LocalHamburger

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your Discord username?):
I do have Discord, it is @arocatula

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes

What is your time zone?:
MST (Mountain Standard Time)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I completely acknowledge and promise to keep up the activity.

Describe your activity on the server:
I’m online on Discord and SRP almost daily for about 3-5 hours.
Availability Hours
Saturday: 11 PM - 12 AM

Sunday: 11 PM - 10 PM
Monday: 4 PM - 10 PM
Tuesday: 4 PM - 10 PM
Wednesday: 4 PM - 10 PM
Thursday: 4 PM - 10 PM

Friday: 4 PM - 12 AM
Sat-Sun changes sometimes due to personal events.
These are subject to change around the Summer season.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server:
(ACCEPTED)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/deputys-physical-education-application.46768/ (P.E. teacher application)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/teacher-department-switch-art-arocatula.49813/ (Art teacher department switch)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application-2.45763/ (JSL Application 2)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-application.45816/ (Russian Application)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-app.46015/ (Korean Application 2)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/aurorianpups-third-language-application.46494/ (Third Language Application 2)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/aurorianpups-french-application-third-language.46522/ (French Application)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/spanish-language-app-deputy.47507/ (Spanish Application
)https://schoolrp.net/threads/height-application-arocatula.48836/ (Height Application 3)
(DENIED)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-language-application.45743/ (JSL Application)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-application.45752/ (Korean Application)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/third-language-application.45952/ (Third Language Application)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/deputys-height-application.47315/ (Height Application)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/deputys-height-application-2nd-attempt.47395/ (Height Application 2)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/arocatulas-event-team-application.48378/ (Event Team Application)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/arocatulas-event-team-application-2.49433/ (Event Team Application 2)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lore-team-application-deputy.47766/ (Lore Team Application)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/aros-p-e-teacher-application.70797/ (P.E. Teacher Application)
(REMOVED)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/removed-application.47931/ (Lore Team Application 2)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/please-remove.46588/ (Professor Application)

What are your current roles on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Honoka Miki N. Sang-eo - Grade 12
Lilly Mieko Genet - Grade 12

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
Physical Education (P.E.)

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My main motivation traces back to the previous time I played the role of a teacher in SRP. Being a teacher in early 2022 and remembering the joy of teaching high school students has pushed me to apply again as a Physical Education teacher. Additionally, gaining new roleplay opportunities while interacting with the people around me enhances my activity and outlook on SchoolRP. My interest in assisting any student with their education has given me the chance to apply as a teacher. For multiple reasons, this has also been my main focus in wanting to join factions. Though I have looked at and almost considered other factions, (Professor, KPD, etc.) being a teacher has been my main focus which has made me pressure myself into applying... again. Despite Honoka's trouble with some other students and small weird interactions with greenies, she hasn't stopped herself from being pressured into applying as a P.E. teacher. She hopes to teach students everything she knows about fitness and health, which may be good for those who want to apply for KPD (hint, hint, students ;).

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT?
I do understand.

