What is your Minecraft username?: GrumpyBanter

How old are you?: 17

Do you have any previous bans?:

- 2016 : Banned for 100000000 years due to disrespect to Staff

- In between : Many joke bans made from other staff at the time

- 2018 : Banned for Disrespect to the Server & Staff

What Country are you from?: Wales, United Kingdom

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): Banter#0001

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes, although some I will need to use common knowledge to answer.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Of course, but I assure you I will be as active as possible.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?: I believe so, If I get lost I can just request guidance from Mistalee.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?: As being a Senior Admin I find myself constantly on SchoolRP. I am decently active on the forums due to me having to mark College Student Applications. But I am mostly active on the Server.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/wiffybanter-character-language-application-spanish.22933/

https://schoolrp.net/threads/wiffybanter-donny-p-e-teacher-application.19759/

https://schoolrp.net/threads/my-science-chemistry-teacher-application.3495/

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: As being the College Dean for nearly around 5 months now I have become quite used to role and enjoy it quite a lot. I am looking for something new to do in Roleplay and I believe that RP'ing this character I have created in a environment of education to students will put a lot more joy into classes for high-school.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?: Yes, I have been on SRP for about 3 - 4 years now.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?: Yes, I have.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?: Classroom logs allow the SLT to make sure their teachers are active and it assists in proving you have done the work to earn your paycheck at the end of the month.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?: I would place a request to the Principal.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

1. Do not speak when the Teacher is talking.

2. Do not touch any of the Teachers items, it has a 95% chance of exploding.

3. Do not use curse words in the classroom. If you hear the teacher use any you are to ignore it.

4. You are not to show up to class late, it will go towards a detention.

5. Don't eat or sleep in class nor use mobile devices.

Summarise your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):

I have only ever really RP'ed on SchoolRP from the start of 2016 to now. Previously I was placed in more scripted forms of RP but SRP allowed me to be in more improvised form of Roleplay. Besides SRP I have never really RP'ed greatly anywhere else.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

Newly Qualified Teacher: NQT are teachers that have just been introduced into the school. They are able to start teaching their classes as soon as possible. NQT have no real control over the department and they respond to the Head Of Department along with SLT.

Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills: QTLS is a teacher promoted from NQT. They are more used to doing lessons and should be a role model to NQT's.

Head of Department: Head of Department is a teacher that will be in charge of keeping up with all teachers within that department. They can decide change for the department and plan collective teachings.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

A Teachers job is to educate Pupils/Students to learn about life and what is ahead of them. (getting a job or running a company).
A Teachers salary is ¥300,000. While doing 5 extra classes will earn them ¥50,000 on top of their salary. Teachers are the driving focus a school needs when making the environment seem alive. A Students learning is measured through tests and assessments. A Teachers primary goal is to give knowledge to the consumer (student). If a lot of work is done that day they might have to stay behind to mark work or take the work home to do it there. If there is a test they will do a group up with other teachers and mark the test. They may also stay behind and do after school work for students to help them catch up.

Teachers tend to live normal lives. In school they can be found roaming the halls, talking to students and helping with smaller projects around the school. Outside of school a Teacher can really live their own life. They can get involved with other projects or just work for the school entirely.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: Teachers make SchoolRP what it is. Without them students would find themselves always walking around in a school felt like in control of phantoms. Teachers assist in sorting issues out along with entertaining new players with Roleplay they possibly have never experienced before.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: MoSCo which means (Must have, Should have, Could have).

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Gunter is a wild card. Gunter can be seen as someone who doesn't really think on his actions and instead strives to forward himself on the objective he has created. He looks quite different from the rest of the teachers which I think makes him VERY unique. Gunter sees students as possible future scientists or just subjects to his experiments that he wishes to complete with the help of students of Karakura. Gunter can many times be quite daft but is a smart individual when it comes to science, not saying that it always works out. He plans to win many awards in the future that will make him be the greatest scientist ever

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: I would try to calm the situation down as fast as possible. A simple threat of detention will make them listen. If not I will get an SLT.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: As I am a science teacher I believe I can use science to gain their attention. This simple being a trick of chemistry to make an explosion that will not harm any student. A more safer route would be a simple slam on the desk raising my voice.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: Gunter usually stays to himself. He works on smaller works in his own space. He of course respects all teachers but he feels superior.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me Gunter would quickly put a splash of Salt Water into the bucket. It would begin to shake then explode with a high-pitched squeak.

/me He would quickly run to get the fire extinguisher fundling over towards the newly created fire. He would clamp down on the handle, an explosion of white foam would cover the flames.

/me Gunter would sip on his coffee, completely forgetting that he was mid class.

/me Gunter would go around the class, placing tin foiled hats upon their head. He looked quite serious.

/me He would begin to use a makeshift radar detecting the students looking for any anomalies.

Backstory

Gunter was born in Quebec, in 1978. Gunter was brought up alone with his Mother. His Mother worked at a research facility. She was Head Of Department when it came to testing for cures on Animals. She was in charge of the care and treatment of animals in the facility. Gunter was mostly alone at home when he would come from school but she would always call him to make sure he made dinner for himself and to go to bed at a normal time, Gunter of course never did this and would stay up watching horror movies. Gunter was an interesting child, never had many friends and it wasn't surprising. Gunter had an interesting way around seeing the world, he was also sceptical and never believed in what people said that was 'factual'. Gunter soon later in life was found trying to answer the world's odd questions around life. For example he once tried to explain how a volcano erupts from climate change. He lit the entire classroom on fire. Another time he was trying to prove that oxygen is all in our mind and tried mixing it with another compound. The classroom again was lit on fire. And finally he tried to prove that a frog's leg only moves because of string, again somehow the classroom lit on fire. Gunter went later onto life trying to prove the world that he would know EVERYTHING. But obviously he would need a stable job and after countless times of trying and getting fired he found a job proposal for a Science Teacher in Karakura High. The school interested him as there is so much backstory to the characters around. Gunter has many theories but he is afraid there are men in black always watching him. But nonetheless Gunter still strives to educate kids and possibly use them for some experiments…

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Gunter Montgomery

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):D̶r̶. Mr.

Given Name(s): 'Doctor' 'Gunter' 'Monty'

Preferred Name: Gunter

Religious Denomination: Scientology

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Canada

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 7 Years

Working Experience (# of years): 30+ Years

Academic Degree: Chemistry

Year of Graduation: 2013

Major(s): Chemistry, Physics

Minors: Biology

Native Languages: English

Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes

Preferred Teaching Subject: Science - Chemistry

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):

Do you have any questions?:

Mistalee

Level 104
APPROVED
  • Wonderful application; I look forward to seeing you play this incredibly interesting-sounding character of yours.
  • Though I'm sure you're already one step ahead & have already done this, please ensure you've joined this Discord server.
  • -You'll be given a basic run-through of your job once you've joined this server; Once you see this response, please contact Knot#2096 on Discord.

Once again, congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread