KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):
wwjay \\ ALT - Account I’m applying on

atjayy \\ MAIN [Football]
buriedlovers \\ ALT [Reporter]

Previously EMS & Teacher

Discord Name & Tag:
atjayy -- no tag, since they got rid of it. I can be found in any SRP related server.

Previous bans:
In March of 2023, I was banned for roughly 2 hours. It was originally a 2 week ban, which ended in me being removed from EMS temporarily. I made an appeal, which was accepted almost immediately due to the proof I provided. I was accused of scamming a player OOCly, to which I stepped forward and cleared the allegations. I was brought back onto EMS the moment my appeal was accepted.

Other than that, I received a warning close to a year ago for starting an argument; since then I've been clean.

Here’s the link to my appeal:

BAN APPEAL

Describe your activity on the server:
Currently, I’m only a part of the reporter faction, and the Spartan Football team. I included myself in two other factions, but bid my farewell as I started to lean my way towards becoming a better writer. I’m usually on the server everyday, sometimes ranging from 6 hours, to nearly being on half the day. While some days I’m unable to make SRP my main priority, I still manage to log on to keep track of my activity. As of May 2023, I’ve been fairly active on the server for the last two years.

Spartan Football/Teams - I’ve recently joined the team not too long ago, so my activity on this account has sky-rocketed. I hold this tag on my main account, which has had its fair share of sports and so on. I mostly interact with my team, or anyone in a specific group whom I’m most comfortable around - though, it doesn’t matter; I always look for a new roleplay.

Reporter - One of my favorite factions in my opinion. Despite it being a smaller faction, I’ve found myself enjoying it over anything else. It pushes me past my limits, and helps me show off my writing for the public. I joined in April of 2023 with no plans of leaving anytime soon.

EMS - The first government faction I’ve joined. During my time as a Doctor, a good portion of my time was spent on bettering myself and those around me. I enjoyed my time on, but parted ways as I seeked for a different roleplay. Being a part of the faction assisted me as I slowly returned back to SRP, right where I stand today.

Only issue with a few of these accounts is the lack of attributes, though, it wouldn’t be too hard to max them out.

Lore Team - Still new to the team, but I recently joined at the end of May. Being apart of the team helped me build the confidence to progress on SRP, as well as be a part of other events and interacting with people; something I struggled with for the longest time.

Which timezone are you in?
MST (GMT-6) – Mountain Standard Time

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

FACTIONS

Accepted
REPORTER
DOCTOR
TEACHER

Denied

BMD
PRIEST
COUNCIL

COMMUNITY TEAMS

Denied
MEDIA
EVENT

Accepted
LORE

What is your motivation for applying?:
I'm in need of something else that involves the entire community of SRP. Sure I don't have history with actual police work IC and OOCly, I'm hoping that I'll learn once I'm brought onto the team. The way SRP interprets actual police work is outstanding and it's something I wish to be apart of and witness for myself. I'm also an old member of the emergency side of SRP, specifically a doctor for EMS; I loved every second of it.

I'm always looking for new friends, and I'm sure KPD has that to offer. Who knows, maybe I'll be the one to control the lore behind it.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
Most of this knowledge is based on the servers interpretation on Police Work, plus a few things I know about outside of SRP.

- WHAT DO THEY DO? -
You know the saying ‘ To Serve and Protect’, or however it goes? Well, that’s pretty much what these guys do. They keep their citizens safe, and stick to their strict training procedures to get the best results in a situation. From breaking down doors during a raid, to putting out small forest fires, they do it all. Down below is a handful of daily activities they’ve involved themselves in.

Patrols
You’ll frequently see a group of officers patrolling the city. Some go alone, while others roll in a squad when passing through parts of the city. Sure they might not come across much, but when they do, they know exactly what to do. Patrols are one of the more common procedures every officer has to follow, since it’s an easier way to bust criminals and get a hold of a situation. Any officer past the cadet ranking is free to roam the city; though, cadets are free to patrol with an official by their side.

Whilst patrolling, officers are to keep their radios on hand at all times. Don’t feel safe? Unholster your taser when you feel the need to.

CCTV
The entire police force has access to most of the CCTV cameras that lie throughout the city, except for the school, or any other building that isn’t owned directly by the government. CCTV is usually checked after a call has gone through about a situation, but officers choose to check them freely in case they plan on patrolling an area. There’s a designated room for the cameras in case you feel like you need a load-off from work and want to browse the city.