Do you understand if your application is accepted, you will have to undergo teacher training?:
I understand, if accepted, the training process to become a qualified teacher.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher class logs ensure that a teacher has been keeping up with activity in the school, has hosted classes regularly, and allows an accurate paycheck for each teacher depending on this activity. Teacher class logs are very important, allowing teachers to gain promotions and paychecks as they proceed through their teaching careers.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
  • No active fighting (no matter what kind) or threats to fight with one another.
  • No types of cellular devices should be on or in your hand. I hope not to hear any type of music, ringtones, or any other noise from cellular devices.
  • No food or beverages should be brought into the classroom or eaten outside (during activities). This is the time to get your body moving, not a free lunch break.
  • Encourage improvement rather than discourage accidents.
  • No sleeping… it’s physical education for a reason.
  • Always ask for restroom breaks, they will be noted if you’re sneaking off.
  • Don’t be afraid to ask for help from peers in a kind way, and help your peers when they seem troubled.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
Minecraft
SRP has been my main focus regarding roleplaying, as it gives the most opportunities and has an excellent map, plugins, etc. In Java, SRP has been the only roleplay game I have been part of. Regardless, I have taken part in many events, made many friends, and took the role of a teacher a couple of years ago. SRP has given me the largest impact and outlook on digital roleplay as a whole. I have gotten to experience the different types of roleplay offered, and I got the fun chance to see the difference between how people act ICly compared to OOCly. Though I haven't been a part of too many types of roleplay (CrimeRP, RomanceRP, etc.), I've been kind of considering it..? (not on this character I promise). Despite that, my future hopes are to experience and get at least a basic understanding of the variety of different roleplays the server offers. In Minecraft Bedrock, I have taken part in roleplay in games like Lifeboat, where I have met new people and learned more about roleplay. There's no lying here, everyone has been part of those things like "FamilyRP" or "SchoolRP" (the type where there's prom... every time...)
Roblox
Despite slowly regretting those times when I often roleplayed in Roblox games, those as well have given me a chance to face different scenarios head-on, and I got to freely experience the different roles you were able to gain at any point in time. I faced different behaviors, actions, and incidents that improved the way I roleplay, letting me express more character ICly, interact with other people, and generally gain unique knowledge from roleplay. Similar to what I mentioned in the Minecraft experience, there's always that one time in a kid's life when they are part of "FamilyRP" or "SchoolRP", and though I do regret those times today, they still gave me a chance to express myself while putting a mask on simultaneously.
Overall Experience
I overall have gotten the chance to learn about and experience the many different types of roleplays that I am given. Roleplaying for years has allowed me to learn about how I should make a character and how to make them unique. I take opportunities and use them to my advantage, so I can gain a better variety of roleplay experiences and opportunities. I've been doing roleplay since I was a child, and my experience has grown as time goes by. My understanding of how to roleplay with other people correctly has gotten better because of this.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: Leads the department they teach and defines great activity and consistency within the server. They assist Untrained Teachers in the teaching process, considering they have a great knowledge of Karakura Highschool how it functions, and how one should teach.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: They have demonstrated a good understanding of how to teach a class and have been given sufficient teacher tools to properly handle students in their education. Being a promotion from NQT, they have proven to show activity in the server and the discord, and have hosted an outstanding amount of classes in the time they have taught Karakura High.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: They have proven to be responsible as a teacher, being provided the necessary teaching tools to handle a class properly and the students in it. With potentially occasional assistance, they have given themselves a basic understanding of teaching in general. They can teach a class by themselves, considering they know how to deal with misbehaving students, rude students, etc.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Untrained Teacher
↳ Description: A teacher who has just recently been accepted into the teaching faction. They have yet to teach a class on their own and must undergo the training process from an HD+ to move forward in their teaching career. In this training process, they are taught how to properly teach a class on their own and how to handle students, as well as using the basic teaching tools.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
IN-GAME
Teachers give students both an educational and entertaining experience, ensuring a positive environment in school. Without teachers, Karakura High would seem rather boring, and not necessarily a “school”. A teacher’s purpose here at Karakura High is to apply education to every high schooler while maintaining a fun and positive environment around them. In-game teachers can earn a maximum of ¥500,000 per month. For completing 10 classes, an NQT can earn a minimum of ¥350,000, while a QT can earn a minimum of ¥400,000. Teachers can earn +¥50,000 for every 5 extra classes they host every month until the ¥500,000 maximum is reached.
OUT-OF-GAME
Like in-game teachers, out-of-game teachers play a vital role in why students can learn new things to improve their future. Teachers give students the greatest amount of knowledge they can give about the large variety of subjects that they are capable of learning. With that comes being professional when doing an interview, how to handle certain situations properly, and how to assist others when they require it. Also similar to in-game, there are many subjects offered rather than just language, mathematics, and science. Subjects also offer unique things that can assist your career, like music, physical education, technology, drama, etc. A teacher in Japan may receive about ¥290,000 - ¥6,000,000 per year. This depends on their education and teaching experience.
HOW THEY TEACH
Each teacher has a unique way of teaching. Teachers can be strict or kind. When it comes down to teachers, students can have a fun and pure educational experience when they are offered them. While keeping positive interactions with other students, teachers want to ensure a way to keep students safe and respectful to one another while giving them real-world facts and information for their future. In their spare time, teachers have a life as well (mind-blowing)! Outside of school, teachers can be found anywhere, from a government house to a theme park. Teachers can be found grading papers within their houses/apartments or simply studying their subjects. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a maths teacher working out in the gym! (I definitely would)

