably paid for with their parent’s money! Anyways, enough about those annoying people. I stumbled upon Stanford Community Law Clinic. It was genuinely a great experience. I helped clients build cases and gained a lot of experience. Of course, I was under the supervision of a licensed attorney the entire time.”

22-24 (2019-2022) - Government Agency
“After my few years in the States and gaining my Juris Doctor title from Stanford, I decided to finally come back to Waseda University for my Master of Laws degree. It was one of the final steps before passing the appropriate exams. I worked in the Supreme Public Prosecutor's Office building in Tokyo. I worked for a prosecutor named Ida Hisao. He provided me with exposure to regulatory enforcement, litigation, and public policy matters. After years of working with and for Mr. Hisao, I finally graduated from Waseda University with my Master of Laws in Criminal Law.”

Nationality & born location:
Japanese | Kyoto, Japan

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
Japanese
Korean
English

Criminal record:
None
“Me? Have a criminal record? HAH! That’s a good one..”

What makes you a good candidate for this job?
“Well, I do not want to act all selfish and say that I am better than all the other applicants. It is quite rude and who knows if I will be working alongside one of them? Anyways, let’s get into the meat and potatoes of what makes me a good candidate.
My extensive knowledge of legal precedents and principles enables me to handle complicated cases with ease. I love to ****yze stuff and break down the facts in evidence. Researching is a crucial part of this job and..”

Kizuna pulled out a few packets of paper,

“As you can see, I love to research. It gives me something to hone in and focus on. If you have not picked up on it already, I am a huge talker. I love to communicate with people. As a mentor of mine once said, I am a very persuasive negotiator. Even if my client does not win a case, I will try my best and get them the best sentence via a plea deal, probation, or other ways.”

"Unlike some of the people I have seen at the previous law firms I have had an internship or employment, I do not and will not be biased. I will solely base everything on the facts. I actively defend the rights and interests of my clients via persuasive advocacy, enhancing my standing as a reliable and successful legal counsel. Thank you for having me here today!”

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
ACCEPTED

After careful discussion with the Higher Ups of the faction, we've decided to accept you:

Please contact me on Discord, @adalynoc to start the process and get you set !

Welcome to the Government Faction !

Users who are viewing this thread