Raids
Your typical gang raid. Most of these are done after an investigation has been made and gone through, but if it’s deemed moral, they can conduct a raid as soon as they can. These raids are used to bust criminals for any illegal activities, such as weapons or a hostage. Any criminals lingering in the area will be detained and questioned. To protect themselves, and shield their identities, officers tend to dress up in swat gear and wear gas masks to prevent any gasses in the area from spreading. Once a raid has been set, and depending on how severe it is, the Captain and/or Commissioner will arrive to assist their officers.

Desk Work
Greeting you upon your arrival to the station are officers sitting behind a shielded desk. While this is fairly common for Cadets, any officer is free to sit themselves down and do work at the front desk. This consists of answering calls, or greeting people as they enter. They’re the first to respond to someone setting off the metal detector, unless another officer is nearby.

• 110 Calls: 110 is available for anyone to contact, whether it’s to get through to the hospital, or contact a police officer. Upon receiving the call, officers must follow the training they’ve been through to ensure the safety of the caller on the other end. Before arriving to the scene, the officers tending to the call must check CCTV to gather any information and confirm it’s a legitimate call.
  • Patting down: Did somebody trigger the metal detector at the entrance? They’ll be met with an officer behind the desk who will guide them to the wall to properly pat them down for any weapons, masks, or illegal items hidden away in a pocket.

Interrogations
Mostly left in the hands of a detective: interrogations are run on a suspect with knowledge leading up to further arrests/investigation. Locked away in a room away from the others, detectives conduct interrogations with the help of other officers or detectives nearby. They’ll break down the suspect and gather whatever knowledge is deemed worthy leading up to further police work.

- EQUIPMENT -
(In all honesty, I’m not entirely sure if these definitions are right; these are based on my OOC knowledge rather than what I know on the server.)

X26 Taser
One of the first tools given to a rookie. Treat this thing as if it was your baby; keep it holstered on you at all times unless you’re off duty, of course. Is an inmate or suspect getting too physical for you? Give ‘em a shock and take ‘em away.

Pepper spray:
Almost like a taser, except it’s a can you keep on yourself when patrolling. It’s used the same as a taser would; someone too close for comfort? Spray it in their eyes, instead of shocking them like you would with your taser.

Radio
An officer’s right-hand man (or left, if you’re left handed. .) Your favorite clip-on piece of equipment that’s used by everyone in the emergency faction. From cracking a joke, to relaying the time of death to an EMS worker, the radio sure does come in handy.

Badge
A funny little item you can carry on yourself to show off to your friends.

Police Baton
Mostly used as defense if an officer is cornered, but still a fun way to jab at someone who needs it. These are usually given to an officer who’s passed their training stages and are ready to take on the city for themselves.

Handcuffs
Finally got your suspect under control? Unclip these from yourself and clip them onto their hands for easy access. They’re also the easiest way to transport an inmate from a holding cell to get their mugshot taken.

Breathalyzer
Uh oh, someone got caught drinking. It’s simple enough; place the piece in their mouth and have them blow for the results.

Riot Gear
Riot shields, masks, you name it. Don’t take these out unless you’re conducting a raid or given approval in the heat of the moment.

Cruiser
Woop woop! You can drive, Cadet. Once you’ve graduated from cadet training and pass a few other roles, you’re gifted your own cruiser to take with you on patrol. Don’t speed though. .

Glock-17
After you surpassed your buddies and made your way to a detective, you get a brand new weapon. The glock-17 is efficient for taking down those suspects who are deemed harmful to the public.

Crowbar
Need to break into a building but a silly criminal is stopping you? Fear not! Use this hefty clunk of metal to tear down layers of wood.

- RANKS -
From highest to lowest, every cop starts off as a cadet at least once. If you’ve managed to stick it out for a while, you’ll find yourself competing with your colleagues as you climb your way up the ranks. Starting off from commissioner, all the way down to a cadet, I listed out the ranks and their definitions.

COMMISSIONER
The overseer, or whatever you’d like to call it. Sure, they’re in charge of the force, but without the help of their Captain or Superintendant, running a crew like this is a struggle on its own.

CAPTAIN
Main divisions big-guy. Just below the commissioner lies a sturdy leader capable of running pretty much anything. Got a question, but can’t contact your Commissioner? Ask away.

DETECTIVE DIVISION

DETECTIVE SUPERINTENDANT
Similar to the captain, except this position is in charge of the Detective Division, rather than the main. Don’t let the tag fool you though, you still have to listen to ‘em.

DETECTIVE CHIEF INSPECTOR
Almost there! Just below the superintendent is a higher ranking role within the detective division. Even though their ranking isn’t as high as the superintendent, they’re still a higher-up of both the division, and the force itself.