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers play one of the most important roles in SchoolRP (gasp), as they provide education for any high school student with the variety of subjects given, mostly considering the game is centered around school. Rather than just giving teachers a new roleplay opportunity of their own, they give students new immersive opportunities, as it lets them have a unique, different outlook on both the school and their futures when they may want to apply for a job. Teachers allow an interactive, fun, and engaging experience for every student who is willing to put in their work to be in the teachers’ classes. Teachers don’t only educate students on the subject, but they also give students the chance to have a great outcome for their future. Teachers give assignments, exams, and activities to help students through the learning process. Teachers give students unique information that they may not have known about initially. Overall, teachers provide an environment for students to have a safe, fun, and engaging learning experience.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The school runs on MoSCoW, or, Must have, Should have, Could have, Would have

Character Information

Describe the character: How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?
download (2).png
Honoka Miki N. Taniguchi is considered one with her personality, letting her experiences decide it rather than her decisions.
“The young girl stands at 5’6 (shortie), typically wearing her glasses or bow. She tends to wear darker-colored clothing, matching her dark-colored hair and eyes. She doesn’t use her watch but likes how it looks.”
Compared to her peers, Honoka tends to stick out a lot with her unique personality and style. Most of the time, she’s hyperactive and speaks a lot (due to her ADHD). When you pass Honoka, you may see her chilling under the skies (typically doing nothing) or making laps around the entire school out of school hours. During school, she loves running around the track or playing the variety of sports offered. When attending classes, Honoka can stay engaged in the assignment with some errors here or there. Because she tends to speak a lot, she speaks a lot during classes and towards other people, sometimes to the point where the people she’s talking to can’t even get a chance to speak! Aside from that, Honoka isn’t exactly the best at sports… but she still practices every day for her improvement. Her determination to become a teacher has risen day after day, hoping to share with students her knowledge about health and physical activity. Some rather odd likings of her’s include Ribbons, Watches, Bubblegum, Mint Gum (she barely likes any other type), Tom Brown(?), and Stuffed Animals. She always wants to follow her passion despite setbacks even with her troubled past.

What is their outlook on students and their co-workers?
Honoka ensures to maintains a positive outlook on everyone, students, coworkers, and city people. She tries her best to keep her respectful attitude towards even bad-behaving students (she mainly doesn’t want to come off as biased) and all her co-workers. Determined to form a bond with them, grumpy or not, she hopes to have great conversations with them and get to know them more. Despite some past incidents with students, she brings out her humble self to every single student she comes by, even on days she seems to have had a bad day. When communicating with her co-workers, she tends to be humorous at times, or, just talks way too much that no one else can… until she catches herself doing so. Her relationships with her co-workers as a teacher in Tokyo have taught her some things, like how to get to know them and get on their nice side… which she knows is not the easiest to do for some people. Regardless, no matter how embarrassing she may seem towards her students or co-workers, Honoka ensures to keep her active and positive attitude towards them.