DETECTIVE INSPECTOR
Congrats, you’ve passed your trial. After your detective training, you’ll be promoted to the big dogs where the fun begins. Think of it as the main division's patrol officer, but you get your own brandished glock to go on top. Carrying such a tag like this even allows you to investigate crimes; yeah, you can even interrogate people. Isn’t that fun?

DETECTIVE CONSTABLE
So you want to be a detective instead? Congrats, rookie! Like being a cadet, you’re all the way at the bottom of the rankings, at least in the detective division. You’ll undergo new training, and be given a whole bunch of new things to brag about.

MAIN DIVISION

LIEUTENANT
The highest ranking in the main division, other than the captain himself. When put in this position, you are granted the chance of becoming a detective. You’ve fought your way to get here, why not go out on a toast? To you, lieutenant.

SERGEANT
One of the higher positions of the main division, though you’re not deemed ready enough to become a higher-up just yet. You get a brand new look to your uniform, as well as a few tools to assist you on your way.

CORPORAL
Just above the patrol officer lies the third ranking you can get during your time in the force. You unlock a whole set of equipment, and, again, a new uniform to look even better.

PATROL OFFICER
Congrats on passing your test, Cadet. Being granted this position allows you to finally leave the station; either you go off duty, or a patrol with a handful of others. This is the second rank you get.

CADET
Welcome aboard, Cadet, here’s where the fun begins! You start off at the lowest ranking as you slowly build your way up to become the best officer around. You start off with training, and over time, you can use those gadgets you’re given.

Corporal+ is allowed to give informational training, while Sergeant+ does the physical.

- SKILLS -
Communication
You can’t be a cop without proper communication. Being able to call out your location during the heat of the moment is crucial to being a good cop. Being granted the ability to fully communicate with your peers gets you a long way.

Team Work
Sorta ties in with communication, but it deserves its own spot on this list. Despite whether or not you like all the folks you’re in the force with, show off how powerful you can really be with the help of your buds.

Morality
Sticking to the code and following the rules you swore to will get you a long way, especially when you work in the force. Keeping up with your morals, both as a cop, and a citizen, will show you the world you’ve always dreamt of.

Decision Making
Being able to focus on the task and follow through is top priority. It’s almost like picking between two girls.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
On a server where CrimeRP is one of the most common roleplay situations you’ll find yourself inevitably getting involved with, the importance of Police is definitely on top. Without the police force, CriminalRP will drastically get boring over time, as those partaking in it won’t experience the thrill of having to role play with cops. CriminalRP itself is already repetitive, but with the roleplay the police faction offers to those involved, it brings a sort of fear to the community.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Absolutely

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Absolutely. If I’m unable to attend, I’ll let someone know

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:
Shay ‘Nirvana’ Laurier

“Like the band, almost.”

Character's age (if accepted):
Friday, March 22, 1997

Character's gender & pronouns:
Male / / He/Him

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):
A bachelor’s in Law, and a Master’s in Criminal Justice.

He would’ve stuck college out a bit longer to get a masters in Psychology, but he eventually dropped it.

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
“I’m fluent in Dutch and Spanish. My Spanish mother taught me the language, whilst I picked up Dutch durin’ my time in The Netherlands.”

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?

shayyy.png
Once a soft boy, always a soft boy; a young man with the best features ever that he claims to have gotten from his mother. With long, brown hair that swooped past his shoulders, it went up to par with his chestnut brown eyes. He usually kept his hair tied back with the sides shaved, but occasionally he let the waves flow. Hidden beneath his body art lie old, faded scars from a lifestyle of agony; a soon forgotten mistake. Paired with his tall stature - a fit body he sure as hell worked himself to death to get. Nirvana’s your definition of a pretty boy; go ahead, call him that.

It’s kind of basic, but he’s your living proof that a Greek god exists, at least when we’re talking about his looks.

Oh, but let’s talk about his personality next. He’s actually a lot more shy than you'd think, especially considering how well built this kid was. At first, he’s skeptical of his surroundings; usually pressing his nose into a book, or occasionally making small talk, only to shut himself up immediately. Why was that? - However. once you break the kid in, he won’t shut up about his dreams. He’s a good kid, though, you should give him a shot; he might steal your heart. He’s a softy at his core - he loves animals, kids, you name it. Just don’t talk about his mother. .