What are their plans for the future?
Holding her passions since she was a child, Honoka continues to have a lot on her bucket list. One of her main goals was to be able to travel the world, exploring all of Japan to America. Her love for health and physical education has pushed her forward to become a P.E. teacher, especially back in Karakura where her life began. Ever since she was a child, she knew her focus should be on her health and fitness. It was like her fate. Becoming an adult, even though she has faced troubles and obstacles that tried to keep her from moving forward, she knew nothing could stop her from getting to her goals. Rather than looking at retirement, she looks at improving her life, making more friends, improving her personality, being more fit, and learning more as she moves on in life.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Honoka would approach the situation, simultaneously thinking before she acted. As she approaches the individuals, she shouts, a voice louder than theirs, to ask, “What seems to be the problem here?” Though Honoka is shorter than a good chunk of the high school students, she ensures her face seems threatening to the students, the tone in her voice sounding dangerous compared to the delinquents. As she waits for a response from the students, she eyes all of them, expecting an answer ASAP. When the students finally respond with the problems and issues going on within them, she would pull out her book (that seems to have nothing written inside of it), and start flipping through it with her fingers, saying, “According to what I have here, the immense amount of inappropriate language that you all dare to release from your mouths is and has never been aloud. Now, normally I wouldn’t give detention for such little swearing at school, just a verbal warning. But what you guys have done was highly unacceptable, I might have to give you detention, unfortunately.” Saying that she would hand all the individuals a detention slip. “Keep this up, and I won’t be afraid to call an SLT over here. Have a great rest of your day.”

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
If you want to find someone who can easily project their voice to a large extent, Honoka is a great example. If this were to occur, she would shout, very loudly, saying something along the lines of, “Hey! Attention, everyone, now!”. If that doesn’t work, and the class continues to wander off in their world, her voice would project even more, threatening consequences. Her goal in this scenario is to eye the main student(s) causing the problem and confront them, first with a verbal warning, and then with a detention if they continue. She would then continue with “I have plenty of assessments, don’t think I would hesitate to give them to all of you. They’re not fun ones, I’ll tell you that.”

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Honoka loves her quirky side, and wouldn’t bother bringing it out with her co-workers. One of her favorite things while communicating with anyone is having the most engaging conversation that seems would last hours. In the teacher's lounge, her typical bursts of joy and energy come directed towards her co-workers, sometimes asking them the most random out-of-pocket questions, or just speaking constantly non-stop with the amount of stories she has in store. One thing to know about her is that she cannot keep a secret. That zipped mouth of hers would quickly open, casually slipping out to almost anyone she knows… don’t trust Honoka with secrets. Despite that, she hopes to form great bonds with all of her co-workers through her conversations… or she has a sugar crash and is just sitting in the corner grading assignments. (that rarely happens regardless)

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
approaches the student before asking what their call for assistance was. After receiving an answer, she would proceed to respond with, “I see, would it be better if I gave you a visual example?”. Waiting for the individual to say ‘yes’, she would then proceed to back away from the student, maintaining eye contact. When stopped, she would say, “Follow what I do.” Following this, she would crouch down slightly and form her fists to make a ball-like shape. She does this slowly so the student can easily follow her actions. “Make sure not to crouch too much, forming your hands like this is best when you want the ball to bounce off of your hands, sending it to the other side of the net. Now, underhand throw the ball to me so I can show you.” As the student does so, Honoka prepares to hit the ball, as the ball makes a physical connection with her balled-up hands, she un-crouches as her hands make an upwards motion, hitting the ball back into the student's hands.

/me enters the closet before coming out with an extra assignment book in her hand. She opens it to the first page and reads the instructions. “As you can see, all you do here is choose the correct answer. Pay attention to the questions, they may ask for multiple answers at times.” She flips to Section II of the assignment book, looking up to ensure that all of the students are following along. “I do not like having to say this over and over, but I can’t elaborate enough on how much y’all should read the entire question. I’ve had to quickly mark answers wrong; especially in these written response questions because the student hasn’t answered the full question. Just a reminder.” She closes the book before asking the students if they understand the complete assignment. Once all of the students say yes, she responds with, “Begin.” before beginning to pace around the classroom as the students do the assignment.

/me slowly rises to a stand as the students join the class. When risen, her face greets the students, giving a warm smile as they all take a seat. Once all the students have taken their seats, she begins. “A lot of you probably don’t know me… but I’m Miss Taniguchi. I’m one of your new teachers here, welcome to my first Physical Education class! Before we start, let me tell you a bit about myself.” She grabs her main possessions, which include glasses, the bow she previously wore on the back of your head, and her large Kirby plushie. As she holds up her bow, she says, “This is my favorite accessory… even though I didn’t just get it from auction…” as she grabs her Kirby plushie, “My favorite fictional and Nintendo character… I’ve had this for a while.” last but not least, her glasses, which she places around her face. “Mainly just reading glasses, that’s all.” She bows down to the students, as a proper Japanese greeting. “Now, any activities you guys want to do?”