Oh, but his dreams? Find that out for yourself.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
This kid was built on respect and often shows his gratitude towards his higher rankings. As a result, he’s always well kept and organized in a professional setting. Sure, he’ll sneak a joke or two in, but he knows when it’s not the time. He’ll be the first one to arrive at a crime scene, all while keeping his hands where they need to be. A fearless boy, such as himself, is good with words; you should hold a conversation with him.

Laurier is a cheerful kid with a booming personality. When he’s off duty, or perhaps running errands for the crew, he’ll let himself be known. Growing up in a house where happiness was rarely ever the case, he treats everyone perfectly despite their origins. If he’s had sort of a bad day, you’ll find him with his nose shoved into a book or even enjoying a cold one with a handful of his friends; he definitely loosens up when he’s relaxed.

Despite the differences, Laurier will always be the biggest sweetheart no matter where he stands.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Laurier works best when he’s paired up with his buddies from the force. He’ll go from cracking jokes, to raiding an entire gang hideout as long as his friends are glued to his side. You’d expect a kid like him to shun away society, but looks don’t play this part. Through his eyes teamwork plays a huge role, especially in the police force. You can’t struggle on your own when he’s around, he’ll pick ‘em up off their feet; drinks are on him.

“We’re in this together. If I can’t do it, one of them can. If I’m like a stick in the mud, they’ll be right behind me.”

Nirvana sees his co-workers as his next set of friends. Whilst giving hope, he sure as hell won’t give up on them. Coming from a place where those his age barely made it out opened his eyes; he valued his life, and those he obtained along the way. If one of his buddies were struggling with a case - perhaps it hit too hard for ‘em, well, Nirvana’s the guy to go to.

“I love the force; my buddies’ll go down with me if given the chance.”

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
“I’d be a great leader, lemme tell ya. Sure, I’m a quiet man, at least upon first glance, but I get my word out when I need to. A great leader listens to their followers' feedback; they involve themselves within their community. You can’t be a leader if no one wants to follow you, otherwise, where does that take you? I sure as hell see myself tackling a big project with the help of those who wish to follow me; oh, the things you’d do with them. - You can’t always start off as a leader. I can be a follower when I want to be, especially during the start of a new life, but I’ll only climb my way up the ladder and prove I’ll be one kick-ass leader. Besides, with a charmin’ voice like mine, grabbin’ someone's attention is never a struggle.”

“I was never much of a leader growin’ up, unless you count the boy scouts. I’m sure ya don’t though.”

I’m huge on the whole leader thing when it comes to OOC work. I’ve always seen myself as a leader, despite being a follower my entire life. I relate to this character at least; I'm shy, I don’t speak often, but I’ll get my words out and take lead if no one else will. When it comes to being a leader, it was always easier for me to lead something smaller, as I felt more in control with my surroundings and who or what I was dealing with.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)

Friday, March 22, 1997
Los Angeles, California – USA.

9:36 A.M.

“Welcome to the world, darlin’ boy.”

A young woman of Spanish descent, Natalia Montero, held her newborn baby for the first time.. Standing bedside; a three year old boy, probably expected to be the older brother, and an older gentleman who was ruled out to be the father of the two, welcomed the boy to the world. Something about the father, however, stood out. Johannes Laurier, a German businessman touring in America, carried a hateful expression across his pale face. Every detail about Johannes alone declared who he truly was as a man, which spiraled into him leaving the family soon after Shay’s fourth birthday.

It all went downhill from there.

Natalia loved her babies more than life itself; any given opportunity she had, she took, and so she did. Fending for herself and the two boys, Natalia was struck with the realization that she couldn’t give the kids what she wanted to, so this led to the boys surviving together in this cruel world they were ashamed to be a part of.

Shay’s school-life was typical – he didn’t get in much trouble, and preferred to stay away from everyone, secluding himself to the books he grew up with. Brett Laurier, Shay’s older brother, was far, far worse than Shay could ever be. At the shy age of 13, Brett threw himself into the local street gang down the block. From picking fights, to running from the police, Brett was no good-doer in a City of Angels. In an attempt to save himself from complete destruction, Shay spent his time focusing on school, and school alone. He had no time for Brett, which resulted in his greatest fear coming true. .

Brett Laurier was hospitalized just a day before his fourteenth birthday. Shay, now ten years old, had to watch as his mother said her last farewell to the death-ridden boy. Filled to the brim with rage, Shay sought out his revenge against this world. His grades plummeted to the ground, and his relationship with his mother was torn to shreds. Shay jumped in with a bigger gang, earning him the nickname Nirvana. Sure it was corny, but during an event with his gang, Shay was the only one to come out on top.