/me with the basketball in her hands, she places the ball to rest on her right palm, her left hand on the side of the ball. She makes sure she is a good enough distance from the hoop she’s shooting the ball towards, and once confirmed, she crouches a bit. A few seconds pass, and she jumps up about ½ a foot high into the air as the ball is released from her hands. The ball flies towards the hoop but bounces from the top of the rim. In response to this, Honoka runs towards the hoop, ready to make a rebound shot. Her right hand manages to get ahold of the ball again, as she jumps 2 feet high in the air, her hand feeling the rim as the ball goes through the hoop. “That’s it,” she says, directing her vision towards the students. “Any questions?"

Backstory

Honoka M.N. Taniguchi's life began in 2006 on a stormy night in Karakura. Born on May 13, she was born without knowing her biological family, leading many to picture her as an orphan due to the mysterious and unknown fate of her parents. Growing up, she found herself in a daycare, spending time there for the most part, with interactions of toys and other settings. Whispers about her parents' "passing" and childhood trauma haunted her, but Honoka shows her strength early on by standing up to a bully before winning.

When moving to Karakura High School, Honoka realized she must face the many difficulties of teenage life. She was in multiple fights, often injured, but her determination to get an education never died. Her fashion choices, including a black crop top, short shorts, and a dusty gray hoodie, reflected her past. A rose ring and round glasses with a black bow completed her unique style.

Despite initial struggles with sports, Honoka developed an interest in physical education, and her dream was to become a P.E. teacher. Her Kirby plushie and an expensive watch represented her bravery followed by moments of her past and personality. Living with ADHD hadn't made her life easier, but she still found interest in her excellent handwriting and memorization skills. Often known as an "introverted extrovert," she sometimes switched between chattiness and absolute silence, typically energized by drinks.

Aside from her "toughness" on the outside, Honoka had a softer side, enjoying technology and expressing herself through writing. She was very iffy in friendship connections, she only trusted a few. With her thunder-colored hair and deep brown eyes, Honoka was a mixture of Japanese and American; mostly Japanese. Despite her challenging past, she grew stronger as time passed, facing life head-on and turning hardship into inspiration for others.

After finishing high school in Karakura, Honoka went to Tokyo to teach P.E. for four years. She was very passionate about teaching fitness and health to her students. She made her classes fun with cool training techniques and games, always motivating her students to be their best selves. Everyone loved her energetic teaching style, and she became a favorite teacher at the school.

After teaching in Tokyo, Honoka felt like she wanted to come back to Karakura to teach there. She also missed her hometown and wanted to share her experiences and inspire the students here. She believed that by teaching in Karakura, she could make a difference and help students face challenges just like she did. With her dedication and love for teaching, Honoka was excited to start this new chapter back home.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Honoka Sang-eo

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss… probably going to be that for a long time.

Given Name(s):
Honoka and Miki

Preferred Name:
Honoka, Miki, or Miss Sang-eo, preferably not my full name just for past reasons.

Age (Minimum is 25):

Religious Denomination:
Christian

Marital Status:
None… for now.

Nationality:
Japanese-American; mostly Japanese, though.

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
About 4 years, this does include when I was a teacher in Tokyo for most of that time.

Academic Degree:
A Masters in Health and Physical Education.

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Exercise, Athletic Training, Sports Science, Health and Physical Education.

Minors:
Coaching, Adapted P.E., Nutrition, Basic Technology.

Native Languages:
Japanese, English (a bit), and JSL.

Other Languages:
Korean and Spanish.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
Nope.

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
If you see this, you’re awesome sauce ;)

Do you have any questions?:
Nope!

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.​

Users who are viewing this thread