After his 15th birthday, Natalia sent him off to Amsterdam in hopes of refilling his fragile heart. Shay wasn’t keen on the idea, and besides he was top of the school – everyone feared him. However, Shay soon regained his power and ruled the schoolyards of the High school he was sent to under the title of being the Football Captain. All the ladies swooned for him, every bully within a hundred feet stood clear when he came marching down the corridors. Shay loved the sensation of having control, and soon he fell in love with a girl. Their relationship wasn’t all too well – Shay ignored her existence, whilst she was off with another guy for the most part, so they went their separate ways. Shay still had ties with his old gang who were furious with his disappearance. But, for some reason, Shay enjoyed the Jock life – it was either that, or dying somewhere in the streets.

Soon after his graduation, Shay took off to Vienna, Austria, where he came in contact with his soon forgotten father. Johannes, a wealthy businessman, approached Shay under the railings of an alleyway and came forth about being his father. Skeptically at first, Shay unknowingly gave in and agreed to go with the man. - A night out, and a drunkard for a father, Shay slipped his way back into his father’s life. The next morning, Johannes pulled aside Shay (who was already preparing his next journey), and offered him a scholarship at Vienna University. Shay denied the offer, but soon learned to regret it as he had nowhere else to run. He took up the offer.

His first few years flew by and before he knew it, he received a Bachelor’s in Law. Shay was struck with the realization that if he continued to push through, he’d end up with the life he always wanted as a boy – the big deal; highest ranking officer ever. A few days after the party he hosted for his Bachelor’s degree, his mother fell under and eventually succumbed to her illness; this drove Shay off the walls. Shay worked his way up the ladder, earning yet another degree in Criminal Justices – his master’s.

After his college life, Shay said his farewells and left Austria. Where he ended up is unknown, but some say he’s under the name Nirvana. . Where he resides in Tokyo, Japan.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?
“You’re tellin’ me a bad joke if you think it’s legal to own one of these baddies. Sure, you can use it for protection, but if we catch ya with it, prepare to be bound to a jail cell for a while - that is if you don’t post your bail.”
Being caught with a pocket knife will have your character arrested for illegal possession and kept inside a jail cell for 5 OOC days. After the time is up, you can post bail - if you don’t get your bail posted? Well, you’ll see for yourself.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription

Wooden Cane
¥7,000 with a max of 2.
Cough Syrup
¥6,000 with a max of 2.
Paracetamols
¥1,500 with a max of 3.
Unbranded Bandage
¥1,000 with a max of 5.
Eyepatch
¥5,000 with a max of 2 - one for each side.

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
If I caught one of my buddies picking a fight with someone, I’d make my way to the scene with my body camera on. I’d keep my hands free and prepare myself to engage as soon as possible. Breakin’ up a fight like this is easy enough; after the two are separated, I’d move the inmate back to his cell, and pull aside the officer involved. Something like this usually gets reported to a higher up for proper discipline. Even as a police officer, you have to follow the rules you’re bound to whilst a part of the team.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
Upon arriving at the scene, or if I happened to be in the area, I’d radio for backup immediately with a location given. Yelling out verbal threats isn’t always the best approach, so having your hands on your taser is your go-to. Threaten to tase them with it, and if they don’t back off, well. . It serves ‘em right. Tase ‘em and then detain until further notice.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
This probably happens a lot more than you’d think. Something like this is immediately reported to a higher up, or any officer who’s able to relay the message. Any screenshots or recordings help too; get your evidence before you accuse, yanno?

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
Shrug it off as a joke. Kids really think this is how you get away with things? Offer them a hand in return; pay the fine for attempted bribery.

1685923061621.png
(dont attack me for that.)

Also if something is unbolded, I might've missed it when I copy and pasted this over. AND NO I DON'T GANGRP >:(

(EDIT: I've been having rendering issues and whatnot, so if anything seems off it's probably a result of moving my app from a document over to the forums page -- -everything is MY work. Also, changes to the backstory, an answer, and the character).​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to unfortunately deny your application to join our faction.​

We appreciate your efforts and your motivation to join our faction, but
we have made this decision based on the following reason(s)

COMPETITIVITY
-
Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the
faction, we sometimes have to deny good applicants because there are
others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to
server reputation or due to the detail that was put to their application.

- A decisive factor that influences our decision is server reputation. We tend
to pick players who have been in the server for a while, and that have a
relatively clean history. We suggest applying for other factions / community
teams to improve how other players see you and boost your chances at
becoming part of our faction!

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (Yonio#5112) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread